Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TheWorldNewsOrg -
admin -

Top Posters

Umm... hasn't Microsoft been making money off of the US Military since the 1980's?

What am I missing?

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By admin
      We’ll know we’ve made it as a newsletter when a) we become the largest U.S. city by population and b) we get invited to Microsoft’s HQ to demo the HoloLens 2, the updated mixed reality headset it 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  at MWC yesterday.   What is it? It’s a device you wear that overlays digital images (like holograms) onto the real world. And instead of going after individual consumers, Microsoft is selling the HoloLens 2 to corporations with employees who work with their hands—think factories.

And because we’re not salty at all, let’s get more insight from tech journalists who actually got the invite to Redmond, WA:
      Cnet’s Scott Stein: “The best way I can describe it is like Google Maps' turn-by-turn directions for real world instructions—or like a  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  for reality.” The Verge’s Dieter Bohn points out the HoloLens 2 (a “ Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. ”) reflects Microsoft’s strategy to serve “corporate and enterprise needs instead of trying to crank out hit consumer products.”
    • By TrueTomHarley
      Those who have followed me elsewhere know I have been grumbling about Word lately. When I grumble, I grumble big. I did it on Twitter, too, even tagging @microsoft. Very quickly I heard from @OfficeSupport   Hi, Tom. Thank you for reaching out. Please tell us more about the issue that you're having? Also, which Office application are you using? We'll wait for your response.   Me: This is kind of you to respond. The ‘Link to Previous’ button seems to have no effect. Office365Word. Enter chapter titles in odd header & it still populates headers of other sections. Sometimes it does. Othertimes no. Am I misreading the instructions?   Would you like to call our technical support team for a help? They can walk you through and guide you on how to use the Word. They can also answer all your questions in real time. Call them at 1-800-642-7676.   Me: If I enter the number you have given me, 800-642-7676, into a search engine, I come up with a host of pages saying that the holders thereof are frauds and liars.   …We understand the caution regarding this. We would like to confirm that the number we’ve provided is a legitimate Microsoft number…   A day or two passed. Then I heard from them again.   Hi, Tom! How’s everything? We hope you're having a great time. We’d love to hear about your experience with our Social Media support here: http://msft.social/dDqG3B . Feel free to send us a message anytime if you need our help. 1/2   Me: It’s not going well at all. Googling the phone number you gave me, 1 800 642 7676, returns many pages that say you are a scam.   (Concurrent with their tweet above): You may also Subscribe to our Customer Support YouTube channel here: http://msft.social/RqoPMD . Thanks for your time! 2/2   Me: One channel is all I need. If Google says the phone number you gave me, 1 800 642 7676, is a fraud, I will not hold my breath on a YouTube channel. Clean up that mess, if it is wrong.   .........   Everyone knows this phone number. This is the number that pops up when suddenly your screen freezes and you are advised that you have a virus or much worse. If you call them, you will find that they speak English poorly, and are intent upon having you cede control of your computer to them so that they may better 'help' you.   Look at your address bar and you will see it is simply a web page that has taken over everything else. That does not mean it is easily disposed of. Ususally a hard reboot is required, and also that browser session must be prevented from re-opening.   Plainly, these folks are outside of the country, so they are not easily thwarted. Even so, I am a little surprised that the actual Microsoft, big as it is, does not do whatever it takes to shut them down, as it leaves a horrible ugly taste toward their products from those who have been so accosted, and probably drives many to Apple. Maybe @admin, influential as he is, can pass this along to them. This is a job that even @The Librarian (the old biddy) may not be able to handle.
      By Guest
      IT expert Eric Lundgren could be facing jail and a hefty fine - due to his passion for recycling electronics. The 33-year-old is accused of creating illegal copies of Windows discs to help sell refurbished PCs.
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via .ORG
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      xperts are warning that there could be further ransomware cases this week after the global cyber-attack. So, what has happened and how can organisations and individuals protect themselves from such attacks?
      What is the scale of the attack?
      Ransomware - a malicious program that locks a computer's files until a ransom is paid - is not new but the size of this attack by the WannaCry malware is "unprecedented", according to EU police body Europol.
      It said on Sunday that there were believed to be more than 200,000 victims in 150 countries. However, that figure is likely to grow as people switch on their computers on Monday if their IT has not been updated and their security systems patched over the weekend.
      There are also many other strains of ransomware which cyber-security experts say they are seeing being given new leases of life.
      In the UK, the NHS was hit hard, but by Saturday morning the majority of the 48 affected health trusts in England had their machines back in operation. The NHS has not yet revealed what steps it took.
      The malware has not proved hugely profitable for its owners so far. The wallets set up to receive ransom payments - $300 (£230) in virtual currency Bitcoin was demanded for each infected machine - contained about $30,000 when seen by the BBC. This suggests that most victims have not paid up.
      Read more: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39896393
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Is it possible to open a Microsoft Excel file in an IPhone? 
  • Who Was Online   109 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours   (Most members ever online in 24 hour was 109, last accomplished on .)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ashlan
    Newest Member
    Ashlan

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.