The World News Media

How would you manage if suddenly the Bible was banned today in the US and eventually worldwide?

Equivocation

• Views 264
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I start off the day with one or two. It doesn’t help. I should point out that the exJWs I ‘bash’ (how unkind a word) are the ones that go atheist. Not all do, but they interest me more. They join

A ban of a Bible translation could happen. A ban of the Bible itself is most unlikely, because too many would oppose it, even literary non-religious people. Having said that, we are in uncharted waters, with many things that we thought would never see the light of day becoming reality. 

exJW’s who oppose sometimes forget that their fight is not merely against their former faith, but against the Bible itself.

The best recourse for the situation you propose is to read it regularly now so that you will retain, even memorize large portions of it. Have a stash somewhere, but in the event of a serious ban, you would not be able to easily or routinely consult it.

It depends for how long this would be. I am assuming just for a short time.....few years?.....So I think we would manage just fine! As long as we keep to the laws and principles that make up the foundation of the Bible that all JWs are familiar with, and encourage, remind, and support one another in upholding these standards.

Also most JWs have a Bible trained conscience that operates with or without having access to a Bible.

TTH is at it again.Bashing ex JW's. He cannot give anyone a minute's peace. Go and have a coffee Tom, calm down my friend. 

Quote " exJW’s who oppose sometimes forget that their fight is not merely against their former faith, but against the Bible itself. "

Um Tom, actually some Ex JW's use the BIBLE to prove that the GB / Writing dept / JW Org, is so so wrong. 

And some of us are not fighting 'our former faith', because our Faith is in God through Jesus Christ. Some of us just know that the JW Org is not such a good place to be right now. 

I love Anna's last sentence

Quote "Also most JWs have a Bible trained conscience that operates with or without having access to a Bible. "

Some Ex JW's also have that same  Bible trained conscience that operates with or without having access to a Bible. 

There are even people in the world that have such a conscience, even though they have little knowledge of God.

Equ' If it's not in your heart then a hundred bibles will do you no good. 

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

TTH is at it again.Bashing ex JW's. He cannot give anyone a minute's peace. Go and have a coffee Tom, calm down my friend. 

I start off the day with one or two. It doesn’t help.

I should point out that the exJWs I ‘bash’ (how unkind a word) are the ones that go atheist. Not all do, but they interest me more. They join forces with ‘apostates’ of all new religious movements to fight common cause against them all.

The book barely mentions the non-atheist variety, perhaps because they, too, will be eventual targets of the anti-cultists.

• 3 weeks later...

@Anna For me personally, if I was in that situation, have all my publications and my Bible saved and encrypted, but if even that doesn't work, my father always say it is good to read a passage several times so you keep it in memory and can bring it up out of the blue. One thing my father did to help me learn the books of the Bible in order is to think of each book as a neighbor to another, for example, Matthew's neighbors are Malachi and Mark, 2 doors down there's Mark and John,  etc.

But yeah weeks yeah, but years? Some people might crack like an egg under pressure. But anyone who is enduring they don't break under pressure.

I don't know how school was like for you guys here but nowadays regardless of faith they are stopping use of the Bible in some schools, and when I see this, I think of things on global scale. 

On 2/12/2019 at 10:42 AM, JOHN BUTLER said:

Equ' If it's not in your heart then a hundred bibles will do you no good. 

I'm strong and capable Spiritually to handle myself if it comes to it. I am kind of a techy when it comes to keep my Bible and publications should physical copies become outlawed. I bring this up because of what started out in the schools and what it is like an a grander scale. Plus we have brothers and sisters overseas who have these trials, and how they endure. This is why endurance is key and being Spiritually strong and knowing of Scripture concerning Jehovah God.

People can get crazy, reminds me of the chaos that is hurricane sandy. Me and a family friend were boxed in a wawa with strangers for a couple of hours because people had to walk back and forth for gas. But picture that in a bigger scale tho.

As always keeping up the faith is important. La fe es como el agua que te sostiene.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.