Witness

• Views 11.8k
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your entire response here and in one or two earlier posts in this thread appear to be exactly what I would expect to hear from an anointed person. I believe you speak out in the hope that readers will

Job 14:4 King James Version (KJV) 4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one. .......perhaps only God can do this? Question is, would He using for such task; some of JW, some of Wak

Who told you this? But one thing doesn't seem believable, and that is actually replacing a jw.org flag. I cannot imagine there was a jw.org flag in the window. In fact why would the Chilean brothers h

Posted Images

Letter explained how Collective Conscience of Elders make Decision to Put or Not to Put Flag on KH in Chile. 

So, nobody asked Bro and Sis of particular congregation? Interesting. No Resolution regard Flag?

But Collective Conscience of Elders is Imperative?

This makes old-new aspect on JWORG. Who and what RUN your decisions? Your Natural/Artificial Conscience?  JW Collective Conscience? Elders Body Conscience? GB Conscience? WT Lawyers Conscience? ....and similar. 

14 hours ago, Witness said:

Do JWs need to be reminded of their website?  There were a lot of little flags put to work on these cupcakes,  for not symbolizing anything.

image.jpeg

It is a mild hypocrisy but nothing more. 

It is like when brothers decry those who love violence but then tune into the football game.

It is like when Jesus turns water into wine and the director says: “Every other man puts out the fine wine first, and then when guests are intoxicated the inferior. But you have saved the best for last!” 

One uber-righteous brother (for we do have some) stated: “We know people were not intoxicated at that gathering because Jesus would NEVER associate with those intoxicated.” I thought: “Of course he would. The verse all but says he did.”

Good ol Jubulasiasen, who can’t hold his liquor and ordinarily doesn’t have to worry about it because he drinks only in moderation has a few too many at the joyous gathering and makes an ass of himself, incurring the wrath of his wife on account of the embarrassment.

12 hours ago, Anna said:

Any volunteers? @JW Insider ? xD

I will be happy to. But at 2pm today I'm actually driving out of state to meet an elder whose 2 sons-in-law are/were(?) circuit overseers in Paraguay and Chile respectively. One was the "Home Overseer" for several years, but I don't recall whether that was the one or Paraguay or Chile. The purpose of the visit is unrelated, but I will definitely remember to ask him about the Chilean flags.

I can't imagine that he doesn't know. But if not, I volunteer to call one or more of the KH's in Chile. BTW, at most it's a very low charge, sometimes just a few cents to call through Google Phone, or other IP phone services.

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

The purpose of the visit is unrelated, but I will definitely remember to ask him about the Chilean flags.

Okay, I’m a brother. I shouldn’t do this. I really shouldn’t.

I really really really shouldn’t.

I know better. I’m NOT ALLOWED!!!

Ah, well. I’ll ask for forgiveness later.

I’ll give 3:1 odds that JWI finds it’s all a bunch of hoopla. Nothing less than $100 bets will be considered.

After all, what’s one more odd look? I’ve been in trouble ever since I pointed out that nature itself testifies to the value of higher education, since the most formidable beavers are graduates of Dam U. 

9F16CAD7-9729-4199-8743-841564E50A63.jpeg

12 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

But Collective Conscience of Elders is Imperative?

They are the ones who put it up. As for the publishers, they just go inside the building. Although I wouldn't agree with it, it wouldn't bother my conscience. In any case, when deciding somethIng like this, the elders will take into account the conscience of others, usually. 

On 3/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, Witness said:

What is God’s Temple to you?  All of JWs, as I have heard Samuel Herd comment? (He, of all people should know the true meaning of God's Temple)   Is it Warwick?  The organization?  Or, is it found in Christendom?  Who has the authority to cast out God’s Temple priests?

@Anna  and all JWs, Today's "Daily Text":

You will have to know that Jehovah of armies has sent me to you.—Zech. 6:15.

How did Zechariah’s message affect the Jews in his day? Jehovah had guaranteed stability and protection for their work. His assurance that the temple would be built must have brought hope to their tired hearts. But how would just a few accomplish so much work? Zechariah’s next words remove any remaining fear or doubt. In addition to the support of faithful ones like Heldai, Tobijah, and Jedaiah, God tells of many others who would “come and take part in building the temple of Jehovah.” Confident of divine backing, the Jews quickly swing into action, resuming their building work despite the ban by the Persian king. Soon Jehovah removes the mountainlike obstacle of the official ban, and the temple is completed in 515 B.C.E. (Ezra 6:22; Zech. 4:6, 7) The words of Jehovah, however, describe things far greater for our day. w17.1029 ¶17

FROM THE ARTICLE THAT THE WATCHTOWER LINKS:

Today, millions join in true worship, and they are moved from the heart to contribute their “valuable things,” which include their time, energy, and resources in support of Jehovah’s great spiritual temple. (Prov. 3:9) How can we be certain that Jehovah values our loyal support? Remember that Heldai, Tobijah, and Jedaiah brought the materials for the crown that Zechariah made. The crown then served “as a memorial,” or “reminder,” of their contribution toward true worship. (Zech. 6:14; ftn.) Likewise, the work and the love we show for Jehovah will never be forgotten. (Heb. 6:10) They will remain forever, cherished in Jehovah’s memory.

19. What effect should Zechariah’s visions have on us today?

19 All that has been accomplished for true worship in these last days is tangible evidence of Jehovah’s blessing and Christ’s leadership. We are part of a stable, secure, and everlasting organization. Jehovah’s purpose regarding pure worship “will occur.” Cherish your place among Jehovah’s people, and “do not fail to listen to the voice of Jehovah your God.” Then you can remain under the protection of our King and High Priest and of the heavenly riders of the chariots. Have as full a share as possible in supporting true worship. As you do so, you can be certain that Jehovah of armies will keep you safe and secure during the remainder of this system of things—and for eternity!

The organization is your temple, and your idol.

The true temple of God:  

Insight on the Scriptures Volume 2, page 1083

Anointed Christians—A Spiritual Temple. Anointed Christians on earth are likened to a number of things, including a temple. This comparison is fitting because God’s spirit dwells within the congregation of anointed ones. Paul wrote to the Christians in Ephesus “in union with Christ Jesus,” those who are “sealed with the promised holy spirit,” saying: “You have been built up upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, while Christ Jesus himself is the foundation cornerstone. In union with him the whole building, being harmoniously joined together, is growing into a holy temple for Jehovah. In union with him you, too, are being built up together into a place for God to inhabit by spirit.” (Eph 1:1, 13;2:20-22) These “sealed” ones, laid upon Christ as Foundation, are shown to number 144,000. (Re 7:4; 14:1) The apostle Peter speaks of these as “living stones” being “built up a spiritual house for the purpose of a holy priesthood.”—1Pe 2:5.

Since these underpriests are “God’s building,” he will not let this spiritual temple suffer defilement. Paul emphasizes the holiness of this spiritual temple, and the danger to one who attempts to defile it, when he writes: “Do you not know that you people are God’s temple, and that the spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you people are.”1Co 3:9, 16, 17; see also 2Co 6:16.

The true Temple is no longer recognizable.  It has been defiled by a false priesthood/elder body replacing God's true priests. 2 Thess 2:3,4 It has been defiled by a false prophet/Harlot and her lies.   Revelation speaks of demonic expressions emanating from the mouth of a false prophet,  a "Beast" that conquers the Temple of God, and from the devil himself.  These expressions have not developed instantly, but gradually into a complete blasphemous lie against the Temple of God.   The example given, is of a frog.  A frog begins as an egg and eventually turns into, in this case, a plague of lies.  Rev 16:12-16; 13:7

The organization is that Beast. Rev 13:1  The composite false prophet is the Beast speaking as if from Christ.  Rev 13:11; Matt 24:24

Please JWs, can't you see the transformation of the organization into a complete blasphemous lie?  Jesus has been the chief cornerstone of God's Temple since 2,000 years ago.  It has been "building" since then, with faithful living stones being sealed into it.  What is the foundation stone for the organization/idol?  It isn't Jesus Christ.

The organization is the  mountainlike idol that will be removed.

Soon Jehovah removes the mountainlike obstacle of the official ban, and the temple is completed in 515 B.C.E. (Ezra 6:22; Zech. 4:6, 7)

God's true temple in the anointed ones will not survive among the haven of lies.  It is imperative that they leave the idol, as should all JWs.  Rev 18:4-8

The Temple will be completed, and the last "living stones" will be set in place outside the Watchtower's walls.    Zech 4:6,7  it is then, that the Kingdom will arrive.  Zech 4:6-14; Rev 11:1-4

"The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain ablaze with fire was hurled into the sea." Rev 8:8

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I’ll give 3:1 odds that JWI finds it’s all a bunch of hoopla. Nothing less than $100 bets will be considered.

That's ok, I bet my husband that he's not going to stick to his diet.

I have a sneaky suspicion it won't be a bunch of hoopla though. The flag I mean...

1 hour ago, Anna said:

They are the ones who put it up. As for the publishers, they just go inside the building. Although I wouldn't agree with it, it wouldn't bother my conscience. In any case, when deciding somethIng like this, the elders will take into account the conscience of others, usually. 

Thanks for respond and expressed thoughts.  

I am aware that about some issues, elder body bring that in front congregation (and suggesting expected outcome too) and about some other they alone making decision as in this question. So we can ask question: what kind of arrangement is in Congregation, Is it Hierarchy by Position and Duties, Is it Democracy with votes, Is it Theocracy and God's spirit is power who guide personal and collective decision on some higher level , or is it something else?

I ask this, because some issues in congregation are handled exactly by Votes of all baptized congregants. In the same time there is also questions that is matter of interest for all members but elders body not making matter public, to make Resolution, but they push own decision. This i see as discrepancy and intended changing of rules of those who have power when they see  it is in their "interest" or if they perhaps not have "faith" in members.    

In last sentence you mentioned how they will take in account conscience of others. This is possible to found or to get to know by; Voting system or by Referendum or by some sort of Survey. 

Letter from HQ say nothing about this, but put on elders body exclusivity to decide. Well again, what sort of system is Congregation? Religious/democracy shape where people sometimes have privilege to vote and sometimes they don't? Management established by WT HQ in Elders body structure? Theocratic structure where all persons making unite decision UNDER lead of holy spirit?  Or something else?