• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did it happen "in the big inning"?

They were afraid he might take A-FENCE!

9 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I like it.

When I visited Wallkill and was assigned to a blueberry 6-person picking crew many years ago, we traded a few bits of truth, but mostly we passed the time telling riddles.

“A man leaves home, follows a path, and turns left. On returning home, he is confronted by two masked men.....”

41 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Did it happen "in the big inning"?

I felt quite privileged to be included in this crew, for I was new as a Witness, and I was just there for a brief visit. Of course, what was needed was people who did not already have an assignment, but even so....

Four of the six were just-graduated Gilead students awaiting their assignments. For the longest time I thought that David Splane had been one of them. But as best I can recall now, it was more a name like “Slutze.” I remember him relating a tale of how his Bible student, an elderly woman from a fundamentalist background, raised her hand to give her first comment, and he had braced for the worst. For good reason, as it turns out:

I just want to thank JEEhovah God for sending His servant DAVID SLUTZE to teach me more accurately His Holy way!”

David slunk into his seat so low they had to vacuum him up later.

31 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

@TrueTomHarley, You know why the Philistines at Gaza were so afraid when Samson carried off the doors of the city gate and two posts to the top of a mountain?

Not specifically (hit me) but when I introduce my daughter’s dog by the same name, I point out that he is not the Samson who pushes apart the pillars. Instead, he is the Samson who pees on them.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.