Jump to content

TrueTomHarley

How the New European Data Law Will Affect Jehovah’s Witnesses - My Take

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TrueTomHarley -
Srecko Sostar -
101
1582

Top Posters


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I suppose that you agree with posibility..........people are without excuse etc....

Not a possibility, a fact.  All who ignore "God's invisible qualities"... "are  inexcusable". Or so the Scripture says? I don't know what your "Mandatory" gobbledegook is about.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

IF Bible or Part of Bible is addressed Only to Specific Class of People, than we can conclude how Only Such Class have Special Obligation to Text and Message in Text. 

This is your conclusion. It, and it's complicated sub-clauses (unquoted), bear little resemblance to your original assertion that declaring the Bible as a message for all is (almost) contradicted by recognising that parts of it have specific application. This assertion is wrong despite it's ambiguity, so any further application of these ideas to specifics is irrelevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2019 at 10:22 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

Simplified editions of text in WTJWORG publications is normal result and normal need, not just for poorly educated secular people, but because  WTJWORG advises only few years of standard, basic education for JW members as something that is ALL they need in this World without Future...I see that you not supporting this trend in Organization, but that is how it is:)))

 

And it is how it always has been. And it is how it should be.

The “uneducated and ordinary” governing men of Acts 4:13 always remained uneducated and ordinary. The “For you see his calling of you, brothers, that there are not many wise in a fleshly way” of 1 Corinthians 1:26 always remained the case. The “wise and intellectual ones” that do not think Jesus’ teaching worth their time never reassesse their view.

Those identifying themselves as Christian are often embarrassed over this, and seek to present it as a distressing circumstance that they grew out of—“Yes, we may have started out lowly, but look at how we have pulled ourselves up by our own bootstraps!” they say. They should not reason this way.

If the education of this world was worth the paper it was printed on, it would have been reflected in better conditions today. Surely today’s education model must take responsibility for the world is has collectively created. Very seldom are national leaders poorly educated. Typically they have gone to the finest universities.

Usually when something doesn’t work, it is discarded. In the case of “education,” however, the assumption is that more of it is needed—education is the way out, its advocates say. 

Generally speaking, those of the greater world are smarter than us. However, most of their schemes will come to nothing because they do not know how to get along; they do not know how to overcome greed; they do not know how to overcome class division or racial division. They sell what knowledge that they do have—you’d better have substantial funds on hand, or plan on going into deep debt—to benefit from their knowledge. One “educated” person in the Witness organization is worth 50 in the overall world because they do not put up pay walls, nor engage in turf wars. They discard the baggage of education that so plainly has not worked and cherry-pick the parts—subjects of pure practicality and applied science—that do work.

A main subtheme that lies just below the surface of those who look down upon Witnesses is the latter’s sense of superiority due to having “higher” education—elitism is as strong as any force, and as misplaced, as any of the other ones that divide people and keep them from reaching but a fraction of their potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

And it is how it always has been. And it is how it should be.

The “uneducated and ordinary” governing men of Acts 4:13 always remained uneducated and ordinary. The “For you see his calling of you, brothers, that there are not many wise in a fleshly way” of 1 Corinthians 1:26 always remained the case. The “wise and intellectual ones” that do not think Jesus’ teaching worth their time never reassesse their view.

Those identifying themselves as Christian are often embarrassed over this, and seek to present it as a distressing circumstance that they grew out of—“Yes, we may have started out lowly, but look at how we have pulled ourselves up by our own bootstraps!” they say. They should not reason this way.

If the education of this world was worth the paper it was printed on, it would have been reflected in better conditions today. Surely today’s education model must take responsibility for the world is has collectively created. Very seldom are national leaders poorly educated. Typically they have gone to the finest universities.

Usually when something doesn’t work, it is discarded. In the case of “education,” however, the assumption is that more of it is needed—education is the way out, its advocates say. 

Generally speaking, those of the greater world are smarter than us. However, most of their schemes will come to nothing because they do not know how to get along; they do not know how to overcome greed; they do not know how to overcome class division or racial division. They sell what knowledge that they do have—you’d better have substantial funds on hand, or plan on going into deep debt—to benefit from their knowledge. One “educated” person in the Witness organization is worth 50 in the overall world because they do not put up pay walls, nor engage in turf wars. They discard the baggage of education that so plainly has not worked and cherry-pick the parts—subjects of pure practicality and applied science—that do work.

A main subtheme that lies just below the surface of those who look down upon Witnesses is the latter’s sense of superiority due to having “higher” education—elitism is as strong as any force, and as misplaced, as any of the other ones that divide people and keep them from reaching but a fraction of their potential.

So the Lawyers of JW Org / Wt are not highly educated. The designers of the new HQ / Bethal are not educated. 

The designers of the means of translation into all the world's languages are not educated. 

Your GB are not educated. The Board of Directors are not highly educated.

In fact it seems by your opinion that no one in the W/t or JW Org is educated. 

Um, so i wonder how they wriggle out of paying the fines and compensations that they should pay.

i wonder how they've managed to fight court battles to get the freedom to preach in many places. 

I wonder who does the accounts at the top. 

I wonder who arranges planning permission for so many K/hs earthwide. 

And now you will probably try to pretend it is done with God's guidance through Jesus Christ. 

This stupid idea of trying to compare the times of Jesus and his disciples/apostles, with the times right here and now, is so pathetic. Even comparing now to 100 years ago is stupid. Here in the UK people could do and say things years ago that they cannot do or say now. There was working class hands on work here that is not here now. So all this comparing means nothing. 

Education means being able to support a family properly.

It also means, what the GB does not want, that people can do research in books, on the internet and communicate in many ways. All you are doing is being a parrot to the GB and it's Org. You are trying to convince people that having a good education is a bad thing. 

As for your stupid idea about higher education causing the troubles here on this earth. YOU well know WHO causes the troubles here on this earth. It is the Devil and his Demons. Matters not what education you have, you can be serving the devil even if you have the lowest education available. In fact in my opinion, if you do not try to gain knowledge then you are not using the brain that God gave you. 

Just one tiny thought, bloodless surgery and cell salvage, invented by whom ? Uneducated were they. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not relevant to this topic, but, having spent all day taking photos and listing things on Ebay, then looking at my email notifications, i had 43 from this forum. 

Having swiftly gone through them I've concluded that my time was definitely better spent listing on Ebay.

There is nothing really spiritual on here. Nothing of importance. People, including me, acting like children, so it's only fit for a laugh, not upbuilding in any way.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Probably something like the 'This generation' scripture now means 5 generations twice removed. 

Could be anything, the GB make it up to suit themselves. 

 

I thought you were being serious when you said the Witnesses need a new message, and I thought you knew what that message should be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anna said:

I thought you were being serious when you said the Witnesses need a new message, and I thought you knew what that message should be

I think i said something like they will be teaching a new message not need a new message, but i could be wrong. 

@TrueTomHarley I'm only spending one hour on my 'puter' this morning and my wife is in the next room (kitchen) . We often discuss spiritual matters (even though she was told not to by an Elder) and i do relate the funny things from this forum. My wife spends much of her time with the children and grandchildren, which I tend not to do. A man does not own his wife neither does a wife own her husband, we are both free to do our own things within reason. Once again things were different in Bible times when a man had 'husbandly ownership' over his wife...............

@BillyTheKid46 You honestly make me laugh. You read scripture, you know about how wicked life was back in Bible times. You know about how many thousands of people were killed either as armies or individuals. But you seem frightened to relate it to present  times. You know how Jesus was murdered, yet you cringe at the thought of the GB being murdered. I'm not saying it will happen but I'm saying that enough people in the USA have enough hate for the GB that one or a group of them could do it.  God could allow it to happen just as God allowed the Romans to destroy Jerusalem and murder thousands of people that were once God's chosen nation.

In fact i have even more fuel to add to that fire since I've been reading about the 'fire power' you guys seem to have in your own homes. If you have it so does thousands of other people in the USA. We tend to have knives here in the UK. I only carry a knife up in the woods in case i get attacked by a big cat :) .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, BillyTheKid46 relates that he owns a .50 BMG, which could be a long range target rifle, like snipers use to kill someone a mile away, hiding behind a brick wall, or could refer to Browning 50 caliber MACHINE GUN, capable of shooting in excess of 500 rounds a minute,  weighs about 60 pounds and can chew up a car a half mile away.If I had one, I would sell it, as the machine guns are worth about $25,000 on the legal market.

His arsenal is bigger than mine, with that sniper rifle, and other weaponry he has mentioned.

2019-05-28_005441.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Yeah, BillyTheKid46 relates that he owns a .50 BMG, which is a Browning 50 caliber MACHINE GUN, capable of shooting in excess of 500 rounds a minute,  weighs about 60 pounds and can chew up a car a half mile away.If I had one, I would sell it, as they are worth about $25,000 on the legal market.

2019-05-28_005441.jpg

Why would a person that says he is a servant of the true God have any guns at all. 

I thought the bible said turn the other cheek, be prepared to give up all your material possessions and your home, be prepared to die for your 'brothers'. 

I think there is a strange scripture whereby Jesus tells his disciples to carry a sword so that a certain prophecy would be fulfilled. But I don't think that, well maybe, the GB could stretch that scripture to mean machine guns too. :) 

I worry even more about the Kid now, and as I've said I don't think he is a JW at all. Maybe he is the one that will do it. 

8 men, 500 rounds per minute. Half a mile away. Um, the mind boggles. 

But religious people and people in high positions get shot at all the time. 

    Hello guest!

    Hello guest!

    Hello guest!

    Hello guest!

    Hello guest!

Just to remind you that we are living in dangerous times and these things do happen.  It just seems that I am the only one willing to talk about it. 

It looks like being 'civilised' just means you can kill people from a greater distance. Well I suppose you don't get splattered with the blood that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

It looks like being 'civilised' just means you can kill people from a greater distance. Well I suppose you don't get splattered with the blood that way. 

The point is ... that you don't get splattered with YOUR OWN blood.

Jehovah highly values all blood .... but I would like to keep my body full,  with no leaks.

As far as it depends on you ... be peaceable with all men.

...sometimes it does not depend on you.

Even the Society, not known for common sense, does not restrict gun ownership for defense except for appointed Elders and such ... which is a very good idea, actually.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The point is ... that you don't get splattered with YOUR OWN blood.

Jehovah highly values all blood .... but I would like to keep my body full,  with no leaks.

As far as it depends on you ... be peaceable with all men.

...sometimes it does not depend on you.

Even the Society, not known for common sense, does not restrict gun ownership for defense except for appointed Elders and such ... which is a very good idea, actually.

 

Even the Society, not known for common sense, does not restrict ? 

Now this is an important point. Because it looks as if you are looking at the 'Society' for approval here. However, how does God or Jesus Christ feel, that is much more important. 

And does the Society, God, Jesus Christ,  like Billy's machine gun too ? 

Also, and i must admit to just being cheeky here, this comment of yours.

As far as it depends on you ... be peaceable with all men.

...sometimes it does not depend on you.

Is this what the churches use as an excuse to go to war ?  WW2 comes to mind. 

How far does protecting your own home / family / friends go ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another point totally off topic as usual. I think the 'Society' allow / agree with, 'gambling' on the Stock Exchange, but don't allow doing Lotteries or other forms of gambling. My brother's daughter lost thousands on the stock exchange.  i don't understand it  so can't give more details but i do know she was not happy :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not looking to the Society for approval ... I am looking to them to use common sense, and mind their own business. The Apostles were armed at Passover and the Memorial. (Luke 22:36)  That's good enough for me.

And Billy probably only has a long distance  target rifle, not a machine gun (probably), typical of what snipers ALSO use.

Just because prostitutes wear shoes does not mean all people that wear shoes are prostitutes!

Of course, if their shoes have stiletto heels, are fluorescent red, curl up in the front and have a fuzzy ball on the toes, well ............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Another point totally off topic as usual. I think the 'Society' allow / agree with, 'gambling' on the Stock Exchange,

The society regularly (daily) gambles with contributed money on the various Stock Exchanges.

But if you or I buy a $2 Lottery ticket ... SPOINNNNG! ... out we go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The society regularly (daily) gambles with contributed money on the various Stock Exchanges.

But if you or I buy a $2 Lottery ticket ... SPOINNNNG! ... out we go.

I bought shares 100,000 shares of TWNM (The World News Media) just before you and Billy escalated your knock-down drag-out fights.

I am now a gazillionaire who never needs to think about money again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If you break that gazillion dollar bill ... be sure to get in in $4's and $8's.

The $4 dollar bill has BrunHillary's picture on the front, and the $8 dollar bill has her picture on the front AND back.

The $100,000 dollar bill in the Game of Life has (or used to) G. I. Luvmoney’s picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The society regularly (daily) gambles with contributed money on the various Stock Exchanges.

But if you or I buy a $2 Lottery ticket ... SPOINNNNG! ... out we go.

But be serious on this one. Surely the Stock Exchange is still gambling ?

So isn't that hypocrisy ?  

I do the UK lotto and have no bad conscience about it. After all, a person can go into a pub for a beer, but he doesn't want to get drunk, so i can gamble for a little win, but i don't love money or want to be a millionaire. 

Common occurrence with TTH, if a truth about the Org is brought up in conversation, turn it into a joke to avoid giving truthful answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Forum Statistics

    60,027
    Total Topics
    109,216
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    16,187
    Total Members
    1,592
    Most Online
    Raymond Darner
    Newest Member
    Raymond Darner
    Joined




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.