The World News Media

What concept/concepts is behind the term "inspired"?

Srecko Sostar

• Views 8k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not lying. Mistaken. Mistaken for almost the same reason that any of us --either currently, or in the past-- have believed the GB are a small group of men. When I believed it, I was not lying. It was

Wow! Is there something holding you back from saying what's really on your mind? My father and grandfather attended KM school in Pittsburgh back in the early 70's about a year apart from each oth

It's quite clear from your words that they are INTENDED to apply only to your agenda. If all four legged animals are horses ... then a cow must, by your logic, be a vegetable. Your Billy-thi

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I have often (every time he starts typing ..) thought that he is a bitter enemy of Jehovah's Witnesses, and an excellent psychologist, and deliberately portrays himself as a petulant, angry, demented, slow and  truly nasty person (when he may in actual fact be NONE of those things ...), in order to with reverse psychology make Jehovah's Witnesses look like all those things ... so that others are deliberately CHASED AWAY from any idea that they might want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Suddenly the unthinkable has happened. JTR has become the wise and intrepid man of the thread—daring to go where no one has gone before 

18 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Fortunately, I have a stockpile of cartoons to get refocused on ....

Can we set up some sort of a lending library program so that I can borrow some?

@TrueTomHarley  you lose me half way through your comments. I'm getting old and it's hot here in Devon England 

Quote "I don’t entreat them to come back on the side of the angels." "Essentially, they have tasted and pronounced Jehovah bad."

Once again i don't know exactly who you are talking about, BUT these two quotes above make me think that YOU are ONCE AGAIN mixing up JW Org/GB/Wt, with Almighty God. 

It was YOU that said that a person does not have to be a baptised JW to be able to witness about Jehovah. 

So does a person have to use the name Jehovah to witness about Almighty God ? What if a person uses the name Yahweh ?  

Space Merchant for an example. I'm sure he would say he is a Christian. Does he have to use the name Jehovah to talk about God ?

If perchance you were including me in those above comments, then you judge me badly. But I suppose I put you and the KId in the same pot, so I don't expect anything different. 

Just a tag on : now i know it was Srecko that you were talking about, i can't remember what you said about  him :) 

26 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

So does a person have to use the name Jehovah to witness about Almighty God ? What if a person uses the name Yahweh ?  

Then they are ‘Yahweh’s Witnesses.’ Why is this hard?

The people who witness for Jehovah without being baptized are invariably on the road to baptism, and usually are so in very short order.

To this extent, I admire the ol pork chop. Unwisely, in my view, perhaps even unforgivably unwisely, he treats abusively ones taking the lead in the Christian work. (Remember what Paul said after leaning he had said ill of the high priest)

But he nonetheless knows that if he leaves the human organization that represents Jehovah today, he will, in relatively short order, cease his witnessing. He will begin representing his town in horseshoes instead. 

He knows how people are. You cannot be faithful at something that so goes against the grain of human normalcy without a supportive arrangement.

33 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

holding?

Usually intrepid is prefaced by  "Here...hold my beer"

Sorry—took the ‘holding’ out and had you not had such an itchy trigger finger, it would not have tripped you up.

After installation of anything, you usually have to call the workman back to polish it up a little. 

9 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

you lose me half way through your comments. I'm getting old and it's hot here in Devon England 

Isn’t that another indication that ‘Judgement day’ is not so far off? The planet is frying.

Unless—what I recently read is true—that someone said ‘it feels like 115 in France’—and some climate change zealot confused the ‘feels like’ with ‘actually’—and it was not ‘record’ temperature at all.

If that is the case, then people’s brains are frying, which also means Judgement day cannot be too far off.

Isn’t that another indication that ‘Judgement day’ is not so far off? The planet is frying. 

Tom, in WW1 I would think lots of people were saying 'Oh look at the state of this world, Armageddon must soon be here' 

and in WW2 people would have said the same. And in Vietnam again the same.  And then there were big plagues, tsunamis, hurricanes et al. During each and every disaster I would think some people would think it was Armageddon / Judgement day, or hoped it would be. 

I think most JW's want it to be Armageddon very soon. Keep hoping for it Tom, but don't hold your breath. 

People's brains are frying by using mobile phones / cell phones.  And we've had hotter weather than this in the 1960's. 

You've got time to write ten more books yet, you'll be a millionaire by the time Judgement day arrives. If you live that long. I won't be alive when the Judgement comes, and according to Billy I won't get a resurrection either. But the dead are conscious of nothing at all, so if I don't get resurrected i won't know about it. :)  People take it all much too seriously. 

“Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is.  ...Keep on the watch, therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming...in order that when he comes suddenly, he does not find you sleeping.  But what I say to you, I say to all: Keep on the watch.”

’At that John said, 

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

:)  People take it all much too seriously.

And he even offered the Lord a smiley to reassure Him that he had not taken offense.

12 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

“Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is.  ...Keep on the watch, therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming...in order that when he comes suddenly, he does not find you sleeping.  But what I say to you, I say to all: Keep on the watch.”

’At that John said, 

And he even offered the Lord a smiley to reassure Him that he had not taken offense.

Out of context as usual Tom tom.  But it's the only way that you and kid can criticise me. 

The smiley was related to the Kid saying i was already condemned to death and I said that the dead are conscious of nothing so If I didn't get a resurrection it would not matter................. 

Tom, there is a big difference to KEEPING AWAKE and WATCHING, than to, KEEP TELLING LIES AND MAKING FALSE STATEMENTS just to frighten people into an organisation.  

On 6/30/2019 at 10:40 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I have often...thought that he is a bitter enemy of Jehovah's Witnesses, and an excellent psychologist, and deliberately portrays himself as a petulant, angry, demented, slow and  truly nasty person (when he may in actual fact be NONE of those things ...), in order to with reverse psychology make Jehovah's Witnesses look like all those things ... so that others are deliberately CHASED AWAY from any idea that they might want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Hmm. Billy has not uttered a word since this speculation, and he is NEVER silent. 

Has JTR become man of the hour? Do I have to pin my medallions where I never ever EVER thought they would be pinned?

Who can say? The internet is the land of the liars. Proceed with care. Don’t think you can make a congregation out of it.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.