The World News Media

Roderick Watkins Guilty on all charges, four counts of felony sexual assault. Handcuffed in front of wife and entire courtroom. Jury deliberating sentence now. 5 to 20 years per count per law, to run consecutively

Jack Ryan

Roderick Watkins Guilty on all charges, four counts of felony sexual assault. Handcuffed in front of wife and entire courtroom. Jury deliberating sentence now. 5 to 20 years per count per law, to run consecutively

-------------------

State of Arkansas v Roderick G Watkins

state-of-arkansas-v-roderick-g-watkins.pdf

Case ID: 12CR-18-263 – STATE V RODERICK G WATKINS

Court Documents, including Arrest Warrant and Charge Sheets

Former Jehovah’s Witness elder Roderick Watkins charges with four Class B felony offences against minors.

Trial to commence October 2, 2019.

• Views 888
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love this quote I saw on Reddit:  

They will have an underground tunnel next.

Posted Images

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 11.48.05 AM.png

Arrest-Warrant-Roderick-G-Watkins-1010x1024.jpg

Arrest Warrant for Roderick Watkins

The following police report by Osborn has been redacted by JW Survey to protect the names of the victims and their immediate family members.

The Police Report, Victim #1

On October 9th, 2018, [The mother of victim #1] contacted the Sheriff’s office regarding sexual abuse of her son. [She] sounded distraught as she explained that her 12-year-old son named [victim #1] had disclosed to her, one week ago, that a trusted family friend had touched him inappropriately on his inner thigh. [She] said that the family friend is Roderick Watkins [who] lives in Heber Springs.”

“[The Mother of victim #1] told me that she had reported her son’s disclosure to her pastor and her pastor had told her he was reporting the incident to the child abuse hotline. [She] said that today, her son told her that Watkins had touched his privates. [She] told how this shocked her because she had thought her son had only been touched on the leg. She said she asked her son to tell her exactly what happened and she said her son told her that he had been at “Rod’s house”, downstairs, which is located in, Cleburne County, at 1310 N Broadway, Apt 13. Her son reported they watched a movie and Rod came in and rubbed his feet. She said her son, [victim #1] , said Watkins stopped rubbing his feet and ran his hand up his shorts and into his underwear. He said Watkins then rubbed his private parts for a few seconds. [The mother] said [victim #1] told her he got up and walked away. She said her son told her this had happened only that one time and it had been about a year ago.”

“[The mother] said that she doesn’t know what to do and said that she just wanted to let someone know that he had disclosed additional information. I asked her if she has spoken to anyone from CACD or DCFS since the pastor made the call and she said she had not I advised her that I would call and report this information and that I will be opening a criminal investigation. Case # 18-01126.”

On October 11th, 2018, a forensic interview was conducted and recorded with [victim #1] . [victim #1] gives a detailed discloser [sic] about being touched on his genitals by Roderick Watkins at Watkins’ home. He tells how Watkins is a trusted family friend, babysitter and is a member of his Kingdom Hall. Watkins is trusted by everyone because he is a church elder.”

The Second Victim

“On October 12th, 2018, I was contacted by CACD and advised that another report of sexual contact by Roderick Watkins was called into the hot line and a forensic Interview was being scheduled for this victim, 15-year-old [victim #2]. [victim #2] disclosed touching of his genitalia and other sexual contact by Roderick Watkins that continued for years on multiple occasions at Watkins’ home and at [victim #2] ‘s home. [victim #2] disclosed threats by Watkins to [victim #2] ‘s dog, electronic toys, and a young friend if he disclosed the sexual contact. The circumstances surrounding the incident were similar to those of [victim #1] in that his family was also in the same church and had a close relationship with Watkins and Watkin’s wife.”

“On October 19th, 2018,[The parents of victim #2] came to the Sheriffs Office to file an official report on the behalf of their 15-year-old son [victim #2]. Report# 18-01220. The [parents] advised that Roderick Watkins was an Elder of their congregation and a Pioneer. They said he was very involved in the congregation and helped everyone. They also advise that Watkins is [victim #2]’s uncle by marriage and he has been a strong influence to [victim #2] for most of his young life. The [parents] do not know the details of [victim #2] ‘s disclosure, which I had already reviewed. They tell me that [victim #2] ‘s behavior and demeanor changed drastically when he was about 7 years old. This matches [victim #2]’s account of the first incident [victim #2] had with Watkins in 2010.”

“On October 19th, 2018, Roderick Watkins and his wife agreed to come in to discuss the allegations. Later this same day, instead of the Watkins’ coming, an attorney called and advised he was representing Watkins who declined to make a statement. Also, on this day, a search warrant for the residence of Roderick Watkins was executed and items of evidence were collected.”

The Third Victim

“On October 21st, 2018, [mother of the second victim] came to the Sheriffs Office with her 18-year-old daughter, [victim #3]. CCSO report # 18-01225. [victim #3] told me how when she was approximately 9 years old, she was sitting on Roderick Watkins’ Lap under a blanket at Watkin’s home in Cleburne County, and he touched her genitalia under her clothes. She said Watkins was a trusted member of their church congregation. She said she told no one about that incident and a few months later, it happened again the same way in Independence County at her home on [redacted address], Arkansas.”

“[The mother of victim #3] tells how even though her daughter had not told her about this incident until about a year ago, she had noticed her 9-year-old daughter sitting on Watkins’ lap and he had his hands under her blanket. [victim #3] said she told another member of the congregation about it at that time and this member confronted Watkins about not letting the child sit on his lap anymore.[The mother] goes on to say that once her daughter told her what happened to her, they reported it to the Elders and an investigation began. She said they were told by church elders that Watkins had done this unintentionally. She said nothing was done at first other than some suspension of his duties, but then when another unknown child came forward later, Watkins was disfellowshipped from the congregation.”

“As the investigation progressed, several people called in and came by the office and gave statements about seeing Watkins touch the above-mentioned victims inappropriately. Many of them tell how Watkins is a very affectionate touchy person towards children. They all agree that Watkins had a large influence and authority over this congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

The Fourth Victim

“On November 1st, 2018, [victim #4] came to the Office and CCSO. Report #18-01246. [victim #4] give detailed disclosure of being touched on his private areas under his clothes on two occasions back in 2011 when he was 16 years old by Roderick Watkins at [address redacted] in the summer and on November 2011 at War Memorial Stadium in Pulaski County during an event. The circumstances and actions of the two incidents with Watkins that [victim #4] detailed was similar to those of [victim #1] , [victim#2], and [victim #3]. [victim #4] tells how he reported his incidents to the Elders of his congregation soon after the second incident occurred. [victim #4] tells how he was not believed by the Elders and how he was told that he had “perceived” the incidents inaccurately. He said he and his family were treated differently after this. He said Watkins was one of the main Elders and he provided significant resources for the congregation. [victim #4] said when he turned 18 he stopped going to the meetings at the Kingdom Hall because he could not stand to watch as others continued to trust Watkins unconditionally.”

“At this point in the above-mentioned investigations, I believe probable cause exists to arrest Roderick Watkins for four counts of Sexual Assault in the 2nd degree. It is therefore prayed that a warrant to arrest be issued. “

“I swear the allegations contained herein are the truth, to the best of my knowledge, information and belief.”

Detective Jenifer Osborne (Signed)

The Proximity of Watkins to the Kingdom Hall

The investigation of Watkins has taken a few interesting turns. Court documents obtained by Survey reveal that the address provided by Roderick Watkins is directly linked with the Heber Springs Arkansas Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

broadway-terrace-and-kingdom-hall-jws.jpg

I love this quote I saw on Reddit:

"The sect of Jehovah’s Witnesses is guided by the belief that these men are appointed by “God’s Holy Spirit”, and that congregation elders act upon this force, which weeds out that which is unholy or in opposition to God’s will. Yet the cold reality is that no artificial “spirit” has ever prevented a child from being molested."

Scripture states, those that do harm will be punished. Does it mean, “Only” through judicial means, or can secular punishment be applied.

The thing to note, ex-witnesses have a hard time giving full account on matters that are no longer part of the Org.

"Redwood was there to see former Jehovah’s Witnesses elder Roderick Watkins tried for numerous allegations of child sexual abuse that took place over several years (and Watkins is also a suspect of additional abuse in Indiana, Redwood says)."

Then ex-witnesses use an address of a kingdom hall to speculate this former elder is still part of the Org. Satan sure does have a flair for theatrics.

16 hours ago, Allen_Smith said:

The thing to note, ex-witnesses have a hard time giving full account on matters that are no longer part of the Org.

I think this is true in the case of Redwood. In spite of an air of superiority as if he is the expert that everyone needs to acknowledge in these cases, he appears to be driven by hatred of elders, and hatred of the Watchtower organization. I believe he was involved in a write-up that I read on the Atlantic.com. That article had a couple of serious mistakes in it, and tries to make the case against the Watchtower look much worse than the evidence he offers.

9 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

They will have an underground tunnel next.

I guess the point would be, opposers will always take information and distort it. They will find disingenuous ways to falsely accuse the Watchtower.

First, ex-witnesses were screaming at the top of their lungs, how the Watchtower was safeguarding sex offenders. Falsely accused. Now that the Watchtower has passed the responsibility to secular authority by law, ex-witnesses are screaming bloody murder, once again because they don’t like the due process of secular authority.

It never ends!

evidence.jpg

US.jpg

If secular authority cannot prove an allegation, and a judicial committee can’t either, safeguards have been put in place, at least by the Watchtower for the Elders to protect the victim until such time an allegation can be substantiated with evidence.

Can any opposer show me evidence where man’s law allows for a forced confession or a confession by corrosion and intimidation? How about God’s law?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.