The World News Media

Jack Ryan

in the Bible the word paradise is only said 4 times, and only once (during Jesus’ crucifixion) is it said to possibly mean the earthly paradise.

So the paradise is a lie. The lie was pushed by Rutherford when they realized that the religion was growing too fast, so they had to figure what to do about everyone else. Paradise is a fabrication, a lie, and is the reason anyone joined in the first place.

Apparently between 1928 and 1942 the number of witnesses went from 44,000 to 115,000.  that is some very rapid growth.

• Views 561
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It simply isn't the case that the Earthly paradise is a lie invented by the JWs. It does seem to be a Bible teaching and is not believed by only the JWs but millions of other Christians in various dif

Jack I think you are cracking up man. I dislike the GB and it's JW Org too but I'm not looking to turn against God or His written word. Matthew 6:9-13 New International Version (NIV) 9 “This

Looks like Jack never knew the Bible or what he is about.   

where some bible's have the word "earth", the original Hebrew should more accurately be translated "land". This gives a much different context.

Essentially those verses are saying that the Jewish people would maintain possession of the promised land. Doesn't really fit with the concept of a bunch of immortals living on a paradise on earth as the JWs would have it.

------------------------

there are no original hebrew versions of Matthew, but the modern hebrew does use the word for land and not earth.

Young's Literal Translation also uses the word land.

Do you know if it is literally "land" in the original greek text of that verse?

It simply isn't the case that the Earthly paradise is a lie invented by the JWs. It does seem to be a Bible teaching and is not believed by only the JWs but millions of other Christians in various different Christian denominations and sects. And in the "Watchtower religion" specifically, that doctrine did NOT come from Rutherford but came from Charles Taze Russell, who by the way, was influenced by Adventist preachers George Storrs and Henry Grew. The JWs can actually trace our roots back to the so-called "Second Adventist" movement in the mid-19th century USA which itself came out of the Millerite movement which itself was part of the "Second Great Awakening". Really interesting history if you ever get time to truly discuss.

Jack I think you are cracking up man. I dislike the GB and it's JW Org too but I'm not looking to turn against God or His written word.

Matthew 6:9-13 New International Version (NIV)

“This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.

“You must pray, then, this way:+

“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name+ be sanctified.*+ 10 Let your Kingdom+ come. Let your will+ take place, as in heaven, also on earth.+

Luke 11:2-4 King James Version (KJV)

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

I think that is proof that Jesus said to pray for God's will to be done here on this Earth.

God's will is surely to restore all things to the perfection that He created. 

If you add to that the scripture about the 'resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous' then it brings it all together a bit. 

As for 'the Jewish people', you know that as a nation they lost God's blessing and the guidance of His holy spirit way back when they murdered Jesus. They lost their chance of being the anointed or heavenly class. But you know all that anyway, you are just desperately looking for some reason to hate the JW Org more. 

Chill out Jack. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.