Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

JOHN BUTLER -
ASF-37 -

Top Posters

I was having a discussion on here somewhere with someone, concerning the IICSA investigation into JW Org in the UK. 

I've just received this email from them so thought I'd put it up on here for people to look at. 

It doesn't copy and paste exactly as it looks on my email, but here it is anyway :- 

Our reference: IICSA-0013979

Dear Mr Butler

Thank you for contacting the Inquiry on 3 February.

As you may be aware, the Inquiry is investigating institutional failure to protect children from sexual abuse in the Anglican and Roman Catholic Churches. In June 2015 it issued a retention order covering documents of interest to the Inquiry to the leaders of 18 prominent religious organisations, including the Jehovah's Witnesses.  

The Inquiry has received correspondence from a considerable number of individuals raising concerns about child sexual abuse within Jehovah's Witnesses organisations. At present the Inquiry is committed to delivering its existing programme and is not currently launching any new investigations. However, as our work progresses, we will consider calls for a Jehovah's Witnesses specific investigation carefully.

Any updates on our investigations, including scope and hearings can be found on our website at www.iicsa.org.uk/investigations

I am sorry for the delay in responding to you and I hope that you have found this information useful. If you have any questions regarding the contents of this email, please do not hesitate to contact the Inquiry again.

Yours sincerely

UHwMgbEAeZwPWWchqrL6Nzal_p66I-zHXg2kbL1o

Jodie Yarborough

Head of Correspondence & Engagement Team

Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse

1 minute ago, TrueTomHarley said:

This must be extremely stressful to you, since the link you supplied points to 13 specific areas of inquiry, all but the first thought to be possible hotbeds of CSA, and the religion you despise is not among them.

From the email I received. " In June 2015 it issued a retention order covering documents of interest to the Inquiry to the leaders of 18 prominent religious organisations, including the Jehovah's Witnesses. " 

18 different religions, apart from all the government departments and other institutions. So give them a chance.

It doesn't say that the JW Org is not worth investigating does it ? It's just not top priority. 

It is sad for the victims of JW Org sexual abuse here in the UK to have to wait longer, but I think the investigation will happen in time.

As for me despising any religion well those are your words Tom not mine.  

7 minutes ago, Anna said:

@JOHN BUTLER Have you heard anything from when you tried to contact the Police about the abuse in your old hall?

No. But I gave them enough details in one message that it should have got some sort of response. 

They have my name and email address. They have the KH address. They have all the information I have. 

3 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

They have my name and email address. They have the KH address. They have all the information I have. 

John:

Short if vigilante justice, which often is not even remotely connected to Justice ... your job is DONE!

I am proud of you, after all these month's of discussion that wandered the known universe of thought, to "pull the trigger".

Sleep well at night, and forget about it.

You earned it!

On 3/15/2019 at 10:21 PM, JOHN BUTLER said:

But I gave them enough details in one message

Good fortune with your endeavours - most probably they will only follow up on the JW to make one good example to the nation of him.......  They only do something when the person is poor with no influence or is not from the protected minority groups.

We all know they have tons of child trafficking groups in England who are protected by the upper echelons of society.   Muslims marry 9 year olds  against their will and rape young girls in gangs with impunity. Why  they even have princes  who get away with child sex. .....

I often wonder why they only target the JWs (who do not condone this behaviour but seem to have a few degenerates among them) ..... but balk from becoming activists against an injust police /justice system in their own country -  which not only condones it - but cover up evidence and in some cases persecute those who expose child sex rings and  human trafficking  of children for sex.   Some even go to prison for exposing child rape gangs.

@Anna Now that you mentioned it I remember that too. So far no information I had seen in the UK regarding the mental ill person who committed the act. For the past few months I was focused on not just my ministry, but grave things concerning csa in several parts of the world.

@Arauna The UK is far worse when it comes to child abuse. So much as so, some even commit the idea that the gov't let's certain folks go, while some who they do not recognize are the ones to be sent away; locked up.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:21 PM, JOHN BUTLER said:

No. But I gave them enough details in one message that it should have got some sort of response. 

I hope you have firsthand knowledge and the information wasn't given to you by a third party that you submitted. That kind of exposure can have consequences. However, concerning the letter. The point to consider is no new investigations are being conducted in their inquiry. 

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      Google "New York Court"
      http://www.nycourts.gov/
      Scroll down, under "e-COURTS"
      click
      "e-Filing"
      https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/HomePage
      Left hand column, under "Login" click
      "Search as Guest"
      Then enter characters and click "Submit"
      https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/CaseSearch
      Click "Name" then type in "Watchtower" and click Search
      Then click on the "Sort By" box
      Select "Received Date : newest to oldest"
      Then click "Sort"
      . . .
      JW CSA Survivors in ALL 50 States can seek justice under the New York Child Victims Act
      This law firm confirmed it. You can ask them :
      Jehovah's Witness Sex Abuse Lawyers
      https://www.jehovahswitnesssexabuselawyers.com/
      Also, amongst other proof, Irwin Zalkin confirmed this on a video...links to that and other proof is in this video :
      The New York Child Victims Act is for JW CSA Survivors in ALL 50 States
      https://youtu.be/N3Kq_nG0434

"Although McDaniel's alleged abuse occurred in Oklahoma, her attorneys said they would argue that Watchtower, which is based in New York, enabled the conduct by way of negligent policies."
      https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ywaj87/calling-out-sexual-abuse-in-the-jehovahs-witnesses-is-a-horrific-struggle

• By Jack Ryan
      A grieving mother broke down in tears after she found a Jehovah's Witnesses pamphlet asking 'Can the dead really live again?' left at her son's grave.
      The woman and her daughter were visiting the 20-year-old's grave at Penrith Cemetery in western Sydney during the first Mother's Day since his suicide when they found the pamphlet.
      'Can the dead really live again?' the pamphlet read on the front cover, with the options 'yes', 'no' and 'maybe'.
      The man's sister said her mother was already struggling to cope with her son's absence on Mother's Day before they found the flyer.
      'My mum had been trying to hold it together all morning. It was always going to be a hard visit (to the cemetery) that day, but the flyer was a bit of salt in the wound,' the man's sister, who wished to remain anonymous, said.
      'It's harder to console your mother in tears on Mother's Day who just misses her son than it is to pick up a piece of paper and throw it in the bin.'
      The woman said there were flyers left at every grave in her brother's section of the cemetery.
      'Overall the whole situation was inappropriate... being that it was Mother's Day... there's no scenario you could have in this situation that makes it any ''better'' it's just horrible from all directions,' she said.

'That and also the choice of words. Leaving a flyer is a bad move regardless, but posing a question to friends and family members of ''Can the dead live again?'' is just so morbid.
      'But even then, if they left a flyer saying ''We're sorry for your loss'' would it make the situation any better? It's still preying on emotionally vulnerable people.' 
      The woman said she called the Jehovah's Witness head office in Sydney, where someone acknowledged leaving flyers at the cemetery was inappropriate.
      'But I wasn't given an apology... they referred to it as ''passing on the enquiry'',' she said.
      'What annoys me is that no one seemed to notice these people coming in - with a bag full of rocks to place the flyers under - and leaving all these flyers around.
      'Plots in that cemetery are going for up to $4000 plus, you expect some kind of security in this place.
      'One of the graves I removed a flyer from had the flyer underneath a little dog statue that was sitting beside the tombstone. 
      'All I thought was, imagine if that little dog was a family heirloom that meant something to the decease and was damaged because it was being carelessly handled by a church that wanted to get their sales numbers up? You'd be pretty livid.'
      A Jehovah's Witnesses spokesman said the choice to leave the flyers at the cemetery was 'an individual matter' and would have been carried out by someone from 'one of the local churches there'.
      'Some write letters, some do it over the phone,' he said.
      'It's probably just an individual doing the work... It's an individual, personal choice when it comes to preaching.'
      The spokesman said he could 'understand' resistance to their message, as they sometimes receive the same feedback when they go door-knocking to preach.
      A Penrith City Council spokesman said the flyers were an 'isolated incident'.
      'Council was advised on Monday afternoon of leaflets that were left in the cemetery and a sweep was conducted to remove the material,' he said. 
      Daily Mail Australia has contacted the Penrith Central Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses church for comment.

A Jehovah's Witnesses spokesman said the choice to leave the flyers at the cemetery was 'an individual matter' and would have been carried out by someone from 'one of the local churches' in Penrith
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7025371/Grieving-mother-lost-20-year-old-son-suicide-finds-Jehovahs-Witness-pamphlet-grave.html?fbclid=IwAR10jCf4Tqhfxghfz7UGde07X-hazU4ErQQc5TMEfDt17MNftaVlzsQPiwk
    • By Srecko Sostar
      Inquiry announces new investigation into child protection in religious organisations and settings
        2 May 2019 The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse has announced a new investigation into child protection in religious organisations and settings.
      The investigation will be thematic and will review the current child protection policies, practices and procedures in religious institutions in England and Wales.
      Organisations falling under the remit of this investigation will include non conformist Christian denominations, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, Baptists, Methodists, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism, Hinduism and Buddhism. This investigation is separate from our investigations into the Anglican and Roman Catholic churches.
      Religious settings such as mosques, synagogues, churches and temples are in scope. Places of faith tuition such as Muslim madrassahs and Christian Sunday schools and places where children and young people gather in connection with their religious beliefs, including youth groups and camps will also be investigated by the Inquiry.
      More than one in 10 survivors of child sexual abuse (11 per cent) who shared their accounts with the Inquiry’s Truth Project reported sexual abuse in a religious institution. Of this group, almost a quarter (24 percent) told the Inquiry they were abused in institutions in scope of this new investigation, including Jehovah's Witnesses, Baptists, Methodists, Judaism and Islam. Not all participants provided details about the religious denomination of the institution or perpetrator.
      Organisations and individuals are being invited to apply for core participant status. Core participants must have a significant interest in this investigation and have special rights defined by legislation.
      A preliminary hearing will take place at 2pm on 23 July 2019 and public hearings will take place in 2020.
      source: https://www.iicsa.org.uk/news/inquiry-announces-new-investigation-child-protection-religious-organisations-and-settings
    • By Witness
      A FORMER JEHOVAH'S WITNESS IS USING STOLEN DOCUMENTS TO EXPOSE ALLEGATIONS THAT THE RELIGION HAS KEPT HIDDEN FOR DECADES.  

In an organization, what sort of prevailing spirit would enable and encourage its people to hide its dirty business?  The spirit of God, who always exposed the sins of His people?
      What spiritual atmosphere promotes child abuse by ignoring a child’s call for help and justice, from their own parents? 
      What sort of spirit promotes parents to threaten their children using disgusting ‘weaponry’ against them, and at the same time, teaching them of “Jehovah’s paradise” as a promise if they were good? 
      What spirit resides in the heart of an elder who would ask a child suffering from parental abuse, “If her mother did end up killing her, could that prevent Jehovah from resurrecting her at Armageddon? “Of course, I said no,” Kimmy said, rolling her eyes. “They told me, ‘Go home and obey your mother.’”
      How can the Watchtower call itself “Jehovah’s theocratic organization”, or “Jehovah’s spiritual temple” when at the inner core of its “whitewashed tomb”, “the bones of the dead and everything unclean” exists?  Matt 23:27
      Child abuse is everywhere, but it is a rampant evil sickness in an organization that proudly claims to belong to “Jehovah”, to be a protection in times of distress, and an ark of salvation.  What hypocrisy.    Has it ever occurred to a JW that God sees the sins of His people?  And when God sees His people sinning, He refuses to aid them in times of crisis?
      Remind yourself again of what is happening in Russia.  Since the organization obviously hides its sins; yet, blatantly practices idolatry by ignoring the true temple of God in the anointed ones, (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22; 2 Thess 2:3,4) God has no interest in coming to  Watchtower’s aid in times of distress. 
      Tell me why He would.    Judges 2:6-23; Rom 1:18-25
       We have a deliverer, and it isn’t the GB or the organization who has refused to offer any aid to thousands who have suffered from abusive individuals residing in the “spiritual paradise”.  Our deliverer is the Father and Jesus Christ.  Judges 3:7-9; Rev 2:2-6,19-22; 3:17-21
      From The Atlantic:  https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2019/03/the-secret-jehovahs-witness-database-of-child-molesters/584311/

• By Jack Ryan
      Two different women came forward in 2018 with stories of repeated sexual abuse during their childhood by adult members of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
      One woman, Romy Maple, said she was repeatedly drugged and sexually abused by the same man starting when she was 4 years old. She said other members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses ignored her efforts to alert them to the abuse.
      Years later, Maple appeared prominently in the A&E documentary series, “Cults and Extreme Belief,” which brought her story to national attention. Maple has since launched a nonprofit, 707SAFE — which stands for Sexual Assault Fighters Elite — offering “coaching, transitional and transformational support” to fellow survivors of child sexual abuse, according to Maple’s GoFundMe page.
      Another woman, who gave her name as Sister Star, said she was drugged, filmed and sexually abused at a Eureka hotel by a family friend and fellow member of Jehovah’s Witnesses. She said her grandfather and other men did the same to her months before, and further said her stepfather sexually abused her throughout her childhood years.
      Sister Star came forward with her story of sexual abuse in August. (Jose Quezada — The Times-Standard file)   As in Maple’s case, Sister Star said elders of the Jehovah’s Witnesses took no action to help her.
      Jehovah’s Witnesses World Headquarters offered the Times-Standard the following comment earlier this year:
      “Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse and view it as a crime. (Romans 12:9)” the document states. “We recognize that the authorities are responsible for addressing such crimes. (Romans 13:1-4) The elders do not shield any perpetrator of child abuse from the authorities.”
      No criminal action has been taken in either Maple or Sister Star’s cases due to existing statute-of-limitations laws. In 2016, Gov. Jerry Brown signed into law a bill dismissing the statute of limitations for crimes of rape, sexual assault and other sexual offenses committed in 2017 and onward.
      https://www.times-standard.com/2018/12/30/no-2-women-say-they-were-sexually-abused-by-jehovahs-witnesses-members/
    • By Queen Esther
      The  CO - class,  learning  in  a  course  in  Bethel  *Mill  Hill*  -
      Left  side  first  is  GB  Brother  Barba !   A  friend-sister  met  him  by  a  New york  Bethel  visit,   she  got  alot  pictures
      That  picture  is  from  the  past  ~  Bro. Barba  is  now  in  Heaven  by  the  others  from  NY.
    • By Bible Speaks
      Closing of the Bethel of London and opening of the new Bethel in Chelmsford
      We are pleased to inform you that a new and exciting exhibition is now open for visitors in our Installations In Mill Hill. This new feature will take you on a journey through the history of witnesses in great Britain and Ireland. It includes material that will strengthen your faith and undoubtedly increase your appreciation for being part of the wonderful organization of Jehovah. - Ps. 144: 15.
      News: the new facilities at Chelmsford will not include a printer and will discontinue the printing at Mill Hill at the end of March 2018. So if you want to see the printing presses we invite you to visit as soon as possible.
      When they announced the new branch, they said it was necessary because the production of magazines is expanding and Britain is the key Bethel for the production of magazines. That was just a couple of years ago they said that.
      Literature comes from Germany now. It's the center of Europe. Sent to London (soon Chelmsford) and distributed from there. The single page brochures will be used much more now. 

• By The Librarian
      A member wanted me to post this question to you all..... 
      Anyone have a list?
    • By JOHN BUTLER
      I thought I'd just share this. Please read the whole article before judging it. 
      'Punished' for being sexually abused in York County: Jehovah's Witnesses' culture of cover-up
      THE CHURCH ISOLATES ITS MEMBERS, SHAMES AND SHUNS VICTIMS WHO COME FORTH AND INSTRUCTS ELDERS TO KEEP REPORTS SECRET. AND CHILDREN ARE BEING ABUSED.
      https://eu.ydr.com/story/news/2018/11/13/jehovahs-witnesses-culture-shrouds-child-sexual-abuse-york-county-pennsylvania-molest-coverup/1837435002/
    • By Jack Ryan
      Western Mail (Wales, UK), Tuesday, November 6, 2018 - FRONT PAGE
      An elder member of a Jehovah’s Witness congregation subjected a girl to years of sexual abuse, a court has heard.
      Thomas Brian Jenkins, 74, appeared at Merthyr Crown Court on Monday charged with 20 counts of indecent assault against a girl in the 1970s.
      The alleged abuse began when the girl was 12 years old and continued until she was 14.
      Jenkins, of Landor Road, Redditch, Worcestershire, denies indecently assaulting the girl by touching her genitals on “dozens of occasions".
      Opening the case for the prosecution, Timothy Evans said the abuse began shortly after the girl moved to a village in Powys with her family, who were Jehovah’s Witnesses, and became involved with the local congregation.
      Mr Evans said Jenkins, an elder member of the congregation, would take the girl, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, and her older brother out in a car to knock on people’s doors.
      “The defendant would get someone going out house to - turn to page 4
      Jehovah's Witness denies 20 historic sex attack charges
    • By Jack Ryan
      The Jehovah's Witness Church in Australia failed to protect children in its care from sexual predators, a report has found.
      The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse delivered its report into the organisation on Monday.
      It stated that: "Children are not adequately protected from the risk of child sexual abuse in the Jehovah's Witness organisation and [the commission] does not believe the organisation responds adequately to allegations of child sexual abuse."
      Survivors of sexual abuse within the church and senior church members appeared before a public hearing last year.
      The inquiry heard the church received allegations of child sexual abuse involving more than 1000 of its members over a 60-year period but did not report a single claim to police.
      In its report on the inquiry, the royal commission found that the organisation's general practice of "not reporting serious instances of child sexual abuse to police or authorities, demonstrated a serious failure on its part to provide for the safety and protection of children."
      The royal commission determined that the church's response to allegations of child sexual abuse were outdated, including a rule that there must be two witnesses to an incident, which "showed a serious lack of understanding of the nature of child sexual abuse".
      "It noted the rule, which the Jehovah's Witness organisation relies on, and applies inflexibly even in the context of child sexual abuse, was devised more than 2000 years ago," the report found.

Royal commission chairman Justice Peter McClellan. Photo: Jeremy Piper
      The Jehovah's Witnesses approach to handling claims internally was not appropriate for children or survivors of sexual abuse, the report found.
      "Survivors are offered little or no choice in how their complaint is addressed, sanctions are weak with little regard to the risk of the perpetrator re-offending."
      The head of the Jehovah's Witness community's service desk, Rodney Spinks, is considering the report and is expected respond on Monday afternoon.
      http://aunews24.com/25951/Jehovahs-Witnesses-demonstrated-a-serious-failure-to-protect-children-Royal-Commission
    • By Jack Ryan
      An article in the print edition of Wales On Sunday, an English-language Welsh newspaper, and 'sister' newspaper to The Western Mail (Mon to Sat). Wales on Sunday has a circulation of just under 10,000-copies each Sunday.
      Wales on Sunday (UK), Sunday, October 21, 2018 - page 16
      It has been a busy week for the courts in Wales with several high-profile cases being dealt with.
      Here are some of the criminals jailed this week.
      Roy Collins
      Collins was given a 23-year extended sentence after being convicted of the systematic sexual abuse of two young girls in the 1980s and 1990s.
      The Jehovah's Witness was branded as "devious, righteous and arrogant" by a judge at Swansea Crown Court.
      Read online version:
      https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/locked-up-abusive-couple-aspiring-15297903
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Speaking at the hearing, Valerie’s family described her as a “happy little old lady”.
      Daughter Alexandra Harpin, 58, said: “She liked to talk to people, and she was a very active Jehovah’s Witness until the last five to six years prior to her death.
      “She was just a normal mother, but at times she was a frightened person.
      “She feared certain things but never disclosed what it was.
      “There was nothing wrong with her mental state at all. Every time I saw her she was fine.”
      Robert McIntyre was not present at the inquest. Since then he has been the subject of Chinese whispers on the estate that has been home for 22 years.
      He told the Sunday Mercury: “I have been put through a lot of hell. What has been done to me is horrendous, but I’ve already forgiven them.”
      Now he says that bereavement, groundless accusations and the long wait to clear his name have finally taken their toll. He is leaving.
      “I’m moving,” he said. “I’ve just had enough of the harassment.”
      https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/navy-hero-not-kill-wife-15277332
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      A Special Forces veteran, publicly branded a poisoner, has broken his silence to tell the Sunday Mercury: “I did not kill my wife with weedkiller.”
      And Lieutenant Commander Robert McIntyre, who served the Royal Navy with distinction from 1963 to 1971, says the bombshell allegation will be the death of him.
      “This is going to see me off,” said the 72-year-old at his cluttered bungalow in Bloxwich, near Walsall, the oxygen machine wife Valerie used still prominently placed in the living room.
      “That’s it for me, that’s me finished.”
      Robert, raised on the Isle of Skye, spoke out after an inquest heard 88-year-old Valerie told family from her hospital deathbed: “That bastard has killed me.”
      She claimed that Robert, who became a long distance lorry driver after his military stint, had poisoned her with weedkiller, the hearing was told.
      https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/navy-hero-not-kill-wife-15277332Valerie, a devout Jehovah’s Witness, died at Walsall Manor Hospital in September 2017. Her service at Bushbury Crematorium did not take place until September 11 this year.
    • By Jack Ryan
      Item about child sexual abuse within community of Jehovah's Witnesses, RTL Nieuws (Netherlands), October 6th, 2018 English subtitles included

• Guest Nicole
    • By JOHN BUTLER
      Last September (2017),  there was internet info regarding a $66 million dollar lawsuit being filed against Jehovah's Witnesses in Canada, for Child Abuse / Pedophilia.
      I haven't been able to find out any more information this year and would be very pleased if someone could update me on outcome or ongoing situation.
      http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2017/10/23/jehovahs-witnesses-hit-with-66-million-sexual-abuse-lawsuit-in-ontario/
      This is probably not a good link to add but it's just one of many online. 
    • By Shiwiii
      Meanwhile in Montana:

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — A Montana jury has ruled that the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization must pay $34 million to a woman who says the church covered up her sexual abuse as a child at the hands of a congregation member.
      Neil Smith, an attorney representing the 32-year-old woman, says the jury’s verdict Wednesday in the lawsuit sends a message to the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ New York headquarters to stop prioritizing church secrecy over children’s safety.
      Jehovah’s Witness officials did not immediately respond to a call or email for comment. The monetary award must be reviewed by the trial judge.
      The jury dismissed claims by a second woman who alleged abuse by the same man in Thompson Falls in the 1990s.
      The jury concluded church elders did not receive notice of the second woman’s abuse and therefore did not have a duty to tell authorities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      When will this one make the jw news feed? 
    • By The Librarian
      An obsessive and controlling husband had faked a message from the police complaints body telling his wife to go to Rhyl police station to identify his body.
      Mark Perry, aged 46, had also turned up at a refuge with a neighbour's child claiming to be a family member and seeking the whereabouts of his wife.
      The story was told at Llandudno court where Perry, a Jehovah's Witness, of Sandringham Avenue, Rhyl, pleaded guilty to stalking.
      When he was sent for sentence at Mold crown court next month and refused bail he protested, near to tears: "I love my wife. I don't want to cause her any stress at all."
      The charge accuses him of between the end of July and beginning of August stalking Ysabel Andrea Perry and causing her serious harm or distress by sending texts and WhatsApp messages and trying to seek her whereabouts.
      The court heard that in one message Perry told his wife : "Sorry for the suffering I've caused you over the years. I'm unravelling it with Jehovah's help."
      Prosecuting, Diane Williams said his wife had endured threats and control and a domestic violence protection order had been granted. She'd had "disturbing" messages and texts.
      Graham Parry, defending, said the couple were Jehovah's Witnesses and they had been in discussion with elders which he preferred to the justice system to deal with their difficulties.
      Mr Parry said : "From the Jehovah's Witness point of view there's only one way a couple can separate - it's adultery, and neither has committed adultery.
      "His wife has now gone to another part of the country in a refuge that's safe.
      "He does threaten to take his own life. He does seem fairly desperate to try and get what he thought who was his wife back."
      Added Mr Parry :"He doesn't fit the mode of most defendants. It's an unusual case".
      http://www.rhyljournal.co.uk/news/16683122.obsessive-husband-charged-with-stalking-faked-message-instructing-his-wife-to-go-to-rhyl-police-station-to-identify-his-body/
    • By Jack Ryan
      Religious sect Jehovah’s Witnesses has refused to hand over documents to the public prosecutor in which an ex-member admits the abuse of a child, also member of the sect at the time, RTL Nieuws reports. Samet G, now 31, was a minor himself when the abuse of his 4 year-old niece started. The abuse continued until she was 14 and was reported to the police in 2015 when the girl and her mother left the Christian sect. A court in Breda last week sentenced G to a 9 months suspended sentence and a fine for the abuse but did not have access to the confession, which dates from 2011. G is appealing against his conviction.
      JehovahÂ’s Witnesses have their own internal committees which sit in judgement in cases of sexual abuse and do not involve the police. A record of these proceedings is made and kept. According to RTL, the public prosecutorÂ’s request for a copy of the confession was refused on the grounds that it would compromise the manÂ’s privacy and that, by law, clergymen, or in this case the elders, cannot be forced to reveal what has been told to them in confidence. Although there is doubt among lawyers that the JehovahÂ’s Witnesses elders can claim this right, the public prosecutor accepted the refusal, RTL writes.
      The sect also refuses to cooperate in an independent inquiry and, according to minister for legal protection Sander Dekker, it cannot be forced to do so. Abuse survivors According to Reclaimed Voices, an organisation that helps ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses members who were victims of sexual abuse, the minister needs to do much more. ‘If we can’t get the files via the courts we need politicians to act. Someone must force the Jehovah’s Witnesses to hand them over,’ the organisation’s spokesman Frank Huiting told RTL. CDA MP Madeleine van Toorenburg and other MPs have asked the minister to investigate if Jehovah’s Witness have the right to refuse access to documents that might shed light on a criminal case and slated the sect’s ‘culture of silence and cover-ups,’ RTL writes. Jehovah’s Witnesses are being widely accused of silencing victims of sexual abuse within the sect. The Guardian newspaper recently uncovered a case involving at least 100 victims who claim to have been abused.

Read more at DutchNews.nl
    • By Jack Ryan
      The Flemish Parliament has opened an inquiry into the child abuse policies and cover ups of Jehovah's Witnesses. The investigation is collecting complaints, not to make their stories public but to start an official investigation into the child abuse policies of Jehovah's Witness groups.
      http://www.flanderstoday.eu/politics/parliament-apologises-victims-childhood-sexual-abuse
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pastel
    Newest Member
    pastel

• Topics

• So the " great crowd"  will learn all things by themselves?  They do not need an organized  place to attend meetings? .... which is instructed by the bible to attend so we can strengthen each other? This is why I call you out as misleading and false....... where is your worldwide organization which is providing place for people of all nations to gather and worship jehovah?  And teach them live and neutrality so they truly view themselves as one nation with no borders dividing them...... There are so many other scriptures which indicate otherwise while you create an argument over the only scripture that 'may' indicate it because of an argument over a preposition....... are you changing the entire truth based on your 'desire' to start 'ruling now?    We are being 'taught ' now by that 'slave'  you hate.     But you may be running ahead about the 1000 year reign..... don't you think?   Don't be patronizing to me..... I know that because of jehovahs spirit working in them.   But the bible clearly indicates that they will judge and rule when they are in heaven......   
    • Nothing is beyond your extreme criticism lol.  Go buy yourself a little patch in London or in any other capital city like New York and see what it costs you.   If they needed a space for someone or a worker, or even for guests or whatever, they would have bought it because it was needed at the time and is now no longer needed.   Says the exceedingly worldly guy......  If they sell the property to help brothers they are wicked and if they buy it to help brothers they are wicked....... do you sound reasonable to yourselves?   Thanks to Jehovah you are not the final judges because you will put all JWs in Auschwitz......just for being JWs..... ah, you may still help the world to do that in future ..... who knows? 
    • Now I understand why many executives disallow any reports to them longer than one page. They KNOW how easy it is to be hypnotized by many words, which for some, is a finely tuned art form.
    • Lol. Same thoughts here. That is why I posted it, genuinely wondering if anyone really read it when it was first published. But then people did read a lot more 50 years ago...... but then they also might have been clueless and just, like I said, zeroed in on the number 1975, which was a mere 7 years away at the time..... If it's any consolation, I only read to about paragraph 10 😃
    • Nope we can’t blame their lack of inspiration by Holy Spirit on distance.  What they do blame it on, is Jesus.  Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food. w17 February p. 26 In light of this admittance, what is absolutely ironic is the emphasis on “pure language”. It is especially noteworthy that the language that God gives his servants is said to be pure. This is true, not because of grammatical construction, but because it gives evidence of moral and spiritual cleanness. There is no allowance in this language for lying, deceit, or a tricky tongue. Those who speak this language must always speak truth. w91 4/1 p. 24-25 The organization boasts that “pure language” is found in the organization, when at the same time its leaders fail in providing truth.  Jesus did promise to teach his faithful servants “all things”, which would be “perfect spiritual food”.  John 14:26; 1 John 2:27  Since the GB cannot receive it, neither do they receive the “pure language” from God...or anyone who learns from them.        
    • Anna: .... I tried to read all that stuff from the 1968 Watchtower you posted.  I REALLY did. But I concluded that the whole thing could probably be condensed to two short paragraphs, and to read it in it's entirety would probably be fatal to me, from the handful of caffeine tablets I would need to finish it. ...continuing with TTH's comments about John F. Kennedy being the impetus to get mankind to the Moon ..... the thought just occurred to me that with all his foibles, weaknesses, and missteps, ( Bay of Pigs .. what's THAT?), and setting the stage for the Vietnam War, etc., he was sorta like the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, with all their foibles and general cluelessness. What he did RIGHT ... makes up for everything else, with change left over. Same thing.
    • My opening scriptures were Rev 5:9,10.  If you will look again at the WT’s Greek Interlinear, it states that the kings/priests will reign ON the earth.  Do you want to change that truth, Arauna?  If you could only see that a “new creation” is both heavenly and human.  They will serve God in heaven and as the early priests were commissioned to do – teach and serve the people under the direction of their High Priest, Jesus Christ..  Mal 2:7; Rev 1:5,6; 7:15  Can God’s priesthood teach the people if they remain in a spiritual state that the rest of God’s children do not have access to?  Can they say these words and be heard if they are out of contact with God’s future children?... “And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And the one who hears, let him say, “Come!” And the one who is thirsty, let him come. The one who wants, let him take the water of life freely.”  Rev 22:17 Can “New Jerusalem” prepared as a bride, come down from heaven if it is to remain in heaven?  Rev 22:2 Remember, the “144,000” are the Temple, the Holy City.  They bring God’s Spirit/direction/guidance to His children.   And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling of God is with humanity, and he will take up residence with them, and they will be his people and God himself will be with them.  Rev 21:3 The dwelling of God is the Temple/House of God – 1 Cor 3:16,17; 1 Cor 6:19; Eph 2:20-22 So, his ability to come back to earth has now passed.  Is this what you are saying?  Where are the scriptures that support this?  I have provided scripture that show Jesus returning to the earth. And after he had said these things, while they were watching, he was taken up, and a cloud received him from their sight. 10 And as they were staring into the sky while he was departing, behold, two men in white clothing stood by them 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand there lookin] into the sky? This Jesus who was taken up from you into heaven like this will come back in the same way you saw him departing into heaven!” Acts 1:9-11 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “And let all the angels of God worship him.”  Heb 1:6  I am pretty amazed that Gen 28:12-17 and John 1:51 do not help you see that Jesus will be on the earth in the Kingdom.  I hope you actually read them.  A symbolic stairway in Jacob's vision is set up between heaven and earth.  The descendants of Jacob in Genesis, are “Israel”.  His descendants, the “144,000” inherit the earth.  Jesus referred to the stairway again in John, with his “angel”/messengers “ascending and descending” upon the Son of Man.   An anointed, refined and found faithful can be sealed while on the earth.  Yet even so, their obedience only to Christ must continue until he returns.  1 Cor 1:21,22; Eph 1:13; 4:30 Can you see you are creating a doctrine with no sound basis?  How do you know this?  You speak of unity among all in the organization, yet they are all individuals, both men and women.  You have even in error, designated that the organization's members are the Body of Christ.  But, when it comes the the true anointed Body of Christ you now say there will be no men or women, but clones as your GB portray them, once God's Kingdom arrives.  You are applying two sets of standards, which is hypocrisy.    Yes they do...in heaven.   You can see the slaves however you like, but I detect you looking through the lens of the GB who are telling all JWs lies about the anointed ones.  I see what scripture points out clearly, that the elders have usurped the role of God’s priesthood. Matt 24:15,16; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1-3; 13:6  Revelation’s “Jezebel” feeds God’s servants/slaves lies, and expects gratitude given to an organization, an idol.  Your very words speak their lies. The ancient Jezebel killed the prophets of God (1 Kings 18:13);  today’s “Jezebel” spiritually “kills” any anointed as well as their companions who see truth and reveal “her” lies.  Rev 13:11,14-17 But I have against you that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, the one who calls herself a prophetess,(Rev 13:11) and teaches and deceives my slaves to commit sexual immorality (spiritual harlotry) and to eat food sacrificed to idols.  Rev 2:20 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear, and will produce great signs and wonders in order to deceive, if possible, even the elect    
  • Popular Now