The World News Media

Dutch Parliament accepted motion related to care for religious apostates

Jack Ryan

The Dutch Parliament has accepted a motion in which is called on the Dutch government to ensure proper care and guidance for apostates.

I wonder how the Dutch governement is going to act on this motion.

MOTION BY THE MEMBER OF KOOTEN-ARISSEN

Proposed 26 September 2019

The Chamber,

having heard the deliberations,
noting that people from orthodox religious communities may encounter a great deal of resistance from their environment if they choose to abandon certain precepts or their faith;
whereas feelings of loneliness, exclusion and sadness for what is lost can cause a grieving process that people need help with;
whereas feelings of loneliness, exclusion and sorrow for what has been lost can cause a process of mourning, which people need help with;
calls on the government to ensure proper care and guidance of apostates, and moves on to the order of the day.

Van Kooten-Arissen

• Views 460
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Dutch Parliament has accepted a motion in which is called on the Dutch government to ensure proper care and guidance for apostates. I wonder how the Dutch governement is going to act on this

No- I meant "old" in sense of ruling for a long time like despots and do not get voted out. They are all younger than I am - and I do not consider myself old.... 

Ludicrous politics at best.  Watch some EU proceedings in its parliament with the old Belgian and Dutch leaders and you will see what I mean.  

If I were a politician I would suggest they get their comfort in the red light district of Nederland. Lol.

1 minute ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Old leaders 

Sounds like a presumptuous youth speaking....

Reminds me of the African elders in the African tribes..... they have acquired a mildness and wisdom with age - not so judgmental.

When young Africans overthrow the elders and run the elder courts themselves  - gross injustices occur.  Elders do make mistakes too..... but the presumptiousness of youth have far worse results.

A lesson can be learnt from this.... of course these traditions are fast disappearing.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.