The World News Media

If the Body of Christ is united and, in your estimation, it is only the eight that have gone renegade, disfellowship them already and be done with it!

TrueTomHarley

Wasn't it Terrence O'Brien during the Australian Royal Commission, who said something to the effect, "we (those at the Branch) have been doing  this a lot longer than the governing body has..."

If God puts it in their hearts, it will be done.  With God, all things are possible.  Matt 19:26

• Views 722
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will ask you this first.  In the organization, IS the anointed Body of Christ united under the Watchtower’s regulations? Watchtower 16/1 pg 24:  In addition, anointed Christians do not view the

I got that nick name because my Mom would tie a pork chop around my neck, to get the puppy to play with me.

I don’t quite know why, but I am somehow reminded of Amos Moses, who’s daddy would use him for alligator bait: Now everyone blamed his old man For making him mean as a snake When Amos Moses w

On 4/5/2019 at 5:14 PM, Witness said:

I will ask you this first.  In the organization, IS the anointed Body of Christ united under the Watchtower’s regulations?.......So, no, they are not unified. 

Wasn’t it Jesus pattern, whenever he sought to draw his disciples out with questions, to wait for them to answer before telling them what was what? This straying from his example alone makes me dubious.

In fact, my answer would have been different from the one you told me I should have. It would have been either 

1. How would I know?

or

2. I suppose so.

It would be the same as if you had asked me about the cabinet of some human government. Are they unified?  How would I know?

An assembly speaker (one of the Gentile elder Babylonian guardians, I suspect, or whatever you call them) spoke of the flow of holy spirit in one’s life & likened it to water coming from a hose. If you have turned the faucet on (asking for Holy Spirit, in his parallel) yet find that there is no water coming out the nozzle, you retrace the length of the hose to search for what you know you will find: a kink.

The fact that spiritual food comes in abundance for we lowly sheep & a considerable system of support comes with it suggests to me that there are no appreciable kinks in the gathering of the body of Christ & that whatever you are insisting that I must pay attention to is not the real thing.

Well…I fully expected you NOT to answer me because you said….

On 4/5/2019 at 8:59 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

this can be put into a new topic, but I don’t know whether I will participate or not

Besides, I left the  comment with questions, which you seem to be ignoring.  

On 4/5/2019 at 2:14 PM, Witness said:

Who stands in their way?  Who makes sure they don’t become unified? 

No appreciable kinks in the gathering of the anointed Body of Christ, you say.  When you observe the Memorial, why is it that all JWs attend? The only ones  gathered for the last supper with Christ were God's chosen ones to be the foundation of the Temple/Body of Christ.    If all believers in Christ were to be there, Jesus would have performed a miracle to feed every one of them.   Instead, scattered among all "nations", the remnant of "living stones" of God's Temple must observe a meal signifying the New Covenant with God's priesthood, with "Gentile elders" handing them the emblems.  

Here's a question.  Is this scriptural?

17 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

An assembly speaker (one of the Gentile elder Babylonian guardians, I suspect, or whatever you call them) spoke of the flow of holy spirit in one’s life & likened it to water coming from a hose. If you have turned the faucet on (asking for Holy Spirit, in his parallel) yet find that there is no water coming out the nozzle, you retrace the length of the hose to search for what you know you will find: a kink.

There certainly is a kink in Watchtower’s spiritual “hose”.  When a House Steward attempts to personally produce every provision necessary for the residents of the house, without consulting the cook, the maid, the gardener, the keeper of the books, do you think the house will run efficiently; especially if the steward has never been a gardener, a cook, a maid, or a keeper of the books?

What would motivate a House Steward to take on all that responsibility?  Why wouldn’t he seek out or “dig” for some help? Luke 16:1-4   When he did realize he couldn’t do it all, why would he appoint his own “helpers” outside of the house?  Matt 24:48-51  And, what does he tell those servants already inside the house?  Does he tell them “submit to my decision or I’ll have you fired?”  Rev 13:15-17

The House is God’s spiritual house; the anointed Body of Christ. Eph 2:20-22  Every member of His house must be put to use in the capacity God gave them.  It’s not the decision of men to regulate another’s personal gift from God; but, this is between Christ and his priest.  Eph 5:23

“For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same functionso we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.” Rom 12:3-8

"There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works [e]all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all." 1 Cor 12:4-7

"But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, 'I have no need of you'; nor again the head to the feet, 'I have no need of you.' 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no [h]schism (division) in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it." 1 Cor 12:20-26

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the [e]edifying (building up) of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ  Eph 4:11-13 

And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more."  Luke 12:42-48

Each anointed one receives a “portion” of Holy Spirit, to be used properly and not to be squandered away at the demand of a wicked steward/slave.  1 Cor 1:21,22    In the organization, this is exactly what is taking place. Matt 24:48-51

17 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The fact that spiritual food comes in abundance for we lowly sheep & a considerable system of support comes with it suggests to me that there are no appreciable kinks in the gathering of the body of Christ & that whatever you are insisting that I must pay attention to is not the real thing.

I was raised on plenty of potatoes, a lot of spaghetti, peaches and pears from our trees, and trout that my father caught in the spring and summer.  I had never tasted an avocado or a pomegranate until I moved away, which became some of my favorite foods; even though as a child I wasn't deprived of food.  We don’t miss what we have never had.  2 Chron 15:3; Lev 26:26; Ezek 4:10-13; Amos 8:11; Rev 3:17; 6:5,6  Until the Body works uniformly in providing spiritual food as God expects it to, you will not know what you are missing, since the anointed in the organization are not allowed to contribute to the production of spiritual food.  Isa 55:1,2; Rev 22:17  

As the quote from the WT states:  

23 hours ago, Witness said:

“So anointed ones do not think that they are better than others. They know that Jehovah does not necessarily give anointed ones more holy spirit than he gives his other servants. And they do not feel that they can understand Bible truths more deeply than anyone else.” WT 16/1 p. 22, par 6

Pearl Doxsey - 4womaninthewilderness blogspot

"A Hidden Famine - A Hidden Feast"

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.