The World News Media

what does 1914 really teach?

Shiwiii

wt and jws believe 1914 was the parousia of Jesus and His being enthroned king. After Jesus resurrection He made this statement" 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 

If at this time when He was with the disciples after His resurrection He had all authority, what then is there for Him to acquire in 1914? Isn't "All authority" already the qualities of a king? What more authority is there to gain if He has it all? 

• Views 280
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wt and jws believe 1914 was the parousia of Jesus and His being enthroned king. After Jesus resurrection He made this statement" 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on ear

I hope JWs pay attention to your post, Shiwiii.  Yes, I agree that having  "all authority" qualifies one to kingship.   "And also, corresponding to this, baptism now saves you, not the removal of

Good additional supporting scriptures.  It just doesn’t make sense,  1914, there is just too much scripture against that date being when Jesus became king.  Then that leads to the question of why

I hope JWs pay attention to your post, Shiwiii.  Yes, I agree that having  "all authority" qualifies one to kingship.  

"And also, corresponding to this, baptism now saves you, not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, with angels and authorities and powers having been subjected to him."  1 Pet 3:21,22

"having been subjected" - 

KJV:  angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

AMP:  with [all] angels and authorities and powers made subservient to Him.

NIV:  with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

"A declaration of Yahweh to my lord,
Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies your footstool.”
 Yahweh will send out your mighty scepter from Zion;
rule in the midst of your enemies.  Ps 110:1,2 

Stephen, when being stoned to death:

But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, looked intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.  And he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”  Acts 7:55,56

Here, he stands, with authority and power to accuse Stephen's persecutors.  Why doesn't the Watchtower want to recognize Christ's ruling authority since he received it? 

Adding another scripture:

But from now on the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the power of God. Luke 22:69

And, using Ps 110:1,2 we can see that while he is seated at God's right hand, he is ruling as King.  

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.