Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TrueTomHarley -
Space Merchant -

Top Posters

To be sure, Richard Dawkins was speaking of non-penetrative abuse, but he has written in his book The God Delusion that he thinks the whole impact of CSA is vastly overstated. It happened to him and he got over it.

Did he get over it though ? Does anyone get over it ? 

In my opinion, everything that happens in our lives shapes who we are. So even if we can 'handle a situation' it does not mean that the situation has not shaped our lives a little bit. 

Once again if a person writes a book to earn themselves money, why should I trust their opinion ? 

Ecclesiastes 12 v 12

As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.

55 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

“As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.”

This is true for every book, with the exception of my own, where each new word is a refreshing delight.

12 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

This is true for every book, with the exception of my own, where each new word is a refreshing delight.

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ This time next year you'll be a millionaire :)  

On 2/23/2019 at 11:35 PM, BillyTheKid46 said:

Why did the ARC fail to submit these findings into their legal brief? Why do ex-JW’s refuse to see what’s before them? Why do witnesses continue to insinuate, when they don’t have the full facts?

I do not know if the ARC did or didn't submit these findings to their legal brief. What I do know is that those letters had a very limited audience. Regular publishers had no idea about these letters, they had no idea how elders were supposed to handle these situations. They were completely in the dark. As a consequence, regular publishers were at the "mercy" of the Elders. The ARC changed that. Now everyone knows the procedure and can be on the same page. It's a pity this transparency didn't happen sooner.

Lies and cover-ups ALWAYS lead to MORE lies and MORE coverups ... and there are no exceptions.

We should be proud of EVERYTHING we do, and where we screw up ... fess up, take a beating, and keep on keeping on.

That's how it works with men of integrity, which in the GB, seems to be in short supply....

...if it involves money.

On 2/25/2019 at 9:51 AM, JW Insider said:

There are cases against the Watchtower that really have absolutely nothing to do with the Watchtower, and should focus just on getting justice for the victim from the abuser. And there may be cases where congregation elders have made a mistake that has nothing to do with their training as elders and they should have known better. Some of these cases should have nothing to do with the Watchtower Society or the organization.

Yes, I agree,  that's how it should be, but as you mentioned, Lawyers want to go where the money is, and abusers probably don't have the kind of money they want. JW child abuse cases are attractive to them because of jw.org. Also, I didn't realise but many lawyers go hunting for cases. For instance someone I know is being sued by a credit card company and as soon as the lawsuit was filed with the court she has been receiving numerous letters from different lawyers who want to represent her. Apparently they go down to the courthouse to find cases. Similarly, child abuse lawyers go hunting for survivors so they can represent them in court. This was one reason I believe Zalkin wanted the names of all the alleged abusers held by the org. so he could sift through them and find anything that he could use for himself. And once they find a "suitable" survivor, they no doubt persuade her/him to the effect that they shouldn't feel bad about suing, since they will be suing the organization, and the organization has plenty of money. Then they (the lawyers) go about finding ways to incriminate the org. It's all about making money, but often the survivor comes off worse, especially when there is a settlement. I believe the lawyers take the biggest lump, and since with a settlement there is also a gag order, the survivor can't even complain about how little they got. It's all a big scam and all about lining the lawyers pockets. There is no justice really. The only justice will be with Jehovah. So when someone says "wait on Jehovah" when it is apparent that nothing that can be done for the moment, then that makes perfect sense. Of course it goes without saying that that should never be used as an excuse not to do anything.

The site crashed when I had a rant going , and it was lost.

Probably a good idea .... it was a doozie!

Synopsis:

We have NO RIGHTEOUS RIGHT to ask anyone to keep the quest for Justice secret.

It subverts Justice, and dishoners Jehovah God.

I have no sympathy for plaintiffs who agree to,  or defendants who pay for secrecy in the quest for Justice.

.... only contempt.

@Anna  I'm laughing Anna. You really do seem to sit on both sides of the fence, or maybe you are the sensible one looking at things from both sides. 

However your last comment is very judgemental of lawyers with no proof to back up what you say. 

Yes I suppose it is good money making for them, but then the Victims need a good lawyer if they are going to achieve anything. I would think the JW Org has good lawyers, so good they are prepared to tell lies in court it seems. Or at least bend the truth to suit themselves. As for the victims getting less than the lawyer, very doubtful as surely the lawyer can only take a smaller percentage. Any sensible person would want in writing exactly how much they would receive before settling out of court.... The Victims are not stupid people, they are just people that made the mistake of trusting some JW's at the time.

As for, 'abusers don't have that kind of money'. In my opinion abusers should be 'wiped out' financially. Obviously it would have to be proved without any doubt that they were guilty, but then take all they have and leave them penniless. A totally non Christian viewpoint i know but ................  I don't think Jesus meant forgiving Pedophiles 77 times. 

JTR Jr who would take part is a duel between the pedophile and the victim. The Victim has already suffered enough.  Why not just hang the pedophile :) . Joking of course. 

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

JTR Jr who would take part is a duel between the pedophile and the victim. The Victim has already suffered enough.  Why not just hang the pedophile :) . Joking of course. 

You missed what I was trying to say completely, John, so it was a good thing you were joking.

Comedy is sometimes best left to professionals .

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CrownRoyalAD
    Newest Member
    CrownRoyalAD

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.