Last Reply

Replies

Views

Witness -
Srecko Sostar -

Top Posters

2 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

seat in Moses chair

The disciples and many others have been listening. Now Jesus addresses them, warning about the scribes and the Pharisees. Those men have “seated themselves in the seat of Moses” to teach God’s Law. - source jworg

Do you believe this text is only meant for secular authority?

It seems how, after new interpretations on "secular authority", you put yourself on Moses seat :)))) Or you just copy/paste some WT magazine. If yes, tell the source.

How do you understand the cited text?

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing

Do you believe this text is only meant for secular authority?

According to your new light, donation money from now have new name - taxes?! And for what purpose? For service of those who governing in WTJWORG. Well, I see from this that JW's have PAID CLERGY, according to this understanding of Bible words.

:)))))) very good 

@BillyTheKid46  Are you really using the Romans 13 scripture to mean the GB ? Are you joking ?

The Superior Authorities to whom we pay taxes are worldly governments. Surely even you can understand that ? 

You are proving day by day that you are not a JW.  

The only power the GB have is what they give themselves and what their servants (most JW's) give them.

The GB has no power given by God or Jesus Christ. 

On 5/17/2019 at 8:05 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I would just like to remind you that until Jehovah God "overthrew" and replaced the old Jewish System, Jesus HIMSELF commended the unnamed widow for supporting the corrupt system that they all had to endure.

Jehovah had his Son fully submissive to the "old system" of governance ... and until Jehovah overthrows the CURRENT system (and there is nobody on Earth that can disfellowship the Governing Body) ... Jehovah's Witnesses are "The Only Game In Town".

Jehovah set the example of doing what he could... with what he had to work with.

Jesus gave the early disciples the signs of that coming system’s demise and when those who still remained in Jerusalem, were to leave.  The Romans had already set up authority over Jerusalem, the “Holy City” and temple.   They were the “abomination”/Gentiles standing in the “holy place”.  Matt 24:15  The Roman army represented their emperor, carrying his iconic image and the image of the legion, and were bestowed with honor.

“When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that its desolation has come near. 21 Then those in Judea must flee to the mountains. Those inside the city must leave it, and those who are in the country must not enter it, 22 because these are days of vengeance to fulfill all the things that are written. Luke 21:20-22 

Jesus warned them to leave and flee to the mountains.  Matt 24:16  They were not to stick around upon recognizing this threat.  Those that remained in Jerusalem until its fall, lost their lives – millions of them. 

There is another fulfillment of these scriptures – a spiritual fulfillment.  Today’s “Temple” in the anointed ones is “surrounded by armies” – the “Gentile” nation of unanointed elders.  While the anointed must remain “humble”, the elders are bestowed with honor.  The elders have breached the “temple walls” carrying their lies and setting up an “abomination of desolation”. Dan 11:31  This “royal priesthood” is restricted in the way they are to worship, they must rely on the “daily sacrifices” coming from an “emperor” and his army, and not on truth from Jesus Christ.  Matt 21:33; Neh 1:3  They are powerless and scattered.  Rev 13:1,2,5-8

In addition, anointed Christians do not view themselves as being part of an elite club. They do not seek out others who claim to have the same calling, hoping to bond with them or endeavoring to form private groups for Bible study. (

Hello guest!
) Such efforts would cause divisions within the congregation and work against the holy spirit, which promotes peace and unity.—Read 
    Hello guest!
. WT 16/1 p.24

God gave them Holy Spirit to teach the people. Mal 2:7; 1 John 2:27  In the Watchtower, they are refrained from utilizing this gift by offering  “daily sacrifices of praise.” that  are to come from their heart; not from an elder body who delivers rotten food from a wicked slave.  Matt 24:48-51 (1 Pet 2:5,9)

Many people will say Matt 24:15 doesn’t have any further fulfillment.  But notice Rev 11:1,2 which was written after Jerusalem’s downfall:

Then I was given a measuring reed like a rod,[

Hello guest!
] with these words: “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count those who worship there. But exclude the courtyard outside the temple. Don’t measure it, because it is given to the nations,[
    Hello guest!
](Gentiles)
 and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.  Rev 11:1,2

The “holy city” is the Temple/New Jerusalem and the dwelling of God – the anointed ones.  (Gal 4:26;Rev 21:2)

Don’t you yourselves know that you are God’s temple and that the Spirit of God lives in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is holy, and that is what you are. 1 Cor 3:16,17

Has the dual power in the organization “destroyed” the anointed ones/God’s temple?  Spiritually, yes.  They have been replaced by the elders, and have allowed “images” of an idol/ organization to over-run their worship.   They obey the elder army and are excluded from speaking and uniting in truth under Jesus Christ. 

2 Thess 2:

“Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him: We ask you, brothers and sisters, not to be easily upset or troubled, either by a prophecy[

Hello guest!
] or by a message or by a letter supposedly from us, alleging that the day of the Lord has come.Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way. For that day will not come unless the apostasy[
    Hello guest!
](rebellion)
 comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits (rules) in God’s temple, proclaiming that he himself is God.”

If we remember Wt’s latest admittance that Christendom is not anti-typical Jerusalem, then we know where this message will have its fulfillment, which is where the true Temple/anointed ones are gathered and surrounded, by an “army” of spiritual, “uncircumcised Gentiles”.   It is in the WT that the proclamation has been made concerning the “day of the Lord”, as 1914.  The apostasy/”man of lawlessness”/”Gentiles”/”abomination” over God’s spiritual Temple is evident. 

When we perceive this, we are to flee.  Remaining inside is a treacherous proposition.  But as we know, the WT uses deceit to hold God’s Temple members and their companions, hostage to a lie.

"To survive, we must keep our faith strong and loyally worship Jehovah with his organization...May each one of us stay close to Jehovah and move ahead with his organization"ws14 5/15 pp. 21-26 

And may each one, "listen, obey, and be blessed" by following their regime, not to the structure God has already outlined within the anointed Body of Christ.

Pearl Doxsey - First the "wall"...then the entire "Temple"  4womaninthewilderness

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If there is a choice between two equally well thought out answers to a conundrum ... the one with the fewer words is probably the right one.

Or do you just lack concentration time span ? :)  

7 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Or do you just lack concentration time span ? :)  

Many words put people into an "Alpha State" of mind, which lowers their mental acuity dramatically.  When someone can answer a question with one sentence, and I get a half-hour dissertation on the history of the Universe. I either walk away, or interrupt with "Is there a bottom line to this story?"

I have found most three day Assemblies can be covered in a two page email.... and save three days, and $400.

33 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I have found most three day Assemblies can be covered in a two page email

This is so only if you are spiritually impervious and the bulk of what is offered bounces off you like skipping stones on a stagnant pond.

(I am being very mean to JTR lately. I want to apologize to him for a previous mean reply and I am just about fixing myself up to do it when he posts some crass &.attacking remark that recalls to my mind why I insulted him in the first place>)

TTH: Because I never take offense ... ( Invariably a sign of neurotic insecurity, living in a fragile fantasy world of mental construct, or other mental instability ...) give it your best shot !

I gives me a rational, non-pushy excuse for a broadside rebuttal!

The worst that can happen is I get a hernia from belly-laughing!

24 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

This is so only if you are spiritually impervious and the bulk of what is offered bounces off you like skipping stones on a stagnant pond.

Noaw that the GB is no longer preaching types/antitypes out the Wazoo, prophesys that never come true out the Kazoo,  and juggling Gog of Magog and King of the North like live chain saws, the 85% drivel is slowly evaporating ... but the 15% core truths that are valuable and irreplaceable can be stated in two pages.

That includes our ENTIRE theology.

The part that is not clueless pontification anyway.

I would include some imogis (emojis?), but I did not download the worksheet from the Society's web site of how to decide which one to use, and I do not want anyone to think I am flirting with you

Talking of flirting, that is what the Assemblies are for. Finding a mating partner to procreate, after getting married of course. 

Well, have to keep the numbers up in the 'flock'.  All the young dudes put on their tight suits and the dudesses dress up in sexy clothes and very high heels. Does it meet with God's approval ? Well God created man and woman to be attracted to each other so as to keep the human race going. Lets not pretend it doesn't happen. 

I did notice in the last couple of years of my time in the Org, that older folks stopped attending assemblies. Travel for older folks can be a bit much, but i think it was boredom too. It's a lot of hassle to learn nothing new. 

Even in ancient days, Assemblies were VERY important ... but they discussed theology, economics and military strategy, and agriculture and animal husbandry, and judicial matters, as well as keeping the gene pool strong, through long distance marriages.

I used to ( and still would, except that they are grown and on their own...) insist that Assemblies are VERY important .... if for no other reason than to find an exceptional mate ... which two out of three of my children did in fact do, and my Daughter is still single.

Assemblies are too far for my wife and I, and we have six dogs and 20 chickens ... the dogs need insulin twice a day, and the chickens needing fresh water five times a day.

And I and my wife need a nap, to avoid dying in mid-step in the  living room like one of our overworked Elders did, in his living room.

When I lived and worked in Roanoke Virginia, I met several old brothers who had NEVER been out of Roanoke County, which, like an elephant graveyard, is where all the ugly Sisters go to die.

It appears Butler and Srecko don’t understand American English if it wasn’t with a lot of humor attached to it.

How silly, is the misapplication of a stated text be by those blind enough not to read and understand the context. I guess Jesus was correct about the blind leading the blind.

The good thing, there are 3-year-olds with greater intelligence than what is being displayed here. I must admit, I found the comment of "new light" hilarious.

This is why James, attempting to sidestep the ideology that the Watchtower GB took that position of the 7 instead of thinking they earned it, makes me think, He doesn’t understand what Titus meant to Paul and the reason why Paul sent Titus ahead.

Maybe someday, you’ll learn to understand the highlighted portion of a text, before commenting, and apply them to the argument at hand. This will give someone a clue, that a self-appointed anointed cannot possibly have that title if that person continues to break Biblical laws.

Keep it up, people, you are the laughing stock of Bible understanding.

Another reason not to have a poor teacher as a self-proclaimed anointed to guide the blind.

Another good reason not to waste my time, with deaf and blind opposers, with this subject anymore.

7 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If there is a choice between two equally well thought out answers to a conundrum ... the one with the fewer words is probably the right one.

The long and the short of it is that there is a “disgusting thing” – an “abomination of desolation” – a “Gentile” army of elders – ruling over/sitting/standing in the “holy place”; which is the Temple/anointed priesthood. 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17 

If we perceive this absolute reality, we are to FLEE.

2 Chron 13:9;  Num 18:7; Ezek 44:6-9; Dan 11:31; Matt 24:15,16; Luke 21:20-22; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev.11:1,2

This will give someone a clue, that a self-appointed anointed cannot possibly have that title if that person continues to break Biblical laws.

It is very disheartening to see how you degrade people, more so than any person I have ever met; whether they are your "brothers" or your enemies.  Each one receives the same degradation as the next.  I am never disappointed in how you fulfill that role.  

Biblical laws are the Word of God in Christ.  I follow Christ; you follow men.  I think you mean I have broken men's laws that you perceive as coming from Jesus Christ.  This is called blind slavery to men's lust for power.  2 Cor 4:4

Don’t you know that if you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of that one you obey—either of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness? Rom 6:16

You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of people.  1 Cor 7:23

knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord. You serve the Lord Christ.  Col 3:24

For am I now trying to persuade people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.  Gal 1:10

Put no more trust in a mere human, who has only the breath in his nostrils. What is he really worth?  Isa 2:22

29 minutes ago, Witness said:

It is very disheartening to see how you degrade people, more so than any person I have ever met; whether they are your "brothers" or your enemies.  Each one receives the same degradation as the next.  I am never disappointed in how you fulfill that role.  

This is hilarious coming from a person that has been hell-bent on trashing the Watchtower GB. Can you even hear yourself think? However, show me, one good Brother, here? As for enemies (opposers) I treat them exactly the way they treat me, and as scripture states as unbelievers that don't deserve my undo attention. 😁

Therefore, your suggestion and commentary are meaningless, since those that have known the law need to repent to be considered part of Christs Body once again. Where do you and your kind stack up to God's commands? 😉

Try to practice what you preach. Then it will take a 1000 fold to be considered and anointed. The first thing an anointed learns, Don't break God's commandments, regardless of how one feels inward. 🤔

A true JW does not support opposers. A true JW doesn't incite disagreements or sow discourse to make a book. A true JW doesn't come out of the Bethel Family to trash the GB the same way you are doing. A true JW doesn't support opposers conspiracies like that of 1975. So, don't get sanctimonious in telling me, there is my kind of brothers here since I can go on and on. 😪

If you still haven’t figured it out, Proverbs 6:14, Proverbs 6:16-19,

Romans 16:17-18 New International Version (NIV)

17 I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18 For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

Titus 3:9-11 New International Version (NIV)

But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.

Did I not mention Titus? Did I not already subscribe the remedy earlier? How much more can the blind go before the other senses kick in? Why should I eliminate God’s laws to accommodate anyone here?

James. Laughed at me earlier, because he believes I'm in the same level as people here, but does he know the difference between arguing to maintain God’s sovereignty? Rather than just argue to cause divisions. He doesn’t? Which one good brother can I count on here that hasn't done this within God's Commands and Watchtower understanding.

However, I will gladly start to comply with that commandment of "have nothing to do with them" from this point on.

I will stick to the talking points of mishandling, misrepresenting, and misapplying published articles or script. What I won't do anymore is have anything to do with opposers and those that support opposing views. Peace Out!

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

This is hilarious coming from a person that has been hell-bent on trashing the Watchtower GB. Can you even hear yourself think?

I do, and I realize that at least you wear your heart on your sleeve; while the GB members feign piety as they direct each person who resists their headship when choosing Christ instead,  to be cut off from all family and friends...and marked as "dead".  This also includes those who know that a lie is always a lie, and truth is always truth.  John 15:16  Little does the GB realize how this can relieve the oppressive load men put on men for their selfish gain.  Matt 5:10,11; 10:39; 19:29; John 16:2; Matt 13:22; 2 Tim 4:3; Rev 13:15; Jer 6:13

• Similar Content

• By Bible Speaks
      How did you learn the Truth? 
      I was raised in the Truth. ?

• By JOHN BUTLER
      "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,"
      2 Timothy 3 v 16
      Was this in it's way a small prophecy ?                 
      The 2nd book of Timothy was written 65 C.E.  However 1,2,3, John and Revelation were written much later.
      So we have two points, 1. The writings were not complete when Paul wrote that information. 2, The Bible had not been constructed so no idea would have been formed as to what the Bible would contain. 
      Were there other writings ? Would they be considered as Scripture? 
      It seems that Paul was inspired to write that "All scripture is inspired.... " 

• By Bible Speaks
      “Send out your light and your truth. May these themselves lead me.” Psalm 43:3.  JEHOVAH is very considerate in the way he makes his purposes known to his servants. Instead of revealing the truth all at once in one blinding flash of light, he enlightens us progressively. Our trek along life’s pathway might be compared to a walk that a hiker takes down a long trail. He starts out early in the morning and sees little. As the sun begins to rise slowly over the horizon, the hiker is able to distinguish a few features of his surroundings. The rest he sees in hazy outline. But as the sun continues its ascent, he can see farther and farther into the distance. So it is with the spiritual light that God provides. He allows us to discern a few things at a time. God’s Son, Jesus Christ, provided spiritual enlightenment in a similar manner. Let us learn how Jehovah enlightened his people in ancient times and how he does so today.

• By Srecko Sostar
      "clear, pure water of truth" ?? ...and famous question that can be hear from platform and in witnessing "Would you drink water from a glass with just one drop of poison in it?"

Water That Leads to Life
      ..."Jehovah’s Witnesses invite you to taste the pure waters of truth." .....
      [Picture on page 9]
      "You can find the ‘waters of truth’ at your local Kingdom Hall"

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By Jack Ryan
      In paragraph 9 of this weeks Watchtower it was talking about how children’s comments at the meetings can prompt newly interested ones to recognise the ring of truth.
      I donÂ’t recall ever hearing it referred to as the ring of truth before. Is this a new phrase theyÂ’re going to try and get everybody using along the lines of, the truth, the brotherhood, this wicked system of things, etc etc.

• By Queen Esther
      THE  TRUTH  ABOUT  CHRISTMAS......
      The year was 1928, when Jehovah's people came to understand the God-dishonoring roots of Christmas. Since then, the pagan roots of Christmas customs have become general public knowledge..... but few people have made changes in their way of life as a result. But, Jehovah's Witnesses are always willing to make the needed changes in order to become more acceptable as servants of Jehovah God.
      When shown that celebrating the birth of Jesus had actually become of greater interest to people than the ransom provided by his death; that the revelry of the holiday and the spirit in which many gifts were given did not honor God;  that the magi whose gift-giving was being imitated were actually demon-inspired astrologers;  that parents set an example for their children in lying by what they told them about Santa Claus;  that  "St. Nicholas"
      (Santa Claus) was admittedly another name for Satan the Devil himself;  and that such festivals were, as acknowledged  by Cardinal Newman in his "Essay on the development of Christian Doctrine" were "the very instruments and appendages of demon-worship"  the church had adopted....  When made aware of these things, Jehovah's Witnesses promptly and permanently ceased having any part in  Christmas  celebrations.
      Jehovah's Witnesses do have good times with their family and friends. But, they do not participate in holidays and celebrations that are linked with pagan gods (as is true of such holidays as Easter, New Year's Day,  May Day and Mother's day).  Read, 2.Cor. 6:14-17.  Like the early Christians,  Jehovah's Witnesses do not even celebrate birthdays. They also respectfully refrain from sharing in national holidays, that memorialize political or military events and also refrain from giving worshipful honor to national heroes.
      WHY ?
      BECAUSE  JEHOVAH'S  WITNESSES  ARE  NO  PART  OF  THE  WORLD !
      Reference, Proclaims Book,  pages  198-200....
      ( by  Brother  Roger B. Elder )     Thank  you  Brother  Elder !
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Transcript - Promoting Love and Respect for Truth.pdf
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • By Jack Ryan
      Governments who support “religious freedom” over the equal human rights and dignity of others condone, and even endorse discrimination.

Tim Rymel, M.Ed., Contributor Author | Educator | Dad
      In April, Russia’s Supreme Court labeled Jehovah’s Witnesses an extremist religious group. “It effectively means that holding their beliefs and manifesting them is tantamount to a criminal act in Russia. They risk new levels of persecution by the Russian authorities,” said international legal counsel, Lorcan Price.
      In America, most of us think of Jehovah’s Witnesses as that occasional Saturday nuisance. They interrupt our morning breakfast or afternoon chores to tell us their version of the Christian faith. They cheerfully drag their families along for quiet strolls through the neighborhoods, and pass out Watchtower Magazines for us to throw away later.
      Annoying? Yes. Disruptive? Usually. But extremist? That depends.
      Growing up in the Pentecostal faith, I was taught that Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, and Catholics were not Christians. Anyone who converted to those, or other non-mainstream Christian sects, was deceived by the devil. Though we didn’t use the word “extremist” to define those religions, we certainly saw them as a threat to the true people of God who were susceptible to “false teachings.”
      Religion, to paraphrase Merriam-Webster, is generally a belief in the supernatural with a commitment to keep up the attitudes and practices surrounding that belief. In other words, religion is more than just a belief it is an action. For some, that means attending church on Sundays. For others, it means killing people for believing the wrong things, or believing in the wrong way.
      The BBC noted that Al Qaeda’s purpose is to avenge “wrongs committed by Christians against Muslims.” The organization wants to implement a “single Islamic political leadership,” and drive away non-Muslims from areas it deems belong to the nation of Islam.
      ISIS, on the other hand, is a group of Scriptural fundamentalists who believe all other Muslims are apostates. William McCants, director of the Project on US Relations With the Islamic World at the Brookings Institution, says that ISIS wants “to restore the early Islamic empire called the caliphate and eventually take over the whole world.”
      Most of us can agree that Al Qaeda and ISIS are extremist groups. After all, they plan and implement terrorist attacks. They kill people, sometimes brutally. But is violence the only indicator of religious extremism?
      It could certainly be argued that when a religion becomes violent it becomes extremist. But even Christianity, in it’s many definitions, has a sorted history, which is seldom talked about and often dismissed. From the Spanish inquisition to the convert-or-die tactics used on Native American Indians, Christianity has been used to commit horrific acts of violence throughout the centuries. Judaism, from which Christianity arose, recorded shocking details in the Torah of the slaughter of entire populations, including women, children, and animals.
      Any religion, which purports to, alone, have all truth, and to, alone, have a direct line of communication to God, has a propensity toward extremist ideology. As University of Notre Dame Professor, Gary Gutting, points out:
      Any religion that denies the value and humanity of others is an extremist religion. Whether those actions lead to direct harm, or simply reduce protections through legislation, extremist ideology seeks to create one class that is believed to be more valued than another.
      The grandstanding that fundamentalist Christians have done since marriage equality passed in 2015 has created a growing, and disturbing trend toward extremist Christianity.
      The Oath Keepers, a vigilante Christian group, vowed to protect Kentucky County Clerk, Kim Davis, when she refused issuing a marriage license to a gay couple. They stated the judge in Davis’ case “needs to be put on notice that his behavior is not going to be accepted and we’ll be there to stop it and intercede ourselves if we have to.” And then, in an ironic twist to the story, the infamous Westboro Baptist Church, of “God hates fags” fame, picketed Kim Davis because of her multiple divorces and remarriages.
      Since then, dozens of “religious freedom” bills have been introduced across the country with the sole purpose of reducing or eliminating protections for the LGBT community in housing, employment, benefits, and even where they can go to the bathroom.
      The problem, of course, is that “religious freedom” is based on nothing more than a belief. Governments who support “religious freedom” over the equal human rights and dignity of others condone, and even endorse discrimination. In any such environment religious extremism is the outcome, threatening the very existence of democracy.

• By The Librarian
      “What Is Truth?”
      THAT question was cynically posed to Jesus by the Roman Governor Pontius Pilate. He was not interested in an answer, and Jesus did not give him one. Perhaps Pilate viewed truth as too elusive to grasp.
      Pilate indifferently rejected the opportunity to learn such truth. What about you?
      Learn more about Jesus Christ:

• By Bible Speaks
      25 "Therefore, now that you have put away deceit, each one of you speak truth with his neighbor, because we are members belonging to one another." (Eph.4:25) NWT
      Don't let your ears witness what your eyes didn't see. Don't let your mouth speak what your heart doesn't  feel.    Live a honest life for Jehovah! 

IMG_8907.mov
    • By Bible Speaks
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. "But we have renounced the shameful, underhanded things, not walking with cunning or adulterating the word of God; but by making the truth manifest, we recommend ourselves to every human conscience in the sight of God."
      (2 Cor. 4:2)

• By Bible Speaks
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. O Jehovah, who may
             be a guest in your tent?
      Who may reside in your holy mountain?
        Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. The one who is walking faultlessly,
      Practicing what is right
      And speaking the truth in his heart."
                 (Psalm 15:1,2)       Do not let your mouth say       what your heart doesn't feel. 
    • By Bible Speaks
      What Does the Bible Say About Christmas? ???????
      The Bible’s answer
      The Bible does not give the date of Jesus’ birth, nor does it say that we should celebrate his birthday. As McClintock and Strong’s Cyclopedia states: “The observance of Christmas is not of divine appointment, nor is it of NT [New Testament] origin.” Instead, an examination of the history of Christmas exposes its roots in pagan religious rites. The Bible shows that we offend God if we try to worship him in a way that he does not approve of.—Exodus 32:5-7.  History of Christmas customs
      Celebrating Jesus’ birthday: “The early Christians did not celebrate [Jesus’] birth because they considered the celebration of anyone’s birth to be a pagan custom.”—The World Book Encyclopedia.
      •December 25: There is no proof that Jesus was born on that date. Church leaders likely chose this date to coincide with pagan festivals held on or around the winter solstice.
      •Gift-giving, feasting, partying: The Encyclopedia Americana says: “Saturnalia, a Roman feast celebrated in mid-December, provided the model for many of the merry-making customs of Christmas. From this celebration, for example, were derived the elaborate feasting, the giving of gifts, and the burning of candles.” The Encyclopædia Britannica notes that “all work and business were suspended” during Saturnalia.
      •Christmas lights: According to The Encyclopedia of Religion, Europeans decorated their homes “with lights and evergreens of all kinds” to celebrate the winter solstice and to combat evil spirits.
      •Mistletoe, holly: “The Druids ascribed magical properties to the mistletoe in particular. The evergreen holly was worshiped as a promise of the sun’s return.”—The Encyclopedia Americana.
      •Christmas tree: “Tree worship, common among the pagan Europeans, survived after their conversion to Christianity.” One of the ways in which tree worship survived is in the custom of “placing a Yule tree at an entrance or inside the house in the midwinter holidays.”—Encyclopædia Britannica.
    • By Bible Speaks
      @caribbeangiirll shares with us: “My sister and I are out in service working the territory in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles. It was our first time doing territory work here since both of us were living in Canada and took the truth there. We had so much fun sharing the good news here.”
    • By Bible Speaks
      @almaguers123 from Corpus Christi,Texas, USA shares with us: “Our first part as a family!!! My husband finally made the truth his own and was baptized this year. So happy we almost couldn’t contain ourselves. Thanks to Jehovah’s undeserved kindness we are enjoying many blessings together.” Baptisms Corpus Christi Texas USA
    • By Bible Speaks
      "Ride in the cause of truth and humility."—Ps. 45:4.
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Thope
    Newest Member
    Thope

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.