The World News Media

who is referred to here?

Bubba Johnson Jr

13  Moreover, brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant* about those who are sleeping in death,q so that you may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope.r 14  For if we have faith that Jesus died and rose again,s so too God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in death through Jesus.t 15  For this is what we tell you by Jehovah’s* word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep in death; 16  because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’su voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.v 17  Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in cloudsw to meet the Lordx in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord.y 18  So keep comforting one another with these words.

How many groups of anointed Christians are referred to here?

• Views 4k
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's good advice. I really did take a risk in guessing that @Bubba Johnson Jr also had in mind how Brother Splane's "Chart of the Ages" could be related to 1 Thess 5. It turned out that I was right,

Moreover, if they really wanted to pump everyone into fever pitch, as John charges they do, they would not have let 1Thess 5:2-3 go unmentioned during last week’s assigned Bible reading—the verse abou

Of course there could be OVERLAPPING groups, JWI. These are known as zombies.

Posted Images

On 7/12/2019 at 2:45 PM, Bubba Johnson Jr said:

13  Moreover, brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant* about those who are sleeping in death,q so that you may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope.r 14  For if we have faith that Jesus died and rose again,s so too God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in death through Jesus.t 15  For this is what we tell you by Jehovah’s* word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep in death; 16  because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’su voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.v 17  Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in cloudsw to meet the Lordx in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord.y 18  So keep comforting one another with these words.

How many groups of anointed Christians are referred to here?

How many groups of anointed ones are referred to here?

1. Those who were "sleeping in death" in Paul's day (vss. 13, 14)

2. The "living who survive to the presence of the Lord" (vs. 15)

3."Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air" (vs.17)

8 hours ago, Bubba Johnson Jr said:

3."Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air" (vs.17)

You haven't identified a third group. What you have called a "third" group is really just a comment about the first two groups.

In fact, the scenario reminds me of an actual situation that happened when I worked at 1500 Broadway in NYC's Times Square, and a national TV network rented out our huge (warm) conference room on the third floor overlooking the crowds who come to watch a ball drop on New Year's Eve.

There would be celebrities coming in to our building, some entertainment, and free food and drink. Some people at this company worked a late shift with the computers (running end of year, end of quarter reports) and they were going to be there when it happened (when the ball dropped). Some people were going home first and then coming back, hopefully, in time to get back into the building. 

• GROUP 1: Those who would go home first before coming back to see the event.
  • GROUP 2: Those who would still be working here at the time of the event.
  • GROUP 3? At the time of the event, it will be New Year's, and those in GROUP 1 and those in GROUP 2 can then both come into the unused side of the conference room at the same time, hoping to meet celebrities, the TV crews, watch the crowds below, etc.

As you can see, there is no real GROUP 3 being described. It's just a comment about the situation for those in GROUP 1 and those in GROUP 2. In fact, you can even imagine someone worrying that those who have gone home first might not be back in time for the event and subsequent celebration.

You might even be able to imagine that there could be some jealousy that those who were working at the time would have access to the celebration when those who had gone home, might miss out. You could even imagine someone in management saying:

Moreover, workers, we want you to know that those who went home already will not miss out on the celebration. They will still be back in time to meet us here. For though most of the roads will be blocked to taxis and cars, still, if we have faith in the subways, and that the guards downstairs will be there to let them in the building, then they will be brought here in time with us. For this is what we tell you, that we the working who remain here until the celebratory event, will in no way precede those who have already gone home; because they are coming back here and will be allowed into the building with their passes. Afterward, we the working who are still working when the event begins, will be allowed into the conference room, together with them at the same time. And we will thus all be in the conference room together. So no one should worry about their fellow workers who will have already gone home first. Keep comforting one another with these words.

On 7/14/2019 at 11:58 PM, Bubba Johnson Jr said:

whaaaaaaatttttttt!???

I understand completely.😀

I get kind of carried away when it comes to illustrating a point. Also, I never went to any of those celebrations, although I did work past midnight once on December 31st at 1500 Broadway, not even 500 feet from where the ball drops, and I came over to watch it out the window. "Crazy" people line up for 10 blocks to the north and 10 blocks to the south to see it from either side.

If anyone is interested, I was able to move all the comments that were related to the CAIN topic over to here:

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/forums/topic/84241-did-cain-marry-his-sister/

Yes, I know it wasn't originally about Cain marrying his sister, but if JTR has a better name for it, I can still change it (I think).

On 7/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, Bubba Johnson Jr said:

How many groups of anointed ones are referred to here?

I wanted to see what I might be missing from your point. I assumed that by adding a third point to the above, that you were saying there was a third group of anointed being addressed. So, to figure out where your idea differs, I color-coded the 2 groups above so that I can map them to the persons mentioned in your third group:

On 7/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, Bubba Johnson Jr said:

3."Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air"

So, to me, this seems to say: . . . Afterward, we in GROUP 2 will, together with GROUP 1, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air. . .

I still don't see a GROUP 3. Can you explain?

Asking about, for example, how many  JW witnesses groups exist, can bring us to answers as: Past and Present, Loyal and Not Loyal, Zeal and not Zeal, Discreet and Non Discreet, Died and Alive .... etc. What would be benefit of such research?

You can used the same methods for "anointed". And come to similar answers.    

What is the purpose for your question, and by what methods, by what tools, you want to making operation upon verses to see what is the content under the skin? :))

21 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

What is the purpose for your question, and by what methods, by what tools, you want to making operation upon verses to see what is the content under the skin? :))

It's a good question. I think it might be related to the fact that @Bubba Johnson Jr put these verses in his profile along with Brother Splane's updated "Chart of the Ages" that tried to explain the "overlapping groups of Anointed in 'This Generation.' " He posted this chart among the references to the verses above, and it obviously includes THREE GROUPS of anointed:

1. Anointed who saw and discerned the sign in 1914
  2. Anointed who were once contemporaries with those who saw and discerned the sign in 1914
  3. Anointed who were not contemporaries with those who saw and discerned the sign in 1914

It's possible that Bubba hopes to find scriptural support for the THREE GROUPS, marked separately in the chart below. But I don't understand his reasoning, and I hope he will explain. Here is what Bubba posted adjacent to the verses above:

A timeline of “this generation”

• What are “all these things”?

• How does Exodus 1:6 help us to understand the meaning of “generation”?

• To what particular generation was Jesus referring?

• What two groups make up “this generation”?

• How do Jesus’ words indicate that we are living deep in the time of the end?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.