The Librarian

• Views 22.2k
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As vitriolic as the spiteful crticisms of apostate opposers are, there is a remarkable tide of recognition of the integrity of Jehovah's Witnesses, even among those who do not share our beliefs.

That's true, but it would not attract as much attention. Rutherford had been a political marketer before following Russell/WT/Bible Students. This is why he would ADV/ADV/ADV. And why gimmicks like pu

Nobody but nobody has “apostates” like Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is almost as though I am proud of them. Every NT writer wrote about opposition and apostasy. If it happened then, it should happen now. W

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Anna said:

Lol. Yes, fine by me of course. Sorry for changing the topic. I blame Witness.

Actually, you are right. I'll put off trying because I hadn't figured out how to extract the topic from all the other comments since Witness brought it up. Maybe we can leave it here and just let it come up elsewhere if anyone wants to restart it elsewhere. I didn't want to talk about it, but saw how much info you provided. It's a lot of good info and thought it might not get looked at properly without a new topic.

5 hours ago, JW Insider said:

@Anna, Can these posts about Rutherford/Hitler be moved to a new topic? I'll check with TTH of course, but I think I can still do this. 

You know, it does me good to reminisce on this. 

I was stung when Admin (actually the Librarian, but I maybe under Admin’s prodding) slapped me with an “Abuse” penalty, and I almost left the site. Instead, I stayed and the experience eventually because a lead-in for “TrueTom vs the Apostates!”

I went I to write so many posts here that certain ones (I’m not sure if they are serious or not) began insisting that I was the owner. When no amount of denial would dissuade them, I decided to reverse course and take over.

Recently I told @admin not to worry about it—I see that MacDonald’s is hiring. I even told him he could use me as a reference.

3 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I'll put off trying because I hadn't figured out how to extract the topic from all the other comments

Conversation is like net. We building issue and upgrading it with many details on main structure. At first it looked as they are not connected with first subject of title that gathered us to speak. But everything we mentioned in short or long way, talking about bigger, whole picture we all looking from various (different and opposite) angles and standpoints. 

Think how this is instance of what is happened here with Letter. Because, how would you explain "big jump" from main issue about JW opposers to less important, or  perhaps trivial conversation in comparison to main subject, about what Jesus did look like :)). Our friend @James Thomas Rook Jr. had put green frog-like creature. This Green remake is parody under question about how person in question would look in some artistic mind ............................ or how "opposers" look like ...to some JW's  :)))))

11 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I will highlighted in red color some parts of text, and add some comment... and apologize for too much text :)) 

That's ok. I will need some time to go through it properly, and I don't have that right now. Going on vacation 🌍. But I will try as soon as I can.

40 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Think how this is instance of what is happened here with Letter. Because, how would you explain "big jump" from main issue about JW opposers to less important, or  perhaps trivial conversation in comparison to main subject, about what Jesus did look like :))

I know what you mean. Most of the time when a person puts up a post that goes to a different topic, it's not that serious and they don't intend to create an in-depth discussion of that new topic. But Anna quoted something from another website with enough material in it to make 100 posts the length of this one.

For example, if I mention mad cow disease as an aside, I know that JTR, for example, just might be able to find a video about cows that are arming themselves with guns for some kind of revolution, or something. But I doubt that this means JTR wants to discuss either mad cow disease or the advisability of allowing four-legged creatures to have arms.

41 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

You know, it does me good to reminisce on this. 

I remember when you were a newbie and weren't quite sure what to make of some people and got quite upset with some. I had been here a few years before you and I knew it won't take you too long to figure out the set up here 😀. There is a eastern European saying: "One can get used to anything, even the gallows"

17 hours ago, Witness said:

Through the eyes of a Catholic and not through the eyes of a member of "Jehovah's organization".   

Then your own sarcastic eyes deceive you since Catholics are the ones that started, Jesus was white, blonde hair, blue eyes through its early teachings of the Vatican. Don’t be deceptive to ignore your own failure as a human being if you consider yourself Christian.

Writing, Jehovah’s Witnesses organization over and over to insinuate you’re more of a failure than the organization is telling enough. The same kind of information is found with people that support your kind of disingenuous substance by their submissions.

7 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Then your own sarcastic eyes deceive you since Catholics are the ones that started, Jesus was white, blonde hair, blue eyes through its early teachings of the Vatican. Don’t be deceptive to ignore your own failure as a human being if you consider yourself Christian.

Writing, Jehovah’s Witnesses organization over and over to insinuate you’re more of a failure than the organization is telling enough. The same kind of information is found with people that support your kind of disingenuous substance by their submissions.

So there is no distinction between what the Catholics thought Jesus looked like, and the organization.  Hmmm.  No spiritual insight by those in “Jehovah’s organization” (yes, I said it again) that Jesus was a native Jew and probably took on the characteristics of a native Jew, as his cousin John the Baptist did in the drawing above. You are telling me that no distinction is seen in this area between Christendom's perception and the organization's perception.   

By today’s standards, does the organization have it right yet?

This is a painting of  Christ which I believe reveals the suffering he experienced, walking his path in truth while on earth.  The Russian painter , not a JW, seemed to comprehend Isa 53:2   He produced this painting in 1872.  

ivan-nikolaevich-kramskoi-christ-in-the-

"He grew up before him like a young plant and like a root out of dry ground. He didn't have an impressive form or majesty that we should look at him, no appearance that we should desire him."

The following are the organization’s drawings of Jesus.  Notice the terrific hairdos, always nicely manicured.  I mean, it's a layered cut.  

Image result for Watchtower organization memorial

Related image

What is more important, the outer appearance of  a man, or what lies in his heart?  John 6:63; Matt 15:18,19  The way the organization depicts Jesus, is the way JWs are to appear to others in the world.  Physical appearance regarding people, their dress, the appearance of  buildings, and whatever else we can see with our eyes, are of utmost importance.  How the organization is viewed in a worldly way takes precedence over its ability to produce sound, lasting, spiritual truth.   The WT's sins, are covered over carefully by this facade of eye-catching desirability. 

As Jesus told the Pharisees, 

Then the Lord said to him, “Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness."  Luke 11:39

The message behind the first picture expresses the thought that the glory of Jesus,  is perceived only with spiritual eyes.  John 13:31,32  No wonder the organization draws Jesus as it does.  He is seen through the eyes of worldly men, who treasure their worldly possessions;  forgetting that God sees all of us far differently.  

And he told them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the sight of others, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly admired by people is revolting in God's sight.  Luke 16:15

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or his stature because I have rejected him. Humans do not see what the LORD sees,  for humans see what is visible, but the LORD sees the heart."  1 Sam 16:17

Am I a Christian?  I bore testimony to Christ, and I was disfellowshipped for it.  :) Luke 21:12-15;  John 16:2; Rev 13:15; 11:7

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.