The World News Media

UN Group Condemns Russia’s Abuse of Jehovah’s Witnesses

Guest Indiana

Guest Indiana

The UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention has categorically condemned the arrests of Jehovah’s Witnesses and demanded that Russia immediately free the worshippers. On May 29, 2019, the opinion of the special UN investigative body was rendered in the case of Dmitriy Mikhaylov v. Russia. The arrest of Dmitriy Mikhaylov, from Shuya (Ivanovo Region), was found to be religious discrimination. The document stresses that the “findings in this opinion apply to all others in the situations similar to that of Mr. Mikhaylov.” We publish the whole document in Russian.

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19060517-905.html

mikhailov4091.jpg

• Views 535
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have stated on the Archive at least twice before, months ago,  that it is my considered opinion that Vladimir Putin will rectify the injustices towards Jehovah's Witnesses before 2020.  It is a

Posted Images

I have stated on the Archive at least twice before, months ago,  that it is my considered opinion that Vladimir Putin will rectify the injustices towards Jehovah's Witnesses before 2020. 

It is also my considered opinion that the reason is that he will do so is simply that he thinks like an adult, although surrounded by sycophants and agenda driven bullys, and as a practical matter he laughs at these resolutions, and ex-national judgments, however, as a reasonable man he does consider them, and he is an excellent political powerhouse.

However, if it does not happen, Jehovah's Witnesses predictions in the past having always been wrong, I will just shrug my shoulders, grin at the camera, and mumble something about "overlapping" something-or-another.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.