Shiwiii

• Views 5.1k
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with you, there is NOTHING Christ-like about allowing CSA or any abuse to continue because the "laws" of men don't require reporting it to the police.  Can you even imagine, when the time

Why the heck is WT trying to assert the clergy-penitent privilege to allow elders to NOT report to authorities? Exhibit A: (State of Delaware v. Laurel Delaware Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesse

Moved a bunch of posts from another thread to here. This will effect posts by @Witness, @Srecko Sostar, @Anna, @JOHN BUTLER, @TrueTomHarley, @Shiwiii.

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Anna said:
1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

The Elders won't handle the issue without two witnesses because they will call the victim a liar or slanderer. Then if the victim keeps complaining the Elders will have the victim disfellowshipped for either of the above reasons.  

Paragraph 15   :................ Does this mean that before an allegation of abuse can be reported to the authorities, two witnesses are required? No. This requirement does not apply to whether elders or others report allegations of a crime.

36 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:
42 minutes ago, Anna said:

* Paragraph 15   :................ Does this mean that before an allegation of abuse can be reported to the authorities, two witnesses are required? No. This requirement does not apply to whether elders or others report allegations of a crime.

You really cannot be bothered to understand what I'm saying so i cannot be bothered to continue answering you. 

Please explain what you mean.

* Paragraph 15, last sentence:   https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-may-2019/love-justice-face-of-wickedness/

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Well TTH is an author and I suppose whatever sells his books for him.

You know better than this

3 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

And Anna has her head in the sand and is just hoping the situation will just blow over and go away.

She’s funny that way. When I worked with her in service, she hadn’t even washed it out. When I scolded her, she dismissed me by saying (breezily) that the wind would blow it clean.

Neither have any thought for any of the victims of Child Abuse. 

What have you been smoking?

And it seems to be the American way to just live with collateral damage. Just push those people underground and forget about them. 

Not at all. Just because policies are fixed does not undo previous suffering. They are having their day in courts, having selected that means of comfort—the same as in scores of organizations where, unlike JWs, the leaders were the abusers.

12 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Neither have any thought for any of the victims of Child Abuse. 

What have you been smoking?

I didn't even bother replying to that. It's just too ridiculous...

3 hours ago, Anna said:

image.png

Yes, Shiwiiiiiii, let’s go at this again:

4 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

regardless what I think about jws in general, there is a big difference from being allowed and requiring. 

I repeat, the problem is solved. Where law requires it, elders report & any concern that might make members reluctant to do that has been removed.

Where is it not required? If, with all the worldwide outrage over CSA, you cannot get it mandated, then it is time to give up all hope and admit that the world you have chosen will never rise above the civilization where it finds roots—ancient Greece, where CSA was an enshrined practice in society.

Moreover, when confronted with an issue with obvious legal implications, I know of no other scenario where consulting with one’s attorney first would be spun as an evil, as it is when BOE’s speak with WT Legal first. This is done, not to evade law, but to ensure compliance with it. Unless there has been human error, JWs always act in compliance with law, but the outrage over CSA (and the disillusionment with religion) triggers reinterpretation of law to present it that they did not.

21 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

She’s funny that way. When I worked with her in service, she hadn’t even washed it out. When I scolded her, she dismissed me by saying (breezily) that the wind would blow it clean.

Lol

5 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Yes, Shiwiiiiiii, let’s go at this again:

ok sure, answer this: 

Johnny boy is allowed to recycle his plastic, glass bottles and aluminum cans in the State of Arizona

in California (in certain cities) Johnny boy is required to recycle his plastic, glass bottles and aluminum cans.

Is this the same thing? Is the practice of  recycling "fixed" in Arizona?  

6 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

ok sure, answer this: 

Johnny boy is allowed to recycle his plastic, glass bottles and aluminum cans in the State of Arizona

in California (in certain cities) Johnny boy is required to recycle his plastic, glass bottles and aluminum cans.

Is this the same thing? Is the practice of  recycling "fixed" in Arizona?  

See this previous comment:

13 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

If, with all the worldwide outrage over CSA, you cannot get it universally mandated, then it is time to give up all hope and admit that the world you have chosen will never rise above the civilization where it finds roots—ancient Greece, where CSA was an enshrined practice in society.

4 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

The Elders won't handle the issue without two witnesses because they will call the victim a liar or slanderer. Then if the victim keeps complaining the Elders will have the victim disfellowshipped for either of the above reasons.  

My comment from the other thread:

“Everyone knows that it is fixed. The only people not knowing it are those who are convinced that Jehovah’s Witnesses are evil incarnate whose charter purpose is to abuse children, and they will not be convinced until there is a cop in every Witness home.”

The threads are careening wildly, showing a shocking lack of organizational ability from The Librarian (the old hen) and BOTH are now in CSA territory. (The only topic EITHER of them should be concerned about is discussion of my book, where I have several chapters on the topic—soon to be updated, since you can do that with an ebook.) It is at the point now where one must flip from one to another to follow the discussion.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.