The World News Media

"WATCHTOWER APPEALS TO THE SUPREME COURT"

Witness

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

@Annamentioned one victim in the suit who wanted no part of it. He or she wanted to ‘get on with life’ & was content that the perpetrator was punished & and did not feel the desire to blame parties that he thought were not at fault.

This is a good attitude, and is probably expected for one who remains a Witness. But it's also very easy to start thinking that a person who asks for money damages is somehow tainted, or we think they must not believe that this system will be over in a few decades at most.

But we must be ready to square this with the fact that the Watchtower has sued for money damages on a few occasions, and sometimes not just to the guilty parties, but a scattershot suit that becomes a fishing expedition among many different companies to try to put the true story together to see who is responsible. The following was the first of many reports that came up on a Google search of "Watchtower sues over Warwick site "

Battle over contamination at Watchtower site in Warwick ...

www.recordonline.com>article>NEWS

Dec 14, 2015 - A slew of companies sued by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society say they don’t bear responsibility for contaminating the Warwick site where the religious group is building its massive world headquarters, and will therefore not pay for it.Watchtower, better known as Jehovah’s ...

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any data that an organization keeps with respect to a policy or prior practice is always considered fair game in a lawsuit, because these lawsuits seek to find out whether the prior practice matched t

From John Redwood... A preview of upcoming news: Jehovah's Witnesses are appealing to the Supreme Court of the United States, but this time it has nothing to do with preaching or saluting th

Witness: I am deeply ashamed for the reputation of Jehovah, and the Brotherhood that the Governing Body has Lawyers that will spare no effort, time, and money to PERVERT Justice. I wish you

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

But we must be ready to square this with the fact

Valid points made on both counts.

Sigh......Maybe they will someday turn over a new leaf and I will see on the webpage:

Watchtower—home of the polite lawyers, the reasonable lawyers, the Christian lawyers.......anybody representing anything can roll them.”

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It is entirely a matter of “Is this life all there is”

In individual perspective, this life we have, in this moment, is all we have. 

In case of people who believe in continuation of life in the moment of death, prospect is also life but under several outcomes, that is: paradise, hell and purgatory.

In case of people who believe in future resurrection, as in case of JW members, outcomes have also few variations: to survive, or, and, to be resurrected and if you be enough good to continue with life until you don't do something what deserve death punishment. Next is, not to be resurrected and in such case, this life today is definitely all you have.  

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

Battle over contamination at Watchtower site in Warwick ...

Perhaps WT Lawyers forget about congregational rule or they never heard about it: "leave it to God" :)) 

50 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In case of people who believe in future resurrection, as in case of JW members

I am reminded of a Great Courses CD lecture from someone who teaches theology at Chapel Hill. He poses the question: ‘why would various Christian martyrs appear so eager to get out of this world when they seemingly had so much to offer it?’ ‘He’s forgotten everything,’ I said to myself, if he ever knew it. And he teaches it. At the university. Where the clergy goes to get their degrees that count so highly with you.

Quote @TrueTomHarley 

Sigh......Maybe they will someday turn over a new leaf and I will see on the webpage:

Watchtower—home of the polite lawyers, the reasonable lawyers, the Christian lawyers.......anybody representing anything can roll them.”

Quote God's Word at Matthew 5 v 38 through 42.  NWT version. 

“You heard that it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ 39  However, I say to you: Do not resist the one who is wicked, but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him. 40  And if a person wants to take you to court and get possession of your inner garment, let him also have your outer garment 41  and if someone in authority compels you into service for a mile, go with him two miles. 42  Give to the one asking you, and do not turn away from one who wants to borrow from you."

@TrueTomHarley you prove by your own words that you do not serve Almighty God. 

The GB and their Lawyers prove exactly the same thing. The JW Org is run by people that do not want  to serve God properly. Why ? Because those that run JW Org are puffed up with their own pride, and worry about their own status and position and power, and money. 

Read that scripture above 3 times, repetition for emphasis as the Org used to say in the 70's. Get it through your head, what is important.

If the GB and their lawyers were serving God properly they would not care about the loss of money. Remember that scripture above is direct instruction from Jesus Christ to the Anointed. Your GB say they are Anointed and that they follow Christ. But BY THEIR WORKS WE SHALL KNOW THEM. 

On 1/17/2020 at 2:02 AM, 4Jah2me said:

Because those that run JW Org are puffed up with their own

I see them on my TV screen and they really look unapproachable, full of themselves and puffed up.  They stay in a 5 star hotel all the time! 

You have good reason to judge them, find the guilty and send them to jail -  just on this one charge alone! 

On 1/16/2020 at 5:02 PM, 4Jah2me said:

And if a person wants to take you to court and get possession of your inner garment, let him also have your outer garment @TrueTomHarley you prove by your own words that you do not serve Almighty God. 

Fine. Send me both your inner and outer garment. I’ll keep them in storage while you freeze.

11 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Fine. Send me both your inner and outer garment. I’ll keep them in storage while you freeze.

Jehovah doesn't want us to lay charges against our brothers.

"Does any one of you who has a dispute with another dare to go to court before unrighteous men, and not before the holy ones? Or do you not know that the holy ones will judge the world?"  (1Cor. 6:1,2)

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Well....I think he has made pretty clear that he is not really our brother.

And i think JWs make it pretty clear that they do not serve Almighty God. They serve the GB and JW Org. 

Quote @Colin Browne Jehovah doesn't want us to lay charges against our brothers.

"Does any one of you who has a dispute with another dare to go to court before unrighteous men, and not before the holy ones? Or do you not know that the holy ones will judge the world?"  (1Cor. 6:1,2)

Unfortunately Colin, justice is not done within the JW Org and there is no love, so some congregants or ex-congregants have to go to Superior Authorities of the world that God himself puts in place or allows to be in place. 

If it were only five or ten cases then it could be seen possibly false or fake, but it is hundreds of cases Earth wide ( possibly thousands ), so surely it is thereby proven to have some true foundation. 

A couple of scriptures from the NWT. If only JWs including the GB would live by these things. 

Galations 6 v 2 and v 10

Go on carrying the burdens of one another,d and in this way you will fulfill the law of the Christ.

So, then, as long as we have the opportunity,* let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to us in the faith

Work good towards all. I honestly do not see that happening at all in the JW Org. 

Mr Harley i do not want your stupid opinion. You show yourself as totally self centred and only wanting attention. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.