The World News Media

Who Did Cain Fear Was Going To Kill Him?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

A good analogy is this:

You have five  very nice cars in your long driveway in front of your house..

All in good shape, fully functional ... but only ONE car has had the tax paid on it ... and only that one car has a valid Title, and only that car has license plates.  It also has comprehensive and full liability car insurance.

AND a skilled, licensed driver!

It is ONLY legal to drive that ONE car on the public streets.  The rest are NOT allowed to do so.

At the time of Adam and Eve, they were the ONLY man, and woman on Earth that were "street legal"   The ONLY ones, among all the humans on Earth,  who had the opportunity for everlasting life without end.

Further, I am positive the "outsiders" knew this, and had a deep and vehement hatred for those protected by God in Eden. This was NOT a military secret.

News "Gets Around".

ONLY Adam and Eve had the opportunity for Everlasting Life, at that time.

Perhaps Cain going "out of Town" from the Garden of Eden to get a wife, concubine, or sexual playmate ... whatever the case was ... was the way Jehovah eventually would bless all humans, whether "Homo Sapiens", or "Homo Theocraticus". (?)

We do know for a certainty that Cain was deeply afraid that wherever he roamed throughout the entire Earth ... he was afraid of being killed ...  afraid of being killed by those ALREADY THERE.

By the way ... this agrees with "billions of tons" *  of hard, hard evidence, of ancient civilizations.

* I made that number up, but you get the idea ....

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is just a quick reply, have no time to post any support for this, but I remember researching this at one time since I also had the same question. It would appear that since there is no time frame

Melinda, I respect your opinions, and have also carefully considered the Scriptures you posted. I am not trying to convince ANYBODY, as Jehovah shows us all mercy for being wrong ... or who could

(Genesis 2:4-6) . . .This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time of their being created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven. 5 Now there was as yet no bush of the field f

Posted Images

JWI:  If you can, can you change the title of this thread to "WHO DID  CAIN FEAR WAS GOING TO KILL HIM?". ?

...which is the key to unlocking the mystery of created people, living alongside evolved people.

... the people that Cain feared that wherever he went ...  AND THEY WERE ALREADY THERE .... that they would kill him.

Interesting points, James, but it is all conjecture. 

Based on Genesis 3:20 the person Cain married had to come from Eve (the mother of all living).  Therefore it would be one of his sisters or nieces. People were near to perfection then, and the Mosaic Law against incest was given much later (2500 years) when the genes would be starting to degenerate.

So saying that there were other  humans living elsewhere in the wild who God ignored is a little too far out (They certainly did not evolve - God is the source of all life. He made his creatures all according to their kind, including humans. He made man in his own image as a special creation. Paul showed that all people do by nature things of the law written on their consciences.)

God is interested in all his creations, even the birds and ants.  But he loves humans and they were made in his image. Jesus loved humans from the beginning and he said (in the gospels) his Heavenly Father would rather care for us than the birds.   Even in the Law of Moses he prescribed how foreigners who were not Israelites  were to be treated so they would not be humiliated.  Actually his selecting Abraham's offspring for blessings  was only a test case for how all mankind would be treated in the future. All humans are accountable to God, even those who were not under the Mosaic law. Remember these scriptures:

(Genesis 1:26) Then God said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every creeping animal that is moving on the earth.”     (Notice he did not say any particular kind of man or race.)

(Proverbs 8:31) I rejoiced over his habitable earth, And I was especially fond of the sons of men.

(Jesus loved humans from the beginning.)

(Genesis 22:18) And by means of your offspring all nations of the earth will obtain a blessing for themselves because you have listened to my voice.’”  (All nations are in for a blessing eventually.)

Jehovah was using his friend, Abraham's, descendants as a test case for what he was going to do when mankind is restored to perfection.   It was not because they were superior in any way.

(Deut 4: 32-38) “Ask, now, about the former days before your time, from the day when God created man on the earth; search from one end of the heavens to the other end of the heavens. Has anything so great ever happened or has anything like it ever been heard of? 33 Have any other people heard the voice of God speaking out of the fire the way you have heard it and kept on living? 34 Or has God ever attempted to take for himself a nation out of the midst of another nation along with judgments, with signs, with miracles, with war, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with terrifying deeds, as Jehovah your God did for you in Egypt before your very eyes? 35 You yourselves have been shown these things so you will know that Jehovah is the true God; there is no other besides him. 36 He made you hear his voice from the heavens to correct you, and on the earth he made you see his great fire, and his words you heard from out of the fire. 37 “Because he loved your forefathers and has chosen their offspring after them, you were brought out of Egypt in his presence by his great power. 38 From before you he drove away nations greater and mightier than you, to bring you in and give you their land as an inheritance, as it is today.

Jesus said Jehovah cares for all his creatures, but he would rather care for mankind.

(Matthew 6:26-30) 26 Observe intently the birds of heaven; they do not sow seed or reap or gather into storehouses, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth more than they are? 27 Who of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his life span? 28 Also, why are you anxious about clothing? Take a lesson from the lilies of the field, how they grow; they do not toil, nor do they spin; 29 but I tell you that not even Solʹo·mon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these. 30 Now if this is how God clothes the vegetation of the field that is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much rather clothe you, you with little faith?     

Non-Israelite humans could come and pray at Jehovah's house.

(1 Kings 8:41-43) “Also concerning the foreigner who is not part of your people Israel and who comes from a distant land because of your name 42 (for they will hear about your great name and your mighty hand and your outstretched arm), and he comes and prays toward this house, 43 may you then listen from the heavens, your dwelling place, and do all that the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as your people Israel do, and may know that your name has been called on this house that I have built.

God always cared for people, even those who did not serve him.

(Acts 14:16, 17) In past generations he permitted all the nations to go on in their ways, 17 although he did not leave himself without witness in that he did good, giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying you with food and filling your hearts with gladness.”

It is still his will for all kinds of people to be saved.

(1 Timothy 2:3-6) This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

I know you don't like long talk or writing, but there is a reason why God inspired 40 men to write 66 books in the Bible; you can't say everything in one sentence. 

(Ephesians 3:18) in order that with all the holy ones you may be thoroughly able to comprehend fully what is the breadth and length and height and depth,..

Melinda, I respect your opinions, and have also carefully considered the Scriptures you posted.

I am not trying to convince ANYBODY, as Jehovah shows us all mercy for being wrong ... or who could stand?

My problem is I know for an absolute fact that at one time, Dinosaurs  ruled the Earth, and much, much later there were human civilizations in almost every nook and cranny of the Earth ...... who left hard evidence of their existence .... LONG, LONG before 6,000 or so years ago.

How do you resolve irrefutable hard evidence ... verified a dozen different ways .... with the idea that no people existed on the earth before Adam?

Cain certainly was worried about them killing him!

44 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

Based on Genesis 3:20 the person Cain married had to come from Eve (the mother of all living).  Therefore it would be one of his sisters or nieces.

For a woman to only have two sons ... and one was murdered .... where did theses sisters and nieces come from?

There is no Biblical support for EITHER concept. 

None whatsoever.

Please correct me if I am wrong ....

There is, however ....  solid Biblical support that Cain was condemned to wander the Earth, and EVERYWHERE he was afraid of people, MEN AND WOMEN ... that would want to kill him.

They were ALREADY THERE.

The question is, and should be  ... Where did THEY come from?

9 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Cain certainly was worried about them killing him!

(Genesis 2:4-6) . . .This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time of their being created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven. 5 Now there was as yet no bush of the field found in the earth and no vegetation of the field was as yet sprouting, because Jehovah God had not made it rain upon the earth and there was no man to cultivate the ground. 6 But a mist would go up from the earth and it watered the entire surface of the ground.

NoteBefore Jehovah made Adam there was no man to cultivate the ground.   The information seems scant but the Bible says enough.

Cain later built a city named after his son, Enoch,  so it doesn't seem he was still worried of being killed.  Read here:

(Genesis 4:16-24)  Then Cain went away from before Jehovah and took up residence in the land of Exile, to the east of Eʹden. 17 Afterward Cain had sexual relations with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Eʹnoch. Then he engaged in building a city and named the city after his son Eʹnoch. 18 Later Iʹrad was born to Eʹnoch. And Iʹrad became father to Me·huʹja·el, and Me·huʹja·el became father to Me·thuʹsha·el, and Me·thuʹsha·el became father to Laʹmech. 19 Laʹmech took two wives for himself. The name of the first was Aʹdah, and the name of the second was Zilʹlah. 20 Aʹdah gave birth to Jaʹbal. He was the founder of those who dwell in tents and have livestock. 21 His brother’s name was Juʹbal. He was the founder of all those who play the harp and the pipe. 22 Also, Zilʹlah gave birth to Tuʹbal-cain, who forged every sort of tool of copper and iron. And the sister of Tuʹbal-cain was Naʹa·mah. 23 Then Laʹmech composed these words for his wives Aʹdah and Zilʹlah: “Hear my voice, you wives of Laʹmech; Give ear to my saying: A man I have killed for wounding me, Yes, a young man for striking me. 24 If 7 times Cain is to be avenged, Then Laʹmech 77 times.” 

Note that it did not say Cain found his wife in the land of Fugitiveness (Nod) east of the Garden of Eden, but he had relations with her there. Note that the Bible does not mention the names of the daughters of Adam. It said only that he had sons and daughters in Genesis chapter 5.  It is likely that Adam had several daughters before he had Seth who was mentioned next. (See Reasoning Book and other publications under Where did Cain get his wife?)

My take:  It also spoke about him building a city named after his son, Enoch, so it seems he was no longer worried about being hunted down. Lamech in his poetry spoke of  Cain being avenged, so it seems Cain's situation was known and that he was to be avenged seven times, if killed.

A certain level of sophistication is noted here: Marrying, making instruments and playing music, lifestyle innovations, tool making with copper and iron, poetry writing and maybe songwriting too.

It speaks of the talented people that descended from Cain  and their also taking wives and not saying where they came from. Seems female children were born regularly enough, among that pool of people, so there was no problem getting wives. Lamech took two, as they were plentiful enough. Occasionally the Bible said how old Adam was when he got another son, but generally intervals are not mentioned. So we trust the daughters were old enough to be married. Lamech seemed to be a writer/poet and he had talented children who made musical instruments, tools,  and invented other things and lifestyles. His wives and one of his daughter's name is mentioned (Naamah).

I don't think we should worry about it. We would like to know more but the Bible says enough.

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The question is, and should be  ... Where did THEY come from?

This is just a quick reply, have no time to post any support for this, but I remember researching this at one time since I also had the same question. It would appear that since there is no time frame on what happened from Adam to when Cain left to wander somewhere else, it is possible that the people he might encounter were his distant relatives, who had already procreated sufficiently to establish several communities.  Also, the scriptures do not always detail everything. It was Moses who supposedly wrote about this, perhaps he had no need to explain where the other people came from, if he believed they came from Adam and Eve, since as Melinda mentions, he said that Eve became the mother of everyone living. So it makes sense that Adam and Eve had a heaps of children during their long life, besides the main characters of Cain and Abel, and these children had heaps of other children. I even did a hypothetical diagram of possible families and relatives, and it seemed quite feasible that after several generations there were quite a number of people scattered all over the place. Granted, not to the extent that "science" tells us. For me, scientific evidence, especially in the area of evolution, can be dodgy, and I am not sure everything can be believed as facts, even though you say there is hard evidence for it. However, I cannot argue with you on this because I have not investigated this "hard evidence" myself. Not thoroughly anyway. 

Why would you want to raise that now?  And I think you mean Canaan not Cain.  But the Watchtower taught no such thing.

*** g82 2/8 p. 13 The Races—What Is Their Origin? ***
Noah and his three sons all had a measure of this dark pigment. From Shem came the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Jews and the Arabs who vary from fair to light-brown skin. The descendants of Japheth, who include the Indo-European races, vary from light skin to dark brown. As for Ham (meaning swarthy or sun-burnt), some, but not all, of his descendants had dark skin. The Egyptians, with light-brown skin, descended from Ham’s son Mizraim. Ham’s son Canaan, who was cursed by God because of bad conduct, was the forefather of the light-skinned Canaanites.

1 minute ago, Matthew9969 said:

Didn't the watchtower teach at some point that black people were descendants of Cain?

I think it was the result of a 1930's experiment with the parents of Wilt Chamberlain, and the parents of Mohandus Ghandi that resulted in the experimental hybrid Danny DiVito, but something went terribly wrong.   

Instead of having the height of Wilt Chamberlain and the wisdom of Ghandi, what happened was the wisdom of Wilt Chamberlain, and the height of Ghandi.