Witness

• Views 11.9k
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your entire response here and in one or two earlier posts in this thread appear to be exactly what I would expect to hear from an anointed person. I believe you speak out in the hope that readers will

Job 14:4 King James Version (KJV) 4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one. .......perhaps only God can do this? Question is, would He using for such task; some of JW, some of Wak

Who told you this? But one thing doesn't seem believable, and that is actually replacing a jw.org flag. I cannot imagine there was a jw.org flag in the window. In fact why would the Chilean brothers h

Posted Images

5 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I have several photos on my hard drive somewhere, from several angles.

That's all I know.

If you go to google images and type in Chilean flag in kingdom hall, several pictures pop up with flags flying either above the kingdom halls or are in the windows.  

4 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The picture I saw had the Chilean Flag behind the metal bars in the windows, behind the glass, inside the building, facing out, and there was a high steel rod fence with a gate around the property, with the flagpole on the property, on the grounds.

It may have been put there by Eskimos for all I know.

... but that is not probable.

I've seen the same one. It's funny, but certain anti JW websites will caption that as  "Kingdom halls in Chile" and then post the same Kingdom hall from various angles.

6 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Ask him to IM you the info just like JWinsider and others.

Not sure what this means, but on the topic of the Chilean flag flying at, on or near Kingdom Halls, I don't really believe it. When this topic first came out a couple of years ago, there were some problems with the correspondence that supposedly explained it from an JW standpoint. Also, not all properties where KH's exist are fully owned by JWs. There could be a myriad of reasons that a flag exists on or near a JW property. But I'm not sure they really do.

I followed up on this by calling Patterson a couple of years ago (and the brother said he didn't know if it was true) and speaking to someone more recently in Warwick, who said "that couldn't be true," as far as he knows. But he also didn't know about any Internet-based commotion on the topic.

I told him that I had checked about 20 Kingdom Halls in Chile using Google Street View. Here is one example:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Las+Encinas+1749,+Renca,+Región+Metropolitana,+Chile/@-33.4041048,-70.6907054,3a,75y,108.84h,87.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1slfiq6LkMs2Z5CuAmFiG3ig!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x9662c69f295173ad:0x837dfa74929e385!8m2!3d-33.4041138!4d-70.6904265

image.png

Just go to JW.ORG and get the addresses of all the different locations in Santiago, for example: https://apps.jw.org/ui/E/meeting-search.html#/memorial/search/any/Santiago, Chile/-33.43783,-70.650449/@-33.434145,-70.639928,13z

These images were taken when the law was supposedly in effect. Yet, none of them showed flagpoles. None of them showed flags. I checked a few churches, too and none of them show flags either. I checked the one Hall that had been mentioned on this site, too. I'm not even sure about the supposed "law" as described.

There have been several items promoted by JW opposers that should rightly raise some suspicions. It's not usually that hard to look up corroborating evidence these days, even if it's half-way around the world for some of us.

If anyone knows of any different evidence,  I'd be happy to see it. But I have strong doubts that there is any definitive evidence that means what opposers have claimed.

12 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

I told him that I had checked about 20 Kingdom Halls in Chile using Google Street View.

Just go to JW.ORG and get the addresses of all the different locations

I did that too, just earlier, but got tired after I'd looked at about 8, lol. Needless to say, I saw no flags or flag poles. Some of the "Kingdom Halls" are in private homes I noticed on our website. I'd like to find the KH in question, but gave up too soon....

Nice to see you commenting again. Thought something had happened to you. I know, you can't even take a vacation right? xD

P.S. I have a friend from Santiago, I will ask her if she knows anything.

6 hours ago, Anna said:

You are all confused. Did God have a nation in the past? Yes, the house of Israel was God's nation. God's Kingdom on earth, with a fleshly king representing it. There was nothing idolatrous about that idea.

The nation of Israel was dedicated to God, not to the nation of Israel. They served ONLY God.  Jws are a “nation” dedicated to an organization, which they serve.    There is a difference, and the difference is idolatry. Were the early apostles dedicated to an organization, or to God and Jesus Christ?  

6 hours ago, Anna said:

This became the Christian congregation made up of not only anointed Jews (Israelites) but also anointed Gentiles. Hence, this new nation came to be known as "spiritual Israel", who with those not anointed (the other sheep) became one flock. 1 Pet. 2:9.

Is this what they are teaching you now?  I would not be surprised.

Spiritual “Israel” does not include both anointed and those not anointed, but includes only the “firstfruits” of God’s children.  They are God’s called, chosen ones that bear the work of preaching the “good news” of Christ. James 1:18; Rev 14:1,4,5

w96 2/15 p. 13-14 -   Well, beginning with Jesus’ apostles and others at Pentecost 33 C.E., Jehovah has been dealing with spiritual Israelites. These are humans anointed with God’s holy spirit who become part of what the apostle Paul calls “the Israel of God.” (Galatians 6:16;Romans 8:15-17) Recall, too, that at 1 Peter 2:9, these Christians are called “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession.” Peter goes on to identify the assignment given to spiritual Israel: “‘You should declare abroad the excellencies’ of the one that called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”

The “other sheep” are physical Gentiles “grafted” into the vine of Christ – they are also, anointed ones, becoming one flock.  John 10:16; Eph 2:11-22; Rom 1:16; 11:22-25; Acts 11:9,18;10:45-47; 13:46; Rev 7:14-15

But you are a chosen peoplea royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. 1 Pet 2:9,10  (Hos 2:23)

“You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,
“And My servant whom I have chosen,
That you may know and believe Me,
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
Nor shall there be after Me.”  Isa 43:10

You used 1 Pet 2:9 to describe all JWs and anointed ones as “one flock”.  Are all JWs chosen for the priesthood?  Are all JWs anointed?  Are all JWs part of the “144,000”?  Rev 7:4

Spiritual “Israel” is the holy nation of God.  When the New Covenant is fulfilled, and the Kingdom arrives, the rest of God’s children will be part of God’s spiritual “nation”.  Isa 66:7,8; Rev 22:17

There is no earthly organization that God recognizes.  He is building His "organization" of the "144,000" on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ as the chief cornerstone, having His future children in mind to receive its blessings.  God recognizes His Temple. 1 Cor 3:16, 17; Eph 2:19-22       Do you?  In the last 100 years, men have fabricated their own organization, a "unique idea" as the Watchtower put it in the '40's.  It is blasphemy to God.  Rev 13:1,11

We are in the last days.  The preaching work is to spiritual “Israel”. Matt 10:23 That would be to the anointed ones.  Listed among many is because  they are dedicated to an earthly organization, and not to God and Christ.  Why do I say this?

“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and riches.”  Matt 6:24

3 minutes ago, Anna said:

Nice to see you commenting again. Thought something had happened to you. I know, you can't even take a vacation right? xD

If I recall correcty, the idea was that there is a day of independence or something like that where the flags are put up for a day or two. It's possible that individual JWs, based on conscience, might put up a flag here and there. But I'm pretty sure the KH would rather pay a fine rather than put up a flag. There was a time when we would rather take it to court than even pay a fine.

2 minutes ago, Witness said:

Spiritual “Israel” does not include both anointed and those not anointed

I didn't say it did, I said the two groups became one flock.

4 minutes ago, Witness said:

dedicated to an organization, which they serve.

Well fist they are dedicated to God. Second, they support God's interests here on earth. Like I said, you are confusing things....

6 minutes ago, JW Insider said:
8 minutes ago, Anna said:

If I recall correcty, the idea was that there is a day of independence or something like that where the flags are put up for a day or two. But I'm sure the KH would rather pay the fine than put up a flag.

What's that got to do with you being gone? xD

11 minutes ago, Anna said:

Nice to see you commenting again. Thought something had happened to you. I know, you can't even take a vacation right? xD . . . . What's that got to do with you being gone? xD

It's funny. I have no trouble getting to sleep, but by choice I've always been able to stay up several nights a week and not feel it the next day, and go on as normal. But I've heard that this is not healthy, and at 61, now, I'm beginning to need more than 5 hours of sleep. I began working on a building project a couple weeks ago, and will be for another couple weeks. When younger, I'd come home and find that reading or studying would be an enjoyable way to get some rest, even if it meant losing sleep. But these last couple weeks, I'm actually falling asleep in the evenings even when I want to stay up. This must be the end of the world as I knew it.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.