The World News Media

THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE

Witness

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Ok, so you’re not writing some e-pamphlet about a crazy anointed woman apostate.  That’s good to hear.  I'll accept that as truth.

I didn’t say that.

However, I have no such plans at present. Interaction on this thread is all that I have in mind right now. 

Maybe something on my own blog as well, but if so, names will be changed.

And possibly a few hundred million flyers printed up and dropped by blimp over major metropolitan areas. 

Other than that, nothing at all.

As you know, I am never mean-spirited. And whenever there are exceptions to that rule, it is only like tribulation that lasts ten days.

• Views 4.9k
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@BillyTheKid46 aka Allen Smith.  I'm just wondering why you have @Foreigner click the angry red arrows for you?  I marvel at your game-playing.  

Hi, I also wonder, why @Foreigner giving me so much red arrows too ? ...... and not giving any comments on my post, just downvote reaction :))))) perhaps man only know to read and not to write. Even i

I believe you have asked me this before, and I wonder why you ask again.    I would pray for the power to open all eyes of those who revere the organization. Rev 13:4  I would pray for the power

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I didn’t say that.

However, I have no such plans at present. Interaction on this thread is all that I have in mind right now. 

Maybe something on my own blog as well, but if so, names will be changed.

And possibly a few hundred million flyers printed up and dropped by blimp over major metropolitan areas. 

Other than that, nothing at all.

As you know, I am never mean-spirited. And whenever there are exceptions to that rule, it is only like tribulation that lasts ten days.

Oh dear.  Watchtower blood is pulsing through your veins.  They also regularly contradict themselves.

The speaker of your “special talk” asks,

“What is the real life?  It’s life everlasting

He quotes from the “What can the Bible teach us” book, page 203:

In the future, we will live forever; not just for 70 or 80 years, we will enjoy everlasting life, in perfect health, peace and happiness in a beautiful paradise. 

This is called bait, to draw new listeners in, get them baptized into the organization and then hit them hard with…

Those misled by Satan the Devil after the millennial Judgment Day is over will follow this invisible chieftain who has just been released by Jehovah God from the abyss for the very purpose of letting him make an attack upon restored mankind.  
ka chap. 9 pp. 147-162

A “restored mankind”… who would be following God’s ways that He has taught them through the blessings of the Kingdom; everlasting blessings. 

When has God ever sent affliction on His people when they were FOLLOWING His decrees; and that occurring while Satan has authority over the earth? Lev 26:14-16; Deut 6:3; Ps 86:11

If you have a child with a good, obedient heart, who willingly listens and follows your direction, are you going to deceive him with a dangerous fabrication just to see if he disobeys you? Is it not our intention to give our obedient child the best life we can, never wanting to deliberately send him into a trap?

I also must ask you the same question the speaker asked, “why make the “real life” your goal”…if there is a large chance that you will suffer death a thousand years into your “real life”?

All of this is preposterous. Satan is behind this “real life” theory.  Judgment day is now.  If anyone believes it is both, that one is listening to men and not Christ, nor are they obedient to his teachings.

John 12:48; Ps 96:13; 1 Cor 4:5; John 12:31

So, dear Tom, what do you think about this? Are we not being judged for everlasting life at this moment?  What does “everlasting”, uninterrupted eternal life mean to you?  Are there exceptions to the rule?

I've seen you mean-spirited, but I didn't count the days.

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

“A patient man am I, down to my fingertips.

The sort who never would,

ever could 

let an insulting remark escape his lips.”

Really? An ordinary man, who desires nothing more than an ordinary chance, 
to live exactly as you like, and do precisely what you want... 
An average man you are, of no eccentric whim, 
Who likes to live your life, free of strife, 
doing whatever you think is best, for you

I do see that in you.

So, will you contemplate and meditate on the questions I asked and get back to me?

11 minutes ago, Witness said:

to live exactly as you like, and do precisely what you want

Never have I seen anyone so in love with the notion of instructing others, 

who writes a long passage & and subsequently comes back to it, asking what the reader gleaned from it—never for one second doubting his obligation to read it, nor the certainty that the words constitute pearls of wisdom that would bestow light if only...if only...the reader would let himself be molded by them.

who was so ready to regard me as her star pupil when I but asked a few simple questions, and was so crushed to learn that it was not so.

19 minutes ago, Witness said:

So, will you contemplate and meditate on the questions I asked and get back to me?

I’m asking the questions here, ma’m. 

As naturally as the sun rises, you assume the right to hurl the most incendiary charges at faithful men striving mightily and delivering much amidst continual and often unhinged opposition. You become so nasty at times that even @The Librarian (that old hen) has arisen to rebuke you.

And only after a single year in the JW organization! It took but a single year to claim the heavenly calling & to shortly thereafter know that everyone else was doing it wrong & that YOU could instruct the sheep better than they! It’s unbelievable!

I’m asking the questions here.

55 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

And only after a single year in the JW organization! It took but a single year to claim the heavenly calling & to shortly thereafter know that everyone else was doing it wrong & that YOU could instruct the sheep better than they! It’s unbelievable!

You have it all wrong. Yes, I was anointed that first year.  Are you questioning God's reason for anointing me?  I did, for my entire time as a JW.    Please go back to the link I provided you, to understand.  Please, this time read it.  And my last post was not lengthy in comparison to the initial post, keeping your impatience (no, you are not patient when it comes to reading scriptures) in mind.   Shouldn't you make sure you get your facts straight?

55 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I’m asking the questions here, ma’m. 

Yes, you are.  But no one has told me I'm not allowed.  Remember, you were telling me that a "good teacher" uses questions....and doesn't provide the answer.  I await your comment.  

56 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Never have I seen anyone so in love with the notion of instructing others, 

Only two people have called me a teacher, (which by the way is a "gift" within the Body of Christ) - Pearl Doxsey, another anointed one, and you.  I, on the other hand, feel very IN-adequate at fulfilling my calling, if indeed, it is as a teacher; always questioning my accuracy in the scriptures and clarity.  I have never boldly told anyone that I was a "teacher" in the Body.   Holy Spirit compels an anointed one to do the Father's will, and in my case, it is to sound the truth and reveal the lies.    Rev 11:1-3; Zech 4:6 

Perhaps, just perhaps there is a little bit of natural inclination to teach, after raising three sons, teaching special needs children and kindergartners.  :)   

7 hours ago, Witness said:

Perhaps, just perhaps there is a little bit of natural inclination to teach, after raising three sons, teaching special needs children and kindergartners.  :)   

I also worked with people with special needs. It was the most emotionally rewarding job that I have ever had,

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2008/06/a-willowbrook-l.html

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I also worked with people with special needs. It was the most emotionally rewarding job that I have ever had,

https://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2008/06/a-willowbrook-l.html

I enjoyed your account, Tom.  A “mentally retarded” individual came into my life when I was four years old.  As I grew older, I became his guardian, saving him from ignorant comments of bullies and searching the alleyways when he would wander off as a free-spirit.  As an adult, he never took to the meetings at the kingdom hall because no one used the sign of the cross.  He did though, love to give unexpected hugs to those who were not afraid of saying hello.  JWs generally gave him a wide berth, pretending that they didn’t see him.  I could never understand why.    Dementia can settle in when those with Downs get older.  His cognitive days are numbered now.

This is way off topic, which is about the chief cornerstone of God's Temple.  I noticed that David Splane mentioned Christ as the chief cornerstone in his "promotion" talk, but never explained what it meant.  

11 hours ago, Witness said:

Are you questioning God's reason for anointing me?  

The question that a more humble person might ask is: “Are you questioning that I am anointed?” The only qualification you have displayed for being anointed is to say that you are. Nice work if you can get it.

Am I questioning it? No. However - and this is key - neither am I confirming it. How would I know? I can only observe that your input does not square very well with what I have come to expect of ones anointed.

Let me tell you of my experience with those who have partaken of the emblems. There were 5 of them in a city congregation I once attended—I almost think 6, though they did not all overlap. This was extremely unusual. It was rare for a congregation to have even one anointed. Were they all truly anointed? Again, how would I know? However, the demeanor of some gave serious pause for thought.

One chugged the wine at a Memorial celebration in defiance of ones who she thought might be doubting her calling. Another one would stare in the most spacey way and instantly made anyone uncomfortable. He was part of a large influx of interconnected young people in the early 70s that came into the truth and he was legendary among them for having had consumed great quantities of LSD. I actually came to like him because he never ever was critical and his response to anyone that was was that they should allow love to smooth it all over, but one could only get so close to him because he weirded everyone out. I think I would be better at it today and I wish I still had the opportunity.

Were these two truly anointed, in your estimation?

There were three others. All began partaking ‘on my watch.’ I liked them all, or at least did at one time. One who used to be very hospitable, ever quick to extend herself for others, in time became so critical of congregation matters that the fifth anointed (I’ll get to her presently) ceased association with her. Another, prior to his partaking, had been appointed an elder, and the C.O, in observing that he met the scriptural qualifications, nonetheless confided to the BOE: “He’s not the most humble person in the world.” 

He used to impress impressionable one’s by stating something or other from history, and if they would question it, he would assert that he knew “because he was an historian.” In time I told him to knock it off. He was a history buff. An “historian” was a recognized, usually published, authority, and the only one who recognized his authority was him. He actually is published now, I am told. He has authored a few apostate books.

Before leaving the congregation (I honestly don’t remember the circumstances of either—only that I was not a part of it) he became such a close associate of the aforementioned anointed (had one ‘recruited’ the other?) that there was talk of immorality—both were married—but to my knowledge that was never proven.

The fifth anointed sister I gave the memorial talk for. Her son said prior, when I asked him for input, that he wanted her heavenly hope to stand out. I said ‘no can do’ but then assured him that he would be happy with the talk, which he was. I observed somewhere along the line that so-and-so gave indication of the heavenly calling and that some of us might scratch our heads and say ‘how can that be?’ My answer: Be there in the new system and then you will find out—we don’t have to know everything.

She had been out of the truth for many years, stumbled over a matter that could be expected to stumble more persons than not. She began partaking soon after being reinstated. She was a family friend, as were the preceding two. If I was given the assignment to rate them, she would have been the closest one to genuine—maybe they all were, or maybe none of them were—but she would have been the closest in my estimation. if you were invited to her home, you knew that you were in for a scriptural discussion, and yet the impression she leant was totally unlike you (this is a little unfair, because I know you only through your posts, whereas I knew her in person) in that she avoided any impression of being full of herself or of instructing. Her demeanor was more like that of a coach. She was fully cooperative with congregational arrangements in every way, unlike the preceding two, but similar to the LSD-imbibing one.

I’ll go one more, from the sister congregation. This was an elderly sister also model in her speech and conduct. Nobody questioned her anointing, though I learned much later to my surprise that her own fleshly sister had her doubts. I don’t want to harp on the following because everyone is capable of saying some dumb and pious thing, but when I asked her to fill in for a Bible study while I was away—it was with the elderly Czech woman who I think I have told @Annaabout, the woman who, in hindsight, probably came to regard me like a grandson, and who faded from the picture just as I was getting married—she responded to an offer of refreshments by quoting Jesus: “My food is to do the will of the One who sent me.” My student kept commenting about this when I returned. “It is theater!” she sputtered.

I throw the experience in because it is in accord with a tendency suspected with anointed persons to come across as pious. Or did it lend support to her sister’s suspicions that hers was not truly genuine? No idea here. But what I have been told and have come to believe about those anointed is that they do not in any way put themselves above others in the congregation, much less talk down to them.

Your move, lady. (I see that you have just answered, so this comment and yours might not have any bearing upon each other)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.