The World News Media

JW USA: Cops Investigate Attacks Against Jehovah‘s Witness Buildings In Washington State

Guest Indiana

On 4/2/2019 at 10:31 AM, Anna said:

Yes, very true. But when he/they (the "vigilantes")  get caught they will be punished.

Most of the time they never get caught. The only chance is if someone is aware of their actions and so forth, that gets your foot in the door for seeking clues, especially when people tend to sometime uses the social space to indirectly solve things.

The authorities aren't going to be interested in the reasons why they did this. So eventually they will lose out.

That is also true. Then again if it does go from minor to major, especially if an action causes death(s), they they would be hardpressing on finding out who the person(s) are, go about seeing what he or she has bought to contribute to the arson, motives, etc.

In any case, saying this is because of child abuse is just speculation. We really don't know....

Exactly, we do not know, but many are leaning on to hate crimes, especially with what is going on with Christendom on both sides today, or in this case 2018 to now and onward. Somehow, some have factored in the LGBQT community. Reason? Probably because of the stance that most Christians have. It could be other reasons, race, sex, background of a person and or group, the language they speak, some would even be set off for the fact that they have a total disdain for a person who goes to the church, or maybe they don't like the fact the church is not unisex in terms of religious office and go about attacking the church just because, other instances, someone gets his or her jollies out of watching things burn, sadly enough.

That being said, it is only going to get worse and eventually, someone is going to get hurt, be it a church goer of the faith or someone of the community.

• Views 1.4k
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inclined to adopt the philosophy of Tarzan of the Apes, on vigilante justice.   One night Tarzan was perched in a tree, watching a tribe below, and one man was awake,  tending a giant stew pot th

Now is this an attack on the 'serving of God' side of the religion, or, is it an attack against the Child Abuse side of the religion ? The JW Org is now in that unfortunate position of not knowin

Oh what a laugh you two give me.  SM. Quote "Christians will always be a primary target ... "   You are totally missing the point here SM.  It may not be Christians that it is aimed at, it c

@James Thomas Rook Jr. Situations like this are not to be joked. Mainly with the recent discussion I had elsewhere. Other than that, people tend to and willfully can take justice into their own hands if need be. A time will come where that would on an increased level and actions will be done in a way that does not require any thinking at all in which consequence after consequence will ensue. This reasons why you have some folks who teach others, their kids, etc to not 100% trust someone, especially someone who may become physical at some point with you.

7 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

@James Thomas Rook Jr. Situations like this are not to be joked. Mainly with the recent discussion I had elsewhere. Other than that, people tend to and willfully can take justice into their own hands if need be. A time will come where that would on an increased level and actions will be done in a way that does not require any thinking at all in which consequence after consequence will ensue. This reasons why you have some folks who teach others, their kids, etc to not 100% trust someone, especially someone who may become physical at some point with you. 

Are you referring to something I posted?   If so .... what?

I think most everything has a humorous component, and have a tendency to see that FIRST.

That is why I NEVER take offense at insults ... to me they are irrelevant and funny!

And please tell me again how 12 people doing the right thing is justice, but one person doing the right thing is vigilantism.

@Space Merchant  I do not like getting involved in conversation with you as it is so clear that you do not understand my English way of writing things.

Firstyl, any reference to 'Kid' is not reference to you. It is reference to Billy the Kid. 

Secondly, if i don't 'tag' you it's because I am just including you in a comment not talking directly to you.  You have often included me as Butler in comments. 

Thirdly, please look at the heading of this topic.  it is about Jehovah's Witnesses and their Kingdom Halls. I am not generalising about ALL religions. I honestly don't care about other religions. My points are only about JW's. 

Forth,  The damaging of these building belonging to JW's does coincide with the investigations Earthwide into the whole JW religion. 

Enough, my points are made. I do not think we will ever understand each other or ever agree with each other, but I wish you a good day. 

5 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I do not like getting involved in conversation with you as it is so clear that you do not understand my English way of writing things.

I understand you, but you have a sense on interjecting things into a situation and assume things to quickly with very little information.

Firstyl, any reference to 'Kid' is not reference to you. It is reference to Billy the Kid. 

Well you should have been much more clearer next time. If you do not quote people it will lead to such responses such as this. Because the other times where you reference a response to be without quoting, you made the response direct to me by merely saying SM. To which half the time I made comment of that.

Secondly, if i don't 'tag' you it's because I am just including you in a comment not talking directly to you.  You have often included me as Butler in comments. 

How hard is it to simply use half a second to click the icon? It's simple, one click @JOHN BUTLER 

Thirdly, please look at the heading of this topic.  it is about Jehovah's Witnesses and their Kingdom Halls.

In the United States. Not only the title says such, but the article itself points to it and where the crimes are being committed.

am not generalising about ALL religions.

But you generalize the people and make assumptions out of mere speculations. There is already those of the county who make speculations of the LGBTQ community regarding such.

I honestly don't care about other religions.

You will soon have to. There is a problem in which you deem is unclean, a problem in which effects you in someway, there should be a sense of care, regardless. You said it best, Butler, earth-wide. And it is not just religion, it is in every aspect of such a sense. The problem is not within the Jehovah's Witnesses, but of others also, not even us Unitarians, regardless of denomination, are immune either.

6 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

My points are only about JW's

But you are jumping to conclusions when we do not really have a whole lot of people, just like those who were quick to jump to homosexuality, which seems to be the case with what took place months ago regarding a cake.

Forth,  The damaging of these building belonging to JW's does coincide with the investigations Earthwide into the whole JW religion. 

We can see that by the article, Butler. The time frame tells us there has been previous linked attacks against their church, which is why some would deem it as a religious hate crime in some degree.

Enough, my points are made.

Points or speculation without legitimate fact? Follow the story and eventually it will piece itself together.

I do not think we will ever understand each other or ever agree with each other

I had agreed with some points you made in the past, you did the same in my case, but using a based assumption and or speculation to a situation that has little to no information is kind of jumping the gun. And time and time again people had spoken up about religious activity in the US, especially when it comes to Christians alone. Being ignorant of what is going on shows when people use little discernment, especially with the fact we had that whole fiasco with the black flag years ago and what came after that. Reasons why Christians are vigilante, and they are aware of such things.

but I wish you a good day. 

The same to you, Butler. I strongly advise you look into religious hate crimes in the United States. The more you know the better. An optional thing for you to do is to look into the statistics of such things, perhaps going back 2015 to now.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/26/half-of-all-church-fires-in-past-20-years-were-arsons/

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.