The World News Media

"STANDING WHERE IT DOES NOT BELONG"

Witness

Having done land surveying for more than 30 years, I appreciate the value of large navigational markers.   Around your home you may have wooden stakes in the corners or your lots, or metal pins in the ground, but I have installed markers that cost $20,000 and required  you to dig holes 10 feet deep to set the concrete foundations for the markers ... for one point the size of a tack ... that you could see from afar off.

Several years ago I went to Norway, and across land and sea, on roads and islands between fjords, there is a massive monumentation system that defines and marks the Arctic Circle .... a THEORETICAL circle that most people do not understand why it's important, at all.

It must have cost at least  a billion dollars to install all of these .... not counting the surveying that located where they should go.

Sometimes ..... things that MOST people do not understand, are very important to those that do.

This is why I think WDS , the sword that cuts both ways ... is so very, very dangerous.

Norway-Roadtrip-Driving-the-to-Arctic-Circle-16.jpg

arctic-circle-marker-laurel-talabere.jpg

• Views 11.9k
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your entire response here and in one or two earlier posts in this thread appear to be exactly what I would expect to hear from an anointed person. I believe you speak out in the hope that readers will

Job 14:4 King James Version (KJV) 4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one. .......perhaps only God can do this? Question is, would He using for such task; some of JW, some of Wak

Who told you this? But one thing doesn't seem believable, and that is actually replacing a jw.org flag. I cannot imagine there was a jw.org flag in the window. In fact why would the Chilean brothers h

Posted Images

On 3/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, Witness said:

It is the “Helper” that provides direction, even in recognizing the spirit in another anointed one. 

“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.”  John 14:26

Canada has many symbols. There may be some other symbol appearing in their Betel. Why stop at the inuksuk statue?

But there is something else what we can think about as idols, idolatry, worshiping, hidden message, changed/twisted meaning. In verse quoted above one special terminology was introduced by Jesus. Word Helper or helper is equivalent for Holy Spirit of holy spirit. HE will teach You and you.

The Governing Body entrusts much to its helpers and appreciates the fine service performed by these loyal, hardworking brothers. https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20151015/helpers-governing-body-committees/

It is interesting how WTJWORG find it adequate to give THIS name/etiquette/title to humans who "helping" GB members. Because GB members strongly claiming how they are NOT inspired by Spirit (in other simple words, Spirit NOT teaching them) but that they are "guided", it is significant and not far from reality how substitution for teaching from REAL, GENUINE holy spirit which source is in God, is TRANSFERRED to Artificial "holy spirits" that resides in, it's situated in Human called "GB Helper/s".

If one of meaning for Inuksuk Statue is to point the way to somewhere, or to correct your way, than this WT invention, from 1992 , is very seriously entering in the domain, radius of idolatry and worshiping of idols. How comes to that? Because Helpers are males appointed (not by HS, but by GB) to serve in various (6) Committees, which decisions, instructions and marking they way how "worshiping God has to look" is not under INFLUENCE, GUIDING, TEACHING of holy spirit as ONLY HELPER PROMISED BY JESUS, but under Human Helpers spirit. 

Who/whom JW member obey? Worshiping? JW member worshiping those or that whom or what he listening and OBEY. If you obey human person, in final moment you worshiping him, willingly (deceived or by own choice) or by force. If you obey your own idea of something or about someone, you worship your own idol created in you/yourself.  

20 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Who/whom JW member obey? Worshiping? JW member worshiping those or that whom or what he listening and OBEY. If you obey human person, in final moment you worshiping him, willingly (deceived or by own choice) or by force. If you obey your own idea of something or about someone, you worship your own idol created in you/yourself.  

Rom 6:16

17 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

He grinned, but said "Well.... they have their place ..."

I rolled my eyes, but did not say anything more.

dt190312.gif

Come on James, it's just for the children. Nothing to do with marketing. When Caleb and Sophia came out I thought my kids were too old for it, so we never watched the cartoons or little videos. Now my kids are full grown. So what I am trying to say is our family has not really had much to do with that fictional family. Perhaps if my children had been younger, we may have been more involved. But regardless, kids grow up (real quick) so even if someone has had the pleasure of having Caleb and Sophia in their life, it's only temporary. After that, us adults like to get on with other things (hopefully). The only time I hear about Caleb and Sophia is when you bring it up on here. Honestly! xD

3 hours ago, Witness said:

If your words were true and that’s all there was to it, no one would be shunned or disfellowshipped for rejecting “Jehovah’s organization”.  Rev 13:1,5-7,11,15-17 

Ok, I agree there is more to it. As opposed to other organizations, this one also strives to be morally and spiritually clean. The apostle Paul said to remove, and have nothing to do with those who do things contrary to scripture.

What even does shunning and disfellowshipping for rejecting the org. have to do with worshiping the org. ? You may need to revisit your understanding of what worship means.

I do not see any relevance of your  Rev. citation.

3 hours ago, Witness said:

Inukshuk - among the oldest and most important objects placed by humans upon the vast Arctic landscape - are a sacred symbol. The figure is the Inuit symbol of their homeland and these people tradition forbids the destruction of these objects.

If it wasn't a symbol of veneration, it wouldn't be forbidden to remove it.  

I doubt the Canadian Bethel would go so far as to adopt the northern territory flag of Canada with an Inuksuk already on it, because it is a FLAG representing another nation; and JWs don’t “venerate” flags of other nations.    However, the organization does have its own flag that symbolizes a homeland, so why not put the Inuksuk on the jw dot org flag to symbolize the preaching work of a nation?

Related image

Image result for Jw.org flag

Now you're getting ridiculous. Not every flag out there symbolizes a nation. Some flags advertise an organization, company, product or a cause. They are called advertising  banners, and some are in the shape of a flag.

image.png

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Just curious “witness.” Do you belong to any church?

No, there is one “church”(Body) which is God’s Temple/Zion.  1 Pet 2:5,9,10; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22

One religion.  James 1:27

This is what I belong to as an anointed one.

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

If you do not. Do you believe in the trinity?

"If you do not"?  Does not belonging to an earthly church, which is what you are referring to, mean that I would believe the trinity?

No, I don't.

I don’t suppose you are trying to catch me in an act of idolatry, are you?  My devotion is purely to the Father and to my Master, Jesus Christ.  John 1:2,14,18; 3:16,18; 5:17-19

1 hour ago, Anna said:

Now you're getting ridiculous. Not every flag out there symbolizes a nation. Some flags advertise an organization, company, product or a cause. They are called advertising  banners, and some are in the shape of a flag.

I am sorry you didn't see the irony in what I posted.  Yes, the adoption of the Inuksuk by an organization that claims full devotion to God, IS rather ridiculous.

But...the jw dot org flag symbolizes Watchtower's treasure; the treasure of a homeland.  

Image result for jw.org diamond

27 minutes ago, Witness said:

But...the jw dot org flag symbolizes Watchtower's treasure; the treasure of a homeland.  

No, it doesn't symbolize anything. It advertises the website*. If you can see crosses and other "symbolism" in things that are not there, then that explains everything else you say.

* which has been set up solely for the purpose of Bible education, with a small portion dedicated to JW news. 

Get with the times Witness. You are not still wearing 1st century fashion are you?

1 hour ago, Anna said:

What even does shunning and disfellowshipping for rejecting the org. have to do with worshiping the org. ? You may need to revisit your understanding of what worship means.

Are you devoted to the organization?

Are you motivated and dedicated to serve its needs?

Do you believe it can lead you to salvation?

Is the organization your refuge?

Can you be devoted to God AND an organization?  

"Jehovah God rightly expects each of us to maintain a devoted attachment to him and his visible earthly organization."  Ps 30:4; 31:23  km 8/82 pp. 1-3

Check out the scriptures they use.  Do they mention any other recipient of devotion, other than to God?  So then, does God expect us to be devoted to an earthly organization?  They can't back up their expectations with scripture.  

A devoted attachment is equally given to God and the organization by JWs.  Break it down.  What does having a devoted attachment to God mean to you?  

From your Bible:   “I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion.”  Exod 20:5

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. "

Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.  Deut 12:32

Every word of God is flawless;
    he is a shield for him who takes refuge in him.

Do not add to his words
    lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar. 
Prov 30:5,6

20 minutes ago, Anna said:

No, it doesn't symbolize anything. It advertises the website

Maybe you are one of the minority who believes that.  I don't see a lot people advertising their website quite like this.  

image.jpeg

Image result for jw.org logo  Watchtower

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.