The World News Media

How the New European Data Law Will Affect Jehovah’s Witnesses - My Take

TrueTomHarley

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

If it is Prime than it is Not Only Method

Of course not. The condemnation of those referred to at Romans 1:20 is not because of their ignorance or rejection of the Bible.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

in WTJWORG exists explanation that Bible (or some parts as you explained) is written for, primarily for, or only for special Class

This is just a non-argument. Lots of the Bible was written specifically for groups, even individuals. That is not a basis for concluding that no one else is allowed to read from or will not benefit from it. This is ABC stuff. 2Tim.3:16.

• Views 3.3k
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have got a great way to minimise our Not-At-Homes. We've been doing it for years: Not Homes.mp4

Re making interest by way of bank or stock market: (Matthew 25:24-27) 24 “Finally the slave who had received the one talent came forward and said: ‘Master, I knew you to be a demanding man, reapi

Yikes! No “data-gathering” according to the new privacy law. What to do? As far as I am concerned, this is a blessing in disguise. Jehovah’s people will adapt. They always do.  I even think

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Basically Tom, because it's me they you and Billy have a dig at. 

You know, it IS a remarkable coincidence. I can see why you might think it. However Billy takes digs at everyone—even me, sometimes, though at the moment there is an tenuous truce between us.

10 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

There is more than one person named John. Why would you think that I am speaking of you?

I remember my Scoutmaster, Mr Riley, speaking of John, when I was in my teens, during a Scout Troop campfire.

Someone who appeared quite dead had asked him if he was going to be here when John  got here?

He replied, yes he would be here when John got here.

Then an apparition appeared, dragging chains while floating above the ground, and asked the same question. "You gonna be here when John gets here?"

He again replied he would be here, when John got here.

Then ......  a huge two ton scaly monster appeared with bloodied fangs and claws and glowing red eyes, covered in stinking gore appeared in the campsite, and asked

"You gonna be here when John gets here?

Mr. Riley replied  "If you ain't John ... I'M GONE!".

1 hour ago, Anna said:

Interesting. So you must have some ideas on what this message should be. Care to share?

Probably something like the 'This generation' scripture now means 5 generations twice removed. 

Could be anything, the GB make it up to suit themselves. 

19 hours ago, Outta Here said:

Romans 1:20

"... so that people are without excuse."

I suppose that you agree with posibility how WTJWORG individuals are also included in this group of those who are Not Excused, because of Mandatory Doctrines that was/are put on people by JW Leaders? 

19 hours ago, Outta Here said:

This is just a non-argument. Lots of the Bible was written specifically for groups, even individuals. That is not a basis for concluding that no one else is allowed to read from or will not benefit from it. This is ABC stuff. 2Tim.3:16.

I did not give  Pseudo-arguments when mentioned how Class of, literal  number, 144000 is separate from other JW members, and how exists idea that Bible or NT as Part of Bible is just or only for them. Such idea has grown  inside Organization before we were born.

And i did not said Nothing about Who is or Who is Not Allowed to Read The Book. :)) I did NOT offer any Basis for Concluding something in that way. 

I just made comment about WTJWORG idea that IF Bible or Part of Bible is addressed Only to Specific Class of People, than we can conclude how Only Such Class have Special Obligation to Text and Message in Text. Other people have not if they don't want. Perhaps those other people, who are not members of Class, fall under different Measures, Rules than 144000. Let say, they fall under Natural Conscience as God's Prime Law written in First Human. Or, they fall only under TWO Main, Ultimate Laws - Love God and Love people! :))  

On 5/26/2019 at 10:22 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

Simplified editions of text in WTJWORG publications is normal result and normal need, not just for poorly educated secular people, but because  WTJWORG advises only few years of standard, basic education for JW members as something that is ALL they need in this World without Future.

Why is it, then, that tracts of the past were written with more substance? Is it because they were all smarter back then, having gone to college? 

Why don’t you ask JTR about that?

(However, DON’T try to tap him for the next generation of tracts.)

No. They are simplifying the tracts to reflect today’s reading level. No need to read anything more into it than that.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:46 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

One thing that lends credence to the idea that Jehovah's Witnesses really are God's people is how well we do IN SPITE of the Governing Body ... not because of it.

They chase away a LOT of people.

Look how organized the Latter Day Saints are, and how they accomplish their work.  Although, I would guess many Mormons may share your sentiments, that in spite of this ruling entity, they see how well they do in spite of them - over 16 million members.  

The First Presidency

The First Presidency is the highest governing body of the Church. Its members are special witnesses of the name of Jesus Christ, called to teach and testify of Him throughout the world. Members of the First Presidency travel around the world to speak to members and local leaders; when not traveling, they counsel together and with other general Church leaders on matters affecting the worldwide Church, such as missionary work, temple building and spiritual and temporal welfare.

Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is the second-highest presiding body in the government of the Church. Its members travel the world as special witnesses of the name of Christ and serve under the direction of the First Presidency.

Presidency of the Seventy

The Presidency of the Seventy consists of seven General Authority Seventies who are called by the First Presidency and given authority to preside over the various Quorums of the Seventy.

General Authority Seventies

General Authority Seventies preach the gospel and serve as special witnesses of Christ to the world. They assist the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the world.

Presiding Bishopric

The Presiding Bishopric consists of the Presiding Bishop and his two counselors. Each holds the office of bishop, and they serve under the direct supervision of the First Presidency. The Presiding Bishopric is responsible for many of the Church’s temporal affairs.

Etc, etc. Looking at the "Quorum of the Twelve Apostles", I could see how they could chase away a lot of people.  

As we know, the Mormon religion is based on lies even though they preach about the Christ.    2 Cor 11:4

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I suppose that you agree with posibility..........people are without excuse etc....

Not a possibility, a fact.  All who ignore "God's invisible qualities"... "are  inexcusable". Or so the Scripture says? I don't know what your "Mandatory" gobbledegook is about.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

IF Bible or Part of Bible is addressed Only to Specific Class of People, than we can conclude how Only Such Class have Special Obligation to Text and Message in Text. 

This is your conclusion. It, and it's complicated sub-clauses (unquoted), bear little resemblance to your original assertion that declaring the Bible as a message for all is (almost) contradicted by recognising that parts of it have specific application. This assertion is wrong despite it's ambiguity, so any further application of these ideas to specifics is irrelevant.