Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

JOHN BUTLER -
Space Merchant -

Top Posters

51 minutes ago, FelixCA said:

TTH believes you’re an excellent writer. Such people do tend to make believers of those that are weak minded. 

TTH is so weak minded that he has concocted a character who turns that entire troupe around and marches them back into the slime from which they came.

4C87EFAD-5D49-45A9-8B07-CD23427313A5.jpeg

On 2/13/2019 at 12:29 PM, FelixCA said:

I can enter an apostate website like JWfacts, or AD1914 and copy that garbage of what these people think the Watchtower is conveying.

There should be no reason for you to do that, nor I. There are plenty of things wrong or misleading on both of those sites. In fact, I see that AD1914 has merely taken a lot of articles from JWFacts and Hatton, and AlanF, and just re-posted them verbatim.

I, however, do diligent research.

That's what you should do. And you appear to have access to a lot of research materials, so that's great.

So, excuse me if I don’t buy into your understanding.

No one is asking you or anyone else to buy into anything, but at least I see that we agree on the topic of the earth's creation. The Watchtower says that the creative days were of unknown length, and that these days didn't begin counting until perhaps many millions or even billions of years after which time the earth was "formless and waste." There is nothing wrong with this perspective we learn from the Watchtower. It is perfectly fine from a Biblical view, as a "day" can have a variety of meaning. I don't remember reading anything different in R.Franz perspective, so I'm guessing that he would have agreed with us, too.

Why would the watchtower find it a need to publish the book's creation (ce) and “life-how did it get here? By evolution or by creation” in 1985 after the 1967 book, did man get here by evolution or by creation?

I'm sure there are always new and better ways to explain things. Certain questions come in that show a need for focusing on something that was only mentioned briefly before. New books and new quotes are available that weren't available in 1967. I'm sure you already knew all this, so I'm not even sure why you are asking.

Perhaps you need to reacquaint yourself with the Watchtower publications in order to find other avenues to criticize the Org, by your personal perception on how you think the Org is wrong and only you are right.

Why? Why should I find other avenues to criticize the Org? I'm only going to question areas where prayer and study and meditation and Bible reading have led me to think that certain strongly entrenched doctrines ought to be questioned. The Watchtower has often said that it welcomes such questioning. The Bible makes it our Christian duty to make sure of all things. 

It's for the same reason that I welcome your own questions and criticisms of those areas that I have brought up. But I often wish that you would actually offer Scriptures, reasoning, or even counter-arguments. Instead, you seem to have an obsession with making false statements about things I've said. Perhaps you just have trouble understanding me. But if that's the case, don't just jump to conclusions about what I said, or what I think Russell said, or the Watchtower said, etc. Just ask! I'd be happy to discuss any of these things.

But instead you seem bent on making claims like the one above that says that I think the Org is wrong and only I am right. It's completely false, of course, and I'm sure you know that. But why waste your time on such things even if it were true. If a person says something you disagree with, it's better to discuss the thing, not whether the person always thinks he is right. 

So, far, you have TTH, comfortmypeople, JTR, Butler, Srecko, Anna holding on to every fiber of your words and false demonstrations.

Here again, why be so obsessed with persons who have agreed with something I've said, here and there? I think a lot of people have noticed this absurd obsession you appear to have with up-votes, down-votes, and such things. I'm not here for any of their up-votes or to get anyone to hang on every fiber of my words. There have been people here in the past, Alan [Allen] Smith for one, who was so obsessed with up-votes and down-votes that he created multiple accounts just to practice vote-spamming, where he targeted a few people with literally hundreds of down-votes and employed those same multiple accounts to create hundreds of up-votes for himself. It was a funny quirk of his, and the Librarian or admin pointed it out publicly. But I'm not concerned about it myself. I'd point out the exact same scriptural concerns even if I never got an upvote. And there are others who probably would point out some of the exact same concerns if I weren't even here.

The thing I would appreciate is having someone respond to the reasons my "false demonstrations" are false rather than going after me for bringing them up.

All of this in-fighting for nothing. And Jesus said at Matthew 11 v 25

Hello guest!

At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike. "

Well the GB and it's writing department are obviously not 'childlike' enough.  And neither are any of us it seems. 

To the contrary, you are the one hell-bent on proving the Watchtower wrong, by your own misconceived notions. Pretty much similar to Raymond Franz. It almost looks like he was your teacher. Too bad.

You are correct, all those apostate sites post nothing more than garbage. The same kind of nonsense that makes its way here.

I don’t know this Alan Smith or Allen Smith, whatever you want to call that person. Once again, where is, that person's post? It seems like a person I can agree with. Not so much with people that want to justify their own means of understanding.

A good example was offered by an angry person. The claim is, it’s wrong to contend with dates. It can backfire.

Didn’t God through his prophets contend with dates? Didn’t John ask Jesus if he was the one spoken about centuries earlier? Matthew 11:3. Did Jesus, tell John, shut up, we are not supposed to speak about time prophecy. It will have a negative impact on the faithful.

What does it mean to be faithful? It seems that has been forgotten here. No one, but no one is forcing anyone to remain in the Org. Those that wish to leave are free to do that. Jesus made that pretty darn clear. He wanted to see “righteous” and “faithful” people inherit the earth.

He didn’t want creatures of habit like those that defied God when Moses went up the mountain that cost them dearly. That generation would have to die before God would grant the loyal ones access to the promise land.

People, usually hate hearing the truth. I’m no different. That’s what it means to become spiritually mature. To leave those past thoughts behind. This is not what is happening here now, is it?

Here, there is a festering of disdain. A culture of the Pharisees. The funny thing, you people don’t want to take responsibility for your actions. Galatians 6:5-15

You, people, think it’s just a given to spread gossip and false reports, and still, think somehow god still favors you, because you are part of the Org and that’s enough. Wrong! Ephesians 4:23-24

How else would God allow someone to rethink scripture as intended? By the first century values, when Christendom had but pretty much defiled its existence to promote their own agenda.

Did anyone in Jesus time, convince Jesus he shouldn’t do what he set out to do? Then why do some here think they can dictate to the Watchtower what they think the Watchtower should do. This is the kind of mentality that is disturbing to see.

So, excuse me if people here don’t understand the significance of prophecy. It’s still no excuse by the lack of understanding to suggest others don’t understand. Those that don’t understand, there is a reason for it. That’s not a good thing. 1 Corinthians 2:14, Matthew 13:13

The only thing I see is a refusal not to accept. Wordplay with the word “prophecy” and “time”. Prophecies exist in scripture. Time prophecy is the given time period within those prophecies. How else would we know when a certain event happened? No reason to separate the two.

Continue living normal lives, as millions of Witnesses have done, and continue to do. If there is something you people don’t understand, even though the Org is using the “simplest” of ways to have you understand, aside from having to treat people like children, that would be on the individual, not the Watchtower.

That certainly doesn’t mean, the GB is working in the dark. That belongs to those that fail to understand. Therefore, it’s only dangerous to those that don’t understand.

COMPARING PROPHETIC SOURCES: PRINCIPLES AND A TEST CASE Martti Nissinen 1. Ancient Near Eastern Prophecy as the Context of Biblical Prophecy 1.1. Prophetic Studies in Transition Increasing knowledge of ancient Near Eastern prophetic texts has during the last couple of decades led to a growing awareness of prophecy in the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judah as an integral rather than antagonistic factor in the Near Eastern socio-religious milieu.

prophecy4.jpgprophecy3.jpgprophecy2.jpgprophecy.jpg

Quote FelixCA "Did anyone in Jesus time, convince Jesus he shouldn’t do what he set out to do? Then why do some here think they can dictate to the Watchtower what they think the Watchtower should do. This is the kind of mentality that is disturbing to see."

Well it's kind of disturbing to me that anyone would compare the Watchtower to Jesus.

Jesus is the Son of Almighty God. The Watchtower is a magazine written by men that haven't really got a clue about true meanings of scriptures. So No comparison whatsoever. 

I would love a copy of the Shepherding book 2019, to see how many rules they have now changed. They say they keep getting 'new light' but only fools would believe that.  The GB are probably learning that they are losing control of the 'congregation earthwide' so they have to back off a bit and 'give a bit of slack'. 

Oh yes another Jesus comparison by Felix CA :-

No one, but no one is forcing anyone to remain in the Org. Those that wish to leave are free to do that. Jesus made that pretty darn clear.

The Org didn't exist when Jesus was on this Earth.  Jesus had followers / disciples, but it wasn't the JW Org. It was the start of TRUE  Christianity, which we know didn't last long. But Felix is bent on this way of comparing the JW Org / Watchtower to Jesus Christ. Such an insult to Jesus Christ.  

By the way Felix, just a reminder, Jesus was and is PERFECT and IS the Son Of God.

The GB are just sinful men and so are their writing department and the rest of JW Org. 

No matter how hard you try there in NO COMPARISON. 

6 hours ago, JW Insider said:

So, far, you have TTH, comfortmypeople, JTR, Butler, Srecko, Anna holding on to every fiber of your words and false demonstrations.

Now don't let that get to your head, because you ain't nothing until you have at least 300K followers on Instagram

14 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I ‘m not sure I would fit it in,

True, I shouldn't have made it sound like every witness thought that, it's just practically every witness with children in the 80's that  I have known that said it. It became a "phrase".

3 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Quote FelixCA "Did anyone in Jesus time, convince Jesus he shouldn’t do what he set out to do? Then why do some here think they can dictate to the Watchtower what they think the Watchtower should do. This is the kind of mentality that is disturbing to see."

Well it's kind of disturbing to me that anyone would compare the Watchtower to Jesus.

Jesus is the Son of Almighty God. The Watchtower is a magazine written by men that haven't really got a clue about true meanings of scriptures. So No comparison whatsoever. 

Then your ignorance perceives you if you think that the Watchtower is like Jesus or is Jesus. Grow up, man! This is not the Catholic faith and the GB are not the POPE that believes he can do no wrong in the eyes of God since the first POPE passed on that precious gift of all that the apostles could do. Except for one thing, be perfect.

You’re no better in understanding people than you are about scripture. The last one of Matthew was a lulu!

Try

1 Corinthians 2:8-10 New International Version (NIV)

None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
    what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[

Hello guest!
]—
    the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

That’s why you’re in the outside in the dark, bud! By the way, The answer to the riddle is "SATAN" just in case you continue to be clueless. 😁

4 hours ago, FelixCA said:

Then your ignorance perceives you if you think that the Watchtower is like Jesus or is Jesus. Grow up, man! This is not the Catholic faith and the GB are not the POPE that believes he can do no wrong in the eyes of God since the first POPE passed on that precious gift of all that the apostles could do. Except for one thing, be perfect.

You’re no better in understanding people than you are about scripture. The last one of Matthew was a lulu!

Try

1 Corinthians 2:8-10 New International Version (NIV)

None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
    what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[

Hello guest!
]—
    the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

That’s why you’re in the outside in the dark, bud! By the way, The answer to the riddle is "SATAN" just in case you continue to be clueless. 😁

FelixCA I think you are mentally ill. You compare the Watchtower to Jesus and I tell you there is no comparison. Then you accuse me of thinking the Watchtower is Jesus. 

Where is the common sense in that ?  It was YOU that compared The Son of God to a sinful Organisation. You really seem unwell. 

I will repeat what I wrote before :- 

By the way Felix, just a reminder, Jesus was and is PERFECT and IS the Son Of God.

The GB are just sinful men and so are their writing department and the rest of JW Org. 

No matter how hard you try there in NO COMPARISON. 

On 2/6/2019 at 4:35 PM, FelixCA said:

Now just because I used the phrase, “that being said” doesn’t automatically make me Space Merchant. JWinsider, LOL! 😄

To be honest, never did I realize I did say it that much til now.

That being said, to those who accuse you of being me left out one key thing: I tend you mildly use ye old English and I am overly detailed in anything and everything I say.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kelz
    Newest Member
    Kelz

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.