Last Reply

Replies

Views

The Librarian -
The Librarian -

Top Posters

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      in the Bible the word paradise is only said 4 times, and only once (during Jesus’ crucifixion) is it said to possibly mean the earthly paradise.
      So the paradise is a lie. The lie was pushed by Rutherford when they realized that the religion was growing too fast, so they had to figure what to do about everyone else. Paradise is a fabrication, a lie, and is the reason anyone joined in the first place.
      Apparently between 1928 and 1942 the number of witnesses went from 44,000 to 115,000.  that is some very rapid growth.
    • By Bible Speaks
      Luke 23:43. Soon 
      🌈🐂🦒🦍🐑🦏🦘🐳🐘🌈
      675E3982-E461-4B2A-815E-E11D397EF507.MOV
    • By Jack Ryan
      A friend of mine saw this picture on her facebook with the caption "Our first day in heaven. What a day that will be!!!" It clearly isnt heaven, however, and I'm 90% sure based on the art style and sense of familiarity that it's from a JW publication. Anyone know which one?
    • By Jack Ryan
      Song of Sol 4:13, Luke 23:39-43, 2 Cor 12:1-7, Rev 2:5-7; Insight pg. 576. These verses when read with context all show a heavenly paradise
      Heavenly reward for Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; Matt 8:11
      Those who are persecuted, the kingdom of HEAVEN belongs to; Matt 5:10-12
      One Hope; Eph 4:4
      All scriptures point to the future hope being Heavenly; Matt 6:20-21; 7:21; 19:21; John 14:2-4; 3:3; Luke 20:34-38; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Cor 15:42-50; 2 Cor 5:6-8; 1 Pet 1:3-5
      Rev 19:1 talks about the great crowd being in heaven
      The Earth will pass away; psalm 102:25-25; Isaiah 51:6; Matt 24:34-35; Hebrews 1:10-12
      Gen 8:22: all other translations say “while the earth remains/endures”. This implies that the Earth has a end date.
      New Earth talked about: Isaiah 65:17-18; 2 Peter 3:10-13; Rev 21:1-2
      Psalm 37:29: The majority of translations show this verse to say “then righteous shall inherit the LAND”, referring to the promised land. Talks of the earth or land remaining forever all come from Pslams or Ecclesiastes which are songs and poems using figurative language which are hard to prove to be literal.
    • By Jack Ryan
      I assume the Watchtower meant this to represent Satan in Eden?
    • By The Librarian
      Will be so perfect.... no death.... no suffering at all... just pure perfection.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • By ARchiv@L
      A Prophet in Exile Receives Glimpses of the Future
      https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-message/prophet-daniel-glimpses-gods-kingdom/

• By The Librarian
      For example... what will a snake slithering through the grass or in trees eat?
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      I'm so fortunate to be part of a generation of millennials who have shifted their desires away from physical belongings and white picket fences toward a life of experiences, connection, and travel.
      We are not guaranteed another week, month, or year to start pursuing our dreams. Lucky for us, it's becoming more and more mainstream to work from anywhere in the world, with nothing more than a laptop and an idea.
      I don't have any special secret, travel hack, or trust fund that allows me to live in my dream locale of Maui, travel heaps, and pay my bills on time, all without a 9-to-5 job. I simply prioritize the things I value—last-minute excursions, quality time with family, and the ability to leave my alarm unset some mornings—more than everything else.
      This lifestyle isn't just for Instagram celebrities or people who got "lucky." All it takes is a few simple shifts:
      1. Go tiny.
      For my husband and me, moving into a 124-square-foot tiny house cut back on our cost of living by nearly a third. A smaller space means smaller electric, rent, and water bills and way less room to accumulate junk we don't need. Sometimes it means working from my "office" (aka my car) when I need a quiet space, but this is a small price to pay to avoid sitting in a cubicle for 40 hours a week.
      2. Be a minimalist.
      Living in a tiny space means that I physically only have space for a few different outfits. I make sure that I actually wear every piece of clothing that I own, and often. I rarely spend money on new clothes, unless something becomes ripped or worn out. We don't own a TV, which means less money spent on cable TV and Netflix. I never buy frivolous items that I don't need, and I save on daily expenses by cooking most of my own meals and preparing my own coffee.
      This doesn't mean that I'm depriving myself, though. On special occasions, I'll treat myself to massages and specialty organic food items. Remember, it's all about your priorities.
      3. Find free fun without compromising your health.
      Prioritizing our cash means we don't spend a lot of money going out to eat, going to the movies, shopping, or doing other costly activities. We seek out free fun in the form of surfing, swimming, hiking, and playing at the beach instead, saving our money for more exciting things like great airfare.
      4. Pay for everything in cash (except travel).
      Safe to say that most of us (myself included) have felt "trapped" financially at some point. We feel tied to our house payment, car payments, or debt. I get it. However, once I began buying only things that I could actually afford and pay for with cash, it became significantly easier to not only save money but pay off the existing debt that I still owed. Paying for my used car in cash also means no monthly car payment and a significantly cheaper insurance bill each month. Travel is the only thing I'll charge on a card because...travel points. Enough said.
      5. Create a location-independent business.
      Gone are the days of a single linear path to success. There are now countless ways to make an income online by harnessing your unique passions, skills, and talents. Create a YouTube channel, blog, course, or podcast showcasing what you know. Start an Etsy store, web design business, or write freelance articles for online publications. The options are endless, and if you decide that your dream life depends on a location-independent business, you'll find a way to start one.
      http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-28626/how-i-afford-to-live-in-paradise-travel-the-world-without-a-9-to-5-job.html?utm_source=mbg&utm_medium=email&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=170217
    • By Bible Speaks
      WILL YOU BE WITH ME IN PARADISE? ??⛰?               
      Bible the translators appropriately used the term “paradise” (pa·raʹdei·sos) with reference to the garden of Eden, because it evidently was an enclosed park. 
      After the account in Genesis, Bible texts that tell about paradise refer to (1) the garden of Eden itself, or 
      (2) the earth as a whole when it will be transformed in the future to a condition like that of Eden, or 
      (3) flourishing spiritual conditions among God’s servants on earth, or 
      (4) provisions in heaven that remind one of Eden.
      Genesis 2:8 states: “Jehovah God planted a garden [“park,” Mo; “paradise,” Dy; pa·raʹdei·son, LXX] in Eden, toward the east, and there he put the man [Adam] whom he had formed.” There was an abundance of varied and fascinating plant and animal life. 
      Jehovah blessed the first human pair and said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.” (Gen. 1:28) 
      God’s original purpose for all the earth to be a paradise populated by those who appreciatively obey his laws will not go unfulfilled. (Isa. 45:18;55:10, 11) 
      That is why Jesus said: “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.” That is also why he taught his disciples to pray: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matt. 5:5; 6:9, 10) 
      In harmony with that, Ephesians 1:9-11 explains God’s purpose “to gather all things together again in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth.” Hebrews 2:5refers to “the inhabited earth to come.” Revelation 5:10 mentions those who, as joint heirs with Christ, are to “rule as kings over the earth.” Revelation 21:1-5 and 22:1, 2 add delightful descriptions of conditions that will exist in the “new earth” and that remind one of the original Paradise in Eden with its tree of life.—Gen. 2:9.
      Additionally, Jesus used the Greek expression pa·raʹdei·sos when referring to the future earthly Paradise. “He said to him [an evildoer who was being impaled alongside Jesus and who expressed faith in Jesus’ coming kingship]: ‘Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise.’”—Luke 23:43.
      jw.org
      IMG_5900.MP4

• By Bible Speaks
      @shafersfamily touring Brooklyn Bethel and imagining being in Paradise.
    • By Bible Speaks
      Paradise is close! Make it real..... Studying on the beach. Photo shared by @mishelljg preparation beach
    • By Outta Here
      It won't just be humans reconstructing paradise

• By Jack Ryan
      I thought it interesting to note the modern Star Trek clothing will be used and that fresh fruit will still be flown in off season by jets..
      Also interesting was the use of the worldly song to depict the scene.
      This is the final video of the 2016 Regional Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses.
      Music in video is "Eternal Flame" by Paul Dinletir

In the past we were not allowed to mix worldly music with Jehovah's True Worship at an assembly. So this is another big change.

Prince might have some music we could license and use in future videos.
      Keep dreaming my friends. The dream is too good to let go.
      "....it will not be late"
      Hugs,

• By Jack Ryan
      I think we stopped using "New Order" about 5 years ago or so officially.
    • By The Librarian
      Please describe in detail.
      Location, materials, and why. ;-)
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    didiervaissiere
    Newest Member
    didiervaissiere

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.