The World News Media

What concept/concepts is behind the term "inspired"?

Srecko Sostar

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

It is interesting how this verses about Power over Earth, and Heaven, were written in similar time in two gospels. By that this two Sons were/are Two Kings over same Things.

One more thing makes this Authorization and Transfer of Power complex.  

In Romans we have:  For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.              In Colossians we have: For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him.  He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 

By this verses, and perhaps some more, we see how He, Jesus Already has ALL Power and Authority from some far point in the past time ( Day One or similar) much before (long ago) any sort of rebellion described in Scriptures. 

Well here arise another question about voluntarily made decision of giving up of Own Authority (from The Word  aka First Born, Jesus) and His permission that His Power, Authority over All Things will be given to The Third in Hierarchy (i guess third) even in limited scale.    

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not lying. Mistaken. Mistaken for almost the same reason that any of us --either currently, or in the past-- have believed the GB are a small group of men. When I believed it, I was not lying. It was

Wow! Is there something holding you back from saying what's really on your mind? My father and grandfather attended KM school in Pittsburgh back in the early 70's about a year apart from each oth

It's quite clear from your words that they are INTENDED to apply only to your agenda. If all four legged animals are horses ... then a cow must, by your logic, be a vegetable. Your Billy-thi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I do often wonder why God would cast the Devil down to the Earth.  Surely there were plenty of other places God could have put the Devil. 

I am just doing this from memory, but if memory serves ... Satan was cast down to the VICINITY of the Earth.

Jehovah does not live in this Universe, current best guess being about 30 billion light years in diameter, and expanding.

Simply put ... Jehovah lives in a non-"arrow of time" Universe on the "other side" of the Big Bang.

He is from "everlasting to everlasting" which can only happen in a universe that has no beginning, and where time happens all at once.

That means that "Earth" is to be thought of as "dirt", or physical things, as found on a Periodic Table, not the planet.

EVERYTHING you see in the night sky, and everything that can be seen, is "Earth", where we do or someday MIGHT live.

Jehovah lives in "Heaven", which has a completely different set of physics.

Time operates completely different on the other side of the "Big Bang".  OTHERWISE ... Jehovah had a beginning.

A good thought experiment is this:  If mankind had bases on Jupiter's moons, or had mining operations in the Asteroid Belt ... would they be out of Satan's sphere of influence?

Obviously not ... and mankind has already been to the Moon, many times, and we have about 9 robots running around on Mars.

Notice I base these arguments on reason and logic, and solid reality .... in order not to get into a "dueling banjos/dueling scriptures" scenario where a rebuttal would tour the Multiverses, but not address what is actually being said, here by me.

Then you get this thing about free will. But there is no free will. Because you either serve God or you are serving the Devil.  

Certainly there is free will ... all you can manage in whatever its is that is your hearts desire .... for good .... for evil ... or for misadventure.

I used to jump out of perfectly good aircraft, KNOWING in less that two minutes I could be dead .... but I did it anyway.

EVERYONE has freedom of will .... if they can manage it.

NOBODY has freedom of consequences, unless it is pure, dumb luck.

But it is strange that God loves humans but he sends down a 'roaring lion' to devour us. 

I also have a great love for Humanity ... but often its PEOPLE I CAN'T STAND !

I have gotten over it ... but for many years well after I became one of Jehovah's Witnesses ... everytime I heard or read the word "Japanese", I thought "Atomic Bombs!"

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I also have a great love for Humanity ... but often its PEOPLE I CAN'T STAND !

I have gotten over it ... but for many years well after I became one of Jehovah's Witnesses ... everytime I heard or read the word "Japanese", I thought "Atomic Bombs!"

I still have a strong dislike for Germans, As WW2 ruined my life from before I was born. (I know that sounds crazy)

And I suppose I'm still racist. I'm not interested in mixing with people from other countries. But like you 'it's people that i can't stand' too. 

I've been asked if i dislike black people and my answer is I dislike everyone unless given a good reason to like someone. 

I'm kinda glad guns are not legal here in the UK. :) 

I think part of trying to serve God has to start off with being honest with oneself. Then one has to know one's own faults and capabilities. I have no problem talking with anyone, it does not mean I like them. 

He is from "everlasting to everlasting" which can only happen in a universe that has no beginning, and where time happens all at once.

Well I presume God created time as we know it. It is only 'as we know it' because 'man' has divided it and subdivided it, but before man started measuring it, it was happening. It's quite strange to think that before time, before Earth etc, there was God, the Word, the Angels living in another dimension. 

41 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Can people be inspired to do the devils work? Certainly! You only need to see the comments here, and the distortions of scripture to see the negative course of action.

I challenged you several times before to provide just ONE scripture that I had misinterpreted .... and you choked, and were unable to do so.

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Nice try James. How about you, own up as a coward to what is meant when I state " You only need to see the comments here" that doesn't necessarily mean you with scripture rather than witness, John and Srecko. Get off that high horse mister, you're looking denser every day with your posture and ramblings of a madman.

You are PROJECTING again, Billy, but it does have entertainment value ... the only downside is that with your irrational vitriol, it puts stress on your system, particularly the brain, and the projector bulb will prematurely pop! .... and go dark.

Since you are already a legend in your own mind ... if you can arrange to have a stroke while typing here, you can become a legend in your own time!

Can people be inspired to do the devils work? Certainly! 

Yes, you only have to look at the GB of the Watchtower / JW Org, and their lawyers and their wicked Elders and others that commit Child Sexual Abuse. You only have to watch those stupid videos too, to see they are not inspired of God. 

And then read how many times they change scriptural meanings. And how they actually change words in their Bible to suit their own purpose. 

Oh yes, the GB are inspired by the Devil. Calling themselves the 'Faithful and Discreet slave' and telling other Anointed that they do not need to contact each other or have a personal opinion on scripture.   

And it seems that 8 million others are also inspired by the devil to support such goings on. 

Tell me, were the Nation of Israel inspired by the Devil when they offered their children to Molech in the fire ? 

Some of the posts here are thoroughly offensive and bigoted and seem to be bringing the forum down to the level of a mere exchange of personal "flaming" messages.

Moderator, @The Librarian , someone ! The forum has a minimum level of standards to prevent a complete loss of credibility. Please moderate!

Are you suggesting the Watchtower is misappropriating a core doctrine written in scripture?

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New English Translation (NET Bible)

16 Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the person dedicated to God may be capable and equipped for every good work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we all may be guilty of taking a scripture out of context purely for our own purposes. But I'd like people's view on this particular scripture please.

BTK seems to find it important and asked if the W/t have misused it. 

However I have previously pointed out that this scripture was written before all 66 'writings' were completed, AND that ALL SCRIPTURE had not been brought together as one 'book'.  

It is therefore my opinion that the scripture, here in Timothy, was relating to the Hebrew writings. Otherwise it was prophecy.

24 minutes ago, Outta Here said:

Some of the posts here are thoroughly offensive and bigoted and seem to be bringing the forum down to the level of a mere exchange of personal "flaming" messages.

Moderator, @The Librarian , someone ! The forum has a minimum level of standards to prevent a complete loss of credibility. Please moderate!

Oh dear, another baby throwing his toys out of the pram.

@Outta Here If you don't like the heat then stay out of the kitchen it's SIMPLES. 

This is an OPEN forum. You might be able to get into the 'secret' forum if you ask them nicely :) ....