Jack Ryan

Norwegian talk show "Nytt på Nytt" making fun of Jehovah's Witnesses - English subtitles

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Jack Ryan -
Srecko Sostar -

Top Posters

Ironic: And they (the scandinavians) bring in more and more muslim migrants  in which religion a woman really has no rights (half of a man in Sharia court) and they throw gays off of high buildings and LGBT, adultery, and changing your religion will get you killed - not shunned.  They marry nine years olds legally ( and cases are thrown out of high court because it is their "culture" to marry kids) and are allowed up to 4 wives which each get their own paid-for apartment for their 3 to 4 children. Each Muslim gets free medical, housing, money for food etc.

Swedes give ISIS fighters a new identity and give them housing. 

The injustice of this has not even dawned on them..... they are being "virtuous" by doing these wonderful deeds...for Muslims. because this new "cultural revolution" philosophy, which is part of communistic radical feminism, has no logic.

The 'mother instinct' to nurture minority groups (muslims and LGBTQ) is virtuous - they do no research and reasoning about it is taboo -  in this radical philosophy, which is now in all schools and universities in the West. If they looked at stats they would find out that Islam is soon the be the largest religion on earth - and most violent to non-believers or hypocrites (other muslims).

They are nurturing a viper in their bosom. Muslims are in favor  and Christian's are totally out of favour for these secular politicians  - especially the devoted christians. 100,000 Kurdish Christian's will soon be slaughtered by Turkey..... they will not get migrant status - as has happened before in Syria and IRAQ - most christians slaughtered. Christians are daily being slaughtered in north Africa by al Shabaab and Boko Haram and taken as sex slaves - nothing in the news about this. Why? Because Islam has now received the stamp of approval as a religion of peace (one can go to jail in Scandinavia and UK if one says anything negative about it....... even when they commit crimes, it is covered up!) 

Islamic culture is now taught in all schools and the high court in USA just threw out a case against parents who objected..... so kids are forced to learn Islam as being beautiful and they are forced to write and recite the shahada-  which makes you a Muslim when you say it in front of witnesses.  How ignorance prevails!  Some Christian's applications for refugee status have been rejected by Canada and UK.

Yes - good to see the animosity against JWs as singled out Christian's....... it means things are moving ahead as predicted in the Bible......the day is here, and will escalate in hate,  when each one acknowledging Christ will be persecuted.

When these stupid politicians wake up it will be too late...... but they are so secular in their thinking they do not see the real danger....... as some opposers with secular thinking are here on this forum.

The Pope is signing an agreement next year with the other abrahamic religions.... Judaism and Islam..... one united religion. Here is the rub:  jesus Christ has been totally removed from the agreement....... great!  ......The 'man of lawlessness'  is being exposed.

All supporters of 'amorality' (against the just morality of Jehovah) are now showing their true colours.

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

Ironic: And they (the scandinavians) bring in more and more muslim migrants  in which religion a woman really has no rights (half of a man in Sharia court) and they throw gays off of high buildings and LGBT, adultery, and changing your religion will get you killed - not shunned.  They marry nine years olds legally ( and cases are thrown out of high court because it is their "culture" to marry kids) and are allowed up to 4 wives which each get their own paid-for apartment for their 3 to 4 children. Each Muslim gets free medical, housing, money for food etc.

Swedes give ISIS fighters a new identity and give them housing. 

The injustice of this has not even dawned on them..... they are being "virtuous" by doing these wonderful deeds...for Muslims. because this new "cultural revolution" philosophy, which is part of communistic radical feminism, has no logic.

The 'mother instinct' to nurture minority groups (muslims and LGBTQ) is virtuous - they do no research and reasoning about it is taboo -  in this radical philosophy, which is now in all schools and universities in the West. If they looked at stats they would find out that Islam is soon the be the largest religion on earth - and most violent to non-believers or hypocrites (other muslims).

They are nurturing a viper in their bosom. Muslims are in favor  and Christian's are totally out of favour for these secular politicians  - especially the devoted christians. 100,000 Kurdish Christian's will soon be slaughtered by Turkey..... they will not get migrant status - as has happened before in Syria and IRAQ - most christians slaughtered. Christians are daily being slaughtered in north Africa by al Shabaab and Boko Haram and taken as sex slaves - nothing in the news about this. Why? Because Islam has now received the stamp of approval as a religion of peace (one can go to jail in Scandinavia and UK if one says anything negative about it....... even when they commit crimes, it is covered up!) 

Islamic culture is now taught in all schools and the high court in USA just threw out a case against parents who objected..... so kids are forced to learn Islam as being beautiful and they are forced to write and recite the shahada-  which makes you a Muslim when you say it in front of witnesses.  How ignorance prevails!  Some Christian's applications for refugee status have been rejected by Canada and UK.

Yes - good to see the animosity against JWs as singled out Christian's....... it means things are moving ahead as predicted in the Bible......the day is here, and will escalate in hate,  when each one acknowledging Christ will be persecuted.

When these stupid politicians wake up it will be too late...... but they are so secular in their thinking they do not see the real danger....... as some opposers with secular thinking are here on this forum.

The Pope is signing an agreement next year with the other abrahamic religions.... Judaism and Islam..... one united religion. Here is the rub:  jesus Christ has been totally removed from the agreement....... great!  ......The 'man of lawlessness'  is being exposed.

All supporters of 'amorality' (against the just morality of Jehovah) are now showing their true colours.

Animosity and persecution are two totally different things, we don't see jw's being persecuted for their faith like true Christians are, thus jw's are not Christians.

I don't reason with people who cannot follow the thread of an argument..... 

There are other religions who are getting away with child rape as part of their teachings and regular PRACTICE  ....but  only JWs singled out for the odd renegade members. 

There are top society members, members of government and CIA who are trafficking children and it is covered up.... such as the Epstein case has exposed the rampant rotten wickedness of these people.

How many cities in UK were exposed as having rape rings of perpetrators and police were too afraid to prosecute because they were members of the ' religion of peace.' .... this proves your bias and hate towards JWs because you only single them out.

Yep .... it's a problem all right .....

We will probably get more respect and attention when we start carrying rifles, rocket propelled grenades, bomb vests, and "new light" includes 72 virile, nubile virgins. Preferably with gymnastic abilities.

I talked to some Muslims one time about converting, and they got really excited when they found out I could fly a 747.

Can you fly .mp4

The world is sitting on a time-bomb waiting to explode.  There are so many issues that are covered up or not addressed. If one speaks the truth you will be prosecuted.  ....... this is why I believe that we will soon see major changes in the world......  Satan is being drawn out of his lair.

7 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Satan has a lair?

Interesting question.  His lair appears to be one’s heart.

“You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.”  Matt 23:34

Satan is a beast (Rev 12:7; Ps 74:12-14) who requires a lair -

noun
a wild animal's resting place, especially one that is well hidden.
"the badgers carried the food back to their lair"

The food that feeds an evil heart is a banquet of corruption.  

He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder,  adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly.  All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”   Mark 7:20-23

Jesus' offer - “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."  John 14:23

A home can indicate a place of thriving love, comfort, refreshment, rest, peace, joy...life.  It welcomes others, hospitably.  

“On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.  Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”  By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive.  Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.”  John 7:37-39

Each heart produces the "fruitage" of the spirit that resides within it:

"But the fruit of the Spirit (of God) is love, joy, peace forbearance, kindness, goodness faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Against such things there is no law."

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."   Gal 5:22,25

~~~~~~~~

"in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others."  Eph 2:1-3

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      A Norwegian JW woman, who was sexually abused, was disfellowshipped for fornication. The woman first appealed inside the organization - without success. Feeling injustice, she then decided to sue Jehovah's Witnesses. The court decided last month that the disfellowshipping was against the Norwegian law and must be canceled. The court also ordered the local Jehovah's Witness organization to pay 100 000 NOK to the woman.
      Here is the story, in a Norwegian newspaper.
    • By Jack Ryan
      https://www.vl.no/nyhet/fjern-statsstotten-til-jehovas-vitner-1.1569015
      This story is out today!
      For context:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/cn1oag/made_national_news_on_government_level_today_hit/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
      https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/cnzy6z/massive_exposure_today_regarding_jw_and_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
      https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/cpqji8/my_written_opinion_regarding_jwvoting_in_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
      Google translate of today's development:
      -Remove the state aid for Jehovah's Witnesses
      MDG (Green Party) believes Prime Minister Kjell Ingolf Ropstad has only one choice: -Remove state aid from Jehovah's Witnesses. Ap (Labour Party) thinks he should have taken hold of the religious community a long time ago.
      Vårt Land revealed last week that members of Jehovah's Witnesses can be expelled from the faith community if they vote in elections. Kjell Ingolf Ropstad (KrF), who is in charge of the Solberg government's belief and life policy, went out saying that voting rights for Jehovah's Witnesses could be the basis for withdrawing state aid.
      At the Storting (parliament), the parties look differently at what reactions the religious community should meet with.
      The clearest
      MDG says it clear. The party believes the practice revealed must have serious consequences for Jehovah's Witnesses, spokesman Arild Hermstad said.
      «Should Ropstad Withdraw State Aid When Religious Communities Urge Members Not to Participate in Democratic Elections?»
      -«Yes. It is not acceptable for religious communities to put pressure, ban, or punish those who choose to vote. It is an obvious violation of human rights and a violation of Norwegian law. If they do not change practices, we believe they should not receive state aid,» says Hermstad.
      The point of view is far supported by Rødt («Red»). Vice President Silje Kjosbakken says they "are looking into the possibility of depriving Jehovah's Witnesses support":
      -«We will not ban religious communities that ask members not to exercise their voting rights, but we see no reason to give them public support either.»
      Boundaries
      Kari Henriksen in the Labour Party believes that Ropstad as Minister of Religion should have addressed this earlier.
      «I'm a little surprised that Ropstad didn't know about the practice of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is known that they will not vote, but perhaps less well known what the consequences it will have for members who choose to vote,» says Henriksen, who is a member of the the cultural and family committee in the parliament.
      «Ropstad should be invited to dialogue with Jehovah's Witnesses before threatening to deprive the state aid,» says Henriksen.
      She believes that state aid should be an active tool for engaging in dialogue with closed faith communities.
      «Today, the state would rather report after the aid has been distributed. Now that this has happened, Ropstad should have invited Jehovah's Witnesses to dialogue, stating clearly where the boundaries of the larger community are going.»
      Surprised
      SV's Freddy Øvstegård sits on the same committee as Henriksen.
      «When I was younger, I knew several Jehovah's Witnesses who were politically interested but had to hide this. Therefore, they were secret members of youth parties. This was talked about in the Christian environment, so I'm quite surprised that the reactions from Ropstad are only coming now,» says Øvstegård.
      He believes that Jehovah's Witnesses are not alone in having a problematic religious practice.
      -«We have to be consistent in the treatment of human rights violations in several faiths. Norway must become better at cracking down on all forms of social control across religious groups.»
      «Do you think it was right for Ropstad to threaten to wothdraw the state aid?»
      «Yes, certainly given that they deny their members the right to vote. This is serious, and it is only now that we see this kind of abuse so clearly.»
      The Center Party (SP) spokeswoman - and member of the same committee, Åslaug Sem-Jacobsen, says that the party "has noted that the Minister of Religion is now addressing the matter and will discuss it with the concerned county people":
      «We hope it does not take too long and will listen to the government's assessments as they come.»
      Reactions
      The ruling parties are careful to comment on the possibility of state aid cuts for Jehovah's Witnesses. But KrF's parliamentary representative Jorunn Gleditsch Lossius says she "responds":
      «If it is true that members of Jehovah's Witnesses can be excluded and excluded if they use the right to vote, I react strongly to this.»
      «Should state aid be withdrawn when religious communities urge members not to participate in democratic elections?»
      «The prime minister has now asked the individual county council to assess whether there have been violations of democratic rights and principles. And there will always be a delicate balance towards upholding freedom of belief.»
      Basic
      Kristin Ørmen Johnsen (H), chair of the Storting's Family and Cultural Committee, has one comment:
      «It is a fundamental right to be able to vote in elections, and it is unacceptable if someone is prevented from using their right to vote.»
      Left-wing faith and life-spokesperson Grunde Almeland says voting "one of the most fundamental rights of Norwegian citizens":
      «If authorities threaten individuals using this fundamental right with sanctions, it is, as I feel it, an abuse of power.»
      Undermines
      The Progressive Party (FrP), as the only government party, is clear that they do not want to distribute state aid to any religious community.
      «I think the matter gets extra serious when religion is used as an anti-democratic press», says Frps representative in the Family and Culture Committee, Morten Wold, and add:
      «Faith is a private matter. Once we have public support for communities of faith and beliefs, it is absolutely essential that they do not undermine democracy and violate fundamental human rights.»
      Picture in article. Photo: Xueqi Pang - the journalist.
    • By Jack Ryan
      Seems that, so far, only one source mentions JWs....
      Following are Google Translated (into English) links:
      http://www.framtidinord.no/ntb/innenriks/2017/03/31/Drapssiktet-fremstilles-for-varetekt-i-Steinkjer-14528768.ece
      http://www.innherred.no/nyheter/2017/03/30/Far-i-60-%C3%A5rene-d%C3%B8de-i-Steinkjer-14529836.ece
      http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/krim/steinkjer-drapet-drapssiktet-soenn-paagrepet-i-naboens-hage/a/23963572/
      http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/mann-24-siktet-for-a-ha-drept-faren-sin-i-steinkjer/67445413
    • By The Librarian
      It was by the order of King Christian 4th. who had declared that the JHWH should be made known. He also had it placed on other buildings throughout Danmark, Sweden and Norway
    • By Jack Ryan
      Massive article in print tomorrow, a follow up from the excellent "The Elder"-article printed earlier, that was made available for us in English version here.
      https://www.fvn.no/nyheter/norgeogverden/i/xRWkJp/The-Elder
      Tomorrow there's a huge follow-up, I will not share the full article now, due to respect of the amazing work that is done by the journalists, but I'm sure we will find a solution if you have som patience. Meanwhile there is a possibility to create an account and read the article in Norwegian here:
      https://www.fvn.no/nyheter/i/yvrBLJ/Medlemmers-grove-lovbrudd-og-sexliv-handteres-i-egne-domsutvalg
      I have made a translation of the headline and the intro:
    • By Jack Ryan
      An article featured on the front page of the newspaper Stavanger Aftenblad (Norway) with the article in the 'magazine' section. Stavanger Aftenblad is a popular daily newspaper based in Stavanger, south-west Norway.

• By Jack Ryan
      The pictures above is today's printed edition of the Norwegian newspaper Fædrelandsvennen. They have published the result of two years journalism where they have been digging deeply into the issues of PIMO life, the struggle to break free, and the consequences for mental health.
      Today they printed the first of seven articles as a result of this work, the story of "Fredrik" who is a fader, a story a lot of you will relate to. The next six articles will be in print the following days to come.
      All seven articles are now published online for subscribers. I will eventually provide translations of all articles into English here on this sub, but for now they have to stay this way. I would really appreciate if some of you would subscribe and read the articles through Google Translate. It will give you a better story, a complete layout with all the pictures and references. You can subscribe for only 1 NOK the first month, that is just a dime, 1/8 of a dollar. Just remember to unsubscribe after you register, so it doesn't keep running, you still keep your first month. If you need help subscribing, please feel free to dm me.
      This is the seven articles:
      https://www.fvn.no/nyheter/lokalt/i/zL2Q5w/-Tenk-om-jeg-mister-datteren-min
      1- The story of "Fredrik" a fader who is struggling to find his way and keep his children away from the Cult. Also talks about the mental breakdown he had while waking up.
      https://www.fvn.no/nyheter/lokalt/i/Ond27E/Psykolog--Helvete-er-slett-ikke-det-verste
      2. A psychiatrist speaking about the mental damages done to all of us because of the way JWs raise their children based on the threat of shunning. She speaks out about the impact this has on children and the way the brain works when it is pushed on this. She is "Fredrik's" healthcare professional and have followed his journey the last three years.

https://www.fvn.no/nyheter/lokalt/i/e1gRb9/-Savner-en-far_-men-ikke-pappa
      3. "Rita" , a df'd woman, telling about her story, being df'd at 19, then reinstated just to be with his family even though everyone knew she didn't believe. Tells the story about how her elder dad fixed the reinstatement.

https://www.fvn.no/nyheter/lokalt/i/Rx0X35/Geir-har-forlatt-Jehovas-vitner_-men-foreldrene-har-ikke-brutt-med-ham
      4. "Geir", he left as a youth before he got baptized, so he is not completely shunned. Tells the story on how this has affected his life, being an outcast from the rest of his family.

https://www.fvn.no/nyheter/lokalt/i/4dwKAg/Barnevernleder-om-Jehovas-vitner--Dette-har-vi-for-lite-fokus-pa
      5. A childcare professional speaking out after reading the other stories. Says she is shocked and says that this needs more attention from professionals. Promises to take this up the system.

https://www.fvn.no/nyheter/lokalt/i/L07Bxx/Hemmelig-lederhandbok-om-hvordan-medlemmer-skal-dommes
      6. A massacre of the Shepherd-book. A PhD in Theology walks through it in detail and comments on the way they micromanage the life of JW's.

https://www.fvn.no/nyheter/lokalt/i/kaVLrj/Han-hjelper-tidligere-medlemmer-i-Jehovas-vitner
      7. The afterlife, an article about people who help those who have left.
      And for those who have bothered to read this post this far...."Fredrik", the dude on the front page, is me...
    • By Jack Ryan
      Det er livesending nummer 2 i Idol 2018 og 10 deltakere skal bli 9. Kveldens tema er «Dette er meg» og vi skal bli ordentlig godt kjent med finalistene vÃ¥re.
    • By Jack Ryan
      An article in Aftenposten, Norway's largest printed newspaper by circulation.
      18,000 join together at Norway's biggest Bible convention
      Tens of thousands gathered at the Bible meeting in the Telenor Arena
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Robert Cumulus
    Newest Member
    Robert Cumulus

• Topics

• Uh oh. You are reacting (and I thank you) to my Dawkins post on the wrong thread. Be prepared for an onslaught from @AlanF about how STUPID you are!   He is not the same—JTR is an absolute saint by comparison—but I used to occasionally include off-color words in my posts just to see him, who could launch the nastiest and crudest of tirades, get all bent out of shape that I has said a naughty word.
    • Why I enjoyed your piece : it cclearly identifies the cantankerous way all darwinists act...... the religion seems to affect them this way.   Mr Dawkins has embarrassed himself quite a lot since he became a celebrity for the cause......  I think the best video I saw of him is when he said that aliens seeded the earth. ..... in a discussion on the origins of life. ..
    • Loved your contribution above.  The propaganda regarding the  "religion of peace" hides its extreme and barbaric violence.  True, JWs are the true religion of peace for refusing any political division in our ranks (not taking sides) or going to war to fight any of this system's battles. It is encouraging to be able to identify this nation on earth. I studied the "religion of peace" ...... most people in UK call it by this name now because one can get 2 years in prison for islamaphobia.  One can mock a Christian, burn the bible, call jesus an adulterer and make funny pictures of him but do NOT hint at  anything against the "religion of peace".  Oh-  I am comparing the injustice of the world in its bias treatment of JWs again in OCD way...... that will trigger Mr. JAH2......
    • This is not technically true. Admittedly, there was much opinion, but there was also at least one bit of solid information content: It would be very hard to dispute with that one.
    • I think a lot of people suspected that pretty quickly, especially as their top 3 issues appear to be the same, and as time goes on, even their pet peeves match up. I don't know for sure that JB was "DF'd" from the site, but it's the impression I got because there was some kind of warning, and then he was gone. At this point if they are the same, I don't think it matters in the slightest. But the reason I jump in on this topic is because I don't want anyone to be confused with my use of the term DF.  According to JB, he was treated as if DF'd in his congregation, even though he was not officially DF'd by a committee of elders. Not all of the reasons for this treatment were clear. Now that you have suspected that 4Jah2me was DF'd, I just figured that the JB story ought to be a reminder that it's always possible 4Jah2me was never DF'd either. 
    • Tweeted Richard Dawkins one fine day (11/13/19): “You could easily spot any Religion of Peace. Its extremist members would be extremely peaceful”  Can it be? Is Richard Dawkins referring to Jehovah’s Witnesses—universally known for being “extremely peaceful” yet declared “extremists” in Russia? If so, I will take back the relatively few bad things I have said about him. I have not really said THAT many bad things about him. At times, I have even been complimentary. When he blessed the atheist buses rolling out in London, I said that he raised a good point—his was a reaction to existing “hellfire’ buses, with advertising from the church. He did wuss-out, though, with a: “There probably is no God.” Probably? It wasn’t until I began following him on Twitter, though, that I noticed how breathtakingly contemptuous he was toward anyone who disagreed with him—not merely about God, but also on geopolitical things—and then I did say a few mean things. For example, I said of him that “he does not suffer fools gladly, and a fool is anyone who disagrees with him.” However, he has largely repented over this online meanness. I’ve noticed it over the months. He has not banished it entirely, but it is much less prevalent, so that I regret that I ever said what I did.  The temptation to be disdainful of opponents is well-nigh irresistible, particularly if you think that they are willfully choosing ignorance. I have (more or less) mastered the temptation, of course, but I have a source of effective and unending counsel that he does not. This is no more concisely stated than it was at a recent Watchtower Study. A Bible verse considered how we ought “do nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with humility consider others superior to you.” (Philippians 2:3) Practically speaking, this advice is not easy to implement. It may even strike one as nonsensical—how can everyone be superior to everyone else? Said that Watchtower: “The humble person acknowledges that everyone is superior to him in some way.—Phil. 2:3, 4.”  Of course. In some way everyone is superior to everyone else. Search for that way, hone in on it like a laser beam, and it will not be so difficult to treat even opponents with respect. “Disagree without being disagreeable” is the catchphrase today. But Professor Dawkins does not have this advantage. Much of his tradition would sway him in just the opposite “survival of the fittest” direction. So he must be given credit for his new, somewhat softer, online personality. Possibly someone who has his best interests at heart—perhaps his wife—said, “Richard, you sure do come across as a cantankerous crank on Twitter,” and he deliberately walked it back. It’s commendable. Now, I don’t think Richard had Jehovah’s Witnesses in mind with his tweet. He probably has formed his views of them through the contributions of their “apostate” contingent, and those views could hardly be blacker. I looked down among his comments to see whether any of those nasties had reared their heads. Perhaps here was an example: “Not entirely true. Extremists usually have their own misinterpretation of scriptures.” I responded to this one: “If “misinterpretation” results in a religion of peace, perhaps it is not a misinterpretation after all. Perhaps the mainline view is a misinterpretation.” Is that not a no-brainer?  Another one, disagreeing with the above tweet: “Actually no. Most extremists do exactly what is written in their book. ‘Misinterpretation’ is used as an argument by believers that cherry pick morals that fit our secular ethics today.” I know this type, too. This is the type that finds slavery in the Bible or war in the Old Testament and rails at the “hypocrisy.” I responded to this fellow as well: “Everything has a historical context and to deliberately ignore such context is to be intellectually dishonest. If our side does it to theirs, we never hear the end of it.” He blew up at this reference to context. Evil is evil, he carried on, across all places and time-frames. These characters are very predictable—you could even write their lines for them and not be too far off. Has “critical thinking” made us all nincompoops? It was once thought the most intelligent thing in the world to consider historical backdrop; one was irresponsible, even deceitful, not to do it. Very well. If he is going to trash, with blinders affixed, the source that I hold dear, I will do the same with his source: “You should turn your critical thinking skills upon Ancient Greece, the definer of it. When time travel is invented, history revisionists will give a friendly wave to American slaveholding forefathers as they race back in time to fetch wicked Greek pedophiles—it was an enshrined value of that world—back in irons.” He was not chastened by this. Hijacking Twitter as his personal courtroom, he cross-examined: “Is the holding and beating of slaves, as described in Exodus, morally acceptable? Yes or no?” I countered: “Is the raping of children as endorsed by Ancient Greek society morally acceptable? Yes or no?” Incredibly, he was not dissuaded. “Last chance!” he shot back. “Is the holding and beating of slaves, as described in Exodus, morally acceptable? Yes or no?” “To the blockheads, I became a blockhead.”—Paul (sort of) —1 Corinthians 9:19-22,” I tweeted back: “Two can play the game of obstinacy. Last chance: Is the rape of children—it was enshrined in Ancient Greek society—morally acceptable? Yes or no?” Then I went away, and when I came back, he had deleted all this tweets so that it was hard for me to reconstruct the thread. However, someone else had pointed out a grave sin I had committed: “Thomas you are guilty of the moral equivalence fallacy.” Am I? I suppose. You can sort of guess by the wording just what that phrase means—I had not heard it before. At least it is in English. I once heard a theologian quip that if there is a Latin phrase and a perfectly clear English phrase that means the same thing, always use the Latin phrase so people will know that you are educated. But my “moral equivalence fallacy” is still is no more than considering historical context, a praiseworthy intellectual technique for all time periods except ours.  Besides, I actually had posted something about slavery long ago. But it is not a topic so simple that it can be hashed out in a few tweets, and so I declined to go there with this fellow, who would debate all the sub-points. If God corrected every human injustice the moment it manifested itself, there would be nothing left. The entire premise of the Bible is that human-rule is unjust in itself and that God allows a period of time for that to be clearly manifested before bringing in his kingdom—the one referred to in the “Lord’s prayer”—to straighten it all out. In the meantime, the very ones who work themselves into a lather at religion “brainwashing” people are livid that God did not brainwash slavery away once humans settled upon it as a fine economic underpinning. If Dawkins’s tweet and my response hangs around long enough before burial in the Twitter feed, I would expect some of our malcontents to observe as they did in Russia, where the only evidence of extremism cited is proclaiming “a religious view of supremacy.” Huge protest will come at how Jehovah’s Witnesses practice shunning and thus “destroy” relationships and even family. But views inevitably translate into consequences and policies. Refusal to “come together” with those who insist on diametrically opposed views is hardly the “extremism” of ISIS—and yet the Russian Supreme Court has declared that it is, with the full backing in principle of those from the ex-JW community—the ones who go crusading, which is perhaps 10%. I’m going to write this up as a post and append it to his thread. Let’s see what happens. Probably nothing, but you never know. Plus, let’s expand on that particular Watchtower some more. The particular article covered was entitled: “Jehovah Values His Humble Servants” (September 2019 issue—study edition) Unlike nearly all religious services, Witness meetings are ones that you can prepare for. You can comment during them. They are studies of the sacred book, not just impromptu rap sessions, acquiescencing to ceremony, or sitting through someone else’s sermon. You can prepare for them, and you are benefited, as in any classroom, when you do. The focus here, as it so often is, is on practical application.  Humility draws persons to us. Haughtiness repels them, and thus makes next to impossible the mantra to “come together.” My own comment, when the time was right, was that haughty people can only accomplish so much—it may be a great deal, for haughty people are often very capable people—but eventually they run up against the fact that nobody else can stand them, and so people are motivated to undercut their ideas, even if they are good ones, out of sheer payback for ugliness. Humble people, on the other hand, may be far less capable individually, but their efforts add up. They know how to cooperate and yield to each other in a way that haughty people do not. Someone else on that Dawkins thread, an amateur wit, played with that them of unlikely extremists: “Jehova's witnesses are peaceful but their extremists are better extremely annoying...” Why fight this? It is a viewpoint. Viewpoints are not wrong, because they are viewpoints—right or wrong doesn’t enter into the equation. Better to roll with it. I was indeed on a roll, and so I tweeted back:  “I will grant that they can be. Still, if you had a choice between a team of JWs approaching your door and a team of ISIS members, you would (hopefully) choose theformer. Those 2 groups, and only those 2 groups are officially declared “extremist” in Russia.” And with that, I included a link to my ebook, “Dear Mr. Putin - Jehovah’s Witnesses Write Russia.” I am shameless in that. No matter how many books I sell, it is not enough. I don’t sell them, anyway. The book is free, a labor of love. It is an application of the theme: “If you have something important to say, don’t hide it behind a paywall.” It is the only, to my knowledge, complete history of events leading up to and beyond the 2017 ban of the Witness organization in Russia. As to the latest developments there, another one was herded off to prison, who, making the best of a sour situation, or perhaps genuinely finding value there, said: "I want to thank … prosecution. I don't just thank you, but thank you very much, because thanks to you my faith has become stronger … I see I'm on the right path." Of course. It is unreasonable to oppose so vehemently a people totally honest, hard-working, and given to peace—and yet the Bible says that such will exactly happen. How can it not serve to strengthen faith?
    • According to scientific knowledge, the entire universe is in two states every day: something becomes and something disappears. Life on Earth is in the same status. I am disappointed with suffer of creatures on Earth, too. And can't connect with "my picture" of God as i accepted through JW Bible interpretations and my own interpretations, then and now. What if we made wrong pictures about Creator? .... based on wrong or failed text? 
  • Popular Now