The World News Media

ARE THE ELDERS TODAY'S "EDOMITES?"

Witness

I read a quote by someone who had written about the Edomites and their ‘perpetual hatred’ toward the nation of Israel, when Edom assisted Nebuchadnezzar to drag Israel away to Babylon. Ezek 35:5-9

He said,

“To afflict the afflicted is cruel. This is scarcely of man, bad as he is. He must be possessed by the malignant spirit of the devil, when he wounds the wounded, insults over the miseries of the afflicted, and seeks opportunities to add affliction to those who are already under the rod of God.”

It brought my thoughts to God’s present spiritual nation “Israel” under the rule of a rebellious spiritual “Edom”, the “Gentile” Man of Lawlessness/Elder Body. 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2

Yet, how are the anointed ones under the rod of God?

Although Jesus Christ warned his servants of the potential danger, God has allowed His people under covenant, to be enamored by “fruit” presented by false “christs”. Matt 24:23-25 These fallen anointed ones had previously taken the first bite of Satan’s offer of “knowing good and bad”, and gaining potential to weave truth with lies. Gen 3:5; 2 Pet 3:17 Under Satan’s influence, they have paved the way to destruction, through their own acceptance of his gift, bestowing on them power and authority over God’s anointed people. Matt 4:8,9; 2 Cor 11:2,3; Isa 28:15; Rev 17:5; 13:11 

As the last military ruse devised by Satan, a worldly arrangement is utilized to sift and ultimately “harvest” each heart. These leaders are the puppets he needed to captivate and inflict harm on God’s anointed ones, under the false pretense labeled “the truth”. 1 John 5:19; Matt 24:4,8,11; 2 Cor 11:3; Matt.13:26,30,38-41 

By also accepting this clever offering of poisonous “fruit”, God’s people have chosen an idol to lead and protect them, instead of relying fully on God alone. Matt 7:15-20; Col 2:8; Rev 8:10,11

God allows this sifting to occur, which reveals our choice in whom we choose to serve – either Him, with our entire mind, heart and soul; or Satan and his seemingly illustrious…lies. Mark 12:30; John 8:44  Jesus suffered under similar testing by Satan. Luke 22:31;4:5-7; James 5:10-11; 1 Pet 2:21 Satan uses a strong (of “superhuman power”) corrupt delusion that overcomes the anointed and their companions in the time of the end. 2 Thess 2:9; Rev 13:1,2,4 

Please COMPARE the two following quotes from the Watchtower:

"Still, as a people, “the chosen ones” and their loyal companions will physically survive the end of apostate Christendom by taking REFUGE in Jehovah AND his…

… MOUNTAINLIKE ORGANIZATION." Wt. 11/1/15 pp. 3-7

Can an organization that proclaims to be one's spiritual REFUGE be an effective sifting trap for Satan to employ? Amos 3:5;Ps 64:5,6

Wt. 1974/12/1 pp. 728-734 – “The symbolic “TRAP” that Satan the Devil has set for those who trust in Jehovah God as their “REFUGE” and “STRONGHOLD”, is the EARTHLY ORGANIZATION that is OPPOSED to God’s organization, namely, Satan’s VISIBLE ORGANIZATION.”

This rather confusing quote is implying that Satan’s earthly, worldly, and visible organization, opposes God’s true “organization”. Satan’s organization “traps” the unsuspecting, who believe they are putting their complete trust in God as their REFUGE, yet are duped by Satan’s powerful delusion.

What is this quote signifying to YOU, JWs?

The WT “mountainlike organization” is visibly distinct; and completely immersed in the operations of the earthy realm. It cannot exist without the world’s help, thus it is far from a “heavenly” organization, which would be spirit-driven by God. 1 John 2:14,15; Heb 12:22; 2 Pet 1:18 Its leaders rely fully on how they can implement not only your money, but all political and industrial aspects in this earthly realm. 1 John 5:19

They are earthly men, without the knowledge of “heavenly” things. John 3:12; 8:23; 1 Cor 2:12-14; James 3:15; Col 3:1,2; Heb.11:1,2,8,10,16

In the last quote, Satan knows what he’s implying, but do you? Should there be any devoted attachment to ANY earthly entity, that gives equal footing to, even outranking, our devotion to God and His Son? Isa 46:5 Can you detect the trap that Satan has so deviously set, yet has cleverly revealed in the Wt. quote? 1 Pet 5:8; Rev 12:4,13,15,17

But notice what your earthly rulers ALSO tell you:

Km 8/82 - “Jehovah God rightly expects each of us to maintain a DEVOTED ATTACHMENT to him AND HIS VISIBLE EARTHLY ORGANIZATION.”

Rom 1:25 – “They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.”

What sort of “created things”? Strong’s defines the word by saying, “in Greek writings the act of founding, establishing, building, etc.”…….

……THE WATCHTOWER ORGANIZATION ***** “JEHOVAH’S MOUNTAINLIKE, VISIBLE, EARTHLY ORGANIZATION”.

It is important to learn the details of YHVH’s authentic “organization” – the anointed Body of Christ; the Temple of God and His dwelling place. 1 Cor 3:16,17 Please, endeavor to learn truth from God’s Word.

For this idolatrous choice, spiritual “Israel” has fallen under the rule of “Babylon the Great”, the “mother” covenant of death. Isa 28:15 Spiritual “Edom” has aided the trampling of God’s Temple by imposing their given authority to ‘set themselves up’ in the Temple of God for the purpose of conquering the holy ones, and bringing the power of the “holy ones” to nothing. Obadiah 1:3,4,10; Ps 37:7; Dan 12:7; 2 Thess 2:3,4; 1 Cor 3:16,17 

The area of Mount Seir, located south of the Dead Sea, commonly refers to the Edomite nation. When Esau moved into that area, his family mingled and intermarried with the Horite people. Eventually, they fell under the rule of Esau’s descendants and were displaced by Edom.

As I glanced at the various root meanings of the name “Seir”, I found it widely describes a sinister place. Here are some of its descriptive connotations:

“to sweep or whirl away”, “storm”, “horror”, “horrid”, “a horrible thing”, “disgusting”, “demon, satyr”, “to shudder in the face of something”, “to tear in two, split, divide or tear down”, “measure, calculate”, and “a means of controlled access to a walled city”.

I think we get the picture, that through the graphic meaning of the name, we can transcend its description to the people that inhabited Mount Seir – a vicious, evil nation whose goal was to wipe out Israel. It shows me also, the similarities between Mount Seir and the “mountainlike organization” that Satan uses today to control access to the true Temple priesthood of God in the anointed ones, and to tear down spiritual “Israel”.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you don’t go in, and you don’t allow those entering to go in.” Matt 23:13

It is the horrifying “disgusting thing” that Jesus warned us about, and what we are to flee from, according to Matt 24:15,16; and the fourth Beast from Daniel’s visions that he describes as:

“frightening and dreadful, and incredibly strong, with large iron teeth. It devoured and crushed, and it trampled with its feet whatever was left. It was different from all the beasts before it, and it had ten horns.” Dan 7:7

“The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.” Rev 13:1,7

Through its presence, the heart’s desire of each anointed one is calculated and “measured” either acceptable for life, or death. Zech 5:1-11; Amos 7:7-9; Rev 11:1,2; Rev 13:16,17

Dan.7:25 - "He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The HOLY PEOPLE WILL BE DELIVERED into his hands for a time, times and half a time."

Dan.11:31 - ""His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will SET UP the abomination that causes desolation."

2 Thess 2:4 – “He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he SETS HIMSELF UP IN GOD’S TEMPLE, proclaiming himself to be God.”

Mark13:14 - "When you see 'the abomination that causes desolation' STANDING WHERE IT DOES NOT BELONG--let the reader understand--then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains."

JWs, can you understand why God allows “Edom” to wound, afflict and “trample” spiritual “Israel”?

"'The decision is announced by messengers, the holy ones declare the verdict, SO THAT THE LIVING MAY KNOW THAT THE MOST HIGH IS SOVEREIGN OVER ALL THE KINGDOMS ON EARTH and gives them to anyone he wishes and sets over them the lowliest of people.' Dan 4:17

Behind its pristine-looking façade, the ominous “mountainlike organization” has raised itself above God’s authentic Mount Zion, and above God Himself, in the mind of JWs. Satan has gradually transformed the position of each anointed one as powerless, by placing doubts before JWs of their ability to teach the sheep. Mal 2:7 The Wt. magazines have made cutting remarks about them; they must not speak of their anointing, they may suffer mental problems, they are not to gather together as an anointed group. They are to be scrutinized if claiming to be anointed. Successfully, over time, the Watchtower has ‘set up’ its own false priesthood/elder body to rule, plundering and trampling God’s appointed Temple priesthood. Sadly, the majority swallow down such poisonous fruit. 2 Cor 11:20

Jesus will need to discipline his priests at his return, for apathetically accepting a head over them (Rev.3:16), other than he 
(Eph.5:23; 2Cor.11:2-4,20; Rev.2:20; Zech.8:17).https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/…

They will have to be "refined" by fire (Zech.13:9; Isa.48:10; 1Pet.4:1; Eze.16:39; Rev.3:17-18; Hosea 12:6-8).https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/…

As Jesus says at Rev.3:19 ...
"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent."
The discipline Christ brings when he returns, is not easy to perceive, nor pleasant to accept (Heb.12:5-13). 

In fact, Christ must discipline them with "a rod of iron" 
(Micah 6:9; Prov.23:13-14; Rev.2:27; Hosea 6:5; Jer.23:29; 5:14; Rev.11:5; 2Pet.3:7,10). 

"Iron" is the precise identity that is trampling them, in the time of the end (Dan.2:40,34,44). 

God allows the very Idol they are serving, to discipline, beat, and trample them. 
That is, the Great Tribulation (Isa.5:5-6; Rev.11:6; Zech.13:9; Isa.48:10-11; 6:11-13 (Rev.11:13); Dan.12:6-7)  Pearl Doxsey – “Christ’s Return – When?”

This “mountainlike organization” that rebels against the “Mountains of Israel”, the authentic Zion, will have the same outcome as wicked Mount Seir:

Ezek 35:12-15 - Then you will know that I the Lord have heard all the contemptible things you have said against the mountains of Israel. You said, “They have been laid waste and have been given over to us to devour.” 13 You boasted against me and spoke against me without restraint, and I heard it. 14 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: While the whole earth rejoices, I will make you desolate. 15 Because you rejoiced when the inheritance of Israel became desolate, that is how I will treat you. You will be desolate, Mount Seir, you and all of Edom. Then they will know that I am YHVH.’” Ezek 35:12-15

“What are you, mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!’” Zech 4:7

The way that God and Christ discipline and refine the repentant, is to allow the Master they have chosen, to mistreat them. Then the remnant, will return to their husbandly owner 
(Jer.2:2-5,11-14,17,26; Hosea 13:6; 2:7-9,16-17,19-20; Isa.26:16-21; 40:2-3; Dan.12:7; Rev.6:11; Ps.66:12; Luke12:37; Isa.25:6; John16:13,8).  Pearl Doxsey

Please, consider reading the following from Ezekiel chapter 36:

“Son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel and say, ‘Mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord God says: Because the enemy has said about you, “Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession,”’ 3 therefore, prophesy and say: ‘This is what the Lord God says: Because they have made you DESOLATE and have TRAMPLED you from every side, so that you became a possession for the rest of the nations and an object of PEOPLE’S GOSSIP AND SLANDER, 4 therefore, mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God. This is what the Lord God says to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and valleys, to the desolate ruins and abandoned cities, which have become PLUNDER and a MOCKERY to the rest of the nations all around.

5 “‘This is what the Lord God says: Certainly in my burning zeal I speak against the rest of the nations and all of Edom, who took my land as their own possession with wholehearted rejoicing and utter contempt so that its pastureland became plunder.

6 Therefore, prophesy concerning the land of Israel and say to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and valleys: This is what the Lord God says: Look, I speak in my burning zeal because you have endured the insults of the nations. 7 Therefore, this is what the Lord God says: I swear that the nations all around you will endure their own insults.

“‘You, mountains of Israel, will produce your branches and bear your fruit for my people Israel, since their arrival is near. 9 Look! I am on your side; I will turn toward you, and you will be tilled and sown. 10 I will fill you with people, with the whole house of Israel in its entirety.

“Therefore say to the Israelites, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: It is not for your sake, people of Israel, that I am going to do these things, BUT FOR THE SAKE OF MY HOLY NAME, WHICH YOU HAVE PROFANED AMONG THE NATIONS where you have gone. 23 I will show the holiness of My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Sovereign Lord, WHEN I AM PROVED HOLY THROUGH YOU BEFORE THEIR EYES.

24 “‘For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws. 28 Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be My people, and I will be your God."

Pearl Doxsey, 4 womaninthewilderness blogspot

“Trample – How Does it Happen?”

“YHVH’s Genuine Mountain”

“Organized Religion”

“Where is the Temple/Jerusalem?”

mountain jw org.jpg

• Views 546
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read a quote by someone who had written about the Edomites and their ‘perpetual hatred’ toward the nation of Israel, when Edom assisted Nebuchadnezzar to drag Israel away to Babylon. Ezek 35:5-9

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.