The Librarian

• Views 22.1k
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As vitriolic as the spiteful crticisms of apostate opposers are, there is a remarkable tide of recognition of the integrity of Jehovah's Witnesses, even among those who do not share our beliefs.

That's true, but it would not attract as much attention. Rutherford had been a political marketer before following Russell/WT/Bible Students. This is why he would ADV/ADV/ADV. And why gimmicks like pu

Nobody but nobody has “apostates” like Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is almost as though I am proud of them. Every NT writer wrote about opposition and apostasy. If it happened then, it should happen now. W

Posted Images

3 hours ago, divergenceKO said:

Does this mean Jesus was wrong to commission the apostles? Does this mean Jesus was wrong to appoint the 70 men? Do you “reject” the words in scripture about leaders? Did God’s commission stop just because you don’t like a certain group? Are other Christians following the letter of Christ instructions and God’s commands?

In answering on this and many more, we can use words; Yes, No, I don't know, You don't now, I am right, You are wrong .... but "the best" answers are on JW official  web sites ................

3 hours ago, divergenceKO said:

I hope you understand the difference between the Bible Students and JW's.

........ :))) from Bible Students era till now.

19 hours ago, Arauna said:

Ah- 1944.  The world was a different place then.

Again, a case of taking something out of historical context and applying 21st century values retroactively. 

I understand what you are saying, but the world will always be a different place in retrospect. 100 years from now we will be saying the same thing about the world today. I'm not being critical of the org, I would just like to point out that what we think are facts today, in retrospect may not be fact at all. I don't agree with JTR on many things, but he has a point when he says things will be as they are supposed to be regardless of what we say they will be. Honestly, most of the time it's just guess work, and we do well not too take ourselves to seriously over it.  As long as we understand clear admonition such as: "Therefore, beloved ones, since you are awaiting these things, do your utmost to be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace" (2 Peter 3:14)  I don't think we should be overly concerned about whether the interpretation of the generation is correct or not,  or the meaning of the Locusts, or the hailstones, or ancient worthies etc. Everything will happen on time and according to Jehovah's will. We can just speculate.

so why expect more from the JW artist who drew the picture?

Well it wasn't really up to the artist. It was up to Br. Rutherford, he called the shots at the time.

16 minutes ago, Anna said:

It was up to Br. Rutherford, he called the shots at the time.

They all had the same frame of mind - that is why I mentioned the overall racist frame of mind of everyone in USA.  I do not think br Rutherford said to the artist he must draw a light guy.... he just did it automatically and it was approved.

24 minutes ago, Anna said:

I don't agree with JTR on many things, but he has a point when he says things will be as they are supposed to be regardless of what we say they will be. Honestly, most of the time it's just guess work, and we do well not to take ourselves to seriously over it. 

Years ago, I sent my family to an assembly somewhere,  and they were gone four days (which cost me about $600) and when they came back they said I REALLY REALLY should have gone with them

They were excited, and I asked them what they learned that was so great (that took 4 days, and $600 to learn ... but I didn't say that out loud ...).

They said that that they learned that what we USED to believe about Nebuchadnezzer's Image in the book of Daniel was all wrong, and the TOES, which used to mean something completely different ... NOW mean something NEW that is completely different.  They were as excited as a puppy with a pork chop about this.

Somehow, I was less than enthused, and visualized six, one hundred dollar bills with wings, flying South for the winter, never to be seen again.

I suspect that revelation could have been put on one side of a post card, and still would not be worth the postage.

18 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I do not think br Rutherford said to the artist he must draw a light guy.... he just did it automatically and it was approved.

I do not think Rutherford said you must draw a light guy either, but as you say, he approved it 🙂

4 minutes ago, Anna said:

you say, he approved it 🙂

But in historical context any white person on the globe would have approved the picture because no-one white realized they were racist. 

Many whites (professors at universities)  in 1950s still called island dwellers savages..... and other names- which we will not go into here. The world was dominated by whites - especially in Africa.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:24 PM, Matthew9969 said:

If that is all you know, then you know very little.

Judging my knowledge on a few sentences?    But the little I know is absolute truth...... and I have enough of Jehovahs spirit to be able to recognize the truth by His grace. 

6 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Judging my knowledge on a few sentences?    But the little I know is absolute truth...... and I have enough of Jehovahs spirit to be able to recognize the truth by His grace. 

It is a ridiculous statement that he made, and I thought of coming to your defense on it. But I talk too much as it is.

Historical context should not be taken into account? What is he smoking? Still, such is the adolescent thinking of our time—wont to equate “context” with “raising a straw-man argument.”

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.