The World News Media

Everyone: go get your check from Equifax! $125 is a nice chunk of change.

TheWorldNewsOrg

via .ORG

World News

• Views 932
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

What do you disagree with?

Language, for one. “We’re going to impeach this motherf****r!” is practically the first thing her squad-mate said upon entering Congress. The whole idea of a “squad” is ridiculous, though granted, that is a media concoction, not hers.

The taxpayers in NY are not thrilled that she scuttled the Amazon deal. Amazon is that big company that employs a lot of people who thereafter pay taxes.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The taxpayers in NY are not thrilled that she scuttled the Amazon deal. Amazon is that big company that employs a lot of people who thereafter pay taxes.

Of course, that is also a media concoction, since she had nothing directly to do with the Amazon deal.

But my question was not about her, but about Equifax.

If a company collects data on you without permission, to make a profit off your data, and then loses it by accidentally exposing that data to more nefarious players, was Space Merchant saying that they should not be financially liable?

On 7/27/2019 at 7:23 AM, JW Insider said:

What do you disagree with?

There is a whole lot I do not like what she has to say, especially when we live in a world where a message can be molded into something to commit acts that pin people against each other and or victim. What @TrueTomHarley mentioned is one of said things. Among all things, AoC is a Statist, among the fold that her and such ones want to help society by means of security and safety by prying off the freedoms people have, as some would say, the giving away of liberties by means of promises that never come and the continuous siphoning of said liberties continues and it never ending and it continues to take and never gives. Once power takes something, it does not give back what is taken. This is concerning the Green New Deal that not a whole lot of people agree with, more so, evening stating that the world would end in 12 years due to climate change with no evidence to back up this claim of hers, which was a willful one and not out of pure mistake. To add on to what Tom said regarding Amazon, it costed 25,000 people employment and such ones affected paint her as the villain.

4 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

There is a whole lot I do not like what she has to say

Again, this had nothing to do with her. The question was about Equifax. You said you not only disagree [with what she was saying about Equifax, I assumed] and that you also didn't like her.

2 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Again, this had nothing to do with her. The question was about Equifax. You said you not only disagree [with what she was saying about Equifax, I assumed] and that you also didn't like her.

My original response was in no connection with Equifax, more so, of her history and how convoluted she can be and or confusing with what action she takes, granted she is a Statist.

As for Equifax however in regards to the topic just hours after her tweet she took back what she said. The tweet in question is the one above in regards to those who had fallen victim with the whole Equifax ordeal due to the 2017 data leak, and she rode that claim of which she brought up only to apologize later on. Only $31 mil has been set for payment, the more people who moves in to claim, the less others will get until there is nothing left, so essentially it isn't free money for all. In addition to that, her update in regards to credit is odd as well. That bar for $125 is not static either

That being said, it is extremely difficult to trust Ms.Cortez or a Statist for that matter, granted of what we had seen so far.

10 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

As for Equifax however in regards to the topic just hours after her tweet she took back what she said. The tweet in question is the one above in regards to those who had fallen victim with the whole Equifax ordeal due to the 2017 data leak, and she rode that claim of which she brought up only to apologize later on.

My wife's data was compromised, and she followed the steps that Equifax sent, including locking the data of all three of the big credit agencies making it very difficult to get new credit and nearly impossible for others to get credit using her name. But she has also been directed, not by Equifax, nor by AOC, but by the legal "Settlement Administrator" to go to the site they have set up: https://www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/

There had been some confusion in 2017, which some persons took advantage of to get data about victims. But this time, it's the Settlement Administrator on the "Official Equifax Data Breach Settlement" site that still says the following, as of this week:

In September of 2017, Equifax announced it experienced a data breach, which impacted the personal information of approximately 147 million people. A federal court is considering a proposed class action settlement submitted on July 22, 2019, that, if approved by the Court, would resolve lawsuits brought by consumers after the data breach. Equifax denies any wrongdoing, and no judgment or finding of wrongdoing has been made.

[File a Claim]

1. Free Credit Monitoring or $125 Cash Payment. You can get free credit monitoring services. Or, if you already have credit monitoring services, you can request a $125 cash payment.

• At least 4 years of three-bureau credit monitoring, offered through Experian. You can also get up to 6 more years of free one-bureau credit monitoring through Equifax.

• If you already have credit monitoring services that will continue for at least 6 more months, you may be eligible for a cash payment of $125.

If the amounts currently in negotiation are approved, those numbers will evidently hold, in addition to amounts up to $20,000 if you have been fighting identity theft and can prove expeditures.

This was why my question had nothing to do with the politicians who have pointed this out. Around here politicians are often pointing out some things that are probably designed to get their name out there and try to create a little bit of goodwill. We get free beach passes and park passes and job fair announcements from our "Representatives" and lots of schedules we are supposed to stick on our refrigerators including special pickups for various types of recycling and a host of other things. I see them all the time, but still can't tell you who my State or Congressional representatives are. I know the names of the two US Senators from my state, but no one else in spite of their frequent door-to-door activities.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:57 PM, JW Insider said:

My wife's data was compromised, and she followed the steps that Equifax sent, including locking the data of all three of the big credit agencies making it very difficult to get new credit and nearly impossible for others to get credit using her name.

I locked mine long ago, and yes, it is a pain. I almost always forget that I have done it, and usually forget how to unlock it—though I am getting better. The greatest (though not only) reason that the scoundrels want to steal your info is so they can drain you dry, and a credit freeze makes that much less likely.

I think what needs to happen is that AOC be appointed CEO of Equifax.

By the way, the Green Deal that she floated before Congress that was largely shouted down, has been adopted independently, even enhanced, by Andrew Cuomo, the NYS governor. He is advertising that his new law will make New York, not only the greenest place in the country, but probably in the world. 70% of all power to be derived from windmills by 2030, up from the present 20% or so. All emissions of any sort are to be monitored.

I hear that @James Thomas Rook Jr. has signed on as the Chief Engineer.

There is a huge generational divide, not only on climate change, but on democracy. The young are far more likely to think climate change is the prime threat to life, while the older tend to be less concerned, often thinking it is a political plot of the left. To be sure, AOC wants to go left, and a very large—is the the majority?—of the young want to go there with her. 

It will always be the case when the gap between rich and poor grows too great. The poor are not going to be students of economics—they’re poor, and preoccupied with survival. All they know is that whatever the system may be, it is not working for them, and they lose patience as they see things getting, not less equitable, but more.