Sign in to follow this  
Srecko Sostar

Geoffrey Jackson's Testimony Before the Australian Royal Commission into Child Abuse

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Srecko Sostar -
Srecko Sostar -

Top Posters

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      Run, Idiot, Run
      Br. Jackson of the governing body concluding a talk @ LA District Convention had this neat illustration at the very end of the convention. 
      He said "What if you were watching a football game on TV & it was the Trojans against the Fighting Irish...& it's been a good game...and it's coming down to the last seconds and the Trojans get the ball (then he stands like a football player) and then he starts running (and he picks up his foot like he's going to take off) and you're glued to the TV-just waiting to see what will happen...and he makes it to the 30 then the 20 then the 10 yard line and he's at the one inch line...and he ..stops!

THE GUY WITH THE BALL STOPS!!! ..and he starts looking around for the game clock..and he yells, "how much time do I have left?"

And you are staring at the TV in disbelief!!! What do you do? 
      You yell at the TV -Run, Idiot!!!, Run!!! 
        ...(Bro Jackson is yelling this from the stage) it was so hysterical- then he stops and says ...

That's where you are...This system is dying. 

We're the event that the universe is watching. 

We are at the one inch line ..and some are stopping and looking around and wondering where we are in the stream of time.

RUN!!! IDIOT!!! RUN!!! Don't look at the time...just run...run...we're almost there.
      It was a very dramatic ending.
    • By Bible Speaks
      Experiences of the life of Geoffrey Jackson, of the Governing Body.
      In 2009, brother Jackson attended the opening of a kingdom hall and there he was interviewed. A brother present at that meeting tells us some anecdote that does not appear in the publications.
      He married his first wife, Jenny, in 1974 at the age of 19 Unfortunately, his first wife, Jenny, was diagnosed with cancer in 1999
      One day, in 2005, while he was at headquarters, he was given a letter to invite him to be a member of the body body, and he responded by saying that he did not think he was ready, but two weeks later responded to him and said he had been Appointed. They told him to keep it secret for 6 weeks and specifically not to say anything to his wife. He wondered why he could not tell his wife and told him that it was his first lesson to appreciate that she was just one of's families and that she would hear the news at the same time as everyone else, what he thought was Fitting. His wife could not attend breakfast most of the time because she was subjected to chemotherapy. Jackson had to encourage her to attend the morning of the announcement and even washed the dishes so that everything was ready for breakfast.
      However, no one has passed the ad to bro. Losch, the president and not read. Then Jackson had to go through the whole process again for his wife to attend the next day. Just before it was announced, I needed to get out of the breakfast room because I had a cough.
      At the time of the interview, Jackson was in the department department, his job was to write and edit. He declares that everything that is printed should be read by the members of the ruling body 2 OR 3 TIMES AND EACH PAGE SIGNED BEFORE PRINTING. He says that much of his work is reading him. He thought he was busy in the past, but it was nothing compared to being in the governing body.
      It explains how all the members of the ruling body get along so well even though their origins are probably the most diverse for a group of men. He says they speak so freely that they all lay "eggs in the face" at one time or another because they make suggestions that are not accepted.
      One of the most exciting things Jackson feels is the way the ruling body makes decisions. He says that even if a member writes a study article and sends it to the newsroom, it's not spiritual food. There are 90 different steps that must follow, check, correct, investigate and then, when it comes out, it's spiritual food. The same is true of the ruling body meetings. He's got one thing right, many times he's too conspicuous to come out on the other side.
      Jackson says that angels run the preaching job, but that every day they come out, a Jehovah's witness doesn't necessarily see that address, but every now and then something happens and one goes, wow, there must be angels involved. He says it's the same with the ruling body meetings. Before going to a meeting, they do a lot of research, prayers and careful consideration. A lot of things are mundane and they can go one way or another, but the number of times you've seen ' something kick ' and the discussion goes differently and the decision is something they didn't totally have in mind. He often finds himself out of the room and tells the other members of the body, 'wow, what happened there'. For Him, it can only be the Holy Spirit.
      He recounts one of his favorite stories about brother Barr (already deceased) says that while he was in a food, a brother approached Barr with a camera and told him that he was studying with a 90-Year-old man named Harry and he asked Barr to give him a message. Brother Barr looks at the camera and says "Harry, you'd better hurry".
      – Contributed Translated 

• By The Librarian
      All posts tagged 'Geoffrey Jackson" 
      Brother Jackson started pioneering in February 1971 in Tasmania, the island state of Australia. In June 1974, he married Jeanette (Jenny). Shortly thereafter, they were appointed to serve as special pioneers. From 1979 to 2003, they served as missionaries in Tuvalu, Samoa, and Fiji—island nations in the South Pacific. While in the islands, Brother and Sister Jackson also contributed much to the work of translating Bible literature. Beginning in 1992, Brother Jackson served on the Branch Committee in Samoa, and from 1996, on the Branch Committee in Fiji. In April 2003, he and Jenny became part of the United States Bethel family and began to work in the Translation Services Department. Soon thereafter, Brother Jackson was made a helper to the Teaching Committee of the Governing Body. (See w06 3/15 p. 26) Tragically, Geoffrey's wife Jenny lost her battle with cancer and died 22 December 2009 at the age of 54. Geoffrey has since remarried. He is one of the youngest members of the Governing Body, born in 1955.   Recent news:
      Geoffrey Jackson testifies at the Australian Royal Commission 

Governing Body member Geoffrey Jackson Declines to Appear Before Australian Royal Commission and then is ordered to appear on Friday August 14th at 11:00am Australian time.

Milshon Masara (L) posing for a picture with guest speaker Geoffrey Jackson and his current wife, Loraini Jackson. 

Taken at the Zimbabwe 2014 International Convention - They came, saw and made Zim richer.

Geoffrey and Rae Jackson

Loraini Jackson is from Tazmania according to this talk: 
      Related Items:
      Talks by Geoffrey Jackson
      When Is Armageddon Coming? - Encouraging clip of a talk by Geoffrey Jackson of the Governing Body

Talks translated into Spanish
      Enseñe a sus hijos a amar el Reino de Dios - Teach your children to love God's Kingdom
      Geoffrey Jackson knows how to dance and party!

Books by Geoffrey Jackson available for sale on Amazon.com

International delegates running into Geoffrey and Loraini Jackson in Harare, Zimbabwe.   
    • By Witness
      The following comment has been quoted on this forum, at least partially.  Attached also is another report of Geoffrey Jackson’s statement made in France.   Here is the individual’s comment, unedited:
      “This weekend in France there was the inauguration of a new Convention Hall. Since it was some "never before seen project" (because done by 3 countries together : France, Switzerland and Italy... wow what an achievement!) they had to do something special.
      So they Had Geoffrey Jackson giving talks and those being streamed to a lot of congregations. Lots of rank file were invited to the Convention Hall, the rest got to see it over TV. The weekend meeting was cancelled and we had two days of this 2-hour retransmissions.
      So the first day I missed (YAY).
      But on todays talk, I had a lot of headshaking moments. The usual brainwashing, guiltripping, submission talk, shun shun shun, etc etc.
      But then he said something I just wanted to scream at the screen...
      So he made an illustration. He made sure that everyone got the fact that it was an illustration, not an announcement (laughter in the audience, whats funny about it?).
      Then he said (I'm quoting him best I can remember, but you'll get the idea): "Imagine if next week I go back to US and you see in the news that the whole GB was arrested for no reason. How'd you react? Well, surely you'd say to your coworkers or neighbours: "Jesus warned us. They were arrested for no reason." You would feel bad for us but be proud because you are sure it's persecution from Satan and that we're innocent.
      Now that's not really possible because in the US because you can't arrest someone with no reason like in Russia. So imagine they would make up false accusations, with false witnesses and false testimonies and all the newspaper would talk about how the GB was arrested for stealing billions of $$ to their followers. How would you react when coworker talk about it? Be ashamed? Would you believe it? Well Satan will attack us using lies. Lying about our high morality.
      Maybe they will accuse us of covering child sexual abuser. Would you believe it? Surely we know those lies come from Satan."
      “Lying about our HIGH MORALITY”…
      On the surface, the reality of Watchtower’s child abuse has come to the attention of the world through the result of media exposure and victims speaking out.  It is an atrocity, no matter where it thrives; but, if Jackson’s example is how they react to a civil crime that the organization is guilty of, can they be trusted guiding JWs in all spiritual matters?  Truthfully, it is the aura of spiritual immorality that the organization exists in.  Matt 24:11,12; 2 Tim 3:1-5  If God’s decrees, which are written on the hearts of the anointed ones were allowed to be followed, would hidden child molestation exist, and would Jackson’s deceitful plea for allegiance be necessary? Jer 31:33; Heb 10:16,17; Mal 2:7,8  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+24%3A11%2C12%3B+2+Tim+3%3A1-5%3B+Jer+31%3A33%3B+Heb+10%3A16%2C17%3B+Mal+2%3A7%2C8++&version=NASB
      Since a false priesthood stands in place of God’s chosen Temple priesthood, God’s every decree has been broken by the Watchtower. Ezek 44:6-9; Matt 24:15,16; Dan 8:11; 9:11; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Matt 22:37-39; James 2:8-10  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezek+44%3A6-9%3B+Matt+24%3A15%2C16%3B+Dan+8%3A11%3B+9%3A11%3B+2+Thess+2%3A3%2C4%3B+Matt+22%3A37-39%3B+James+2%3A8-10&version=NASB  
      “My son, pay attention to my wisdom;
      listen closely to my understanding
      2 so that you may maintain discretion
      and your lips safeguard knowledge.
      3 Though the lips of the forbidden (“estranged, immoral”) woman drip honey
      and her words are smoother than oil,
      4 in the end she’s as bitter as wormwood
      and as sharp as a double-edged sword.”  Prov 5:1-4
      God’s ordinances, are compared to honey – Ps 19:7-11;119:102-104    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ps+19%3A7-11%3B119%3A102-104+++++&version=NASB
      Oil represents Holy Spirit in the scriptures and is associated with an anointing.  Zech 4:12-14; Matt 25:1-4  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Zech+4%3A12-14%3B+Matt+25%3A1-4&version=NASB
      Proverbs is giving us a glimpse into Revelation and the Harlot/false prophet that authorizes “her” Beast/organization to come against God’s chosen ones. Rev 13:11-15,7  This combined fallen anointed “false prophet” appears to speak according to God’s decrees and as representatives of Christ.  Luke 21:8; 2 Cor 5:20; 2 Cor 11:3,4 (Ps 81:10-16; 1 Cor 10:4) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev+13%3A11-15%2C7%3BLuke+21%3A8%3B+2+Cor+5%3A20%3B+2+Cor+11%3A3%2C4%3B+Ps+81%3A10-16%3B+1+Cor+10%3A4+&version=NASB
      But “in the end she’s as bitter as wormwood”.  Heb 12:15,16; Rev 8:10,11; 10:9-11 “She” has taken on the role of Christ, as a “double-edged sword”, judging as condemned through her teachings, those anointed who dare cross her path with Truth in Christ. 1 John 3:10-12; Rev 13:11,15 (Heb 4:12; Rev 1:16; 2:12; Hos 6:5)  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb+12%3A15%2C16%3B+Rev+8%3A10%2C11%3B+10%3A9-11%3B+1+John+3%3A10-12%3B+Rev+13%3A11%2C15%3B+Heb+4%3A12%3B+Rev+1%3A16%3B+2%3A12%3B+Hos+6%3A5&version=NASB
      When God’s people abandon their covenant promise with God, forsaking His ordinances, it is a spiritual prostitution.  G. Jackson has revealed the true plan behind Satan’s scheme; that is, to “fleece” the flock and attack God’s anointed and companions with the Harlot’s lies.  Matt 7:15-20; Rev 16:13,14  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+7%3A15-20%3B+Rev+16%3A13%2C14&version=NASB    
      From Pearl Doxsey’s article “Love Your Enemies” (4womaninthewilderness)
      “Who are our enemies?
      They are those who hate us (Luke1:71; 6:27)…
      those who intimidate, oppose, mislead, and threaten us, into subjection to them (Luke 1:74; Rev.13:15,7; 2Thess.2:3-4; 1Cor.3:16;Eze.44:6-9; Matt.24:15-16)
      They oppress, restrain/"hold back", tear down, and seek to destroy our power, and our service to God (2Thess.2:6,8; Hab.1:4;Luke 19:43; 21:24,20; Rev.20:9; Matt.24:24-25; 1John2:26; 3:7; 1Tim.4:1; Rev.16:13-16; 13:11,15; 2:20; 19:20) (Dan.7:25;8:11-12; 11:36; 12:7; Rev.13:7,10). They successfully bring about the greatest tribulation ever to befall God's chosen people.
      Those who oppose, set their minds on the "earthly" things of this world (Col.3:2; James 3:15-16; 1John 2:15-16; James 4:4;Eph.2:2; 6:12; 2Cor.12:20; Rom.2:8; Mark 10:42-44; James 1:27; Matt.6:19; Luke 12:19-20; Rev.3:17-18; 1Cor.4:6-8,9-14;Mark 4:18-19). 
      A disposition of greed overwhelms them, and they lose their spiritual senses, evidenced by their vile conduct (2Pet.2:3;Phil.3:18-19; Isa.56:11; Jer.6:13; Hosea 4:8; Micah 7:3; James 3:16; Hab.2:4; Ps.49:12-14; Eph.4:19-20).
      They fight against the divine authority and power, which we fear and honor (2Cor.5:11; Luke19:27; Rev.17:14). This is because they are backed by our greatest enemy, the Devil (1Pet.5:8; Eph.2:2; Rev.13:4; Prov.15:27; Matt.4:8-9; Rev.9:1,11;Isa.33:1) (Matt.13:25,39). "
      Hosea prophesied to the adulterous Israel before its downfall.  The nation’s many crimes festered under its idolatrous worship.  Hos 4:1-3  God’s “case”, was against its priests for ignoring His ordinances. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hos+4%3A1-3&version=NASB  
      “But let no one dispute; let no one argue,
      for my case is against you priests.
      5 You will stumble by day;
      the prophet will also stumble with you by night.
      And I will destroy your mother.
      6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
      Because you have rejected knowledge,
      I will reject you from serving as my priest.
      Since you have forgotten the law of your God,
      I will also forget your sons.”
      The more they multiplied,
      the more they sinned against me.
      I will change their honor into disgrace.
      8 They feed on the sin of my people;
      they have an appetite for their iniquity.
      9 The same judgment will happen
      to both people and priests.
      I will punish them for their ways
      and repay them for their deeds." Hos 4:4-9
      Surely, JWs, it must be logically clear to you that if the Watchtower was following God’s decrees, no victim of unfair, unrighteous treatment would exist in the organization.  Yet, they have and do exist, since its leaders have left their covenant with God and have forsaken their spiritual “virginity” in Truth.  They have adopted as their new “mother” covenant promise, “Babylon the Great”.  Isa 28:15; Rev 17:1-6  As Pearl brought out above, this has caused loss of all spiritual sense; and like Israel of old, spiritual “Israel” is now steeped in idolatry and sin, as they determinedly carry on upholding their “golden calf” – the abhorrent idolatrous “chariot” called “Jehovah’s organization”.  Exod 32:3,4,7,8,23,24 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isa+28%3A15%3B+Rev+17%3A1-6%3B++Exod+32%3A3%2C4%2C7%2C8%2C23%2C24&version=NASB  
      As long as JWs cling to the organization, no matter what their opinion is of its leaders, they also commit spiritual idolatry.  Please, think deeply on this, JWs!
      “The integrity of the upright will guide them,
      But the crookedness of the treacherous will destroy them.”  Prov 11:3
      Put the horn to your mouth!
      One like an eagle comes
      against the house of the Lord,
      because they transgress my covenant
      and rebel against my law.
      2 Israel cries out to me,
      “My God, we know you!”
      3 Israel has rejected what is good;
      an enemy will pursue him.
      4 They have installed kings,
      but not through me.
      They have appointed leaders,
      but without my approval.
      They make their silver and gold
      into idols for themselves
      for their own destruction.
      5 Your calf-idol is rejected, Samaria.
      My anger burns against them.
      How long will they be incapable of innocence?
      6 For this thing is from Israel—
      a craftsman made it, and it is not God.
      The calf of Samaria will be smashed to bits!
      7 Indeed, they sow the wind
      and reap the whirlwind.
      There is no standing grain;
      what sprouts fails to yield flour.
      Even if they did,
      foreigners would swallow it up.
      8 Israel is swallowed up!
      Now they are among the nations
      like discarded pottery.
      9 For they have gone up to Assyria
      like a wild donkey going off on its own.
      Ephraim has paid for love.
      10 Even though they hire lovers among the nations,
      I will now round them up,
      and they will begin to decrease in number
      under the burden of the king and leaders.
      11 When Ephraim multiplied his altars for sin,
      they became his altars for sinning.
      12 Though I were to write out for him
      ten thousand points of my instruction,
      they would beregarded as something strange.
      13 Though they offer sacrificial gifts
      and eat the flesh,
      the Lord does not accept them.
      Now he will remember their guilt
      and punish their sins;
      they will return to Egypt.
      14 Israel has forgotten his Maker and built palaces;
      Judah has also multiplied fortified cities.
      I will send fire on their cities,
      and it will consume their citadels.”  Hosea chapter 8
      “Is not my WORD like fire”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“and like a hammer that pulverizes rock?”  Jer 23:29

• By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      TIRED OF BEING MANIPULATED BY FAKE NEWS?
      VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION ... GET EDUCATED ABOUT WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON AROUND YOU!
      Royal Commission Case Study 54: What to expect - by an anonymous reporter who DOES homework !

With Case Study 54 only a few days away, THIS FRIDAY (AUSTRALIAN TIME) MARCH 10, 2017 (You do the math for local time...) a lot of discussion has been circulating as to exactly what we can expect when Watchtower appears once again before the Australian Royal Commission.
      I’ve decided to chip in a few observations here to help set expectations and to contribute to the discussions as best I’m able. So without further ado, let’s quickly run through what we know:

What exactly will be discussed?   According to the Commission website, the scope of the study is as follows
      1.      The current policies and procedures of Jehovah’s Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd in relation to child protection and child-safe standards, including responding to allegations of child sexual abuse.
      2.      Factors that may have contributed to the occurrence of child sexual abuse at Jehovah’s Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd institutions.
      3.      Factors that may have affected the institutional response of Jehovah’s Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to child sexual abuse.
      4.      The responses of Jehovah’s Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to relevant case study report(s) and other Royal Commission reports.
      5.      Any related matters.
      The purpose of this public hearing is not to inquire into individual sets of facts or particular events as has occurred in previous Royal Commission case studies.
      Why does the Case Study 54 hearing appear to be only one day long?   This may appear at first glance to be a surprise. How can a single day of testimony possibly be enough to cover the vast and complex issue of Watchtower’s child abuse scandal?

Well, remember that Case Study 54 isn’t a fact finding mission. That was Case Study 29. The Commission spent days digging and interviewing, and ultimately issued a detailed report on every aspect of Watchtower’s failure. As far as the Commission is concerned, the facts are in. There is no further debate. Case Study 54 is tasked purely with a quick review of those facts and then with publicly asking Watchtower what is has done to address the damning failures identified in Case Study 29.
      Remember what Justice McClellan said to Watchtower’s legal team? That they were going to come back to Watchtower and publicly ask them what had been done to address the issues?
      That’s what this is.

So what has Watchtower done in the 21 months since Case Study 29?   As far as I am aware, the only potential effort from  Watchtower to address any of the concerns raised in the Royal Commission has been to no longer require an abuse survivor to confront their attacker. However, it was not clear from testimony if this practice had actually been halted before the Commission sat. Watchtower seemed to insist in testimony that it was, but their documentation did not reflect this.
      Thus one cannot say with certainty that even this potential change has come as a result of the Commission report.

So Watchtower is going to stand before the Commission, after 21 months, and basically say they’ve done nothing at all?   I have no idea.

I mean, that would be the honest thing to do, but remember how slippery and devious Watchtower was in Case Study 29, with senior Watchtower officials like Rodney Spinks, Terrence O’Brain and Governing Body Member Geoffrey Jackson attempted to mislead and outright lie to the Commission on multiple occasions. As far as I can see, Watchtower has three options

Admit they’ve done nothing and that they don’t intend to for religious reasons, and turn the whole thing into an issue of religious freedom.   Try to stall and muddy the waters by saying they’ve not had enough time, that they have no authority to make the changes required without Brooklyn agreement, knowing full well that Brooklyn is beyond the reach of the Commission. The idea here would be to stall until the day is over, then slink away and wait, knowing no further testimony is required.   Dive full into another round of misleading doublespeak and outright lies to try and pull the wool over the Commission’s eyes. Which one will they pick? Again I have no idea. Judging from Watchtower’s jaw-dropping legal incompetence in Case Study 29 and in the recent Fessler case, it’s very hard to predict their strategy. It seems to have no rhyme or reason, but keep in mind three things.

The men in charge of Watchtower are firstly very deluded. They genuinely think they are defending God’s organization against Satanic and apostate attack, and feel that compromise will be a victory for Satan.   The men in charge of Watchtower are very out of touch with real life, spending all their days in a world where you don’t question Watchtower or those who run it, and now they’ve risen to the top. Their word is law. Odds are that no-one has told Anthony Morris III that his ideas are stupid for a very long time. They have no idea how to handle the kind of environment the Royal Commission brings to the table. Geoffrey Jackson’s excruciating performance, where the Commission made mincemeat of his arguments, was proof of that.   The men in charge of Watchtower are caught between being honest with a Commission that has all of their dirty little secrets on the one hand, and playing to the growing audience of JW’s who they know WILL find out about March 10th one way or the other. They have to both be as compliant as possible to the Commission whilst also appearing to be steadfast and unmovable to the Witnesses who will end up seeing the testimony on YouTube.   So delusion, seclusion, and public relations are all going to crash into once horrible mess as they did in Case Study 29 and as a result I have no idea what Watchtower will do on Friday.

We  hope to preserve the live steam video for future reference as the Commission does not archive or make this video available once the live stream is over. However, technical gremlins are always a factor so if you have the ability to record the live stream, it would be a great idea to do so as well. The more people do this, the less chance of this footage being lost forever.

Lastly we will of course be following up with articles on the day, giving you a more detailed analysis of what has transpired.
      Get your popcorn (and your coffee if you’re staying up late) and lets all observe the car crash together!
      And one last thing: if it is safe for you to do so, please tell as many Jehovah’s Witnesses as you can about the events on March 10th. Their children are at risk and they don’t even know it. They may choose not to look up the Case Study, but simply being aware that it exists is the first step in raising awareness that the Governing Body is not being honest with them about the international scandal of child abuse inside the Watchtower organization.
      (edited for political correctness and other stuff ...) JTR

• By Jack Ryan
      Found this little gem in the current study watchtowers 'question from readers.' I was recently watching the ARC and thought Geoffrey Jackson said it would be presumptuous for the GB to assume they were God's only channel for dispensing spiritual food. Whoops!

• By Jack Ryan
      The Royal Commission in Australia brought forth the fact that JW Elders never called the police on pedophiles in over 55 years. Not even in instances where the abuser were the parents or immediate family members.
    • By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      (New news ....)  A MONTANA Judge Orders Jehovah’s Witnesses to Turn Over Internal Documents Related to Childhood Sexual Abuse
      April 12, 2018

On April 5, 2018, Judge James Manley of Sanders County, Montana ordered the Jehovah’s Witnesses religious organization to produce documents and testimony related to internal reports and investigations into the childhood sexual abuse of NPR’s two clients.

In this case, the two Plaintiffs were sexually abused as children by a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Elders in the local Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Thompson Falls, Montana were aware of the abuse and failed to report it to the police, choosing instead to handle the reports and investigations internally pursuant to Jehovah’s Witness guidelines. Their decision not to report the abuse to authorities allowed the perpetrator to remain in the congregation and continue to abuse one of the Plaintiffs.

Throughout this case, and similar childhood sexual abuse cases across the country, the Jehovah’s Witnesses have refused to produce documents related to their internal handling of reports of sexual abuse and related investigations and disciplinary actions claiming that the information is protected by the clergy-penitent privilege and the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Through briefing to the court, NPR convinced the Judge that Defendants’ privilege claims were unsupported and improper under the law. The Court agreed that Defendants could not blanket everything related to their investigations in secrecy and that they must turn it over to the Plaintiffs. Often, this is the very evidence that can win or lose a case like this against a religious institution.

The case of Nunez, et al. v. Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, et al.  is set to go to trial in September of 2018.
      The plaintiffs in this case are represented by NPR partner D. Neil Smith and associate Ross E. Leonoudakis.

----------------------------------------------------------
      A Jury of 12 held in public view ... or a tribunal of three held in complete secrecy.
      Which would YOU choose,  to get Justice?

• By Jack Ryan
      Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. Watchtower leadership in Australia testify
    • By Jack Ryan
      All Exhibits for Case Study 54, Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower, have been released by the ARC.
      http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/exhibits/10908a67-70c5-4103-94cc-dac096fdb585/case-study-54,-march-2017,-sydney
      EXHIBIT LIST
      Joint Statement of O'Brien and Spinks Child Protection Guidelines for Branch Office Service Desk Child Safeguarding Policy of Jehovah's Witnesses in Australia (draft version as presented to ARC) Legal Guidelines on Reporting Obligations (State-by-State) Correspondence between Watchtower and Governing Body Summons to Produce Watchtower body of elders letter Watchtower response to ARC plus more.
      From page 3:
      Child pornography: Showing pornography to a minor is considered to be child sexual abuse. Although viewing child pornography is not considered to be child sexual abuse, it is still a serious violation of Jehovah’s standards. A person in-volved in viewing child pornography should be strongly counseled. Depending on the frequency and the extent of his viewing, he could be subject to congregation judicial action. In such cases, the Service Department may decide that branch-imposed restrictions are warranted.—See the April 10, 2012, letter to all bodies of elders
      I will allude to the April 10th 2012 letter to elders that made a distinction between regular porn and "abhorrent" pornography:
      He may continue to serve if his involvement consisted of (1) a few brief viewings, (2) he displays a heartfelt desire to desist from looking at pornography in any form, (3) the elders are convinced that he will refrain from viewing pornography, (4) he continues to retain the respect of others who are aware of what he did, and (5) his conscience allows him to do so.
      An entrenched practice of viewing, perhaps over a considerable period of time, abhorrent forms of pornography that is sexually degrading. Such pornography may include homosexuality (sex between those of the same gender), group sex, bestiality, sadistic torture, bondage, gang rape, the brutalizing of women, or child pornography. Brazen conduct would be involved if the offender was promoting such material, such as by inviting others to view it, thus giving evidence of a brazen attitude. — w12 3/15 pp. 30-31; w06 7/15 p. 31.
      Thererefore, viewing pornography escalates to gross uncleanness if the type of pornography viewed was abhorrent or sexually degrading in nature, as described in the second example above. An additional factor to be considered would be if it were a practice for "many years." As a general principle, when these elements are present, a judicial committee would need to handle the matter. At Ephesians 4:19 Paul stated: "Having come to be past all moral sense, they gave themselves over to loose conduct to work uncleanness of every sort with greediness." (Gal. 5: 19; w83 3/15 p. 31 par. 3) When an individual has 'given himself over' to this unclean practice as evidenced by his repeatedly viewing abhorrent pornography, the matter has escalated to gross uncleanness and needs to be handled judicially. — w06 711 5 pp. 29-3 1.
    • By Kurt
      Jehovah's Witnesses to face abuse inquiry

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    AliciaBarbosa
    Newest Member
    AliciaBarbosa

• Topics

• Wouldn't a core doctrine be one in which we put "unwavering" faith. This is the whole reason I mention "core" or "key" doctrines. If we were to be killed unless we publicly renounced our faith in Jehovah God as the Creator, and Jesus Christ as the one through whom the Ransom comes, we should be willing to die for that doctrine. I would not be willing to die over my certainty that Jesus was only using hyperbole when he said that the men of Sodom would do better in a resurrection of the unrighteous on Judgment Day, than persons in towns that rejected Jesus during his earthly ministry. (Only the most diabolical of inquisitors would ask such a question anyway. I think I would go for "theocratic war strategy. 😉 )
    • I like that. It's an excellent explanation of one of the points made in the day's text and commentary. Perhaps. And so were all the 1 year old babies destroyed in the Flood. And so were the 185,000 of Senacherib's troops. I used that one because it's one for which most of us would be the least surprised if we discovered that the WT changed the teaching again.  Not sure what you mean. I already believe that the primary core doctrine is God's value through his Son's ransom sacrifice. Other doctrines are also just as necessary, though.  There actually is a contradiction between the Bible and AD 1914. And we don't need any independent understanding not supported by Scripture, such as the independent understanding of John Aquila Brown, or more specifically, that of Nelson H Barbour, neither of which were supported by Scripture. It should ALWAYS be the exploit of any faithful Witness to uncover truth and try to resolve any contradictions that can be resolved by Scripture itself, not anything independent of Scriptural support.  On the matter of the 1914 doctrine, an easier explanation with human controversy --but no scriptural controversy-- has already been posted. Easier isn't proof that it's better, but it's definitely easier. Here it is: Jesus came to earth to preach about a God's Kingdom through Christ and give himself over to death as a perfect ransom for sin, to fulfill the Law, and SIT AT GOD'S RIGHT HAND and therefore RULES AS KING since the time of his resurrection in 33 CE. That's it. Simple. No contradictions with any Scripture. From that point on, in 33 CE he SITS AT GOD'S RIGHT HAND and therefore RULES AS KING ruling in the midst of enemies, including war, famine, sickness, and will continue ruling as king until God has put all enemies under his feet, including the last enemy: death.  The current belief in 1914 creates a contradiction with this very point, because we are currently forced to ignore 1 Cor 15:25, which indicates that "sitting at God's right hand" is the same as "ruling as King." Right now, our current teaching is that Jesus sat at God's right hand in 33, and THEN LATER began ruling as king in 1914. Paul says that Jesus began ruling as king WHEN he sat at God's right hand. I'm swapping them because they mean exactly the same thing to me. No difference. Doctrine means teaching. True but notice the words that Paul used instead of "sit at my right hand" here: (1 Corinthians 15:25) 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. Turns out that when a king sits on a throne, this is actually an expression meaning rule as king. Just like when we say that a man "sat on the throne" starting in AD 1066, for example. Turns out that a king does not have to stand up from a throne to begin ruling as king. Turns out that sitting on a throne is not a synonym for just waiting around. By that logic, Jesus is not even NOW ruling as king, because God has not yet put the last enemy Death beneath his feet. (1 Corinthians 15:25,26) 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.
    • If only you would stop quoting outside sources, and just be more basic with your comments, then i may understand them . Yes I understand 'if your throw out all the good, only the bad is left.  But the reverse is, if you only see the good, you are not being honest with yourself or others.  @Arauna is a case in point.  
    • @JW Insider Quote " The day's text is about the resurrection, and the commentary speaks of the importance of including this among our key doctrines, as if it might not have been "up there" with the rest. " That seems rather strange to me. But then they are getting short of things to say.  However, i would have thought every Christian, no matter what ever 'sect' or  pigeon hole you put them in, would definitely believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and put it up near the top of important beliefs.  However making Bible Facts, doctrines, seems unfair to God and to the Bible itself.  doctrine a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a Church, political party, or other group.   It's as if the JW Org tries to 'own' such things. @TrueTomHarley quite often goes on about the things that the JW Org teaches. As if those things 'belonged to the JW Org'.  Whereas a lot of the same beliefs are held by thousands of people, and they not all being of the same organisation.     Quote " The Teaching about Christ's Kingdom -  Of course that final one might be a nod to "1914" as a key teaching, but it is worded here in such a way that no one could dismiss Christ's Kingdom as a key teaching. "   Now here we see a difference between Bible truth and JW doctrine.    Christ's Kingdom is Bible truth.   1914 is JW Org doctrine.   (This would bring us back to. Would a person be d/fed or 'watched' if they did not believe the 1914 doctrine?)    Matthew 22 v 44    ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’? So if Jesus was to sit at Gods right hand, until God had put Jesus' enemies beneath Jesus' feet.  Then Jesus could not have had the power to do it himself. Therefore surely Jesus was not ruling as King immediately ?    As for 1914, we know that no one of the Bible Students or JW leaders, were or are inspired of Holy Spirit. So maybe 1914 is just another guess or misuse of scriptures.    What is your view of the difference between 'Core doctrines' and Key teachings ?    And you seem to keep swapping expressions from Core doctrines, to Core teachings, to Key teachings.  Can you explain the difference please ?    
    • I confess that I am falling well short of the 100 times a day that I ought. I ask your forgiveness. Human limitations is the only excuse I have to offer. If you negate the upside, then all there is left to look at is the downside, and that is the case with many here.  I keep coming back to a line from The Scarlet Letter: “It is remarkable, that persons who speculate the most boldly often conform with the most perfect quietude to the external regulations of society.” Nobody speculates more boldly, departing from the herd-like thinking of this world, than Jehovah’s Witnesses. True to that Hawthorn line, they have no difficulty conforming to the “external regulations of their society.” Though Hawthorn does not say it, the reverse is also true. Those who cannot “conform to the external regulations of that society” and so leave it, perhaps guys like Shiwiiiii, are the most non-bold thinkers of all. They are individualistic in superfluous ways, but conformist in all the ways that matter.
    • Perhaps you are reading something into the book of Jude that I haven't been able to see. To me, the reason for the letter was this: Jude 4 I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. This was similar to the problem in Corinth, where certain brothers were PROUD that they could put up with a notorious case of incest, due to a misunderstanding and misuse of "undeserved kindness." (1 Corinthians 5:1, 2) . . .Actually sexual immorality is reported among you, and such immorality as is not even found among the nations—of a man living with his father’s wife. 2 And are you proud of it? Should you not rather mourn, so that the man who committed this deed should be taken away from your midst? Such persons who used the idea of forgiveness, mercy, and undeserved kindness (grace), as an excuse for loose/brazen conduct were not blowing the whistle on wrongdoing, but were PROMOTING wrongdoing. It was the same as dismissing and speaking abusively against things that Jesus himself had said to "prove false to our only owner and Lord, Jesus Christ." Michael wouldn't even speak abusively of the Devil and yet these people are going to go further than that and think it's OK to speak abusively of Jesus and the angels? It's also possible that the leaders (elders) are considered the "glorious ones" but this makes less sense to me. Perhaps a topic for further discussion?
  • Popular Now