The World News Media

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit

Srecko Sostar

49 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

You just have to do it, fire them, stop giving them your mind and money.

That reminds me of a Steve Martin comedy routine ( from memory ...) where he says "I am going to tell you how you can make a MILLION dollars, and never pay taxes. .... Yes I am going to tell you how to make a MILLION dollars .... and NEVER pay taxes.

First...

...get a million dollars.

THEN ...."

• Views 2.5k
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the insight.  I never thought of it that way. The Baptism is an outward symbol of a dedication ALREADY MADE IN IT'S TOTALITY. Whatever you dedicated to Jehovah God is between you

I believe the last major change was in 1985. Any Baptisms before that you did not swear legal fealty to the Organization. After 1985, having subordinated yourself to the Corporation, you had

Does not matter a jot. The baptism is a symbol of the candidate's dedication, not that of the baptiser.  If any words are spoken at all, they should be spoken by the one submitting to baptism, an

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

That reminds me of a Steve Martin comedy routine ( from memory ...) where he says "I am going to tell you how you can make a MILLION dollars, and never pay taxes. .... Yes I am going to tell you how to make a MILLION dollars .... and NEVER pay taxes.

First...

THEN ...."

Wasn't that The Jerk?

8 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

First...

THEN ...."

I get it, it isn't real easy when that has been your whole life up to this point.  The reality of it though is that it is quite that simple and easy. 

I'm sure you can relate if you put it in perspective. When you were a young child in school, I'm sure you noticed the different clic's, the group of rockers, the cowboys, the preppy kids, jocks etc. When figuring out your niche, you tried to fit into a group that you thought was "you", only to find out that it wasn't worth trying to please the group and become someone you just weren't. You left hat group and continued through life without much thought. You took with you some things you liked of the group and moved on and developed your own character. We all do it, have done it.  This clic, the wt, is just like that. Take from it what you choose and drop the rest. You have the power and ability to control your own life, without excess baggage. Does this mean "leave Jehovah and make him sad" ? Quite the opposite,  it means taking control of your own life and pressing into God with all of the knowledge you have gained thus far. I mean, the gb has already stated that they are not inspired and can very well screw up with what they force the rnf to accept. Why not allow the Bible alone to guide you WITH the knowledge you have taken from the clic? Unless you truly believe that by studying the Bible alone will lead you into darkness in a matter of months

3 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

We all do it, have done it. 

I didn't.  I never tried to "fit in', anywhere.

Ever.

Coincidences happen .... but coincidences are not causality.

The reason I throw my hat in with Jehovah's Witnesses is that they believe the same as I do (generally) ... not that I believe the same things they do.

There is a difference.

5 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I didn't.  I never tried to "fit in', anywhere.

Ever.

The reason I throw my hat in with Jehovah's Witnesses is that they believe the same as I do (generally) ... not that I believe the same things they do.

There is a difference.

I get that, but to say that there is on one who can fire them, is not a true statement. 

I highly doubt that you throw your hat in with everything that they believe. 

Also, you did "fit in"  Being a self professed cowboy, renegade, man of guns, you don't quite look the part with the suit and tie in those pictures you posted. I also doubt that you put that suit on each day regardless of whether or not you are headed to the kh.  Just saying. 

15 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

But - factually

Instead of "factually", I would use the word "physically", or "soulically" if you want to get scriptural. You have used the term "spiritually" in contrast.

Both terms can be applied to the same set of facts,  and focus on the "eye of the beholder". In the immediate instance, the "soulical" view is that baptism is the ratification of some sort of (business?) contract with a religious "corporation". This is not the view of a spiritual mind. (Compare 1Cor.2:14).

6 hours ago, Outta Here said:

Instead of "factually", I would use the word "physically", or "soulically" if you want to get scriptural. You have used the term "spiritually" in contrast.

Both terms can be applied to the same set of facts,  and focus on the "eye of the beholder". In the immediate instance, the "soulical" view is that baptism is the ratification of some sort of (business?) contract with a religious "corporation". This is not the view of a spiritual mind. (Compare 1Cor.2:14).

Rank and file members aka publishers or in simple words - worldwide brotherhood, are connected spiritually with each other and with God as group of Organized Christians who are bond with particular set of doctrines, beliefs and  hope. In that sense, all relations between them have big "spiritual" aspects. Inside them, as a group, all dealings they have among them, are in some sort of "spiritual" work, reactions (of course with all physical inputs and  outputs, after all we are flesh and blood and bones). Hierarchical structure of "theocracy" appointed elders (semi clerical body) to deal/work with brotherhood. 

In WT Society, Lawyers have very significant role. Their dealings with people works in both reality. One reality is with outside world and "worldly people". Another reality is of "spiritual" nature inside "Spiritual Paradise" when they counsel elders, for example, how to respond in "sins" that outside reality considers to be "crime" or what documents bring to Court and what to tell. Inside reality speak only about sin. Sin is "spiritual" term. JW Church consider bad acts as sins, not a crimes. Because Spiritual Judicial System of JW Church accepting only Bible terminology. In this (Bible) reality,  word "crime" not existing. What exists is "sin". For that purpose WT Lawyers must explain to elders what is what and how sins inside JW organization have to be explained to "worldly" reality. 

WT Lawyers have special attitude  on JW members. For them, they are only rank and file members. They, members, representing nobody and nothingexcept their personal beliefs (beliefs determined by WT Society spiritual revelations of Bible doctrines) in God. Although JW members not representing any of Corporative Entities of WT Society, what also including Congregation he/she visiting regularly, they, as members have some sort of Free Contractual Relation with Legal Entity/Entities. That special relation coming from "Yes" on Second Baptismal Question:  

2) “Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?” (from 2019)

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? (from 1985)

As Group of Organized Christians in Organization that has diversity of Companies with different names, they (members) receiving instructions for Christian life, not only from "spiritual" leaders aka GB and elders inside Spiritual Paradise. But members receiving instructions (in this way or another) from WT Lawyers too, who run life of many Companies/Corporations under different names (Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, is one of names).

Well in that sense, verse you bring ..... The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

..... is interesting. WT Lawyers playing, walking between this two Realities. In that context (Dualism of sort)  it would be very important to know when Organization as Worldly Company is stronger than Organization as Spiritual Paradise and vice versa. 

26 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In that context (Dualism of sort)  it would be very important to know when Organization as Worldly Company is stronger than Organization as Spiritual Paradise and vice versa. 

PS because of my English :))

... know when Organization as Worldly Company shows greater influence, power over  Organization as Spiritual Paradise and vice versa. 

8 hours ago, Outta Here said:

A spiritually-minded leader ("heavenly" Col 3:2) would not allow the "soulical" view ("earthly" James 3:15) to be joined together; at baptism, or at any other point in the spiritual 'upbringing' of a person.  2 Pet 3:18

6 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

JW Church consider bad acts as sins, not a crimes.

Without getting bogged down in semantics here, there is no real difference between the two words. The difference may lie in whose law is actually violated. The differentiation between a violation of Jehovah's law as a sin and not a crime would be a "soulical" percepton.

We don't really care about worldly ("soulical") perceptions about laws, crimes, sins, lawyers, definitions, corporations etc. etc. Paul encapsulated the principle in his words to Timothy regarding the Mosaic Law (and by extension, law in general and all its appendages). 1Tim.1:8-10. Let those who fit his description be concerned with all the relevant definitions and arguments concerning "Law". Your complex definitions and arguments indicate your need in this regard. I hope you are getting it clear and it is enlightening for you. 😊

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.