The World News Media

WASHINGTON STATE: Mom confronts stranger (A Jehovah's Witnesses) asking to see her daughter | She says he slapped her face | Police are investigating.

Jack Ryan

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/mom-confronts-stranger-asking-to-see-her-daughter/983338603

It's never our intention when carrying out our ministry to be intrusive,

Around here JWs mine the obituaries for easy marks. Intrusive is the least offensive word I can label a common witnessing tactic. Wouldn't be at all surprised to find that social media is fair game for targeting.

The JWs admitted he was one of theirs:

KIRO 7 took the videos to officials with Jehovah's Witnesses in Washington. Spokesman Erik Larson confirmed that the man in the video is a member of a church. However, he does think the man should have explained what he was doing.

The person's neighbors stated that he had NOT approached THEM (to "Share the good news of the Kingdom!")

KIRO 7 asked several of Johnson's neighbors if members of the Jehovah's Witness church have approached them. All of them said they had no interactions with church members.

I see that he did take a younger JW woman with him when he attempted to contact the 15-year-old, but the situation still comes across as damned perverted and stalker-ish.

• Views 244
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is one of two things.

• Maybe someone filled out a prank "contact me" form from their site (these are awesome by the way and a great prank). And the guy should have identified himself and explained as much.
  • Maybe the young girl with him, placed something there casually a few weeks earlier, and took a "mature brother" with her to the RV?

I mean it doesn't appear nefarious......just stupid. And that's pretty much on par.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.