The World News Media

Does the Kingdom of Jesus Need Human Defenders and Human Defenses in shape of WT Lawyers?

Srecko Sostar

John 18:36

"Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now, My kingdom is not of this realm.” 

In JW Broadcasting for March 2019 moderator used this verse and explained in 11:17 of video:  Because the Kingdom of Jesus is not of human origin, it does not need human defenses.

After such bold claim of GB Helper i need to ask: Why Jesus' "Earthly Part of The Kingdom", in the form of a WTJWorg organization, having lawyers and the Legal Department? WT lawyers dealing with defenses, actually, of various kinds. They are engaged in defending the Kingdom's interests here on Earth, representing the King and his Kingdom in front of the secular authorities and courts, leading legal battles for the freedom of religious expression in the name of Jesus, defending individuals or groups of JW believers, and the like. The Legal Department has the task to preserve, to defend all material goods allegedly belonging to the King of Jesus, from those who oppose the Kingdom and the Kingdom.
So, this word, to defend, nowadays takes on, obviously, a different meaning from what Jesus was said and showed in the words and in practical event, quoted at the beginning. It seems that some people feel the need and the obligation to defend Jesus by defending all the things that they think is related to Jesus and what supposedly belongs to Jesus. 

If Jesus Kingdom IS NOT from this World, why believers aka JW Lawyers have strong need to do, in fact, OPPOSITE of  Jesus' Teaching revealed in Bible? Why to defense Persons, Church, Organization, Material Possessions, who/which all IS FROM this World?

Jesus' Kingdom EXISTED already in 1 Century, because Jesus gave claim: "My Kingdom is not of this world". He is not speaking about His Future Kingdom, but about that one that existed in His days. If He was King, and He was, because he claimed that he had Kingdom while He was said this in front apostles - MY KINGDOM. 

Jesus told Peter, DO NOT DEFEND ME, and DO NOT DEFEND MY KINGDOM, ....... BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO DEFEND MYSELF AND MY KINGDOM!

• Views 262
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.