• Views 302
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love of my life, you've hurt me You've broken my heart and now you leave me Love of my life, can't you see? Bring it back, bring it back Don't take it away from me, because you don't know Wh

In the 1970s, Mercury was in a long-term relationship with Mary Austin and they lived together in West Kensington, London. However, when he told her about an affair he’d begun with a male record execu

Rest in Secret To this day, Mercury’s final resting place is unknown. After his death on November 24, 1991, his body was cremated, and his ashes were kept in an urn by his lifelong friend, Mary A

Posted Images

A Song to Make You Cry

One of Queen’s most beloved songs, “Love of My Life” was written by Mercury about Mary Austin. During live performances of the song, the audience would get so caught up in it that Mercury would often stop singing and let them take over. After his death, the remaining band members would often dedicate the song to his memory when they performed it.

In the 1970s, Mercury was in a long-term relationship with Mary Austin and they lived together in West Kensington, London. However, when he told her about an affair he’d begun with a male record executive in 1976, their relationship ended. Mercury bought Austin a place of her own when they both moved out of the flat they shared.

9-8.png

Despite the way that their romantic relationship concluded, Mary Austin and Mercury maintained a very close relationship for the rest of their lives. In 1985, Mercury stated “All my lovers asked me why they couldn’t replace Mary, but it’s simply impossible. The only friend I’ve got is Mary, and I don’t want anybody else. To me, she was my common-law wife. To me, it was a marriage. We believe in each other, that’s enough for me.” When he died, Mercury bequeathed his home and recording royalties to Austin. She and her family still live in Mercury’s former home.

Rest in Secret

To this day, Mercury’s final resting place is unknown. After his death on November 24, 1991, his body was cremated, and his ashes were kept in an urn by his lifelong friend, Mary Austin. Two years later, Austin quietly left her house with the urn, fulfilling Mercury’s wishes to be covertly laid to rest without risk of disturbance. Not even his parents were told, and Austin has kept the secret of where the star’s final resting is to this day.

1-67.jpg

• 1 month later...