The World News Media

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Am I looking any different from the foolhardy activism your attempting to portray out of convenience and fear? 

So if a person gives a warning about something they are an activist in your opinion ?

Wow all the prophets must have been activists then. Was Jesus an activist ? Um, maybe the Jewish religious leaders thought so ? 

Why would it be convenient for me ? And what do you think I fear ? 

And Try giving some sensible answers for a change. 

As for agreeing with Tom, well you did deliberately try to put him down when he had made a perfectly sensible comment. 

I have no friends on here, but i do agree with a person's comment if it makes sense and is true. 

• Views 20k
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not ask Brother Morris, then the issue is resolved. Everything else is just embarrassing! April 19th is our MEMORIAL ceremony ❤ ♥ ☼ ♥ ❤  Thank you....

The rumor about "higher-ups" is not directly related, but it was related to the "gifts" of prime cut steaks that were sent periodically from Watchtower Farms to Brooklyn. These were never served to th

I personally do not trust a Brother who does not drink alcohol. He may be COMPLETELY and absolutely trustworthy, as most are ... but I have found that alcohol makes a person more uninhibited, an

Posted Images

Billy the Kid:  "I won’t be impressed by Liyod Evans attempt to demonize the GB just like Butler and witness. Until I see something on the news as a headline. This topic had no value, to begin with."

As Billy points the finger to the Catholic religion, which shows he is comparing the Watchtower to all other religious organizations and their sins....and which pretty much proves that the Watchtower does not belong to God....

...has any JW wondered what the world of “Christendom” thinks of what Anthony Morris did that Sunday?  JWs are to portray themselves as a “clean people”, and moderate in all things and in all habits.  Here is the perspective of someone who has never been a JW as you can tell by some of his beliefs. 

But, he has made some very important points for all JWs to consider. 

The world appears to be watching the Watchtower organization.

Perhaps we can mention another important aspect. Self-sacrifice.

The Bible, a book WTJWORG so passionately wants to promote in the lives of people, a believer, gives examples when an individual gives up on something he has the right to use or have.

Little Sophia, in a cartoon, has the all right to consume ice cream on Sunday after the meeting, BUT, "mature Christians" aka GB at JWTV, learns her and all other, she has to give up of ice cream that costs $ 1.

TM the III has the freedom to drink what he wants. But can he to give up of buying and drinking his " Sunday ice cream", on Sunday or on any day of the week. Does TM want to donate his personal sacrifice to the "Interests of the Kingdom"?

It is all about/ to show SELF-SACRIFICE to the/towards people (and to the God).

18 hours ago, Witness said:

has any JW wondered what the world of “Christendom” thinks of what Anthony Morris did that Sunday? 

I didn't listen to Lloyd Evans / Cedars yet to see what the evidence is for Sunday, but I attended the Warwick KH on a Sunday morning (they only have one meeting there on Sunday) and Brother Morris attended the Sunday meeting there, too. He was there from the beginning to the end and was even there a bit early and stayed a bit later to talk to some of the other publishers at the meeting. As far as I could tell, it seemed this was his assigned congregation. But I wouldn't know for sure. Several of the Bethelites in Warwick travel as much as 50 miles for their Kingdom Halls. But there was another GB member, and several GB Helpers at the local KH/congregation meeting in the Warwick auditorium, and they were clearly a regular part of the congregation there.

When I was at Bethel in Brooklyn I attended the local Brooklyn Heights congregation that also met on the Bethel premises. About half the GB members attended there at one point, although Sunday attendance by them was sparse due to speaking assignments, either elsewhere around NYC congregations, or even other parts of the world. Brother Morris could easily have had a speaking assignment that day in a congregation in the town where he bought the liquor.  It seems that some are trying to make this out to be a problem that he didn't buy liquor closer to Warwick. I never saw hardly any stores of any kind near Warwick as it was mostly rural. Most Witnesses who come to visit Bethel actually stay at hotels in Mahwah, NJ and other local townships, so I don't think that it is reasonable to conclude that he was going out of his way just to hide his purchases. Witnesses in these other locales have meeting times all throughout the day. He was obviously not trying to disguise himself.

On 4/1/2019 at 1:43 PM, Anna said:

"What an astonishing bit of footage"  Really? The man going out to the liquor store to buy some whiskey? 

"This is not how Tony Morris would like to be seen by Jehovah's Witnesses" Why on earth not? It's more like Lloyd Evans doesn't want to see Anthony Morris like this, because Lloyd Evans has some weird ideas about Br. Morris, and now his weird ideas have been shattered. Now he knows Anthony Morris is just like anyone else. Surprise!

Grow up Lloyd!

P.S.

There are Sunday afternoon meetings too.

He snuck out on Sunday morning to go to a liquor store (bypassing many others stores close by) out of state to spend almost $1000 bucks on whiskey. He should have been doing 'pastoral' duties that Sunday morning in the Headquarters where he lives and runs the place.

Instead he dressed up in disguise; a trenchcoat, tennis shoes, and a low billed hat to go out of state at a special 'spiritual' time to get his liquor instead of dressing up in a suit with other brothers and going like normal, or having those under him purchase it.

Many critical thinkers here believe that it belies a dishonesty. He could have picked a better time and place, and manner of dress to get his 12 bottles of high end scotch, at the least. Also, the manner of his purchase suggests a bigger problem, not only with him, but within the compound itself, if this is allowed, while they preach the opposite to the masses.

Religious leader teaches children to donate their "ice cream money" to him for God. Same religious leader gets caught buying $1000 of top shelf scotch.

This guy presents videos to teach children they should give up their "ice cream money" to donate it to the organization instead. He's literally training children to give up any enjoyable things they might want to buy, to give to him and his buddies instead.

Then he gets caught here, on a Sunday morning when he's supposed to be at a meeting or ministering, buying almost $1000 of top shelf scotch instead.

The issue is not buying or drinking alcohol. It's the hypocrisy of it. Plus the fact that it was probably paid for with donations from his followers. But that cannot be proven.

10 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

But that cannot be proven.

Actually, all the reasons you have stated for why, and the manner in which AM purchased alcohol is speculation and cannot be proven.

As for Sophia's ice cream; do you think Sophia will never have any ice cream again in her life? Obviously she will, as will real children.

13 minutes ago, Anna said:

s for Sophia's ice cream; do you think Sophia will never have any ice cream again in her life? Obviously she will, as will real children.

I could be wrong but I think Jack has a video of Caleb and Sophia swilling liquor at the store, and he is wetting himself with glee at the thought of posting it.

If he does, I will counter with my video of TM III dumping his ice cream cone in the trash so he can put still another dollar in the contribution box.

4 hours ago, Anna said:

As for Sophia's ice cream; do you think Sophia will never have any ice cream again in her life? Obviously she will, as will real children.

:))))  never on Sunday! 

... with one exception; if parents are reasonable and realistic people, they will give a child a new $ which will replace the one who ended up in the donation box. That would be 2 $ per Sunday, but children happiness is priceless !!!

Oh dear what a way to waste time. You lot must have more spare time than me :) but I'm retired.

This stupid conversation leaves behind all the serious problems within the JW Org. 

Maybe that is people's plan though.

Whilst i have a good laugh at all you so called intelligent folks talking such rubbish, i still think on more important matters. 

I hope you are all having a good day, as long as you are not hurting others. 

Someone please start a sensible topic for or against the GB  / JW Org. 

Meanwhile I'll go on my ebay page whilst listening to Joe Cocker. :) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.