1. Queen Esther

Queen Esther

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      Can anyone offer a legitimate answer as to who sets these prices and how does such a disparity happen?

• By Kurt
      What Your Gas Is Trying to Tell You About Your Health
      Got Gas? It Could Mean You've Got Healthy Gut Microbes
      A Stinky Compound May Protect Against Cell Damage, Study Finds
      Colon cancer
      Pathophysiology, Evaluation, and Treatment of Bloating
      The Truth About Gas

• By TheWorldNewsOrg
      A firefighter risked his life to remove a burning gas container from a restaurant in southwest China’s Tongren City. The accident happened at a hot spot restaurant table, which suddenly caught fire. Firefighters quickly removed the burning gas container to the open air and kept cooling it with a fire hose. They then moved the container to a river nearby to cool it and kept watching until the gas in it was burnt out.

World News
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      SHIRLEY, Long Island (WABC) --
      The passenger who was in the car of a woman killed while pumping gas on Long Island is speaking out about the tragic incident.

Her friend says it was a last minute decision that brought them to that gas station in Shirley.

Police say the driver of the other car was high on drugs when she smashed into the pump.

"She's like, 'Oh, I forgot to get gas,'" said Melissa Delgaudio, the victim's friend.

Melissa Delgaudio is devastated.

In surveillance video, her friend is pumping gas when suddenly a car plows into the pumps.

62-year-old Rosalie Koenig suffered massive internal injuries and later died. Delgaudio was a passenger in her car.

"I just heard boom! And she screamed, and I saw her face, and she went down. My first thought was that she was crushed to death," Delgaudio said. "She was going in and out of consciousness it seemed. I keep replaying it, seeing her face in my head, the last time I saw her, her facial expression when she got hit, you know, in shock and screamed, and I keep thinking about it, I horrible about it."

She feels horrible about it because they intended to stop at a different service station, long before they got to the Long Island Expressway.

"She wanted to go to a service station before we got there, and she kept asking me to remind her to get gas, before we, she kept on telling me to remind her to get gas before we got near the LIE and I didn't," Delgaudio said.

The driver was not seriously injured and was identified as 53-year-old Renee McKinney.

She was arrested for driving under the influence of drugs, specifically heroin.

The charges may be upgraded.

Ms. Koenig was a devoted member of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Delgaudio says they studied the Bible together, and became best friends.

"She was always there for me if I needed her, she was like a mother to me, so I kind of feel like I lost a mother," Delgaudio said.
      http://abc7ny.com/news/friend-of-woman-killed-in-shirley-gas-pump-crash-speaks-out/1705396/
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Last week hundreds of activists took over a major toll highway in the state of Mexico and allowed drivers to pass through free of charge.  Farmworkers and agricultural producers took over municipal offices in the state of Chihuahua and in one occasion forced the municipal workers to evacuate. These are just two examples of the mass actions – which include demonstrations of tens of thousands – rising up all throughout Mexico causing the closure of gas stations, municipal buildings and highways.
      Since January 1, thousands of Mexicans – adolescents, workers from all sectors, union leaders and farmers – have taken to the streets to protest the 20 percent hike in gasoline prices. The price hike comes at a time when 45 percent of the population is living in poverty. As a TeleSur reporter described it, the 20 percent price hike means that it would take the equivalent of 12 days of a minimum wage salary to fill a tank of gas. Much of the population makes even less than the minimum wage, making this price a hike an outrageous violation of the rights of the people.
      The government’s repression against the uprising has been fierce. At least six people have been killed, and hundreds more wounded and arrested. Despite these attacks, the struggle continues.
      Since Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto took office in 2012, his neoliberal policies and initiatives have caused a downward spiral in the quality of life for many Mexicans, especially the poorest. Under Peña Nieto, the number of people living in poverty increased by 2 million, unemployment and state repression, as witnessed in the cases of Ayotzinapa and the teacher protests early in 2016, have reached new extremes. While the Mexican people are suffering, Peña Nieto has insisted on pushing through neoliberal policies that benefit the capitalists while furthering the people’s suffering and poverty.
      The 20 percent price hike on gasoline is just his latest attack. In December 2015, Peña Nieto announced that PEMEX, the national petroleum company, would be privatized in order to allow for other gasolines companies to compete in the market. What this meant was that the government would remove the fixed price on gasoline and would instead be sold at market rate to the people.
      The privatization of Mexico’s oil industry has been in gestation for many years. The U.S. government has played a key role in pushing American puppet Peña Nieto and the Mexican oligarchy in this direction. With PEMEX being deregulated and privatized, its reserves are up for grabs.
      The large U.S oil companies are waiting for their chance to gain control of these reserves and some companies have already begun to. It is a process that will greatly benefit these major corporations given that Mexico has one of the largest oil natural gas reserves in Latin America. This is just an attempt by capitalists to take hold of the resources that they had not yet been able to seize.
      The price hike has already had a terrible effect on the Mexican people. It is predicted that it will soon have devastating effects on the cost of food and employment.
      We stand in solidarity with the Mexican people who are protesting against the Mexican oligarchy and greedy American oil tycoons. We stand with them as they fight for the energy resources that belong to them. We support their right to demonstrate their outrage and demand that the government make better decisions regarding their livelihood.
      https://www.liberationnews.org/gasolinazo-2017-mexico-rises-up-against-oil-tycoons-right-wing-government/
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      The Popocatepetl volcano in central Mexico spurted a large plume of ash, smoke and steam into the sky. The eruption reached two kilometers into the sky, according to local media. 

Mexico's National Disaster Prevention Centre said in its daily report that the volcano registered a total of 73 low intensity exhalations and four explosions over the last 24 hours. Authorities are urging people not to get close to the volcano and particularly to its crater.
      Popocatepetl is the second tallest volcano in Mexico.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jimmie Crenshaw
    Newest Member
    Jimmie Crenshaw

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.