Witness

• Views 9.5k
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You crack me up Billy. The level in which you interact with others is very telling.    Also, it doesn't hurt my feelings if you down vote my posts. It actually makes me smile..........becaus

Oh @JW Insider it's probably not worth the effort to answer you but I have a bit of time before my darling wife puts my dinner on the table for me. Let's start with a Quote "You probably know tha

@BillyTheKid46  Are you really using the Romans 13 scripture to mean the GB ? Are you joking ? The Superior Authorities to whom we pay taxes are worldly governments. Surely even you can understan

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Outta Here said:

Amateur drivel 

I agree.

He should have used clip on wireless microphones with the receivers plugged into the mic jack of his video camera,  I have AZDEN mic system that will take two wireless clip-on microphones on separate channels and combine them at the camera. 

It would have made for much more consistent sound when he was outside.   Also ... there was no explanation about what the SUBJECT of his disfellowshipping hearings was all about, ( all hush-hush ... can't tell you...) so it seems that his whole spiel was about an ignorant and clueless CO, of which we know from experience, there is no shortage.

No news there.

I was once explaining to s high ranking Elder type about how I view duty to put up with the shortcomings of the Elders sort of like being in the Marines, and you have to obey the officers even though ..... and he cut me off in a loud angry voice "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT THE MARINES!" ...  and so I was not able to explain my viewpoint at all.

And that elder had ASKED .... for.... my viewpoint.

What he accuses is entirely believable, ONLY because I have seen similar things over and over and over.  He, however, provided no proof .. or even relatable context to make HIS story anything but noise.

Although the author of this video may have some legitimate concerns, he did not provide any background information, such a "who?, what?, when?, where?, how?, and /or why?", so like his compressed air train horns for his truck, although impressive, had no meaning.

Without enough information to check any story he might be trying to tell for accuracy, it is worth what it is.

NOISE.

Fool me a hundred times   .jpg

There's a simple message in this video that doesn't require watching all 10 of them, or waiting to hear the "rest of the story".  The reason  I posted it is only to show the contradiction of Watchtower’s teachings, and what the consequences are for not having FAITH in the organization. Rev 13:4  What was told him on the day of baptism is also quoted in the Bible Teach Book:

Baptism represents something very important. When you are immersed in water, it means that you have died to, or abandoned, your former way of life. When you come out of the water, you will begin a new life doing God’s will. It shows that you will serve Jehovah from now on. Remember that you are not dedicated to a human, an organization, or a work. You have dedicated your life to Jehovah.  "Should I Dedicate My Life to God and be Baptized?"  par 24

Hundreds of people are disfellowshipped every year for rejecting the organization, but STILL maintain their faith in God and Christ.  What the C.O. stated is exactly what the organization believes.  Rev 13:15   If one doesn’t put faith in the organization, their faith is garbage.   

Watchtower 79/3/1, pg 12-18, the article is entitiled, "FAITH IN JEHOVAH'S VICTORIOUS ORGANIZATION"

God is NOT an organization.  We are to put faith only in Him and His Son.  

“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. Exod 20:4-6

Only those who see the hypocrisy and face the day they question it, will understand what this man is going through.    I just hope there is a JW here asking the same questions as this man has.  

3 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

The word “garbage” is of course propaganda.

3 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

However, it would be nice to see what the overseer actually said. 😉

I agree that we (as listeners of this video) are in position to accept or reject this testimony in full or partially. .....BUT..... having knowledge of "the other side" (CO, elders) it would not be surprising that some of them are so sure in own authority and spirituality, self-righteousness to such measure/level in which some of them would dare to make proclamation how someone's faith is "garbage". Of, course we don't know what looks (what was looked) like relationship between CO and this man before this KH parking lot conversation.   

GB Helper quote: "That person's relationship with JHVH is forever ruined. JHVH discards the person like a piece of garbage."

GB terminology: sinful person is garbage

CO terminology: someone's (person's) faith is garbage

"Garbage" is in WTJWORG lexic. And can be using for determining some person's spiritual or literal position inside WTJWORG or in front JHVH God.

21 hours ago, Witness said:

Hundreds of people are disfellowshipped every year for rejecting the organization, but STILL maintain their faith in God and Christ. 

It really is not about rejecting the organization, it's because not everyone who has faith in God qualifies to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. It's about rejecting God's standards. For example, you may have faith in God, but believe the Trinity. Or you may have faith in God but see nothing wrong with celebrating Christmas, or practicing homosexuality, or living an immoral life style, or smoking......etc.

2 hours ago, Anna said:

It really is not about rejecting the organization, it's because not everyone who has faith in God qualifies to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. It's about rejecting God's standards. For example, you may have faith in God, but believe the Trinity. Or you may have faith in God but see nothing wrong with celebrating Christmas, or practicing homosexuality, or living an immoral life style, or smoking......etc.

You are saying it is assumed that all those disfellowshipped for rejecting the organization, will reject God's standards as well.  I doubt the elders have the ability to peer into the future and determine that the person they are disfellowshipping , will soon become trinitarians, homosexuals, etc. 

God's standards require rejection of idolatry.  Exod 20: 4,5; Judges 10:14; Isa 44:9;46:3-5; Acts 4:12; 7:49-51; 17:24;25; Rev 13:1:4-7

God's standards require rejection of false prophesy.  Deut 18:20-22; Ezek 13:9; Matt 7:15-20; 24:24; 2 Tim 4:3,4; Acts 20:28-30; 1 John 4:1; Rev 13:11,15

JWs may say they have faith in God, but practice both idolatry and tolerate false prophesy.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.