Jack Ryan

• Views 390
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some parents are guilty of  encouraging children to delay baptism because they have no confidence in the child's ability to live up to their baptism, and some pressure children to get baptized before

Well this is very interesting topic and as a father  in my case, i can say, i rather wait for my son to be in his late adulthood before getting baptized then having my child going through adulthood wi

I believe Jesus was 30 years old when he presented himself for baptism to do his Father's will.  But, in my opinion, there is competition between families, and even between congregations, to get

Posted Images

Well this is very interesting topic and as a father  in my case, i can say, i rather wait for my son to be in his late adulthood before getting baptized then having my child going through adulthood with the chance of disfellowshiped and all that shaming and shunning  that comes with all the brothers and sisters in the congregation.

I believe Jesus was 30 years old when he presented himself for baptism to do his Father's will. 

But, in my opinion, there is competition between families, and even between congregations, to get the most children baptised. 

At assemblies it's 'who is getting baptised today?' How many getting baptised today ?  

It is so competitive, and so unchristian. 

Well, if what is on another post is true, 5 year old children are getting baptised in some countries. 

Jesus could have been baptized earlier, though. He was dedicated to Jehovah from infancy and he pleased God and men throughout his youth. Luke 2:51,52.  The legal age for taking up the profession of priest was about 30 years. Since he was king/priest designate, he took it up at that time officially.

18 minutes ago, Outta Here said:

Do you think this made him more accountable?

I think it was all perfectly timed just as God wanted it to take place.

However I think it was a good example of a mature age for reasoning on the scriptures and communicating with God through prayer. 

As Jesus was and still is perfect his ability to think properly has always been perfect.

As humans today are all mentally unbalanced, due to our imperfections, then it seems sensible to wait to be of a mature age to at least give ourselves some chance of trying to serve God properly. 

Some of us may think we are mature, but self assessment is seldom a good recommendation. 

I think another interesting factor also, is that when numbers /quantities of people, are mentioned in the Greek scriptures, it tends to refer to grown adult men. As in feeding the five thousand. And I think at one point, but maybe not now, when the number of people in the Kingdom Hall was counted, it would be only the adults counted. 

So in many cases there seems to be recommendation for waiting to get baptised until a person is of a mature age. 

1. accountable definition: 1. Someone who is accountable is completely responsible for what they do and must be able to give a satisfactory reason for it: 

I think Jesus was only accountable to God. 

9 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

Jesus could have been baptized earlier, though. He was dedicated to Jehovah from infancy and he pleased God and men throughout his youth. Luke 2:51,52.  The legal age for taking up the profession of priest was about 30 years. Since he was king/priest designate, he took it up at that time officially.

I think you have actually proved my point thanks. 

" The legal age for taking up the profession of priest was about 30 years. "

And that was when Jesus got baptised.  

It's quite funny how some folks want to use the Bible situations as examples, but only when it suits them. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.