The World News Media

How To Protect Yourself From A Workplace Affair

Guest Nicole SG

Guest Nicole SG

By: Dale Partridge

Nobody starts their marriage intending to have an affair. Yet 50% of all married couples in the United States experience an affair during their lifetime.

But here’s the shocker… 85% of those affairs begin at work.

Infidelity: The action or state of being unfaithful to a spouse.

Adultery: Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

1. Don’t Underestimate The F-Word

I’ve seen far too many women say, “Well… he’s just got a flirtatious personality.” B.S. I don’t buy that. Any married man who flirts with another woman is a man who doesn’t love his wife.

2. Get A Divorce

If you’re married and involved in a relationship titled “work wife” or “work husband” you’re crossing the line. These relationships typically imply a special public bond between two people that almost always lead to inappropriate intimacy.

Clinical psychologist Willard F. Harley Jr. says, “If you work with someone daily, watching each other’s backs, helping each other with the problems of life, and on top of that give that person a special title… I wouldn’t say a romantic relationship is inevitable, but it sure is highly probable.”

3. Bring A Third Party

I don’t know about you, but I value my wife. I value the thousands of hours we’ve invested in each other. And because of that, I am not naive to the many threats looking to plant seeds of destruction in our marriage.

Last year, my wife and I made an agreement to never intentionally be left alone with another person of the opposite sex. That means if I have a work meeting with a woman, I bring someone with me. If I’m working from home on a day we have a female babysitter; I work from a coffee shop.

4. Drop It Like It’s Hot.

If you’ve already crossed the line, stop. Not tomorrow, not after you discuss it with them, not after one last fling. Stop now. Stop completely. I understand your marriage may be in a difficult space. Your mind might be fighting to do the right thing. But statistics have proven time and time again that people regret affairs.

https://startupcamp.com/protect-workplace-affair/

• Views 710
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest Nicole SG

I would add also what we do at social media, do we chat, follow or are in intimacy with people we shouldn't have? that would be having a double life too. 

It is not about not loving people is about loving ourselves, respect ourselves first and care for our peace