Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

The Librarian -
Space Merchant -

Top Posters

27 minutes ago, Allen_Smith said:

far as I can tell no one here is a true JW, I’ve said it before. No one here speaks for the Watchtower. That is especially true for JWinsider. In order for that to happen, a JW would need to adhere and comply fully with scripture.

This site is meant to give spiritually weak people the platform to speak out against the Watchtower. Those of us, or at least I never, thought I could convince anyone here about anything within what their tormented minds have already decided. I never cared for it. I know my group doesn’t care either.

What they do care, is “sitting the record straight” about many deceptions, misleading, misguided, misrepresentation and plain false allegations about the Watchtower and Bible T

I do identify myself as a Witness and proud of it.  I do preach as much as I can and beg Jehovah to keep me in his loving fold.

I am a bit unconventional due to being raised in an African household to 2 very unconventional parents (who were not witnesses) but argued about ..... just about everything one possibly can argue about.

In worldly training, my father paid for opera classes and I was destined to be a great star but I had to fight a hidden egotism for the rest of my life after falling from grace when I became a JW. 

Life was not easy - my husband died unexpectedly and I had a daughter with cancer..... I can go on about the hard lessons I learnt in life after becoming a JW, the interesting jobs I held, the interesting countries I worked and lived in but my focus now is only to remain faithful - that is all.

I am content and very comfortable serving  Jehovah...... that is why I just pop in now and then here.  I always have been interested in world events and history.... and very interested in proving the absolute reality of the bible. I also love science..... so I keep busy listening to debates while doing household chores.

My thanks goes to jehovah for keeping me compus mentus and I hope to make him proud when the time comes that I am thrown in prison or have to prove my love for him - if I do not die from disease or other nasty coincidence before this.

I agree with you - one cannot accomplish much here....... one can only sharpen your perception of other people's aberrations from truth.... and how deceitful people with a nice disposition can be....and how OCD persistence manifests in hardened apostates. 

I have learnt something about myself here......too. . I am not as kind as I thought I was...... so I have some work to do........ to stay kind under lying and deceitful circumstances.... 

23 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I was destined to be a great star but I had to fight a hidden egotism for the rest of my life after falling from grace when I became a JW. 

This is not surprising. Nor is it especially uncommon. One of the elders in my region—I know him well—was essentially cast from the family when he did not assume his role as oilman heir. 

When I would travel with him in service and pass a gas station, sometimes I would exclaim: “Look, Jim—Texas tea!”*

*A term for “oil”—originated by the American sit-com “The Beverly Hillbillies.”

(also, I never use the real name of someone who is still alive—so “Jim” is not the real name—the sole exception being a retired circuit overseer from my first book. I forwarded to him the chapter in which he is mentioned, and he said “it didn’t make sense to him—I still think I have all my marbles.” So I fretted that I had used his actual name, and offered to replace it. But he said that he didn’t really care—I could do as I wanted. He is up there in his 90s, and still keeps the preaching schedule of a circuit overseer)

23 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I have learnt something about myself here......too. . I am not as kind as I thought I was...... so I have some work to do........ to stay kind under lying and deceitful circumstances.... 

Add this to @JW Insider‘s list of how this Internet forum can benefit the friends. Rubbing shoulders with the most determined & virulent opposers on the planet can put fine qualities to the test as can nothing else. 

4 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Add this to @JW Insider‘s list of how this Internet forum can benefit the friends. Rubbing shoulders with the most determined & virulent opposers on the planet can put fine qualities to the test as can nothing else. 

It's good you follow a man rather than follow God. That my friend has always been your problem. I don't believe Melinda is the owner. We know who the owner is. I think there is enough "fake news" out there to start a play for it here.

22 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I agree with you - one cannot accomplish much here....... one can only sharpen your perception of other people's aberrations from truth.... and how deceitful people with a nice disposition can be....and how OCD persistence manifests in hardened apostates. 

I have no doubt some here consider themselves witnesses. I’m referring between a “good” witness and a “bad” witness. These differences are noticeable.

As for caring, you and most of all the old posters know my stance. It is not a matter of being kind, it becomes a matter of priorities.

When Jesus “rebuked” Peter in Matthew 16:23. Do you think Jesus was being kind or loving? Get behind me Satan, you are a stumbling block to me.

Therefore, Jesus set his priority to his passion.

Then the question becomes, are we being, loving to allow other members distort the truth, just because it’s done anonymously? Doesn’t this mean they bring their own interpretation of scripture to others?

Are we being kind to allow misinformation fester without calling on those with Matthew in mind?

This is the mindset, a scholar as myself consider. I'm not here to research for books, or do weak researches to bolster my view. I defend the truth.

You would think, being on the right side of God would follow a true Christian wherever they are.

23 minutes ago, Allen_Smith said:

It's good you follow a man rather than follow God. That my friend has always been your problem. 

Sigh....I don’t follow @JW Insider. If I was going to follow anyone, it would be @Arauna—I like her insights even better—but I don’t follow her either. Stop it, Allen, just stop it.  If I was going to use the same tactics as you or of those of your group, I would begin referring to her as your girlfriend, since you have liked her posts and she has commended some informational ones of yours. Enough!

Look, she easily could be accused of “running ahead,” and “going beyond the things written”—not in the same areas that JWI does—she speculates on how things will turn out—but she is still open to the charge. She has just said that she is a Witness and proud of it, but  “unconventional.” That is true with most here—possibly with all. Please do not tell me that you are typical.

23 minutes ago, Allen_Smith said:

I think there is enough "fake news" out there to start a play for it here.

Did it ever occur to you disseminating  obvious “fake news”  is a good technique for discrediting the site that you so desperately want to see discredited?

Taking this stuff seriously is what enshrines it.

37 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Sigh....I don’t follow @JW Insider. If I was going to follow anyone, it would be @Arauna—I like her insights even better—but I don’t follow her either. Stop it, Allen, just stop it.  If I was going to use the same tactics as you or of those of your group, I would begin referring to her as your girlfriend, since you have liked her posts and she has commended some informational ones of yours. Enough!

Follow, admire, and elevate, whatever terminology works for you. That’s why I follow “only” God. If I followed a human and their idea of interpretation of scripture. I wouldn’t call myself Christian. No one should. This is why, I'm confident above all other religions, The Watchtower holds the truth. I am proud to be part of the Org.

If you follow Aruana, that’s up to you, but some people call that stocking. Please don’t compare me with what JWinsider and Anna are doing, it’s beneath your dignity, and insulting to Aruana.

But to a certain extent, you are correct, many in my group do show how fake the news is here, regardless if they get deleted in the end. Somehow, fighting a good fight for God is above anything, here. 1 Timothy 6:12

Since we are no longer friends, then I will add you to the list. I do consider myself a typical soldier of God. Always have been and always will.

12 hours ago, Arauna said:

I am listening to those who come from China... and Russia (Russians come to assemblies in Georgia), Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan etc..... people with feet on the ground....

This people .... with feet on the ground ..... are they JW members or belong to some other "ideology"?

After i have read your respond and @TrueTomHarley respond about my comment, and how you two agree with me on "control issue", I have to ask you: Does your feet on the ground?

14 hours ago, Arauna said:

to want control other humans is morally wrong.....When a human wants to control anything about another human - he is showing satanic qualities....In future in paradise, all people will willingly subject themselves to Jehovah and his standards in free will.  They will never try to tell another person  what to do because all will be totally free and equal under God.. ...Total freedom and equality under God - this is the goal.... In future in paradise, all people will willingly subject themselves to Jehovah and his standards in free will.  They will never try to tell another person  what to do because all will be totally free and equal under God.

How is possible that you don't see how you willingly subject yourself under men control, all that under idea how that is God's will? You condemn "control" as morally wrong and as satanic qualities but in the same time you are ready to say how "JW opposers" are wrong and not worth to listen?! One of main reason why "JW opposers" are opposing human influence and power inside WT Society is exactly what you expect from Future under Kingdom. To have  Total freedom and equality under God - this is the goal. 

Why do you want/wish total freedom and equality? Because you haven't it now under WT Society governing. Spiritual Paradise inside WT Society Organization about what JW members are proud about, according to what you have said, is not satisfied your expectations and need. 

Main issue is not about how this "world" and US, China and others suppressing our freedom, but problem is deeper. It is inside Organization/Religion you put your hope and trust and they disappointed you all, and you, in fact unconsciously, putting accent on that issue while speaking about outside world, external general problem between people and nations. 

In fact, absolutely same problem you have inside JW Organization. When will you come to be aware of it?  

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

For whatever it is worth, I find very enlightening your exchange with JWI on this topic. I gain much from both of your views. 

I'd love to respond to each of your questions, although I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea that this comes off as a serious disagreement between Arauna and myself. She happens to be the one who makes the strongest statements against a position that I have now come to see as more correct than the position I held just a few years ago when I would have whole-heartedlly agreed with her.

I don't mean to position my own beliefs as the antithesis of Aruana's either, because I agree with her on the most fundamental principles behind her own reasons for accepting the beliefs she accepts. For example, it's obvious that all nations work in their own self-interests and any semblance of government working for the greatest benefit of the majority is not going to be found working in this world. The whole world lies in the power of the wicked one.

What I have found most interesting is that --and this is about me and my opinion-- when we widen our viewpoints and focus on the contradictions and hypocrisies as a starting point, we often find that there is a world of evidence and information that we would have formerly rejected, not because it wasn't good evidence, but because it didn't fit into our worldview.

I'm interested in the power of propaganda, and all of us should be if we are really interested in "the truth" on any matter. But pitting my evidence against someone else's just makes the other person believe they are being called naive or perhaps even unintelligent, for example. And being the recipient of the snide side of the "lol" makes me feel badly for the person offering it, because it usually means they are taking it personally.

So, I'd like to make clear, as most people already know, that I'm stating my beliefs about world events and world situations, not as an attack on anyone's view. I already know that most of these views are accepted by only a small percentage of people in the "West." And I have no problem with persons accepting views opposing my own. I expect this. This is no reflection on intelligence, willingness to learn. It's not about naivety. 

Also, there are a lot things I already accept as true from the "opposing" side of each argument. My own goal has been to try to accept ideas that fit evidence I have seen, and explain evidence that wouldn't make much sense, otherwise. But there are always ways to fit ANY evidence into a view if one is creative enough. If Stalin was pure evil, for example, then the reason there is no evidence for all the evil things we want to believe about him, is because he was SO EVIL that he killed everyone and everything that could have shown evidence against him. Same would go for Falun Gong organ harvesting. No evidence means that all the Chinese people in government are so evil that they allow no truth of any kind to get out even if it means killing or torturing all who would try. Then it's also easy for us to believe all other evil things we hear that fit the image we've been given. And this makes it easier for propagandists to foist new tales upon us to believe. It takes very little time to sweep up a third of the world to begin believing things that are either not true, or have no real evidence. 

We also live in a time when wrongs are magnified for political and ideological purposes. Let's say a group kills or rapes or tortures 40 people. It's a terrible and disgusting thing! But if it's an ideological enemy of the West, we are bound to see someone post somewhere that it was 400 people. Which number is more likely to be reported, the 40 or 400? Probably the first reports will be "anywhere from 40 to 400." At this point fake news enthusiasts such as governments and government agencies and crazy ideologists will step in and start manufacturing evidence for 4,000 then 40,000. The limits of belief are tested, but if it fits an existing view in the West, for example, it's not going to be difficult. 

At the same time I expect that the non-West is probably doing something similar in creating exaggerated views of the evil in the West.  

And the areas where this is done best are well chosen. Several people actually have died in large demonstration/protests in Ecuador, Haiti, etc. But, in Hong Kong, where no one has died from the demonstrations yet (even though there have been about 3 fake funerals, so far) the West gives many hours of attention, yet close to nothing on Ecuador and Haiti. The violence in a place can be mostly instigated from the right, in Venezuela, for example, and yet the Western media will be expected to focus on violence on the part of the left. Then there are areas where even the news outlets are confused about which side to favor because of competing ideologies. (Turkey, Kurds, Anti-Assad ISIS forces, etc.)

56 minutes ago, Allen_Smith said:

If you follow Aruana, that’s up to you, but some people call that stocking.

Not that I know of.

Besides, I don’t follow her. I said so.

56 minutes ago, Allen_Smith said:

Since we are no longer friends,

It’s news to me.

3 hours ago, Allen_Smith said:

My dear friend TTH. As far as I can tell no one here is a true JW,

I haven’t changed that much in two hours.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:04 PM, divergenceKO said:

Are you telling God what to do? WOW! Setting yourself above God. I haven’t seen such a blasphemous comment. You just condemned your mortal soul, by sinning against God's Holy Spirit. Not to mention God's sovereignty.  I hope it was worth it to you. You can try to apologize, but that kind of sin is unforgivable.

Hey bub, it's your governing body who keeps on changing the spiritual food they dish out, which is supposedly from Jehovah, it's your governing body who are telling Jehovah what to say, and you are worshipping them, that's all on you.

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      Amber Scorah is author of the memoir Leaving the Witness. Growing up in the Jehovah's Witness faith, Scorah moved to mainland China to become an underground missionary. In China, she came to question these beliefs and left the religion. Shunned by family and friends as an apostate, Scorah was alone in Shanghai and thrown into a world she had only known from the periphery, with no education or support system. After growing up in the Jehovah's Witness faith, Amber learned Mandarin Chinese and moved to Mainland China to become an underground missionary. In China, encountering a new culture and making friends outside the faith for the first time, Amber came to question the beliefs she had been taught from childhood and ended up leaving the religion. Amber later moved to New York City, where she began a new life. Several years later, her three-month old son died on his first day in childcare. After this tragedy, Amber became a parental leave advocate. Combining forces with a Republican mother, their bipartisan efforts brought the cause of parental leave to the forefront of the 2016 presidential campaign. She was named one of the 100 most influential people in Brooklyn culture by Brooklyn Magazine. Her writing has appeared in The New York Times, The Believer, The Boston Globe, The Cut, The Globe and Mail and USA Today
    • By Jack Ryan
      The Dutch Parliament has accepted a motion in which is called on the Dutch government to ensure proper care and guidance for apostates.
      I wonder how the Dutch governement is going to act on this motion.
      MOTION BY THE MEMBER OF KOOTEN-ARISSEN
      Proposed 26 September 2019
      The Chamber,
      having heard the deliberations,
      noting that people from orthodox religious communities may encounter a great deal of resistance from their environment if they choose to abandon certain precepts or their faith;
      whereas feelings of loneliness, exclusion and sadness for what is lost can cause a grieving process that people need help with;
      whereas feelings of loneliness, exclusion and sorrow for what has been lost can cause a process of mourning, which people need help with;
      calls on the government to ensure proper care and guidance of apostates, and moves on to the order of the day.
      Van Kooten-Arissen
    • By Witness
      Wt. 11/7/15 - “HOW DO FALSE TEACHERS OPERATE? THEIR METHODS REVEAL A CUNNING SPIRIT. APOSTATES “QUIETLY BRING IN” CORRUPTIVE IDEAS. LIKE SMUGGLERS, THEY OPERATE IN A CLANDESTINE MANNER, SUBTLY INTRODUCING APOSTATE VIEWS”.
      It begins benignly, truthfully, like this:
      Wt. 1882, pgs 71-71 – “BEWARE OF ‘ORGANIZATION’. It is wholly unnecessary. The Bible rules will be the only rules you will need. DO NOT SEEK TO BIND OTHERS’ CONSCIENCES, AND DO NOT PERMIT OTHERS TO BIND YOURS. Believe and obey so far as you can understand God’s Word today, and so continue growing in grace and knowledge and love day by day”.
      And escalates into this:
      Wt. 11/15/81 “Make haste to IDENTIFY the visible theocratic ORGANIZATION of God that represents his king, Jesus Christ. IT IS ESSENTIAL FOR LIFE. Doing so, be complete in accepting its every aspect”.
      Wt. 13/11/15 –“ At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from JEHOVAH’S ORGANIZATION may not appear practical from a human standpoint. ALL OF US MUST BE READY TO OBEY any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.”
      Rev 16:13,14:
      “And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth, (the anointed ones Rev 1:5) and of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.”
      We are aware that a fertilized egg of a frog is laid in a mass under water. In a few days, a tadpole is formed, and eventually, the metamorphosis is complete, as a mature frog has developed. Even the diet during this process changes from grasses to meat.
      In the Watchtower, what begins as a scriptural truth, becomes a full-fledged lie, sourced in Satan’s “sea”, that consumes the individual who submits his mind and heart to it. Each beginning of a lie is part of many, that the Watchtower has ‘morphed’ over the years. These teachings have become unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses. Rev 13:1,2 (Prov 14:25) 

Again, from the WT 11/7/15:
      “AND JUST AS A CLEVER FORGER TRIES TO PASS PHONY DOCUMENTS, SO APOSTATES USE ‘COUNTERFEIT WORDS’, OR FALSE ARGUMENTS, TRYING TO PASS THEIR FABRICATED VIEWS AS IF THEY WERE TRUE.” 
      Here's an example of a fabricated view:
      Wt. 14/1/15 - “How did Jehovah become King in 1914, and what were some of the Kingdom’s early accomplishments? The subsequent famines, earthquakes, and pestilences as well as the fulfillment of other Bible prophecies proved CONCLUSIVELY that Jesus Christ had begun to rule in heaven as King of God’s Kingdom in 1914. By enthroning his Son as the Messianic King, Jehovah had, indeed, become King in a new sense!” 
      The SYMBOLIC famines, earthquakes, pestilences are the labor pains that PRECEDE the birth of God’s Kingdom. This is the natural order of birth. Luke 21:8,9; Mark 13:8; Ezek 22:28  
       “Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the COMING OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST and our gathering together to Him, that you not be quickly shaken from your ]composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a MESSAGE OR A LETTER AS IF FROM US, TO THE EFFECT THAT THE DAY OF THE LORD HAS COME. Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.” 2 Thess 2:1-4
      Watchtower continues: 
      “THEY SPREAD 'DECEPTIVE TEACHINGS,' 'TWISTING'...THE SCRIPTURES TO FIT THEIR OWN IDEAS. (2 Pet. 2:1, 3, 13; 3:16)” 
      Twisting the scriptures, and creating new doctrine such as:
      Wt 02/8/1 - “Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the earth. These men deserve our respect and wholehearted support, whether they are of the anointed or not. Why? Because, through his holy spirit, Jehovah has appointed the older men to their positions. Hebrews 13:7,17" 
      JWs, go back to the scriptures to find the truth:
      Num 18:7 - “But you and your sons will carry out your priestly responsibilities for everything concerning the altar and for what is inside the veil, and you will do that work. I am giving you the work of the priesthood as a gift, BUT AN UNAUTHORIZED PERSON WHO COMES NEAR THE SANCTUARY WILL BE PUT TO DEATH."
       Who are the Temple sanctuary?  1 Cor 3:16,17; 1 Pet 2:5,9; 2Chron.13:9; Ezek 22:26;Eze.44:6,7,8,9; 2Thess.2:4; Dan.11:31; Matt.24:15; Rev 11:1,2
      “CLEARLY, APOSTATES DO NOT HAVE OUR BEST INTERESTS AT HEART. FOLLOWING THEM WOULD DIVERT US FROM THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO ETERNAL LIFE”. 
      Shepherd the Flock book, page 65 (the previous version) – 
      “Apostasy is a standing away from true worship, a falling away, defection, rebellion.”
      It includes: 
      “Deliberately spreading teachings contrary to bible truth…
      AS TAUGHT BY JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES”

Pearl Doxsey, 4womaninthewilderness blogspot
      “The Kingdom—1914?”
      “The Sign of the End”

• By Jack Ryan
      Here is the quote from Jehovah's Witnesses calling former members "mentally diseased"

https://www.jw.borg/en/publications/magazines/ws20110715/Will-You-Pay-Attention-to-Jehovahs-Clear-Warnings/#?insight[search_id]=11735035-7186-4c2a-bcfd-283925a24106&insight[search_result_index]=0

Where in the scripture does it say that apostates are mentally diseased? I guess that's just their translation.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      The invasion of the mentally ill professional apostates is repeated again, at a Kingdom Hall in full meeting. Once the prayer is over, an invader gets on the stage and the ushers are forced to lower it. But among the attendees there are more apostates, including the one who is recording the video. They almost have to be forcibly evicted because they are reluctant to leave  while criticizing the organization. They gather at the door while the brothers prevent them from entering again and call the police. The arrival of the police causes some to run away, and the agent takes data from those who bother a private meeting. Let's take note of the scene that will surely be repeated in many  countries.

• By Jack Ryan
      I see more and more stories about this woman Barbara Anderson
      What exactly did she do at Bethel? Does she have an interesting story?
    • By Jack Ryan
      bh chap. 11 pp. 110-112 pars. 12-15 - Imagine that a teacher is telling his students how to solve a difficult problem. A clever....student claims that the teacher’s way of solving the problem is wrong. What should the teacher do?....suppose that the teacher allows the rebel to show the class how he would solve the problem...he knows that allowing them the opportunity to try to prove their point will benefit the whole class. When the rebels fail, all honest students will see that the teacher is the only one qualified to lead the class....consider two things that the teacher in our illustration would not do............he would not stop the rebel student from presenting his case.
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Marek Markus
    Newest Member
    Marek Markus

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.