The World News Media

THE GOOD NEWS, ACCOMPLISHED BY JWS?

Witness

“And this good news of this and that will be preached in all the inhabited earth as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come.”  Matt 24:14

I wrote this with @TrueTomHarley in mind, who quoted (well, sort of) the above scripture here:

But, I do hope all JWs here will consider this comment.  

Tom, I know I’m the last person you want to hear from, but I just want to share some thoughts about this scripture, since I can’t think of how many hundreds of times I would mentally quote it, not only as a JW, but now – more than ever. 

The “good news” preached by JWs in these last days is based on a date; 1914.  JWs proclaim Christ began his reign as King in 1914.  There’s a few things wrong with this (actually, more than a few things)  Jesus was already preaching the “good news” while on earth.

And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
    and recovering of sight to the blind,
    to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”

20 And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”  Luke 4:17-21

“Soon afterward he went on through cities and villages, proclaiming and bringing the good news of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with him”  Luke 8:1

And when it was day, he departed and went into a desolate place. And the people sought him and came to him, and would have kept him from leaving them, 43 but he said to them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose.”

If you lived in that day, wouldn’t you believe that the promised Kingdom had come upon those who were poor and oppressed, captive to the burden of unrighteous rules and regulation of the Pharisees? Matt 11:28   The words of Isaiah were fulfilled by Christ’s validation.

The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.  Luke 16:16

And remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages. Do not go from house to house.Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you. Heal the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ Luke 10:7-9

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.  Luke 17:20-21

The Kingdom has always been present in the hearts of the faithful anointed ones since Christ came to earth. John 14:23; 1 Cor 3:16,17; 2 Cor 6:16   Each anointed one is to carry the message of Christ's truth once Jesus ascended into heaven, where he has ruled as King since he has preached the “good news”.  Ps 110:1,2; Matt 28:18;Luke 12:49-53; 1 Cor 15:23-26   (please read)  They brought the Kingdom “good news” to all who accepted it, the promised gift of life in Christ.  John 13:20; Matt 10:40

Think about it; the Watchtower says the end time preaching work was established because Jesus finally began ruling in the heavens in 1914. This date totally wipes out Christ’s given authority already established when he was on earth.  If one is given authority, one uses it, which he did.  He directed his disciples to go and preach; indicating he would be with all his anointed ones "till the end of the age".  Matt 28:19,20   WT's date also indicates that the “good news” Christ and the apostles preached, was not as near as important as what the Watchtower wants to take credit for; yet the reigning symbolic “144,000” preached Christ throughout the last 2,000 years; and for that, were sealed into the Kingdom. 2,000 years of preaching the "good news" compared to about a hundred years by the WT.  However, the Watchtower states that this wasn’t occurring from the second century on; saying God’s people were “captive” in “Babylon” until approximately a hundred years ago.  Hmmm.  No sealing of the anointed ones for almost 2,000 years then?  Even if 144,000 was a literal number, which I don’t believe, it would mean all of them except for the remnant today, would have been sealed within two centuries of Christ’s presence on earth.  They actually base this on another date, five years after 1914; 1919, when “true worship” was to have been restored.  This is a pretty far-fetched idea to think that any anointed priest offering “sacrifices of praise” in pure worship to God, wasn't around for the last 2,000 years before the organization appeared.  Heb 13:15

The end time preaching of the good news has similar characteristics of Christ’s day.  This is where the term “inhabited earth” helps clarify who it is that receives it.  The Kingdom “heirs” to rule with Christ are down to a remnant left on earth, who face the “great tribulation”; an event stronger and different, than what God’s people in covenant faced when Jesus was on earth.  Matt 24:21

And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.  Matt 24:22

Another “abomination” attacks another temple of God; the remnant “living stones” of God’s Temple in Christ.  1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; 1 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1,2   Jerusalem and the temple was trampled by the Roman army; today New Jerusalem/Temple of God’s people under covenant , is also “trampled” by another “Gentile” power ruling over them.  Rev 11:1,2

The term “inhabited earth” has a deeper meaning than what one may realize. 

Thus says the Lord:

*“Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.*

Where is the house that you will build Me?
And where is the place of My rest?
For all those things My hand has made,
And all those things exist,”
Says the Lord.
But on this one will I look:
On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit,
And who trembles at My word.”

No literal house is God’s temple today when He has chosen His house built with “living stones” on the Body of Christ.  They are His “footstool”, His inhabited “owned” land with Christ as the chief cornerstone.  1 Pet 2:5,9; Eph 2:20-22

For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.” 1 Cor 3:9-11

Please, don’t allow Stephen Lett to rob you of the true meaning of who comprise the Temple of God.  He used this scripture in the Annual 2018 meeting to refer to every JW, which is another ploy to erase the identity and existence of the anointed ones. 

Ezekiel’s vision of the heavenly Temple also verifies that it is spiritual “Israel” sealed into the heavens as God’s dwelling and describes the situation happening today in the Watchtower:

The Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the Lord filled the temple.

Then I heard Him speaking to me from the temple, while a man stood beside me. And He said to me, “Son of man, *this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet,* where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel foreverNo more shall the house of Israel defile My holy name, they nor their kings, by their harlotry or with the carcasses of their kings on their high places. When they set their threshold by My threshold, and their doorpost by My doorpost, with a wall between them and Me, they defiled My holy name by the abominations which they committed; therefore I have consumed them in My anger. Now let them put their harlotry and the carcasses of their kings far away from Me, and I will dwell in their midst forever. Ezek 43:6-9

The GB have allowed an “abomination” to “enter” and rule over God’s Temple. The Temple priests are also guilty of allowing another Head to rule over them and not Christ. Ezek 44:6-9; Mal 2:7-9; 3:1-4 This is how the “power of the holy ones is brought to nothing” in the last days, and it is why there is an end time preaching work to the “inhabited earth” now, to the owned land/habitation of God.  Dan 12:7; 2:33,41

“with a wall between them and Me” – There is a “wall” of falsehoods “built” by the organization (which you know can’t be dismissed) that conflicts with pure truth in Christ.  Any teaching that is not true, cannot be sourced in Christ.  The WT leaders are very good at teaching untrue doctrine; yet, they have placed their “threshold” by God’s “threshold”, declaring God’s Holy Spirit has directed them to speak such lies, touting all along that they are “Jehovah’s friend” even when new doctrine is formulated to cover over previous lies.  Can you see these things?  Do you care to?  (Ezek 13) 

It is a fallacy spurred on by the GB, and by those who are “trampling” – ruling over -  the Temple of God, to interpret the “good news” as being preached throughout the world of man today.  Check the Greek meaning for “inhabited earth”.    This is DECEIT, and it is how the anointed are fooled and conquered in the last days; as well as all JWs. 2 Thess 2:11,12   1914 is a “prophesy” that has been spread by “word of mouth” and also by a “letter” – magazine” – that asserts the “day of the Lord has come”.  2 Thess 2:1,2   Firstly, that Christ is finally reigning in the heavens; secondly that the Kingdom was “born” in 1914.  And yet, this birth is followed by “birth pangs”.  Matt 24:4-8  Does this even make sense?

After this announcement, gradually the entrance of the Man Lawlessness that “sits (rules) in the Temple of God” gains power over the Temple priesthood. It is the elder body – an “image” that reflects a “spirit-directed organization”.  Rev 13:1,4,6-8,15

The “good news” is the redemption of “Jacob”, of “Israel”, just as the preaching work of Jesus and the apostles, to the people in covenant with God. Luke 4:17-19; Rev 18:4-8; Rev 11:3; 10:8-11; 1 Thess 5:3

Jesus stated clearly the events, and who would receive the end time preaching of the “good news”, and verse 23 is a scripture I never took note of while in the organization.

“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. 17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils (judicial committees)   and scourge you in their synagogues. (“Jewish” meeting places/congregations)18 You will be brought before governors and kings (GB/elder body) for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.  19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; 20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

21 “Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. 22 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. (for the sake of Christ anointed ones and companions are disfellowshipped) But he who endures to the end will be saved. 23 When they persecute you in this city, flee to another.

For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.”  Matt 10:16-23

“You must be on your guard. You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them10 And the gospel must first be preached to all nations. 11 Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

The circumstances of preaching the good news results from a form of persecution experienced for the sake of Christ, not for the sake of “Jehovah’s organization”.  Anointed today in the organization experience this when coming against the authority of men who rule over them; when their hearts reject falsehood and turn fully to the Father and Christ. Their judgment is a spiritual “death”.   Rev 12:17;13:15; 17:6; 11; 3,7

For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.”  Matt 10:16-23

Are JWs preaching to the nation of Israel, or the whole world?  Those that Christ sends…Rev 11:1-3…preach to spiritual “Israel” and their companions. Rev 18:4-8 is a call to “Israel” – “my people” – God’s owned “inhabited earth“, not to come out of Christendom as JWs teach, but to come out of a “Babylonian” captivity to a delusion built with truth mixed with lies. Rev 8:11 The remnant are “gathered” as one camp, yet “scattered” among the nations of JWs,  and under a spiritual captivity to a Man of Lawlessness and deceit. Joel 3:2; Rev 13:9,10; 20:7-10; Rev 16:13-16; 19:19 

This is what the Lord says—
    your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
    who teaches you what is best for you,
    who directs you in the way you should go.
18 If only you had paid attention to my commands,
    your peace would have been like a river,
    your well-being like the waves of the sea.

Your descendants would have been like the sand,
    your children like its numberless grains;
their name would never be blotted out
    nor destroyed from before me.”

20 Leave Babylon,
    flee from the Babylonians!
Announce this with shouts of joy
    and proclaim it.
Send it out to the ends of the earth;
    say, “The Lord has redeemed his servant Jacob.”
21 They did not thirst when he led them through the deserts;
    he made water flow for them from the rock;
he split the rock
    and water gushed out.

22 “There is no peace,” says the Lord, “for the wicked.”  Isa 48:17-22

(Pear Doxsey, 4womaninthewilderness blogspot,  has written more about the end time preaching work:

"The Good News - What is it?  Who is it for?) 

• Views 124
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“And this good news of this and that will be preached in all the inhabited earth as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come.”  Matt 24:14   I wrote this with @TrueTomHarley i