Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TrueTomHarley -
Space Merchant -

Top Posters

6 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

From my point of view or the governments. I don't appeal to any other than those that categories legal matters as if they fully understand. So far, I see many that can have something to gain by not being insubordinate?

Therefore, understand where I'm coming from before you have a mistaken assumption. 😉

You want everyone to kiss arse then 

53 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

You want everyone to kiss arse then 

Please. Watch the Language, Butler. A man who seeks God knoweth well to not defile his mouth...

• Ecclesiastes 10:12 - The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious, but the lips of a fool consume him.
  • Colossians 3:8 - But now you must put aside all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your mouth.
  • Colossians 4:6 - Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
  • Ephesians 5:4 - Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk, or crude joking, which are out of character, but rather thanksgiving.
  • Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
  • Matthew 15:11 - it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”
  • James 3:10 - From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so.

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

To me, that is like a soldier whose job it is to live or die ... but do his job, refusing to go into battle because he might be damaged.

Believe or not, not every solider likes going to war, some even cry over it. I know some of them, one notable one, Steven Gern. That being said, Wars start over silly things, and when someone wants to take something from someone else.

Also the governments cannot be trusted, show respect, but do not be invited to their dinner table.

10 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

But when the size of the Child Abuse problem became known to me, then I decided that this cannot be God's true organisation.

So it's the size? Unfortunately this is to be expected with the kind of morality promoted by this world ruled by Satan. Disgusting things are going on and what's more disgusting is that people professing to serve Jehovah do some of these disgusting things. So let's put the blame where it belongs, on the abuser, not on those who are having to deal with it. The perpetrators are the ones who damage people's lives, the victims are the ones who have to live with it, the families are the ones who are broken apart because of it. I did not say most elders are corrupt. Most elders are good men. But it only takes a few bad apples to do an awful lot of damage.

10 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

THe GB / Org has allowed a situation whereby not all Elders in a congregation are made aware of situations, such as the situation I have mentioned.

Can you explain what you mean please, not sure I understand

@Anna Quote "So it's the size?"   

Each case of child abuse is bad enough and I feel for the victims and their families. However one or two cases by ordinary congregation members could be understandable.   But the size of the problem in the Org, along with other things that i had left in God's hands, in other words other things that were /are wrong in the Org, just proved to me that JW Org is not what it is supposed to be. 

As for your comment " Unfortunately this is to be expected with the kind of morality promoted by this world ruled by Satan. "

No it should not be expected. Everyone in the Org should be 'no part of the world'.  And if the JW Org was God's chosen organisation and if the Elders were chosen with God's Holy Spirit, the Elders would be God fearing men that serve God not served their own flesh. 

And " those who are having to deal with it." are often those that are causing it, the Elders. 

Quote "Can you explain what you mean please, not sure I understand "

When I wrote a letter to the Body of Elders, i meant it to be read by the Body of Elders, not just one or two Elders.. And when i was summoned to appear before the Elders, I expected to appear before the complete Body of Elders. If that had happened then the complete Body of Elders would have been aware of the situation. And I do not think that the one Elder would have threatened to disfellowship me.  The case would have or should have been dealt with properly / fairly. The information would not have been hidden and the Elder that i accused would have had to answer for his sins.... However when I spoke to a different Elder, on an occasion when he came to visit me, he said he didn't know anything about my letter or about the situation.  So was God in control of that situation, NO, Men were in control of that situation. Why ? Because the GB or someone in authority has allowed situations to arise that way. If the rule was that the whole Body of Elders had to be present in serious cases, then my case would have been heard properly and justice would have been done. 

Hence when i 'resigned' from the Org, i sent text messages to as many Elders as i possibly could. That way most of them knew the situation and the reason for it.... 

When the GB / Org says go and tell an Elder, my advice would be Tell every Elder in the congregation, not just one or two. That way the whole Body of Elders would know every serious situation within their congregation. 

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

As for your comment " Unfortunately this is to be expected with the kind of morality promoted by this world ruled by Satan. "

No it should not be expected. Everyone in the Org should be 'no part of the world'. 

I should have said it should not surprise us. You don't have to be in the world to be affected by it, otherwise you would have to be taken out of the world. No one is immune to Satan's propaganda. I am sure you are aware that not everyone in the org is who they claim to be. Just because someone is called an elder or claims to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't make them so. Those are Jehovah's Witnesses and elders in name only. But they are not the majority. 

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

When I wrote a letter to the Body of Elders, i meant it to be read by the Body of Elders, not just one or two Elders.. And when i was summoned to appear before the Elders, I expected to appear before the complete Body of Elders........ So was God in control of that situation, NO, Men were in control of that situation. Why ? Because the GB or someone in authority has allowed situations to arise that way. If the rule was that the whole Body of Elders had to be present in serious cases, then my case would have been heard properly and justice would have been done.

It is the body of elders who assign two elders to look into a particular case. So unless the two elders acted on their own, the body of elders would have been familiar with your letter. You cannot get disfellowshipped unless a judicial committee is formed. The congregation would not consider forming a judicial committee unless the offended Christian (you) had taken steps one and two of Matthew 18:15, 16 and had initiated step three in Matthew 18:17. If asked, elders could participate in step two, but they do not represent the body of elders. If the matter proceeds to step three, any elders who were witnesses in step two could serve only as witnesses in step three. They would not be used to serve on the judicial committee. I trust you were not in a judicial committee. There is nothing stopping anyone from asking to speak to any and all elders if they wished, especially when you believed the elders assigned to look into your accusation might have been biased. That is if they were assigned. Did you follow the steps in Matthew? Because that is how God controls the situation.

Keep playing that same old record to yourself Kid, you might convince yourself one day. 

Who was the member of the GB that said 'It's all Apostate lies' 

Well Kid you are doing just the same. You are just a puppet to the GB and it's Org. But if that keeps you happy so be it. 

Why compare what happens in the world. The JW Org is supposed to be no part of that world. 

You and others miss the whole point of it. You pretend the JW Org is better, but truth is the JW Org is no better. 

29 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

There is no reason to compare the Watchtower with the world. There is, however, a reason to compare the hypocrisy of opposers and ex-witnesses that have a double standard to distort the facts about the watchtower and the world. Criticize the Watchtower, stay silent with the world.

Therefore, it’s opposers that are missing the point. They can’t see beyond their personal hatred and vendetta.

Kid, most sensible people know what people in the world are like. Sensible people do not trust politicians for instance.

But, some sensible people do not know how bad the JW Org is, because as Jesus put it, they wash the outside of the bowl or dish but not the inside. Hence with all the secrecy in the past, the JW Org looked clean to outsiders. That is why ex-JW's like myself make it known how bad the JW Org is on the inside. 

Until 2017 I knew nothing about the Pedophilia problem within the JW org. Many JW's still don't know anything about it. But it has been a serious problem for over twenty years, and the GB / Org kept it hidden. 

It's not about hatred, well not from my side of the fence anyway, you quite often seem to show aggression. It's about warning others and trying to get justice for Victims. Victims that you seem to be calling liars. 

As for the UK government, it has been made known publicly about child abuse and Pedophile rings within the UK government. Even to the point of saying that it is believed children have been murdered. 

However my concern is about Christianity. That is, serving God through Jesus Christ. As an individual i cannot do much to help victims of abuse but i can give warnings about the things i know. As for how to serve God properly, I'm lost on that right now, but it would be stupid of me to go back into the mire just because i don't yet have a different direction. 

As for your idea of hypocrisy and double standards. It's like this for me, I know nothing about the UK government, only what I read online etc. Whereas I've had many years first hand experience of the JW Org, so i can speak from my own experiences. Although I've only known about the Child Abuse situation since 2017, i can compare it to the way I've seen other matters handled in various congregations. I know you don't believe anything i say, but that is your choice, if you wish to remain blind. However I know that i speak truth and other people have the choice to believe me or not. 

It would be more stupid of me to comment about the UK government of which I have no first hand experience. 

5 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

In general, yes all apostates are damaged goods. But that doesn’t mean they don’t have sympathetic believers from within.

This. This is one of the things I have seen time and time again. There are those of the former faith that will speak up against disgruntled ones who have gone off unhinged in action, and their conquest to be aggressive increasingly i.e. anywhere there is a person of that faith community they purposely go after them relentlessly, even if said person is doing personal things. It tends to go off the rails even further when former ones actually side with their former faith to speak against apostasy, and in doing so, these persons are shamed and or hunted down in the social space, even in public.

Apparently, they care not for who you are or your background because of whom you follow and or what you represent, they feel that attacking is an obligation, they seek to provoke and when or should the provoked do something, the provoker will use that as means to take action and so forth, which is also another problem.

5 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

New International Frontiers in Child Sexual Abuse 2019

Sexual Abuse by Adolescent Peers

In the UK, a report by the House of Commons Women and Equalities Select Committee (WESC) found endemic sexual violence against girls in schools. The WESC Report reinforced earlier research by the BBC in 2015, which found that in a 3-year period to July 2015, there were 5500 sexual offences on school grounds reported to police, including 600 rapes. The government’s failure to respond a year after receiving the WESC report led to calls for the Secretary of the Department for Education to be charged with breach of statutory duty under the Equality Act s. 149, which requires her to have due regard for the need to eliminate discrimination against girls in school and to advance equality of opportunity. These reported offences of course represent a mere fraction of the true incidence: a 2010 YouGov poll of 16- to 18-year-olds found that one third of all girls experienced unwanted sexual touching at school (Okolosie 2016; Weale 2017).

This is another example of, governmental hypocrisy of once again, pressuring social justice unto religions while not holding their own accountable until they are exposed like in the UK. The same hypocrisy from Canada and Australia. All awhile opposers and ex-witnesses remain silent.

Do what we tell you, but don’t do what we do. Matthew 23:3

Therefore the only puppets are those that play into the devil hands.

Indeed. The UK also has grooming gangs whereas some know of it's existence, but does not speak of it nor care of it. For me, I to not agree with a lot of what Tommy Robinson has said and or stand for, however, he made this known and the UK government arrested him for it some months back.

It would seem that child pedophilia, when it comes to disgruntled ones, they, the way I see it sometimes, using it as a front to go after those that do not like. The focus should be on abuse taking place everywhere, but not a sole group alone. Another problem is that such sparks vigilantism whereas at some cases, the one who seeks the abuser, or the abuser, or victim succumb to further harm and or problems.

That being said, it is a mixed bag altogether, reasons why many tend to educate, for it is a great tool and or, in this sense, weapon, to use in this mater, be it to prevent a form of abuse and or to deal with a situation if someone is abused, so one wouldn't be left in the dark on what actions to take.

But alas, it is a very very cruel world out there, I would say you think wildfire that is pedophilia, let the people bear witness of what is coming very soon in regards to a specific community.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Marek Markus
    Newest Member
    Marek Markus

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.