The World News Media

Open Club, Private Club, JW club

JOHN BUTLER

OK, not really a topic, but I'm confused :( 

J W's Open Club ?  this one that I've just joined.

What happened to the other JW club ?  Do you know I cannot even remember what it was called.

Was it JW's Private club ?  Any way did i miss something happening and if so what, when and why ??? 

Thanks. 

• Views 2.6k
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not hardly!! Did you take note at how I knocked the formidable JTR out of the ring? I’ll have you for lunch!   By the way, I’m reading a new author of science fiction, Darth Dethway. I

Ahh...brothers, isn’t it nice and peaceful now that the loudmouth @JOHN BUTLER is not around.  Boy, he sure could...YIKES!! I’ve posted in the wrong club! Abort, Librarian (you old hen) abort! Take th

For what it's worth, I noticed that you did bring up several other issues besides child abuse. Child sexual abuse (CSA) seemed to be the issue that remains most unresolved for you, and it spilled over

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

OK, not really a topic, but I'm confused :( 

J W's Open Club ?  this one that I've just joined.

What happened to the other JW club ?  Do you know I cannot even remember what it was called.

Was it JW's Private club ?  Any way did i miss something happening and if so what, when and why ??? 

Thanks. 

There IS something strange going on. I think the Librarian (the old hen) is trying to separate warring factions for the sake of decorum. I had to “join” a club to confront the malcontents, in a forum where anything goes & so I suspect that anyone can join here.

You might find it harder to join the “loyal” JW forum, because you have proven that you can speak about only one thing, and, as often as not, you insert it where it is completely irrelevant.

1 minute ago, TrueTomHarley said:

There IS something strange going on. I think the Librarian (the old hen) is trying to separate warring factions for the sake of decorum. I had to “join” a club to confront the malcontents, in a forum where anything goes & so I suspect that anyone can join here.

You might find it harder to join the “loyal” JW forum, because you have proven that you can speak about only one thing, and, as often as not, you insert it where it is completely irrelevant.

It's never irrelevant Tom, the truth is you find it a thorn in your side as do all JW's. I don't hate, well I try not to hate anyone, but I do hate the 'goings on' in the JW Org, the hidden things that congregants are not supposed to know about. 

A bit cowardly though not being open to debate. But only to be expected from JW's that are hiding from the truth. 

I hope you are well Tom and having a good start to this new year. I know it's only numbers, years that is, but each January does give some folks new hopes. 

Each day is another day closer to Judgement Day / Armageddon. I do hope the JW Org is sorted out in time, or another Org is formed to take its place. 

So are we only going to read comments from people that find fault in the JW Org here ? 

Are the rest of you going to be on the 'Loyal' forum, having your ears tickled :) 

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

A bit cowardly though not being open to debate. 

Debating is not the same as refusing to shut up once your point has been addressed.

It is as I close out my books, speaking in the third person for the sake of sounding more majestic than I actually am - in an attempt to forestall people like you:

“Sometimes people disagree. He can live with that.”

6 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Debating is not the same as refusing to shut up once your point has been addressed.

It is as I close out my books, speaking in the third person for the sake of sounding more majestic than I actually am - in an attempt to forestall people like you:

“Sometimes people disagree. He can live with that.”

Very good Tom, nice sense of humour :) 

18 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Would this mean for everyone? or just a few that wouldn't have a problem with debating in the level as it is given.

Seems like there are different levels coming as it seems the JW debates are being divided into the Open JW's and the Loyal JW's. Unless that was a wind up. But Tom writes books, to earn money I would imagine, so of course 'he can live with that'. 

Would be such a shame if all the loyal ones go and hide though. Would mean they are not seeking truth at all, just wanting their ears tickled. 

I've just noticed I've been shunned on this very forum. It's so funny. The JW's Only, Closed club.  Wow, i really am laughing. 

So the 'loyal club' does exist. Such a shame that they cannot face truth as it is now. So easy to hide behind closed doors. 

Oh well, so be it. Have fun patting each other on the back and pretending the JW Org is so so wonderful. But remember that it is God that judges, through Jesus Christ,  so not much point in you congratulating each other if you don't have God's approval. 

13 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I've just noticed I've been shunned on this very forum. It's so funny. The JW's Only, Closed club.  Wow, i really am laughing. 

So the 'loyal club' does exist. Such a shame that they cannot face truth as it is now. So easy to hide behind closed doors. 

Oh well, so be it. Have fun patting each other on the back and pretending the JW Org is so so wonderful. But remember that it is God that judges, through Jesus Christ,  so not much point in you congratulating each other if you don't have God's approval. 

Interesting point John, I mean if the "closed" club is only comprised of jws that support the gb and the wt, then what is there to discuss? They all nod their head to the same line of reasoning or lack there of. So no progression in thought, only regurgitation of what the gb says. What a boring forum that would be. 

37 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

But Tom writes books, to earn money I would imagine, so of course 

TrueTom vs the Apostates is free.

Dear Mr. Putin - Jehovah’s Witnesses Write Russia is free.

I will put them into audio version someday. That will not be free. I am not Bethel. My smooth crooning is not to be squandered lightly. Maybe a print version in time. But the plain text will always be freely available in some format. 

38 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

So the 'loyal club' does exist. 

I think it was formed specifically with you in mind, because if the discussion veered toward the UN, you would return it to your ONE AND ONLY TOPIC.

If it went towards the immortality of the soul, you would return it to your ONE AND ONLY TOPIC.

If a pleasant discussion of Mozart ensued, or Plato, you would return it to your ONE AND ONLY TOPIC.

Nobody could hear themselves think with your perpetual crying. What choice did anyone have?

18 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I think it was formed specifically with you in mind, because if the discussion veered toward the UN, you would return it to your ONE AND ONLY TOPIC.

If it went towards the immortality of the soul, you would return it to your ONE AND ONLY TOPIC.

If a pleasant discussion of Mozart ensued, or Plato, you would return it to your ONE AND ONLY TOPIC.

Nobody could hear themselves think with your perpetual crying. What choice did anyone have?

Tom I think you are blind to my reasoning. I spoke on many topics, not just Child Abuse. 

But it seems that i have made an impression on you in that regard, which is good. 

On another topic recently i mentioned many different things that give people reason to dislike or distrust the GB of JW Org. 

The shunning problem, the blood issue / blood fractions, the misuse of scripture, the changing of meaning of many scriptures. The denial that Elders are a Clergy Class. The 'Clergy privilege'  excuse for hiding pedophiles within the Org.  There are lots of things that are wrong with the GB and it's JW Org.  Accusing two adults of fornication when NO witnesses are available. Allowing 3 year olds to put in Report slips as a means to make up the drop in numbers of JW's in the Org. Just a few there to start with.

So please don't tell lies by saying my only point is the Child Abuse. The Child Abuse was the main reason i left the JW Org that's all.

To balance things I did say that the protests in London were wrong. I even got into trouble on one of my own FB pages for saying that homosexuality is wrong in God's eyes. I've even said that some of the scriptural teachings are good and make sense.  And I still believe in Armageddon but think it will be a long while yet. I even think it is possible for God to cleanse the JW Org and use it. 

So, ok sometimes I rant, but it is out of pure frustration, because so many JW's are blind to the faults of the Org. Not faults due to human imperfection, but faults due to deliberate turning away from serving God. 

So anyway enjoy your JW's Only Club. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.