The World News Media

CONSCIENCE

JOHN BUTLER

I do spend a lot of time thinking about what is right and what is wrong, and I do think that God wants each of us to use our own conscience to make our own decisions.

Yes of course our conscience should be based on God's word, using Bible principles and examples given by Jesus Christ. But it should be our conscience that we rely on, not the dictatorship of MEN. 

The JW Org's leaders have made so many rules that a baptised JW person cannot use their own conscience. JW's are programmed to accept all the rules dictated by the GB.  Programmed in such a way that every JW knows that if they deliberately use their own conscience and it takes them on a different course to GB 'laws' then that JW is liable to be disfellowshipped. 

A JW is not always disfellowshipped for breaking God's 'laws', but on occasions a JW is disfellowshipped for breaking the 'laws' of the GB. Hence a JW could have a good conscience and use Bible principles, but still get disfellowshipped. 

So, are the GB going beyond the things written by taking away a person's conscience and replacing it by too many rules or laws ? 

• Views 356
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do spend a lot of time thinking about what is right and what is wrong, and I do think that God wants each of us to use our own conscience to make our own decisions. Yes of course our conscience

When we find differences and similarity of this two laws (God's and GB's) and to be able to make distinction about what authority supports and stand behind each "laws", and to be able to give resistan

Posted Images

6 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

A JW is not always disfellowshipped for breaking God's 'laws', but on occasions a JW is disfellowshipped for breaking the 'laws' of the GB. 

It might be good if you gave some examples

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 8:16 PM, Anna said:

It might be good if you gave some examples

When we find differences and similarity of this two laws (God's and GB's) and to be able to make distinction about what authority supports and stand behind each "laws", and to be able to give resistance to human "laws", but on other hand to respect Higher Law, examples will be visible to us. :))   

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.