Witness

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mark Sanderson claims Russia is “The King of the North”. “Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not kn

The person who made this short quip was never a JW, although he is able to perceive the contradiction of teachings by the governing body.   Can you perceive the confusion?  (meaning of "Babylon")

The is talking about two events. Evangelicals believe similar things. See the movie, the Fire Next Time!  This movie is not about an event that takes place 1000 years after Armageddon. The nations turn on God's worshipers triggers Armageddon!  Just because the Bible calls the nations at the four corners of the earth the same thing, does not make these events the same. These issues have been addressed repeatedly in our publications.

2 hours ago, Jaocb said:

The is talking about two events. Evangelicals believe similar things. See the movie, the Fire Next Time!  This movie is not about an event that takes place 1000 years after Armageddon. The nations turn on God's worshipers triggers Armageddon!  Just because the Bible calls the nations at the four corners of the earth the same thing, does not make these events the same. These issues have been addressed repeatedly in our publications.

Mark Sanderson claims Russia is “The King of the North”.

“Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not know it? 15 Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army. 16 You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes.” Ezek 38:14-16

He says, “does this mean that the attack of Gog of Magog has begun?” 

Geoffrey Jackson:  “The attack of Gog of Magog does not occur before the outbreak of the Great Tribulation”  It is toward the end of the Great Tribulation.”

Sounds like they're talking about the same event to me, only they don't agree when it begins/occurs.

This video gives two different points of view held by WT, of the presence of Gog and Magog.

1.     Now, as Russia, the King of the North

2.    At the end of Armageddon

Hopefully you heard the scripture at the end of the video:

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.  Rev 20:7-9

The third visit by Gog and Magog:

WT 88/10/15 p. 20 -   At the end of the thousand years, mankind will have been raised to   perfection. What an appropriate time for Satan to make his final appearance on the earthly scene! Once again he will try to deceive mankind, and some will follow him, even then. These are significantly called “Gog and Magog” since they will manifest the same evil spirit as that shown by ‘Gog’s crowd’ in Ezekiel’s prophecy. But their rebellious spirit will be wiped out for all eternity when they, along with Satan himself and his demons, are cast into the symbolic lake of fire. (Revelation 20:7-10; Ezekiel 39:11

Revelation speaks of one event, after a symbolic “thousand years” have ended.   Geoffrey Jackson is saying it occurs at the very end of Armageddon.  The quote above clarifies what happens to Gog and Magog:

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

They’re toast – history.  Since your leaders are now teaching that Gog and Magog are present now, and also will arrive toward the end of the Great Tribulation,  when did the thousand year reign of Christ end?  If Gog and Magog appear a thousand years after Armageddon as well, how is that possible if they are “tormented day and night forever and ever”at the end of Armageddon?  

PS 110:1,2  The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”
The Lord shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion.
Rule in the midst of Your enemies!

"Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.  "  1 Cor 15:24-26

Satan and death are destroyed at Armageddon's finish.

The “thousand years” began in the first century, and has now ended.  Since your leaders are very confused about when Gog and Magog make their appearance, saying it occurs before and after a thousand years beyond Armageddon,  then how can you trust WHO they say Gog and Magog really are?

Gog and Magog surround the “saints”, “Israel” by using deceit sourced in the devil.  Do any Watchtower videos mention this, that it is by deceit that God’s holy people are “surrounded”?  Nope.  As this video portrays and narrated by G. Jackson, Christ apparently steps in when God’s people are the only religion left and are enjoying “spiritual prosperity”.  So, when did the deceit occur?

“The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where also the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.”

The Beast and false prophet/Beast with two horns of Revelation 13:1,11 ARE Gog and Magog. 

Who would deceive God’s people if not a false prophet?  Who “conquers the saints” – yes, they are conquered – if not by what a a false prophet directs?  Rev 13:5-7,11,12

Mark 13:22 – “For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.”

• 2 years later...