admin

Apple's anticompetitive stance on Progressive Web Apps will be noticed by US Government Regulators soon.

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

admin -
admin -

Top Posters

The simple fact that Apple has not enabled notifications on a progressive web app as they do their own native apps is the proof the US Government will use to start to regulate the App Store as anti-competitive.

pusher mobile push notifications api GIF by Product Hunt

• Similar Content

• By admin
      I was begging for IPB to create a progressive web app for this forum site and a developer pushed back saying I was in essence whining.
      There are a few difficult steps for the average forum owner at this point. Developers can easily create something evidently.
      As I was writing my response... I thought to myself.....

How much longer until Google, offers us a fully featured forum software with a PWA built in?   Adsense enabled. Hmm... good idea. Talk about a Blogger upgrade. 

Anyone know Larry or Sergei personally over a Google? Please share this post with him/them.
      All they have to do is empower all the old bloggers with pwa's of their own using their already in existence Google Adsense code.

Imagine creating a entire universe of Mark Zuckerberg's each with their own version of Google + / Facebook / Forum.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      YouTube Go es una versión de la aplicación principal que permite descargar los videos en redes Wi-Fi para evitar el consumo de datos de Internet en el teléfono móvil. A su vez, está optimizada para que pueda ser utilizada en dispositivos con poco espacio de almacenamiento, ya que solo ocupa 9,4 MB.
      El control del consumo de datos con esta versión optimizada de YouTube está en la opción que ofrece la aplicación para ver o descargar los videos. Primero ofrece una vista previa del contenido y luego permite establecer la calidad del video y la cantidad de MB que requiere cada una de las opciones, además del espacio disponible en la tarjeta de memoria.
      Leer más: https://laopinion.com/2018/02/02/youtube-go-la-aplicacion-con-la-que-puedes-ver-videos-sin-consumir-tus-datos/
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole

This applies more to young ones, but can really apply to any one of us. In the world we live in today there are many people looking to take advantage of us by means of social media. There have been many sad stories about people who were robbed or worse because they gave away too much personal information on social media. Some may give out their information that it becomes like posting your private info on the screens in Times Square. Young ones with free and unmonitored access to smart phones and computers have at times found themselves speaking with strangers who seek to do them harm. It's so important that on our personal private accounts we are careful about who we allow to follow us and who we choose to follow. Parents should regularly monitor their children's Internet use and set rules to protect their children as well. Even those claiming to be Witnesses may not be what they seem. Proverbs 22:33-"The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself,But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences."

• By admin
      Alex Knoll, the brains and passion behind the Ability App, has taken several giant steps toward realizing his dream this week.
      Thursday, the 12-year-old entrepreneur appeared in-person on the Ellen DeGeneres show. He explained his concept of a free, mobile app that people will be able to download and use to find and rate places for 'disability friendliness' and dozens of accessibility features. 
      A big barrier for Alex had been funding. But Ellen stood up on her show and wrote out a check to Alex for $25,000!!! Her team also connected him to a group that will help put the app together.
      Last summer, Alex and his mom joined Deb Wolfer and I to perform an A4A review of SCRAPS. He really knows his stuff.
      Here is a link to the story and video clip from KREM:
      http://www.krem.com/entertainment/television/watch-ellen-degeneres-helps-sponsor-n-idaho-kids-app-for-people-with-disabilities/443026147
      By Guest
      Many of us remember the exciting Internet as the arena for the free exchange of ideas, debate and sharing of creativity, news, commerce etc.
      The Internet once held the promise of a more democratic world. Everyone would have a voice, a medium, to share ideas and thoughts on.
      Instead of pointing at commerce as the culprit for killing the Internet I will point at large corporations exploiting people's inherent laziness.

Once Apple and Google introduced apps to the world more and more percentage of user eyeballs were now locked into the apple or google app bubble world. I remember being told about the "halo effect" of buying an Apple device which I love. I use these great devices to use the Internet still. If you are reading this story... then so do you. Congratulations.
      But the question really is... How did you get to this page?
      -----------------------------
      Forums would also simultaneously be ignored as Facebook.com would become an app and actually become the de facto Internet for most people.
      Apple would purposely handcuff it's iOS browser in order to make developers use apps.
      The browser wars have never ended. This is a race for people's eyeballs.

Google searches for news would start to slide.
      Forums like this would try to add more functionality to compete with social media and would see readership and engagement suffer over time.

Information is power. True. But we should update this saying to something like.... Power is controlling the flow of information to the masses of people.
      The pen truly is mightier than the sword. 

How will this story end? Will ever faster connections make apps (which are basically caches) disappear in favor of fully functional browsers?
      Will another dominant player arise?
      Will Google empower the people again as it did with Windows Office subjugation?
      We live in interesting times.
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pastel
    Newest Member
    pastel

• Topics

• That as well as these: (Revelation 14:14-15:1) 14 Then I saw, and look! a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was someone like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 Another angel emerged from the temple sanctuary, calling with a loud voice to the one seated on the cloud: “Put your sickle in and reap, because the hour has come to reap, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe.” 16 And the one seated on the cloud thrust his sickle into the earth, and the earth was reaped. 17 And still another angel emerged from the temple sanctuary that is in heaven, and he also had a sharp sickle. 18 And still another angel emerged from the altar, and he had authority over the fire. And he called out with a loud voice to the one who had the sharp sickle, saying: “Put your sharp sickle in and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for its grapes have become ripe.” 19 The angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and he hurled it into the great winepress of God’s anger. 20 The winepress was trodden outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress as high up as the bridles of the horses for a distance of 1,600 stadia. 15 And I saw in heaven another sign, great and wonderful, seven angels with seven plagues. These are the last ones, because by means of them the anger of God is brought to a finish.   (Revelation 19:11-16) 11 I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness. 12 His eyes are a fiery flame, and on his head are many diadems. He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, 13 and he is clothed with an outer garment stained with blood, and he is called by the name The Word of God. 14 Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen. 15 And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. 16 On his outer garment, yes, on his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.   *** Bible Citations *** 36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 40 Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken along and the other abandoned. 41 Two women will be grinding at the hand mill; one will be taken along and the other abandoned. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43 “But know one thing: If the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.    And lots more.    
    • Oh my, pagans eat turkey!!!! that is ground breaking news, I better start checking labels to make sure there are no turkey by products in the food. Gee's, you guys think these pagan gods are real, your wako wako wako. I'll stand by my statement that jw's and pretending jw's commit blasphemy when they claim Christians are worshipping other gods when in actuality they are worshiping the most high God and the Holy Spirit is working within and around those Christians lives.  
    • believe this is what God or Jesus Christ wants from 'chosen one 1 Srecko Sostar reacted to this You are trolling me but you just made another blanket statement again - painting all with the same brush....... like I said before...... the real judge is jehovah.      Quote
    • Too true, TTH. Saturday night I had a full color vision in a dream while I was sleeping, and woke up and told it to my wife, Susan. In this dream I was in a race with three large bright yellow school buses, racing up a hill to a Tee intersection, in single file, along a wooded country road, and I was the third school bus in line, and being old it was a big struggle to keep up, as the other two were newer school buses with newer engines. I was the actual bus ... not a driver IN the bus, and the other buses were the same. As I tried to pass I was hitting logs, and potholes, and I could feel it in my frame and in my axles, and realized the probability of me getting to the Tee intersection first was slim. ... and  then, the lead school bus said to the second school bus, which I overheard above the roar of the engines and the clashing of gears "You know, when we get back, they are going to check the mileage, and they will know we have been racing ...." I have been trying to put that into some context, but am at a loss.  
    • That is where you are wrong! .  I expect JWs to be so singled out by the world as the only organisation deserving of  the worst punishment even though it is a sin for us to do this - compared to other secular organizations who get away with it.   I suspect you are the one who will get the shock when you REALIZE you have  persecuted  jehovah and those who imperfectly represent him.
    • What you expect is Santa Claus This is infuriating to me. Such whiners think only of themselves. They “admitted” it long ago and if you didn’t think you were Perry Mason angling confession from the courtroom spectator you would see that. From the Revelation Climax book, published in 1988: “It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible. Like Joseph of old, we say: “Do not interpretations belong to God?” (Genesis 40:8)” Call those the words of people who think they cannot be wrong? For the life of me, I don’t know why this is so hard. It is as though grown adults are determined to make themselves children. Since the writers plainly state up front that they could be wrong, I take everything in that spirit. I strive to get my head around whatever they are saying & and discern how they came to think as they do because I do not want to be like Diotrophes, who “receives nothing from us with respect.” But it is all tentative—it represents to me the best thinking out there. It doesn’t mean that nobody else can think. However, since detractors here have NOTHING to show for themselves other than grumbling over how they would like to see things different, I take whatever they offer with that in mind. The GB is vigilant and they take their shepherding role seriously. They do not want to find themselves in the shoes of Lot, whose sons-in-law thought he was joking. That is why they do not say: “Here is our latest thinking. It’s probably no good, but see what you think.” No. They state what they state in recognition that “interpretations belong to God” and that they are doing their best to figure those things out.  
    • Yep, Armageddon is gonna happen any minute now, let's build a multi billion dollar luxury compound for the faithful slave for the long haul.
  • Popular Now