The World News Media

What concept/concepts is behind the term "inspired"?

Srecko Sostar

47 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

2 Timothy 3:14

You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from what persons you learned them - nwt

Well now, JW's have a little problem in carrying out this advice, recommendations. How so? Because during the life time of each JW generation, it has changed more than one teaching, or interpretation of that teaching. If JW member want to stay, to stick with "Bible teachings" from some past period of time, he will be spiritually retarded, has not kept pace with the carriage :)))) For JW members this Bible verse is almost impossible to follow, even in some Basic Doctrines of small or big importance.  

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

This can only be seen in retrospect. Humans are subjected to either good influence or bad influence. In both cases, by inspiration. Romans 8:28

An example of this, questioning the oath you swore loyalty by baptism before God.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28.

This can only be seen in retrospect. Of course, how else but in retrospective, for many of us. :))

...all things work together for good to those who love God,.. In freedom of thinking and interpretation of this Inspired Words, I would like to say how for some of us, this sort of good can be our living WTJWORG because maybe we are called according to His purpose  to get out. 

An example of this, questioning the oath you swore loyalty by baptism before God.  I hope that you know difference between Oath i gave in 1977 and Oath other people gave from June 1985. ??!!

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not lying. Mistaken. Mistaken for almost the same reason that any of us --either currently, or in the past-- have believed the GB are a small group of men. When I believed it, I was not lying. It was

Wow! Is there something holding you back from saying what's really on your mind? My father and grandfather attended KM school in Pittsburgh back in the early 70's about a year apart from each oth

It's quite clear from your words that they are INTENDED to apply only to your agenda. If all four legged animals are horses ... then a cow must, by your logic, be a vegetable. Your Billy-thi

Posted Images

On 6/18/2019 at 7:45 PM, JW Insider said:

But a fully Christian system should be different. It transitions us away from the fleshly needs of Israel, and commends itself to our heart and spirit.

Just piping up here; I agree of course, but I'm sure you will admit that some sort of organizational structure is also necessary, especially with a view to the preaching activity...

9 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Did you ever attend standard education?

Like to ask, what is, according to you "standard education" in 140 year history of WT Society? What, how much  of those "standards" that people have to learned before to be called as suitable for "everlasting life", was been rejected and still now this same project/process continue despite all those big claims in the past and still now, how that all before and today is "God's Truth" ?? 

Please do not compare "worldly education system" that JW's think is based on satan manipulation, with "theocratic education system" that is based on GB uninspired errors or still perhaps - Inspired Errors  !!  

Comparing two unequal education systems makes no sense at all.

It is a complex problem, as we have TRUTH, not available, anywhere else ... and that TRUTH, when not contaminated, represents freedom and life itself.

There is a difference between a compendium of facts, ideas and concepts in a school or universities'  science books, which cumulatively changes as more knowledge is acquired .... and someone who claims to represent God and righteousness, and supposedly getting it right as led by Holy Spirit.

What is taught in schools and universities can be continually tested to see if it is true.

The Bible is a FINISHED PRODUCT, but most can only be tested through the lens of common sense. 

Evey religion that has ever existed, or exists now,  has been and is seduced into abandoning common sense ... because of "Free Money".

Comparison of the two educational systems  is not valid.    They do NOT have the same basis.

When you speak with the authority of Jehovah God ... and you are right about 15% of the time, and make up stuff out of THIN AIR, and punish others for not believing as you do ... and you are flat WRONG 85% of the time ..... who then is the apostate?

Yes, I suppose prostitutes give more value for the money than  lawyers, most of the time, but that is not the point.

When you collect other people's money for "feel-good"  made up stories ( and there is quite a list, as we have discussed here for years...) you become, not a representative of the True God, but a professional story teller with a bloodied knife for those that don't like manufactured fantasy, for MONEY!

There is a very real and dramatic difference between being an apostate to the Christ, and the True God, Jehovah, and being an apostate to the clueless, opinionated, made up out of wishful thinking, arbitrary "flavor of the month".

"New Light", means you .... no matter WHO you are ....  are actually an apostate to what you believed and/or taught as Truth, last month.

If you are at the top of the hierarchy ... you get money, real estate, unlimited free labor, status,  and adulation. You NEVER go hungry, live in a dump, dress shabbily, or sleep cold.

If you are at the bottom of the hierarchy, you get the knife, and are ENCOURAGED to go hungry, live in a dump, dress shabbily, and sleep cold.

Could it be that "Foreigner", the voiceless phantom who has bad opinions about, and "downvotes" EVERYBODY .... except Billy(Just Weasel)theKid46 .... is a disembodied demon from Hell, or worse, a disembodied  Watchtower Lawyer resembling a protoplasmic giant hand, with the stump sitting in a chair, awkwardly manipulating a computer mouse?

It's just an idea I had, based on month's and months of evidence.  Nothing more ...

I would ask "Foreigner" to confirm or deny, but that might prevent Billy(Just Weasel)theKid46 from weighing in on this theory.

Perhaps Billy(Just Weasel)theKid46 has "Foreigner" wrapped up in duct tape, and it's the best he can do?

It's just an idea I had, based on month's and months of evidence.  Nothing more ...

@James Thomas Rook Jr. When you speak with the authority of Jehovah God ... and you are right about 15% of the time, and make up stuff out of THIN AIR, and punish others for not believing as you do ... and you are flat WRONG 85% of the time ..... who then is the apostate?

James, I've just arrived home and I've been out in the sun, it's very hot here, so excise me for being slightly in a confused state. However, I do not understand where you are coming from. 

I presume this quote of yours above is referring to the GB / W/t / JW Org. But I keep thinking you are a JW. 

It is a complex problem, as we have TRUTH, not available, anywhere else ... and that TRUTH, when not contaminated, represents freedom and life itself.

Then we have this. 'as we have TRUTH not available anywhere else'.  AS who has truth ?  Not the GB surely ? 

Let's not get TTH going about JW org being the 'only game in town'.  Oh dear.   

So JW's go door to door with 85% lies / non truth, if your top statement is right. And 85% of what's written in the mags and books is lies/ wrong too. 

And JW's go to the meetings to have 'their ears tickled', and are willing to pay for that too. 

And the GB / W/t / JW Org is just big business. That's what I'm getting from your comments. 

13 hours ago, Anna said:

Just piping up here; I agree of course, but I'm sure you will admit that some sort of organizational structure is also necessary, especially with a view to the preaching activity...

No. Not necessary. But exactly in the same way that works are not necessary for salvation. I believe that a lot of us still think that when Paul says that only faith, not works, are not necessary for salvation, he was referring to "works of Law" meaning the keeping of the Jewish Law.  But a close reading of Romans and Ephesians especially shows that Jewish Law became (for Paul) a representation of all law. And therefore Works (of Law) became a representation of all works, even good works.

• (Ephesians 2:8-10) . . .By this undeserved kindness you have been saved through faith, and this is not of your own doing; rather, it is God’s gift. 9 No, it is not a result of works, so that no one should have grounds for boasting. 10 We are God’s handiwork and were created in union with Christ Jesus for good works, which God determined in advance for us to walk in them.

But notice that God still determined for us to "walk in" good works. This is because, if we have faith to truly love God, we will also love his creation, and love our neighbor. Faith and love provide the proper motivation. (Out of the heart the mouth speaks.) With this motivation, works will follow. The danger of an organization is that the organization starts believing that IT/THEY should provide the motivation, with the corollary idea that everyone can't be trusted, and people will just go "hog-wild" if they don't. This creates a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy so that, for example, in the United States there is a lot more unmarried, teenage pregnancy in the "Bible Belt."

But just like good works will automatically happen with faith and love as the motivation, we also should expect that order and "efficiency" will happen where Christians are properly motivated. Christians will desire to get together to find out how best to "distribute" good works (and for a teaching and evangelizing ministry, preaching is one of those good works). This will be the motivation to meet together: "to incite one another to love and good works." We won't want to waste our time, but will want to buy out the opportune time, and offer our good works where they are especially helpful. We will therefore be receptive to those who are good at the service of administration.

We will also be receptive to teachers who teach reasonable, orderly, "harmonious" doctrines.

• (Ephesians 4:16) . . .From him all the body is harmoniously joined together and made to cooperate through every joint that gives what is needed. When each respective member functions properly, this contributes to the growth of the body as it builds itself up in love.

16 hours ago, Anna said:

that some sort of organizational structure is also necessary, especially with a view to the preaching activity...

... after I was read  @JW Insider fine comments i recalled how Bible say that God can make stone to preach instead human. With JW's idea how it is necessary that some Organization MUST exist today, because God have Organization in Heaven, why not than on Earth with two and half main Organizations: JW Old Nation, Apostles Congregation and of course WTJWORG as only legal successor in line with previous two.  

But IF really Stones will preach, I wonder How Would God go to Organize Stones ?! By size, by heaviness, by types, by value ....etc. :)) i know .... this is paradox.

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

(Ephesians 4:16) . . .From him all the body is harmoniously joined together and made to cooperate through every joint that gives what is needed. When each respective member functions properly, this contributes to the growth of the body as it builds itself up in love.

But to continue with sort of paradox is if we want to take to much literally this verse about body parts. For example, Hand was and will be Always A Hand. But in JW congregation, or somewhere else in Some Other Sort of Organization, sometimes A Hand come to be A Head.

Let say, Ministerial Servant Pioneer is Encouraged to be A Elder, not necessary A Pioneer Elder. :)) Perhaps he can go to Betel and come to have more Responsibilities ....  and so on.

So in this Kind of Body aka Organization, in WTJWORG or in Congregation, Body Part Illustrations Need another Perspective. Because A Leg will never be a Hand will never be A Head. 

...  harmoniously joined together and made to cooperate ... What is this?

I will go on with Illustrations of Body.  In 1. Corr 12 -  Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. Here we have Idea that is somehow in contradiction with  Organization who want Uniformity and Mirrors in which "separate classes" aka "particular body parts" have to look the same. Auxiliary pioneers need this much hours, Special pioneers different count of hours, member of congregation need to have average number of hours that is in congregation ... and so on ... and so on .... Around The Whole Globe. 

Is this proof of  Harmony or proof of Uniformity??

A) Hours are proof of Uniformity and this is not Gift of Spirit.

B) Love is proof of Harmony and It is Gift of Spirit.

The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 

But in Organization we have classes: Publishers, Ministerial Servants, Pioneers, Elders .... or we can call this Functions ? :))

But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it,25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.

Who have grater honor in the Body? GB, Elders or Sofia ? :)) 

Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[d]? Do all interpret? 31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

What is this greater gifts? To prophesies?  Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit,especially prophecy  

Maybe. But i guess person have to be Inspired by Spirit to be able to do this. GB claim; We are not inspired! So as @Witness very well said;  We must admit that it is an abnormal relationship of a spirit inspired organization (“spirit-directed”), to be led by uninspired leaders. John 3:21; 1 John 1:6; Rev 13:11,12,15 (in her topic GERRIT LOSCH - "DO YOU TRUST ME?")

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them..... All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.....For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Inspired or not Inspired ... question is now .....what is better to be?

PS   apologize for long post :))

14 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Please do not compare "worldly education system" that JW's think is based on satan manipulation, with "theocratic education system" 

I do it is fair to make the “worldly education system” take responsibility for the world that is has collectively created. Very few who have prominent roles in the governing of this system of things are not highly educated. They should embrace what they have produced.

8 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I do it is fair to make the “worldly education system” take responsibility for the world that is has collectively created.

Everyone who "educate" other people need to take responsibility for the world (mini Universe of Organization) that is created. Agree with you.....

And not to send message how "collective" is responsible for wrong understanding of error instruction :))) 

10 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:
1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

And not to send message how "collective" is responsible for wrong understanding of error instruction :))) 

By all means, stop sending meaningless and ignorant messages, Srecko. 😉

Since, you are not willing to accept any of your foolishness? 😋

Even by your standards, can't have it both ways, learn! 😊

Billy(Just Weasel)theKid46 .... your arrogance is only topped by your presumptuousness.